WWE 2009- Fast Forward to Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

X-Perience Results

MATCH 1
Elijah Burke def. Super Crazy
(Extreme Rules)

MATCH 2
Ricky Ortiz def. Stevie Richards & Jamie Noble & Gavin Spears & Jesse & DH Smith & Kenny Dykstra & Curt Hawkins
(8 Man Battle Royale)

MATCH 3
Evan Bourne +Shantelle Taylor def. Kevin Thorn +Lena Yada
(Mixed Tag Team)

ECW Week 2

Styles- Welcome one and all to another edition of-
Tazz- ECW baby! And we have a phenomenal show ahead of us today.
Styles- Up first though, we will see RVD make a statement regarding Sabu’s uncalled-for attack on him last week, and then Rob will take on our resident Italian, Little Guido!
Tazz- I always thought you were Italian, Joey.
Styles- And I thought you were a nice person on the inside Tazz, but people make mistakes.

Rob Van Dam begins the show in the ring.

RVD- All of you know why I am out here now, all of you saw what happened last week. But don’t worry Sabu, I am not out here to whine and moan, I am not even out here to force answers out of you. Rather, I am here to say sorry. I am sorry for your mistreatment over the years and I am sorry for taking your spotlight. I never realised that you were so upset, and now I realise that as a friend. I didn’t look out for you. So there, I am sorry for the past. But Sabu, we are men, and we forgive and forget. That attack last week was uncalled for. If you want my respect, ask for it. If you want a shot at my title, say it to my face. We are men. That’s why I came here to apologise and I only hope that you have the decency to return the favor. I am asking you out of the bottom of my heart to just say sorry and let us be friends again. We managed to be friends for 20 years. Why stop that now?

He drops the microphone and warms up for his match.

Styles- Why is RVD apologizing? He was the one attacked!
Tazz- Why wouldn’t he apologize? He has disrespected Sabu throughout his whole career. I mean, I don’t like him being attacked but he cant expect years of treating his friend like dirt to go unnoticed.
Styles- I still disagree Tazz, but right now, all RVD should be focusing on is his match with Little Guido.

MATCH 1
Little Guido v Rob Van Dam
(Single)

Guido extends his arm for a handshake. RVD goes to shake it but Guido hits a cheap punch to the face on him. He follows it up with a chop and then goes to Irish whip him, only to be pulled himself into the corner turnbuckle. RVD runs to the corner and hits a dropkick, making Guido sink down. He pushes him into the centre of the ring and ascends the top rope. However Guido stumbles to his feet, taking away any chance of hitting the Five Star Frog Splash. Instead, he jumps and hits a diving kick on the Italian. Van Dam covers, 1.....2..... Kick out.

RVD then gets up and runs to the other side of the ring, bouncing off the ropes. He does a roll and a flip and goes to finish the rolling thunder, but Guido moves out of the way and RVD crashes back first onto the ground. He winces in pain and gets rolled up with a handful of tights, 1.....2..... He rolls backwards and onto his feet, before hitting a hard dropkick to the face of Guido. He bounces of the ropes again and takes a forward roll into a splash, this time hitting the rolling thunder! He goes back up to the top rope but Guido gets up as well. RVD is about to jump, but Guido runs into the ropes, shaking them and making RVD fall down and crotch himself on the corner.

Guido walks to he second rope, grabs his head, and land a DDT that sends RVD right to the floor below. Guido then goes up to the top rope and waits for Van Dam to get up. RVD gets to his knees and Guido jumps for the Sicilian Slice, but RVD dodges and Guido crashes and burns on the canvas. For the third time, RVD goes to the top rope, this time jumping up to the top with one leap. He is about to jump but then sees Sabu running down the ramp with a chair. RVD climbs down onto the apron and jumps at Sabu, but he throws the chair and hits Van Dam mid air, sending him to the ground. Seeing this, the referee calls for the bell as the beat down continues on the outside.

WINNER- Rob Van Dam by DISQUALIFICATION in 4:54

Styles- Oh come on! This is sick!
Tazz- This, Joey, is what ECW is all about. And it’s not over just yet!

Sabu continues the beat down and hits RVD straight in the back with the chair. He places it above his chest before climbing onto the barricade, and hitting a leg drop, sending the steel right into the heart of Van Dam. Steel chair in hand, he grabs a microphone.

Sabu- You want an apology? Here’s your apology!

He grabs a chair and swings it, clocking RVD in the head and busting him open. Sabu leaves the bloody mess that is Rob Van Dam sprawled out on the ramp.

Styles- It seems that all Sabu wants to do to RVD is inflict pain on him.
Tazz- That’s true. All Sabu wants to do is to make Rob suffer, and he’s been pretty successful so far.
Styles- This definitely isn’t over.
Tazz- And you have to wonder if it will spill over into a match for RVD’s ECW Championship.
Styles- I sure hope not. Sabu deserves nothing after the things he’s done.

***COMMERCIAL***

John Morrison’s music plays and he and the Miz walk down to the ring with a cocky strut.

Styles- Oh no, not these two!
Tazz- Respect the Miz and John Morrison, they are the future of ECW Joey, you know it.
Styles- I do know it, I just hate their arrogance.

Miz- ECW just got better…

Morrison- Hotter…

Miz- Richer…

Morrison- Sexier…

Miz- Spectacular-ar…

Morrison- What?

Miz- Umm… it doesn’t matter. What we are saying is that just by being here; we are raising the status of ECW. Check the ratings after today, and we guarantee that any segment with us will be the most viewed portion of the show.

Morrison- And let’s face it, that’s no real surprise. You people are gazing upon greatness and the Chick magnet and the Tuesday Night Delight are what make ECW so successful.

Miz- And tonight, all we came out here for is to let you people see what it is like to be successful. We just came out here to let you people see how lucky you are, just being in the same building as us.

Morrison- Hey, the whole world is lucky that they are on the same planet as us.

Miz- Take a lot at us and you take a look at perfection. Tie your women down so they don’t follow us home and please, prevent yourselves from drooling when you see our gorgeous physiques.

Morrison- Yeah, take a look at these abs.

Miz- Indeed John, and as you can see-

Tommy Dreamer’s music plays and he and the Sandman come out onto the stage.

Tazz- This here, this is rude.
Styles- Finally someone can stop this display of self indulgence.
Tazz- These ECW Originals sure don’t look happy!

Dreamer- Enough!

Sandman- You two queers are lucky I’m not going Singapore cane on your asses right now.

Morrison- Wow, look it’s the arrival of the veterans club. What are you gonna do about us, throw lawn bowls at us? Please people, let the future of the business handle the show and-

Dreamer- Shut up! We’re sick of you two thinking that you are the highlights of ECW. Well the E in ECW stands for Extreme and that is what we personify. So, we are challenging you both to a match right here right now.

Miz- Hey, you don’t just get a match against us. You have to deserve it; you can’t just demand to be beaten by us.

Morrison- Yeah Tommy, maybe we’ll give you a match once you figure out how to wrestle a match without using weapons. Do you even know what a headlock is? And Sandman, try challenging us when you lose that beer gut and when you doing something without that stick you call your only friend.

Dreamer- You boys are the reason that ECW is being ruined. Your fur coats, Ferraris and flamboyancies are what is killing the name of extreme. And trust me, the entire roster support us and agree.

A voice is heard from behind where Dreamer is on the stage.

Voice- Not everybody…

Styles- Who was that?
Tazz- I think it’s-

Kevin Steen and Mark Henry step out to face Tommy Dreamer and the Sandman.

Henry- On the contrary, we think that people like you are what is killing ECW. You are weighing the brand down by acting like its 10 years ago. The Miz and John Morrison are right. You two are sorry excuses for wrestlers and put my brand to shame.

Sandman- What are you gonna do about it?

Steen- We’re gonna play extreme.

Mark Henry suddenly runs into Dreamer and knocks him to the floor. He takes a Singapore Cane shot from the Sandman but then Kevin Steen hits the Sandman with a Package Piledriver! Mark Henry then recovers and hits a Splash on Dreamer who is on the floor. They pose and turn around to leave but turn right into Chris Harris and Finlay, who has a shillelagh in his hand.

Tazz- Oh no.
Styles- I’m pretty Kevin Steen and Mark Henry didn’t want to run into these two right now.

Finlay- Forget last week?

Harris- We haven’t!

Finlay- And we still want more revenge!

Henry- But you already got your rev-

Harris- Do you think we care?

Finlay strikes Mark Henry with the Shillelagh while Harris hits the Catatonic on Steen. They beat them down with fists and weapons until the Miz and John Morrison run from the ring to make the save. All 8 men are now brawling on the stage and this prompts the General Manager Theodore Long to walk out.

Long- Playas, you wanna stop with the fighting? I can see that all eight of you are hungry for a fight and that’s what I’m gonna give y’all. Right now, we’re gonna see an 8 man tag team match. It will be Chris Harris, Finlay, Tommy Dreamer and the Sandman, against Kevin Steen, Mark Henry, John Morrison and the Miz. Holla playas now get to the ring.

All 8 men make their way to the ring, without taking their eyes off each other. The two teams then go to the opposite sides of the apron and wait for the match to begin.

Tazz- I love our general manager Joey, you just don’t know what he will think of next.
Styles- These 8 men will go all out.
Tazz- And you just wonder how the overlapping rivalries will play out.
Styles- A great match announced, and it starts right now.

MATCH 2
Kevin Steen +Mark Henry +The Miz +John Morrison v Chris Harris +Finlay +Tommy Dreamer +The Sandman
(8 Man Tag Team)

Finlay and the Miz begin in the ring. They lock up, and Finlay gets the upper hand with a hammerlock. He wrenches the arm of the Miz and then pulls him back before hitting a clubbing lariat to the back of his head. Finlay then boots the back of the crawling Miz, sending him onto his stomach. He then steps over him and goes to put him in a camel clutch, but Miz turns over and catches him with a punch to the face. Miz throws Finlay off him and starts to crawl over to his corner for a tag. Finlay gets back up and grabs the Miz’s foot, but then John Morrison reaches over the apron and catches Finlay with a punch. The referee doesn’t notice this and Finlay falls back, as the Miz makes a tag to Mark Henry who smiles upon entering the ring with Finlay.

Henry immediately goes to lock in the Bearhug on Finlay but the fighting Irishman elbows Henry over his shoulder before he has a chance to put him in the hold. Finlay then catches Mark with a forearm to the face and then a lariat as Henry staggers backwards. Finlay then bounces off the ropes and lands a running seated senton to Henry’s chest. He then gets back up and goes to his corner where he tags in the Sandman. The Sandman runs in flailing his Singapore cane around but then Tommy Dreamer snatches it from him before he gets the team disqualified. Sandman looks slightly disdainful but nevertheless walks back over to Henry, who he immediately nails with a fistdrop. Sandman then goes up to the second rope, and flies back down with a leg drop to Henry’s midsection.

Sandman then picks Mark and goes to Irish whip him, but Henry reverses and Sandman is sent back first into the corner. Henry runs for a back splash but Sandman lifts his legs up and dropkicks him in the back of the head. Henry looks hurt, but also angrier and he goes for the same move once again. This time Sandman dodges to the side so Henry runs himself back first into the turnbuckle. Sandman then hits him with a dropkick the jaw before getting back up and nailing him with a running bulldog from the corner to the centre of the ring, where Henry is now spread out. Sandman then goes up to the top rope and lands the Rolling Rock!

Tommy Dreamer is then tagged in and he immediately goes for the cover, 1.....2..... Kevin Steen runs in and breaks up the count. Dreamer pushes him away and Steen begins to fume, but Miz pulls him away before he attacks Dreamer and causes a disqualification. Dreamer looks back to Henry who is in the process on getting up. He lifts him up and nails him with a toe kick, before hitting a Black Russian Leg Sweep. Dreamer then lifts Henry up again and goes for a DDT but he struggles to put the colossal Henry in a headlock. Henry then uses his sheer power to hit him with a push, to which the ECW original replies with a running forearm. He hits some punches, an uppercut and another forearm to Henry but he just can’t take him down with such offense. He decides to bounce off the ropes to gain more momentum, but as he reaches the ropes, John Morrison, who is on the apron, sticks out his leg and kicks Dreamer in the back. The referee doesn’t see this and as Dreamer staggers forward, clutching his back, Henry hits him with a running lariat. He then tags in Morrison to get a fresh team member in the ring.

Morrison goes immediately over to Dreamer, pulling back his hand and then measuring Dreamer before executing a huge right hand right in the temple of Dreamer. Following on from this, Morrison waits until Dreamer is seated before hitting a low roundhouse kick in the exact same place as the punch. Morrison continues to target Dreamer’s right temple, lifting him up and hitting a European uppercut, before sending him back down with a dropkick. Morrison goes for the Moonlight Drive, but Dreamer reverses it into an arm drag. Morrison gets up quickly and hits a step-up enzugiri to the very same temple of Dreamer. He then walks back to his corner and tags in Kevin Steen.

Steen runs in and knees Dreamer in the head before picking him up, only to bringing him back down to the canvas with a lariat. Steen then hits a standing double foot stomp, before going to the second rope. He goes for another two foot jumping stomp, but this time Dreamer rolls out of the way. Steen lands hard and rubs his knees, but then is caught with a leg sweep from Dreamer. Tommy crawls to his corner and reaches out for a tag, but before his hand can be slapped, Steen grabs his leg and pulls him back into the centre of the ring. Both men get up and Steen goes for a superkick and nails Dreamer right in the face, but then Tommy falls towards his corner, when Chris Harris tags himself in, wanting to get in the ring with Steen.

They go face to face in the ring ad then Steen slaps Harris in the face, before trotting over to his partners and tagging in Mark Henry. Henry runs towards Harris, but Chris moves and Mark collides with his opposition’s corner, where Finlay gets a cheap punch to his face. From this, Henry falls back, right into a roll up from Harris, 1.....2..... The Miz runs into the ring breaks up the pin. Finlay tags himself in and rushes into the ring to take out the Miz but then is floored with a dropkick from John Morrison. All eight participants rush into the ring, and the referee is struggling amongst the chaos. Suddenly, Chris Harris hits Mark Henry with the Catatonic and he bumps into the referee, knocking him down.

There is brawling everywhere around the ring, with all eight men beating each other down. Tommy Dreamer and the Sandman take Mark Henry out of the ring with a double clothesline over the top rope. Harris then hits Steen with a Catatonic as he is resting on the ropes, and it sends both of them through to the floor. Finlay gets out of the ring to pummel Mark Henry with his shillelagh. The Miz and John Morrison then help each other throw the Sandman out of the ring. They then focus on Tommy Dreamer. The Miz hits half of the Reality Check and then John Morrison bounces off the ropes and hits jumping roundhouse to Dreamer. He turns around but then takes a shillelagh shot from Finlay, who then also hits Miz. He hits Morrison again in the face and then throws away the weapon, before making a cover. The referee recovers and looks at Finlay making the pin. 1.....2.....3 Finlay and his team win this chaotic match!

WINNERS- Chris Harris +Finlay +Tommy Dreamer +The Sandman by PINFALL in 16:12

Styles- That was a chaotic match with an ever chaotic-er ending!
Tazz- Sometimes I don’t know what you’re talking about Joey.

***COMMERCIAL***

General Manager Theodore Long’s office is shown, with him and Matt Hardy standing inside.

Long- What’re you here for, Matt?

Hardy- Well Teddy, I have been quite disappointed since I had to relinquish my title through injury. I never really got another title shot, and, well… I thought that this would be a good time to try and get one.

Long- Sorry playa, but this ain’t the best time you could have asked. I was planning on giving the next title shot to Sabu.

Styles- Oh no, this is-
Tazz- Shut up and listen!

Hardy- But what has he done to deserve a title shot?

Long- He showed me how passionate he is and showed me how much he hated the champion. I can’t approve his actions but I have to admit that they took heart.

Hardy- But anyone could have gone and attacked Rob, that’s hardly anything to be proud of, that’s bull-

Long- Sorry Matt, but I’ve already made my decision. Maybe next time you’ll be luckier.

Hardy- Whatever…

The camera suddenly shifts to the locker room where Sabu is beating up RVD. Sabu throws him into the locker, before beating him down with a steel chair.

Long- Aw hell no, that’s it! I can’t sit back and watch my champion get beaten down like this. Sabu is going to have to work for his title shot, screw putting my main man in jeopardy like this. Matt, you’re in luck after all. Because tonight, it is going to be you taking on Sabu in a Number One Contendership match for the ECW Championship.

Hardy- Thanks Teddy, I won’t let myself down.

Hardy smiles and walks off.

Long- And somebody get security to backstage!

A man standing near Long’s office runs away and then the camera cuts back to the locker room, where Sabu is now being held away from Van Dam by referees. The champion lies there, beaten and bloodied.

Styles- Not again! Sabu just can’t get enough of making Rob Van Dam feel pain.
Tazz- You should be over the moon Joey, did you miss Teddy’s announcement? Now Sabu isn’t going to get a title shot just like that. He’ll have to go through Matt Hardy, who is as determined as him.
Styles- I guess that’s a good thing Tazz, and it should be a great match as well.
Tazz- But so should the match happening right now, featuring ECW’s own beautiful women!

MATCH 3
Christy Hemme v Eve Torres
(Single)

Torres goes to lock up with Hemme but takes a boot to the gut. She bends over in pain as Hemme hits a fame asser, sending Eve’s face into the canvas. Hemme kicks her onto her stomach, before hitting a leg drop on her face, with the intention of breaking her nose. Christy then picks her up and goes to slap her in the face, but Eve kicks her backwards and then runs towards her, tackling her and taking her down with a Lou Thesz press. She slaps Hemme across the face on the ground, so Christy throws her off her and both women get up simultaneously. Hemme then runs and goes for a clothesline but Torres ducks and rolls her up, 1.....2..... Hemme kicks out and gets to her feet in a state of anger.

Eve runs towards her, but Christy grabs her by the hair and uses her momentum to fling her across the ring. Hemme walks over to her and picks her up, before again grabbing her by the hair, and this time delivering a sitting facebuster, pummeling Eve’s nose right into the ground. Hemme then boots Eve in the back of the head, before rolling her over and grinding her shoe on Eve’s nose, leaving her bleeding from the nostrils. Christy then goes up to the second rope, before lifting her leg up and falling in the splits, hitting the Guillotine Leg Drop. She has Eve’s blood on her legs and wipes it off. She then picks Torres up and slaps her brutally in the face, getting her own blood on her cheek. Hemme laughs maniacally before covering. 1.....2.....3 Christy’s streak continues.

WINNER- Christy Hemme by PINFALL in 3:38

Tazz- Christy Hemme stays undefeated, and is just brutalizing her own competition.
Styles- What kind of sick person makes their opponent taste their own blood?
Tazz- An ambitious person Joey, you can just tell Christy will be going places in no time.

***COMMERCIAL***

Chavo Guerrero walks down to the ring with his bodyguard Bam Neely.

Chavo- Escuche...

Bam- Listen!

Chavo- We are not only out here to participate in our tag team match against Kazarian and Colt Cabana. We are also here to send a message to the Lightweight Champion and to his... jester. Listen Kazarian, Bam and I, we are simple men. We go to work every day, we win, and we go home as proud amigos. We let our victories silence our opponents when all is said and done. We are deserving men as well. We fight, and we nearly always come out on top. I am a former ECW Champion, come on, this is a step down. I could be challenging for bigger and better things, but I am challenging you because nothing would please me more than beating your undeserving ass. Do you think you can just waltz in to my company and take a title from a worthy ECW superstar? I don’t think so. You may happy now with your fool’s gold, but at Backlash, I will get the last laugh. And your little lackey, Colt Cabana. Well, let’s just say that Bam over here will enjoy nothing more than inflicting endless pain on you tonight.

Bam- You’re both just going to become victims.

Chavo- Si amigo. Trust me Kaz, you and your little bitch will both fall to us tonight, and there is nothing you can do a-

Kazarian’s music plays and he and Colt Cabana step out onto the stage, before walking down to the ring. They get in and go to the opposite side of where Chavo and Bam are.

Cabana- You know what, Bam?

Bam- What?

Cabana- Tonight, I would like a mince meat pie. But I wouldn’t like it as much as a win against you. It could have happened last week, but I guess you’re going to hold off losing for tonight. And after I win, I’m going to enjoy my pie. And guess what? You’re not going to get any.

Chavo- What the hell are you on about?

Colt goes to talk but Kazarian quickly stops him and insists that he does the talking.

Kazarian- I could be asking you the same question Chavo. You’ve been coming out here tonight and making out that you are the best that ECW has to offer. I don’t know, maybe you ate a funny taco that gave you a boost of confidence, because you are pretty cocky for an undeserving son of a-

Chavo- Excuse me, are you calling me undeserving? I haven’t heard such hypocrisy since... since...

Kazarian- Please Chavo, stop, you’re embarrassing yourself, and if you continue in this matter then this embarrassment will continue at Backlash as well, when I beat you.

Chavo- Que? I’m sorry, but the only embarrassed people at Backlash will be your fans, once they realise that the man they falsely idolize is a failure. I can’t wait for the disappointment they will have once their hero loses their title.

Kazarian- The fans know they can believe in me, and trust me guys, I will not let you down at Backlash, or tonight!

Kazarian points to the crowd and cheers but is suddenly attacked with the microphone from behind by Chavo. Cabana and Neely get involved, prompting a referee to come down and force the teams onto separate sides for their match.

Styles- Things are heating up between Chavo and Kaz, and I can’t wait for things to culminate in their title match at Backlash.
Tazz- Please, let’s focus on their tag team match now, which should be just as good.

MATCH 4
Chavo Guerrero +Bam Neely v Kazarian +Colt Cabana
(Tag Team)

The two men facing each other for the Light Heavyweight Championship at backlash begin the match. Kazarian goes to lock up but Chavo catches him with a quick hip toss. Kazarian lands on his feet and goes for a spinning heel kick, but Chavo ducks and grabs his leg. He then hoists it upwards, causing Kazarian to flip backwards. However, Kaz manages to turn a full rotation and gets back to his feet, having just completed a Backflip. This time Chavo outstretches his arm to lock up, but Kazarian grabs it and twists Guerrero around into a hammerlock. Kazarian wrenches on the arm, but Chavo ducks under his arm and gets back to facing Kazarian. Kaz then pulls on Chavo’s arm and Irish whips him into the corner. He then runs up and delivers a dropkick to Chavo’s face. Guerrero sinks down as the champ goes and tags in Cabana.

Cabana sees Chavo slumped in the corner and runs full force towards him, hitting the flying apple. He then paces back, before running again, this time hitting a bronco buster. He pounds Chavo with his body until the Mexican superstar pushes forward into a pin. Chavo then puts his feet on the ropes, 1.....2..... Cabana then throws Chavo over him to break it up. Cabana then gets up along with Chavo and whips him into the turnbuckle. Chavo walks groggily forward after the impact and takes a snapmare from Colt. Cabana then rebounds off the opposite ropes and hits a low lariat to the seated Chavo. Cabana picks him up and picks him up into a vertical suplex position, before planting him down so that he is hung up on the ropes. Cabana goes for the Lake Shore Drive, but Chavo wriggles back down onto the outside apron, and pulls Cabana down into the top rope, sending him rebounding him back onto the canvas.

From the outside, Chavo climbs back onto the apron and then straight to the top rope. He signals for a possible Frog Splash but Cabana notices this and quickly is able to get up. As Cabana catches his breath, Chavo goes for a diving crossbody but Colt moves away and Guerrero is forced to roll through. Chavo rolls back up onto his feet and as he is already running in that direction, he uses his momentum to climb the opposite corner. He climbs to the top and it about to turn around, but then Cabana gets behind him and lifts him into back suplex position. He is about to drop Chavo, but then the move is suddenly reversed into a tornado DDT by Chavo. Guerrero gets up and then tags in Bam Neely.

Neely rushes in and moves in on Cabana, booting him in the chest with his left foot. He then hits a falling elbow drop, before getting up and hitting another one. He then proceeds to get up and hit two more. He then goes for a fifth one, but this one is preceded with various taunts, and when he completes it he stays in the cover. 1.....2..... Cabana kicks out at two. Neely picks him up and does a full rotation, before hitting a sidewalk slam. He then leaves Colt lying on the canvas in pain, before hitting a running leg drop on him. He picks Cabana up, and Irish whips him into the ropes. Cabana runs back and ducks under Neely who is going for a lariat, before rebounding off the opposite ropes. Cabana runs back again, and stretches his arm out for a lariat, but Bam Neely grabs it and twists Cabana into a full nelson.

Neely keeps the full nelson locked in and shakes Cabana around to make him lose energy. Neely goes for the Full Nelson Bam, but Cabana does not allow the move to happen, and kicks his leg back into Bam’s abdomen to make him break the submission. Cabana stretches his arms and groggily turns around, right into a Running Big Boot from big Bam Neely! Neely covers, 1.....2..... Kick out! Neely looks disappointed and goes to tag in his partner. Chavo comes in and goes right at Cabana, hitting a knee thrust to his chest. He then lifts Colt off the floor by his collar, before violently slamming him back down again, leaving his head to bounce of the canvas like a basketball. Chavo then chokes out Cabana, forcing the ref to count this illegal maneuver. 1...2...3... Chavo releases and gets up, before delivering another boot to Cabana’s throat. Chavo then walks casually up to the top rope. He then beats his chest and flails his arm before jumping for the Frog Splash. He is about to make impact but then Cabana manages to roll out of the way and tag in Kazarian.

Kazarian enters the match like a man possessed and kicks Chavo, who is recovering from the missed aerial maneuver, in the stomach. He sees Bam running in to the match but takes him out with a dropkick. Kaz gets back up and picks up Chavo as well, before hitting the Flux Capacitor! He then tags in Colt Cabana and points to the top rope. Colt gets up and then Kaz picks up Chavo. Kazarian goes for the Wave of the Future, but then on the top rope, Cabana is knocked down by Bam Neely. Kazarian approaches the corner, but then Bam Neely, who is on the apron, catches him with a punch to the face. Kazarian staggers back and it is revealed that Bam is wearing brass knuckles, which he quickly stashes away in his tights. Chavo then manages to roll up Kaz with a handful of tights. 1.....2.....3 Chavo and Bam win!

WINNERS- Chavo Guerrero +Bam Neely by PINFALL in 15:47

Styles- Brass Knuckles? This is awful; I hate it when people use these dirty tactics.
Tazz- Why? What’s wrong with people taking advantage of people to get the win?
Styles- It’s just wrong, damn it!

Matt Hardy is backstage for an interview with Todd Grisham.

Grisham- Matt, tonight you have the opportunity to get a chance at the title you never rightfully lost.

Hardy- That’s right. I never truly lost that ECW Championship and it crushed me inside. That injury may have been the single most disappointing thing that happened in my life. I lost all my momentum and all my glory on the day I had to hand the title in to Teddy Long. From that day I have still not been able to get up from the slump I found myself in, but today I have my chance. I am going to utilize that chance completely and win.

Grisham- What are your thoughts on the current champion RVD?

Hardy- I can honestly say that after I had to relinquish my title, I don’t think there would have been a more fitting person on ECW to be the next champion than Rob Van Dam. This man emphasizes all that ECW is, and he is doing the brand good. However, after I win tonight, I will beat him as well and take the title that never should have left me.

Grisham- And what do you have to say to Sabu for your match up next?

Hardy- I don’t really have that much to say apart from this. Sabu, remember these words: I will not die, and tonight, I will not lose.

Grisham- Strong words there from a determined superstar.

Hardy turns to walk away but suddenly from off camera a chair is thrown at him. It misses and hits the wall next to him, leaving both Hardy and Todd puzzled.

Styles- I think Sabu was trying to start the fight before he started the match right there.
Tazz- Both of the wrestlers in our main event seem really pumped, I just don’t know who will win.
Styles- All I know is that it will be a hell of a contest, and it will happen right after the break.

***COMMERCIAL***

MATCH 5
Number One Contender to the ECW Championship
Sabu v Matt Hardy
(Single)

The two men vying for number one contendership lock up and Matt takes Sabu down with a side headlock. He pulls on Sabu’s neck, but Sabu twists himself out of the hold. Hardy then goes to reapply the submission but Sabu counters with an elbow strike to the back of Hardy’s head. Sabu then Irish whips Matt but turns it into a drop toe hold, thereby planting Hardy face first on the canvas. Sabu then stands over Hardy and goes to lock in a camel clutch, but Hardy rolls onto his stomach and pushes Sabu away. Matt then gets up and hits a hard right hand, with a 360 degree spin added before it for momentum. He applies another side headlock, this time following it through with a snapmare. He keeps applying the hold to Sabu, who is now seated, and then let’s go, before delivering a dropkick to the centre of Sabu’s back.

Hardy then gets Sabu back in the seated position, before pressing his knee into his spine and pulling his arms backwards. Sabu screams at the vast pain his chest and back are experiencing, and tries to shake himself free, but he can not do so, being the smaller man. Hardy then wrenches even harder, before moving his knee away and pulling Sabu’s arms, making him slam back first into the canvas. Hardy goes for a cover but Sabu immediately kicks out before the referee can even start counting. Hardy then picks him up and goes to clothesline him back down, but Sabu ducks. Sabu then goes to Irish whip Hardy but Matt uses his superior strength to pull Sabu through, right into the corner. He then runs towards the turnbuckle and hits a clothesline, before turning around and hitting a running clutch bulldog on Sabu.

Hardy then goes to the top rope and stands up facing the crowd, who go wild at the possibility of a moonsault. Hardy is about to jump for the Backflip, but then Sabu comes up behind him and hits a forearm to the back, making him slip down. Hardy ends up seated on the corner and Sabu punches him in the back again, before pulling him down into the tree of woe position. Sabu then lands a few more punches to the defenseless Hardy, and then a low boot to his open face and chest. Sabu then walks back towards the opposite corner, before running back and hitting a low dropkick to the face of Hardy, who can not stop the blow. The impact of this move sends Hardy sinking to the floor, where he lays slumped on his stomach.

Sabu then stands over him again and goes for a camel clutch, this time successfully locking in the submission. Sabu hooks Matt’s arms behind his legs as well to increase the pressure. He screams ‘tap out’ to Hardy while pulling even harder on his chin, putting an enormous strain on his neck and chest. The man that will not die then suddenly finds some life in him, shaking his arms and trying to break the hold. The crowd gets behind him and claps for him to get up, but then Sabu ruins this attempted comeback by slamming Hardy’s face forward in the ground. Having broken the hold, Sabu goes to cover Matt. 1.....2..... Hardy gets his foot on the rope. The referee sees this and Sabu does not know why the count was stopped. He gets up and is about to take a swing at the ref, but then he stops as the referee explains what just happened.

Sabu is furious at what he has found out and turns around, right into a punch to the gut from Hardy. Hardy connects with another punch to the stomach, and gets to his knees. Sabu goes to kick him down but Matt takes him down with a leg drag. Matt gets to his feet now and rebounds off the ropes, taking the recovering Sabu down with a clothesline. Sabu gets back up and walks right into a hard right hand. Hardy Irish whips him into the ropes but bouncing back, Sabu ducks a clothesline. Sabu rebounds off the opposite ropes and goes for a clothesline of his own but Hardy ducks under his arm, before hooking it and hitting the Side Effect! Hardy covers, 1.....2..... No, kick out!

Now Hardy goes to the top rope and waits until Sabu is almost on his feet. He then does the V1 taunt before screaming ‘Aaah’ and coming down with an elbow to the back of the head. Sabu rolls out of the ring after taking the move, wanting no more punishment from Hardy. As Sabu recovers on the outside of the ring, Matt goes to the edge of the ropes. The crowd gets on their feet to then watch Hardy springboard himself off the top rope, only for Sabu to dodge the incoming crossbody. Hardy crashes onto the floor below, obviously in pain. Sabu then picks him up and backs him into the ring apron, before rolling him into the ring. From the outside, Sabu climbs on the apron and goes straight to the top rope. He then jumps and hits the Arabian Facecrusher, brutalizing Hardy with the vicious leg drop to the back of the head. We then see Rob Van Dam step out on the apron to view what looks like it will be a victory for the man that betrayed him. Sabu then turns Matt over and covers him, revealing that Hardy’s nose is bloody. 1.....2.....3 Sabu is the new number one contender. The show ends with him staring down RVD on the ramp.

WINNER- Sabu by PINFALL in 12:03

Tazz- So it’s official. Sabu will take on Rob Van Dam for the ECW Championship. I knew this would happen from the beginning.
Styles- So there is no stopping this match now? Oh well, I can still hope that RVD keeps his title away from that slimy dog Sabu.
Tazz- Nevertheless, now that we know what match will be happening, tune in next week to see what will happen until we get to that epic encounter!

Evil Austin

Best Match -- I actually liked the tag team match between Cabana, Kazarian versus; Bam Neely and Chavo. I thought everyone got their good ammount of offense in and neither man came out of the match the loser. It was a great contest as was the Main Event. Though that match was my favorite of the night. I just hope you pust Cabana sometime. :p

Worst Match -- I would have to say the divas match, though I was thinking of putting in here the Guido and Van Dam match too. I mean you could have put so much more between those guys. Though it seems you aren't making Nunzio :shifty: a jobber. Good for him. Though those were the weakest matches of the night.

Best Promo -- MizMorrison promo before their match which later on inlcuded the other men in the 8 man tag team contest. That promo was very nicely done. Everyone had their respective moments on the mic and they each said their catchphrases. I really like were you are pushing Miz and Morrison recently and hopefuly they get themselves pushed up onto Raw or Smackdown. But about the promo it was very good and everyone was in character.

Worst Promo -- None, all served a purpose. Some were longer and written better back and forth talking then others though none were time wasters and just fillers. Each had their reason for being there and your Promo's were great in that sense. Though I do think there was no need for a Second Hardy promo, ? Two Hardy's in one night. A bit much :shifty: That's way more V1 that we can handle.

Additional Comments -- It was a very good show, no show is perfect. As some matches were better then others and some promos were better then others though I can say without hessitation your ECW's are the most funnest ECW show around that I have read. Ill drop a review next week too.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
seX Power's EC Dub Review

Best Match: I would go with the main event. I love the Hardcore style as you may or may not know so I would have liked to have seen an Extreme Rules match with some weapons involved, but thats no biggy :p. Sabu and Hardy are two of my favourite workers, Matt especially. After the events of last week, Sabu was the obvious victor here, and the right choice. The tag match was also very good, with three very good workers... and Bam Neely.

Worst Match: Due to me having not much if any interest in the Women's Division IRL, I didn't really like the Womens match, as I do not really feel it as much as I do the others. Sorry.

Best Promo: MIZORRISON~! Liked this promo very much, due to them reeking of awesomeness in real life (oops, that's E and C, my bad). Good promo and hopefully an introduction of the ECW Tag Team Championships in the near future, as you showed in heir match later on that there are various teams that can carry the division, but Mizorrison rule all. Eveyone should Be Jealous of them tbh.

Worst Promo: As the Ninja dude said on top of me, all promo's told a good story and had good purpose, and none were particularly 'bad'. Good work.

Additional Comments: I think it is my first time reviewing, and it was a good show Brandon. RVD vs. Sabu is looking like the shit, and hopefully you turn Sabu into a Hardcore freak. Should be a good feud which culminates into an Extreme match at a PPV, which I am looking forward to. You have some really good stuff going on, keep it up. Oh and BTW, push Mizorrison to the moon.

CT Styles

Best Match: The Main Event I liked the most, it was an enjoyable read and I was personally going for Matt Hardy but Sabu got the win. Not much I can recommend for improvement as it was a TV Main Event.

Worst Match: The weakest match was probably the women's match although it kept Hemme's streak alive so maybe the opener but I enjoyed reading it more.

Best Promo: Possibly the set up for the Main Event although I didn't like some of the promos.

Worst Promo: The RVD opener and the Guerrero/Kaz one. I thought they were way too generic, RVD's I thought was pathetic. 'Can't we just be friends?'. Come on. The Guerrero one was just the typical I deserve your title.. don't disrespect me.. blah blah blah.

Additional Comments: Improvement needed on promos and possibly matches. I think I've said all that needs to be said.

Qwake

BM: Good main event and Matt Hardy Vs Sabu would be a good match to watch in real life. It was outstanding or anything but it was good for an ECW Main Event and I had a feeling Sabu would get the win after what went down earlier in the show. Some good spots in the match and this helps out Sabu/RVD feud. Also, Neely/Chavo Vs Kaz/Colt was quite good although it shouldn't have went longer then the main event imo. Still decent match though.

WM: Not sure, I didn't enjoy the womens match but as CT said it keeps Hemmes winning streak alive. The opener was obvious as to who would win and I really didn't like the DQ ending, I dont see why you had Sabu interupt and attack when you could have had the Champ RVD get a good clean win putting him over and then being attacked. Bad move imo, though I am suprised Guido lasted so long, that was good. Those were the worst, not sure which was thee worst though.

BP: Teddy Long and Matt Hardy. Both men were quite in character, there were times when it slowly started to slip but for the most part it was good and gave us a good main event. The Matt Hardy interview was also alright, good and hyped the Main Event a little although the ending to it was strange with the throwing of the chair, would Hardy have seen him or done something about? I dunno, those were the best of the show anyways.

WP: This was the downfall of the show. Each promo I felt had a little potential but throughout them they got a little out of character or boring/generic. RVDs opening was bland and he came off as a pretty bad champion, teh Miz and Morrison promo started with them well, they were in great character and made me laugh a little but once the others came out it went down. The promo got a little boring and old with Dreamer and Sandman but when Henry and Steen came out it got a little better but went down again. They hit their finished on the stage and then they go into a long match, thats what I didn't like, they would have been half dead after a piledriver on the stage but they then went into a long match. started well ended badly even though the match was alright. Alot were out of character so maybe just try to work on that.

AC: Alright show, the feuds are going well I feel and even though this is ECW it could still be better. The matches were quite good, the promos were quite bad, they all had some alright points but the character is what you need to work on. I myself still need to get better with promos but you will get better over time, other then that the show was decent. Ill try to get a couple more reviews in sometime, feel free to check out IPW if you want.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Best Match: The 8 man tag team match is one hell of a match. Full of action and you managed to get all 8 men in the spotlight. This is really a chaotic match but you made it not turn to a cf.

Worst Match: I am gonna go with the women's match

Best Promo: The Miz and Morrison one I think is really the best promo of the night and it will be more awesome if you didn't let the guys from the bowling alley talk :p

Worst Promo: Most of the promos have the purpose but I feel that you made RVD a weak champ in the opening promo but the other lines tried to put him back to the spot after saying sorry lol...

Additional Feedback: This is my second read in your BTB and I really liked how's going to your storylines and feuds but I think I should watch more on the Sabu/RVD one. I'll try to check out your next show.

seX-Power

Smackdown Week 2 Preview

The tournament for the WWE Championship continues and the two remaining first round matches on Smackdown are still unknown. Triple H and MVP have already advanced, beating the Big Show and R-Truth respectively, meaning they will face off next week. For tonight’s matches, only one participant has been decided so far, by Vickie Guerrero on WWE.com. That man is Jeff Hardy, and he will be looking for a big win tonight. What is really special is that Vickie has allowed Jeff to choose himself who his opponent will be. His decision will be made tonight on Smackdown.

The United States Championship will be defended tonight, in an eight man gauntlet. The rules of this match are that two men start in the ring, and at 5 minute intervals, two more men enter into the fray. However, it is every man for himself and the two men entering at the same time are not in a team of any form. Eliminations can be made by pinfall or submission, and the last man standing is the winner and new champion. It’s that simple!

Participating in this match will be eight superstars with varying styles. Obviously, R-Truth is the defending champion and therefore he is in the match to try and retain his title. Also, there is Mr Kennedy who scored the pin in a tag team match last Smackdown, giving him momentum. He is also a former champion, and is used to seeing gold around his waist. There is also Jimmy Wang Yang, who is looking for his first championship in the WWE. There’s Lance Rock, who is making his WWE debut in this match. He will look to make an immediate impact, and just may do that by capturing the United States Championship. Then there is Gregory Helms, who is looking to bounce back after a loss last week on ECW in the fatal four way match. There is Carlito, who has been recently under the radar and is looking to become the star he once was. There is then the Moscow Mauler, Vladimir Kozlov who lost his nine month long losing streak against the returning Christian Cage, and has not won a match since. Finally there is the former champion, Shelton Benjamin who has been on a roll recently, a roll of losses. He is looking to get back up there and establish himself once again as a formidable superstar. Which of these talented men will win? Watch to find out!

Last week the Latin American Xchange became number one contenders to the WWE tag team titles, held by the Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel. At Backlash these two teams will meet for the titles but tonight there will be a preview of that match with Kendrick taking on Homicide. These cruiserweights will tangle in a match that may dictate what happens in their title match. Who will prevail and gain momentum for their team?

Divas champion Torrie Wilson is also in action as she will take on Victoria in a non title match. Fellow diva Natalya will also be watching this match to see how Torrie goes. Word has been spread that Natalya had been looking to challenge Torrie for the championship in the near future. This was confirmed in an exclusive WWE.com article in which Natalya made her challenge. Tune in to Smackdown to see if Wilson accepts it.

Announced Matches
Shelton Benjamin v Carlito v Vladimir Kozlov v Gregory Helms v Lance Rock v Mr Kennedy v Jimmy Wang Yang v R-Truth

??? v Jeff Hardy

The Brian Kendrick v Homicide

Victoria v Torrie Wilson

Evil Austin

Shelton Benjamin v Carlito v Vladimir Kozlov v Gregory Helms v Lance Rock v Mr Kennedy v Jimmy Wang Yang v R-Truth
??? v Jeff Hardy - There is probably a reason why you kept it secret maybe you are debuting someone?
Victoria v Torrie Wilson

Quintastic One

Reaction score

Call it a hunch, but this is what I would pretty much do.

Jeff Hardy Vs. ????

I'm gonna still say Hardy, because its just too predictable on a booking stand point that the mystery opponent always wins.

The Brian Kendrick Vs. Homicide

Should definitely be the match of the night, knowing what these two can do.

Victoria v Torrie Wilson

This can go many ways, either Natayla interferes and causes a loss to Victoria, or I go with my pick, where Torrie gets an impressively hard fought victory, and possibly gets beat down post match or just impressively stares down Natayla.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Announced Matches
Please... PLEASE!

??? v Jeff Hardy
Really 50/50 on this one, but since you said on MSN that Jeff is your favourite right now, I will go with Jeff.

TBK FTW TBH (A lot of acronyms, I know :p)

Victoria v Torrie Wilson
Meh, don't care tbfh.

Looks like a good show Brandon AKA seX, will review it, if you review mine of course. Can't wait to see who the mystery man is :p.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
ECW Week 2 Review

Preshow- Ortiz should not have won that battle royale.

RVD promo- This was a very good promo. It draws upon their past which I liked.

Guido vs. RVD- This was a good back and forth match. It wasn't as much of a squash as I expected. The ending was good up until Sabu grabbed the mic. Sabu doesn't talk and he shouldn't ever talk. IMO him talking breaks character completly.

Whole lotta peeps promo- This was really good. You were spot on with Miz and Morrison. Promo of the Night. This was a nice set up for the eight man tag.

Eight Man Tag- As it was said at the end this was a chaotic match. I'm not a big fan of the ref bumps, but it was okay here. Nothing to complain about in this match.

Long/Hardy promo- This made me LOL when Long saw RVD getting attacked. Long had just given Sabu a title shot for attacking RVD and now he does it again and he takes it away. It doesn't really make sence.

Women's Match- This was a squash. Plain and simple.

Chavo/Bam/Kaz/Colt promo- Not bad. You can make odd Colt promos at their best.

Chavo/Bam vs. Kaz/Colt- The match itself was good, but I've noticed that this has been the third non-clean ending to a match tonight. That's something that you might want to work on.

Hardy promo- Not bad, it was a basic Hardy promo, in character all the way through.

Main Event- This was a really good one-on-one match. Once again, Sabu talked in this match, but I already talked about this. Match of the Night.

AC- There were a couple things that I disliked, but I've already brought them up. Other than those things this was a great show.

If you get a chance drop a review for POI.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Rob Van Dam: Ugh, this didn't feel to much like RVD. I mean yes, Rob would apoligize, and what not, but it just wasn't worded to the aspect of Rob imo. Maybe it was, but I just don't really care for Van Dam.

RVD vs. Lil' Guido: Well, the match itself, was alright. After, why the hell would Rob jump at Sabu? I mean yes, Sabu does seem hostile coming down with a chair, but he can be there to take out Rob's opponent? No? Oh well. Sabu on the mic again? Unrealistic, really.

Miz, and Morrison: Whoa, you just wrote yourself in my book, as a good promo writer. I really enjoyed this, and Miz, and Morrison's transaction with everyone, including themselves was awesome. Very in character. Henry on the mic, is something I hate, hence putting Atlas as his mouth piece. Even still, I didn't mind it. The queer's reference was pretty unrealistic, as WWE would get a lot of heat for that in real life. Its offensive to the actual homosexuals that exist.

Eight Man Tag Match: Besides the choppy ending, I think this was match of the night. I don't like the faces having a dirty win, but they are the extreme faces so its not such a bad thing.

Hardy, and Long: Matt Hardy showed a tweener side here, as he bashed Sabu. Didn't like that to much, but like I always say, its whatever. Hardy v. Sabu can be good. Sabu, beating RVD again? Wow.

Bam Neely, and Swallow Gurrero: I'm sorry, but I marked when I read the first line. I've never seen a new Gurrerro promo, but if he say's "Escuche". I'll watch one just for that. The promo was pretty good, and Kazarian, and Colt was also a good inclusion.

Bam Neely, and Swallow versus Kazarian, and Colt: Good match. I really enjoyed the action in it, and it flowed pretty nicely. The chemistry with Colt Cabbanna, and his opponents was good. The ending would piss anyone off really. I expected a clean win, but that wasn't the case. :(

Matt Hardy, and Toddy: Good interview, and Hardy's really banking on the "I never actually lost my belt" thing. The chair thing was hard to picture really, but for some reason it sounded hilarious to me.

Main Event: Good match, and even though Sabu is a pain to write in non-extreme matches. You did it fairly well. Matt Hardy lost way to easily imo, and he should've took much more damage near the end, to be downed. So much for utilizing a chance? Another thing. WTF, at RVD coming out? He's been beaten, not once, but twice in one night. Yet, he has the ability to come out, and watch Sabu's match? Hmm.

Adittional Comments: I'm loving your shows seX. Nice, well written, short reads. Notice I didn't review the diva match, because I didn't read it. Sorry. I'll drop predictions later though. I have to get off the laptop now, so I'll try to add this to my BTB's to review list.

seX-Power

Velocity Results

MATCH 1
Ezekiel def. James Curtis
(Single)

MATCH 2
Umaga +Big Daddy V def. Stevie Richards +Shannon Moore
(Tag Team)

MATCH 3
Michelle McCool def. Maryse
(Single)

MATCH 4
Festus def. TJ Wilson & Zack Ryder
(Triple Threat)

Smackdown Week 2

JR- Welcome one and all, to Friday Night Smackdown!
Foley- We have a damn huge show tonight, and the WWE Championship tournament continues!
JR- And we can introduce a man who will be fighting in that tournament tonight, Jeff Hardy!

Jeff Hardy walks down to the ring.

Hardy- I think that y’all know why I am here. The general manager of Smackdown Vickie Guerrero has put me into the tournament for the WWE Championship. Even better is that she has let me choose my opponent to face in the first round. Now I could take the easy option and take on somebody smaller than me, or somebody weaker than me. I could even choose to face somebody who has just had a match. Hell, if I was that sick I could even take on a diva. But that's not my way, that’s not the Jeff Hardy way. And, well, I really don’t know who to choose. I can’t think of anyone deserving enough to be in this kind of match. So I’m going to let Smackdown decide. Whoever thinks that they deserve a spot in this tournament, come out here now and I’ll decide whether you are worthy.

The Great Khali’s music plays and he walks menacingly down the ramp.

JR- This monster is answering the challenge?

Khali- I want match.

Hardy- You want a match? Why would you give you a match against me after you tried to ambush me last week?

Khali- I crush you.

Hardy- Well isn’t somebody confident? Tell you what; just to prove you wrong you can have your match against me. You probably planned this out after your attack last week didn’t you? Well that attempted sneak attack failed and I Twist of Fated you out of this world. And that’s gonna happen again tonight so get ready.

Khali- You have no chance.

Hardy- We’ll see in our match tonight. You, me, the WWE Championship tournament… it’s on!

Khali smiles and walks back up the ramp as Jeff Hardy stays in the ring. He is about to leave but then Vickie Guerrero is wheeled out on the stage.

JR- We have Hardy v Khali for later tonight but what does the general manager want now?

Vickie- Excuse me Jeff, can I have a word? I see that you have found yourself an opponent for your WWE Championship Tournament match tonight. But there is one thing I forgot to tell you. If you want to win, then you must beat the Great Khali in less than 5 minutes, otherwise you automatically lose. All Khali has to do to progress in the tournament is withstand you for that amount of time. That is all, Jeff.

Vickie wheels herself back into backstage before Jeff can even reply. The show cuts to commercial with Jeff looking frustrated in the ring’s centre.

Foley- I highly doubt Jeff can beat the Great Khali in five minutes.
JR- Since when were you so negative, Mick?
Foley- I’m just realistic, JR.
JR- Anyway, up next we have an 8 man gauntlet match for the United States Championship!

***COMMERCIAL***

MATCH 1
United States Championship
R-Truth © v Shelton Benjamin v Carlito v Vladimir Kozlov v Gregory Helms v Lance Rock v Mr Kennedy v Jimmy Wang Yang
(8 Man Gauntlet)

Entrants #1- Lance Rock/Vladimir Kozlov
Lance Rock and Vladimir Kozlov begin in the ring together. They lock up and the clock starts the five minute countdown. Kozlov pushes Lance away but is then taken off his feet with a big boot. Rock then quickly hits a leg drop on Kozlov before getting back up and dropping another leg on the Russian. Rock then grabs the legs of Kozlov and nails him with a perfect alleyoop. Rock picks Kozlov up and hits a European uppercut, making Vladimir fall back. He goes for another but Kozlov blocks his arm and nails a headbutt to the sternum. Lance falls back, temporarily winded and Kozlov runs for the Battering Ram. He goes for the huge headbutt but then Rock sidesteps, before picking him up into the fireman’s carry position.

He goes for the Texas Tornado Slam but Kozlov puts him in a headlock and shifts his weight so that Lance falls backwards. Kozlov falls onto his feet and keeps his arm firmly around Rock’s neck, getting him in reverse DDT position for the Russian T. Rock wriggles around and tries to fight back, so Kozlov solves this by dropping Lance’s body down onto his knees. He then lifts him back up and is about to go for the Russian T, but then Rock twists himself around back onto a standing base. He then twists Kozlov around into a reverse DDT position before bringing him down onto one knee; much like Kozlov did to him. However Rock then lets go of Kozlov and pushes him forward, before ducking under him and lifting him up into electric chair position. He then falls back while executing a complete 360 degrees spin, hitting the Texas Tornado Bomb. He then covers as the buzzer sounds and Carlito and Gregory Helms begin to walk to the ring. 1.....2.....3

Elimination #1- Vladimir Kozlov

Entrants #2- Carlito/Gregory Helms

Kozlov is eliminated but as Lance starts celebrating he is floored by a dropkick from Carlito. Rock falls to his knees and is immediately hit with a Shining Wizard from Helms, who falls straight into the cover. 1.....2..... Rock kicks out, but then takes a boot to the face from Carlito. He and Helms take turns at stomping on the downed Lance Rock before they hit a double knees drop. They pick him up together and communicate with each other, with Carlito asking Helms to hold Rock up for the Backstabber. Helms nods in agreement and puts Rock in a standing straight jacket position, so he won’t be able to stop the Backstabber. Carlito jumps with his knees up, but before he can execute the move, Helms takes Rock down with a cutter. This causes Carlito to fall back first onto the ground. Helms then goes up to the top rope and as Carlito gets up he hits him with a jumping front elbow right to the spinal cord.

Lance Rock is also showing a sign of recovering so Helms catches him with an elevated dropkick to the face before focusing back on and covering Carlito. 1.....2..... Carlito rolls the pin around so Helms’ shoulders are down, 1.....2..... Gregory kicks out and gets back up, panting. He hits a forceful kick right to the jaw of Carlito before pacing back, measuring his man for the Shining Wizard, looking to finish him off. He waits for him to get in optimal position and is about to start running but then Rock knocks him down from behind with a big boot to the back of the head. He then walks over to Carlito and hits a side slam on the Caribbean superstar. Rock celebrates in the ring as the buzzer sounds again and Jimmy Wang Yang walks down to the ring, accompanied by Mr Kennedy.

Entrants #3- Jimmy Wang Yang/Mr Kennedy

Kennedy immediately runs straight into the ring, targeting Helms and hitting him with a Lou Thesz press, before shaking him with punches from both fists. Yang then gets up on the apron, before hitting a springboard dropkick to Carlito, who ducks, meaning the Yang hits Lance Rock instead. Jimmy gets up, shocked, but then the sneaky Carlito gets up behind him and hits him with the backstabber. He covers, 1..... Carlito puts his feet on the ropes, 2.....3

Elimination #2- Jimmy Wang Yang

Wang Yang is eliminated after such a short time in the match. Kennedy is still beating down on Helms, and he Irish whips him into Carlito, who responds by hitting Gregory with a spinning neckbreaker. Carlito then covers Helms, 1.....2..... Kick out! Carlito gets up, but then turns right into a big lariat from Rock. Kennedy and Rock then team up to hit a double clothesline on Carlito followed by picking him up and using their combined effort to bodyslam him right on top of Helms. Rock then bends over to get to Helms, but Kennedy hits him with a punch to the kidneys. Lance turns around and stares down Kennedy, who responds to this with a kick to the midsection. He goes for another, but Rock grabs his foot. Kennedy then counters this by flipping around and hitting the spinning dragon! Kennedy gets back up but then so does Carlito. The two lock up in the centre of the ring and Kennedy applies an inverted chinlock. Carlito tries to fight out of the move and punches Kennedy over his shoulder, before spinning himself back around completely. He then hits a modified neckbreaker on Kennedy before going over to Rock, who is getting up.

Carlito kicks Lance in the chest and knees him in the shoulder, forcing him back to the ground. He then turns around to see Helms charging at him and quickly reacts, hip tossing him across the ring right onto Rock. Helms gets up rubbing his back and this time sees Carlito running at him. He ducks the attack and then goes for a lariat, but Lance, who is still under him, grabs his foot and causes him to fall to the ground. As Helms gets back to his feet, Carlito gets up behind him and goes for the Backstabber, but Helms turns around and pushes him away and onto the ground. Gregory turns back around but then he is met by Mr Kennedy, who quickly hits him with the Mic Check! Kennedy drops into the cover, 1.....2.....3 Gregory Helms is eliminated as the final bell sounds for the remaining participants.

Elimination #3- Gregory Helms

Entrants #4- Shelton Benjamin/R-Truth

Shelton Benjamin and R-Truth walk down to the ring but on the way, Shelton turns to Truth and pushes him into the barricade. Shelton unloads with kicks and knees and then leaves Truth there sprawling on the side of the ramp. He then steps back before picking Truth up and powerbombing him right into, and through the aforementioned barricade, breaking it. There are no disqualifications or countouts for wrestlers until they enter the ring, so this is perfectly legal. Benjamin walks up to the ring, leaving Truth sprawled out on the side of the ramp. He jumps in and immediately goes over to Kennedy, who is double teaming Carlito along with Lance Rock. Shelton hits him with a clothesline, and when Rock turns to him he is nailed with a superkick, causing Lance to fall to the ground clutching his jaw. Shelton starts unloading on Kennedy with more punches as Carlito squirms over to Rock and makes the cover. 1..... He grabs a handful of tights out of the view of the ref, 2..... Rock rolls through with the cover into a pin of his own. 1.....2.....3 Carlito is eliminated.

Elimination #4- Carlito

Carlito is furious at this and gets up in a fit of rage. He waits for lance to get up before hitting him with a huge Backstabber. Carlito then dropkicks Kennedy in the back, before leaving angrily. Shelton then takes advantage, and picks up the scraps, pinning Rock. 1.....2.....3 Lance is eliminated and only three men remain.

Elimination #5- Lance Rock

Shelton celebrates with a cocky smile and walks back over to where Kennedy is attempting to get up. He bends over to pick him up but then instead takes a boot to the chin. Kennedy gets to his knees and punches Shelton in the gut, causing him to double over. He then gets to a complete stand before dropkicking Benjamin in the knees, causing him to fall over. Kennedy then kicks him in the side before going to the top rope. He is not quick enough though, as when he gets to the top, Shelton is already on his feet. Shelton walks over to the corner and then leaps to the top with one colossal jump, to the astonishment of Kennedy. Shelton goes for a left hander but it is blocked. Kennedy goes for a punch of his own, but Shelton bats it out of the way. The two trade punches on the top rope, before Kennedy gets the upper hand and pushes Shelton down to the floor, where he dizzily lands on his feet. Shelton again tries to jump to the top, but this time stumbles in the leap, allowing Kennedy to pick him up into a fireman’s carry position.

Kennedy sets up for the Green Bay Plunge but Shelton frees himself, and pulls himself back down to the top rope. He tries to pick Kennedy up and go for a Superplex but Kennedy instead throws Shelton down to the canvas. He falls to the ground and Kennedy attempts to make use of the situation. He jumps for the Kenton bomb but Benjamin moves as he hits the floor and Kennedy crashes and burns. Shelton then picks him up and goes for the T-Bone Suplex but R-Truth gets on the apron out of nowhere. Benjamin responds to this by Irish whipping Kennedy into him, knocking him back down to the floor. Kennedy rebounds back from the collision and Shelton capitalizes with the Paydirt! He covers, 1.....2.....3

Elimination #6- Mr Kennedy

Shelton and R-Truth are the only competitors left in the match and Shelton seems to be in a much better state. He slips out of the ring and meets Truth, clotheslining him to the ground. Shelton then picks him up and goes for another powerbomb. The referee is counting, 1…2…3…4…He gets Truth onto his shoulders and plants him with a powerbomb, sending Truth back first into the ring apron, causing Truth to shout in pain. 5…6…7… Shelton shakes it off and throws him into the ring. 8… He gets up on the apron and then hits a springboard double leg drop on the wounded Truth. He covers, 1.....2..... No, R-Truth gets his hand on the bottom rope! Shelton picks him up and laughs in his face, before whipping him into the corner. Shelton runs for a splash, but Truth gets his boots up and kicks Shelton in the head. Shelton runs again, this time for a spear, but Truth leapfrogs over him and Shelton runs shoulder first into the corner.

Benjamin pulls himself away from the ringpost and clutches his shoulder as Truth hits a high angle twisting dropkick to his face. Shelton falls back as Truth hits him with a leaping elbow to the back of the neck. As Shelton gets back up, Truth catches him with a snapmare. While Benjamin is in the seated position, Truth rebounds off the ropes and hits a leg lariat. He picks Benjamin up and forces him down to his knees with a jawbreaker. Benjamin bends over in pain as Truth goes to spring off the ropes and hit the Scissor Spin. He rebounds but running back towards Shelton, Benjamin recovers and runs towards Truth, before turning him inside out with a massive lariat. Truth falls almost incapacitated to the ground as Shelton picks him up and puts him powerbomb position. He lifts him onto his shoulders and then turns to the corner, intending to powerbomb Truth into the turnbuckle. He lifts him off his shoulders and is about to plant him down, but then Truth counters by pulling himself down and catching Shelton is a victory roll! 1.....2.....3 R-Truth retains and quickly rolls out of the ring, celebrating with his title.

Elimination #7- Shelton Benjamin

WINNER- R-Truth by PINFALL in 25:45

JR- The champion retains! The champion retains!
Foley- And in one of the best matches I’ve ever seen here on Smackdown.

R-Truth celebrates and takes a microphone.

Truth- What’s up?

The crowd answers him but as he turn to leave he is met by Shelton who hits him with a Paydirt on the floor on the outside. Shelton grabs the microphone.

Shelton- That’s what’s up.

He hits Truth in the forehead with the mic before smiling and walking up the ramp.

JR- That attack was despicable!
Foley- You can’t blame Shelton for being pissed, he just wants retribution, and most likely another shot at Truth’s title.

***COMMERCIAL***

The Brian Kendrick’s music and he walks down to the ring, accompanied by Ezekiel.

JR- Oh no, I can’t stand listening to this egotistical-
Foley- Respect the Kendrick, JR. He’s one half of our tag team champions!

Kendrick- Please, please-

Ezekiel- Shut your mouths and listen, fools!

Kendrick- Thanks, Zeke. Now, I just want to hammer a thought in to your little brains. At Backlash, me and my man Zeke will successfully retain the WWE Tag Team Championships and will walk out of there the greatest champions of all time! And if you don’t believe us, then Ezekiel here will sort you out.

Ezekiel- And you don’t want that to happen.

Kendrick- No you don’t. But sadly... or... not so sadly, the LAX will find out how it feels like. And they don’t even have to wait until Backlash, because I am facing Homicide tonight and come on people, this isn’t the hood, nobody’s pimpin’, he has no chance. And if his big buddy Hernandez wants to maybe interfere in the match, my man will mess him up!

Ezekiel- I’ll mess him up bad!

Kendrick- And my man will stop at nothing to make sure I get the win tonight. And at Backlash, we as a team will stop at absolutely nothing to win, and keep the titles we defend so... honourably. Homicide, you are the next stop on our train of success. And we are not derailing anytime soon... thanks to this train of a man!

Ezekiel- Damn right! Let’s get this started.

JR- Ezekiel is a dominant behemoth, that’s for sure.
Foley- I have a feeling that he will be what might just push this match in Kendrick’s favour.
JR- Don’t discount Homicide though, he is one tough competitor!

Homicide’s music plays and he walks down the ring, accompanied by his tag team partner, Hernandez.

MATCH 2
(Single)

Homicide goes to lock up with Kendrick but Brian steps away before taunting Homicide with his signature dance. Homicide tries to respond to this by spitting in Kendrick’s face but Brian slaps him inconsiderately across the face before he has a chance. Kendrick dances again before knocking Homicide down with a dropkick to the face. Kendrick then picks up Homicide and gets back to back with him, before delivering a Hangman’s facebreaker, driving Homicide’s face into his knee. Kendrick then puts him in a seated chinlock. Homicide struggles within the hold as Kendrick wrenches his chin back. Brian then, while still applying the hold, delivers three close right hands to the side of Homicide’s head. He then releases the submission completely before going to the second rope and hitting a diving double foot stomp.

Kendrick picks Homicide up and hits a diving facebreaker knee smash, before kicking his limp body onto it’s stomach. Kendrick then goes over to Homicide and presses his knee into the back of his head, rubbing his nose into the canvas. The referee orders him to get off but Kendrick waits until he counts to three, before finally letting go. Brian then taunts Homicide again with the dancing, before stomping one last time on the back of his head. He then kicks him onto his back and it is revealed that Homicide has blood around one nostril. Kendrick picks him up and hits a hurricanrana, sending Homicide swaying away. He uses the turnbuckle to try and get up but then Kendrick runs towards the corner and hits a leg lariat, sending Homicide backwards into the turnbuckle.

Kendrick then puts Homicide up and seats him on the top rope. He himself then gets onto the second rope and puts Homicide in a headlock. He tries for a tornado DDT but Homicide powers away and hook’s Kendrick’s arms. He then picks him up and hits a sitout double underhook powerbomb from the second rope! After this move, both men are down on the ground. The referee begins counting. 1...2...3...4...5... Neither man has stirred yet. 6...7... There is still no movement. 8... Homicide starts to show signs of getting up. 9... Suddenly Ezekiel reaches through the ropes and pulls the referee down, stopping him from counting Brian Kendrick out. The referee hits the mat hard and appears to be out.

Ezekiel then slides into the ring and elbow drops the ref in the back for good measure. He then sees Homicide almost on his feet, and almost takes his head off with a huge lariat. Hernandez then runs into the ring, wanting to protect his partner. Hernandez lands a big boot on Ezekiel, but then takes a dropkick to the knees from behind from a recovered Brian Kendrick. Ezekiel rolls out of the ring after taking the boot and a recovered Hernandez follows, taking out the big man with a suicide dive, leaving both men down on the outside floor. The referee is still down and has not seen any of this. In the ring, Brian sees Homicide recovering near the corner, and goes for the Kendrick, but half way through the flip, Homicide refuses to go down and Kendrick is forced to land on his feet behind him. However, Kendrick drops down behind Homicide and hits him with a low blow, making him wither to the ground in agonizing pain. Kendrick then pulls the referee over to where Homicide is and covers, as the referee makes the count, oblivious to all things that have taken place during his unconsciousness. 1.....2.....3 The Brian Kendrick steals himself a victory.

WINNER- The Brian Kendrick by PINFALL in 6:02

Foley- I am glad the right man won here.
JR- What are you talking about? Kendrick had to resort to underhanded tactics to get the win here.
Foley- That’s only because he’s intelligent.

***COMMERCIAL***

Edge’s music plays and he walks down to the ring.

Edge- There has been something bugging me lately. As you are aware, I had a tag team match last week. And I’m also pretty sure that you are all aware who my opponents were. One half of my opposition was the man I defeated at Wrestlemania 25, Mr Kennedy. And the other half was Chris-... the other half was my brother. Now I was as excited as anyone when Christian came back to the WWE. But, I think that all of you guys would have been excited because you all love Christian. Suddenly he returned and became a fan favourite, but I’ll get to that later. I was excited for my brother’s return because it would allow me to finally do something. It would allow me to do something I have wanted to do for years. Teach that son of a bitch a lesson! My brother and I were the single greatest tag team of the Attitude Era. E & C were the most dominating tandem out there, there is no debating that. And there is also no debating that I was the star of that tag team. The fans, they cheered for me, they hated me, and they cared about me. Christian, you were just an accessory. You were just ‘Edge’s partner’. And then, after we split up and went our separate ways, you still stood in my shadow. You had Intercontinental championship reigns, I had World Championship reigns. You had title shots, I had title wins. You had opportunities, I capitalized on opportunities. And you couldn’t take it could you? So you had to leave, you had to escape the agony that was dawning over you, the stain on your career that would allow you never to leave your brother’s spotlight. You left. I stayed. I won five World Championships and where were you? Sulking at home, reliving old memories, looking at old family photos. Trying to escape what your reality was. But Christian, I know you, wrestling is in your blood, and it’s in our blood. And you can’t just throw that part of your life away. So you came back. And suddenly, the fans like you. All of a sudden, little second best Christian Cage is getting noticed. Little second best Christian Cage is winning at Wrestlemania. Little second best Christian Cage is finally better than his brother. These comments, they made me sick. Do you honestly think you can waltz into Smackdown, my brand, and take the glory that is mine? Ha! You know that you will never be better than me. You will never, I repeat... never, escape my shadow. And I’m going to make sure that that happens. I am going to single handedly ensure that I stay better than you. And I could have done it last week, but that wasn’t the time. Last week I was just feeling you out, seeing what you had become after such an extended absence. It was the first time that we were in the ring together in five years. And I dominated every moment of it, but that was only the beginning. Tonight, it will be official. You see, I have talked to Vickie Guerrero about this and she has let me make this challenge to you. I am willing to face you tonight, in a match in the WWE Championship Tournament. And if you come out here, than I consider that challenge accepted. Why am I doing this you may think? I’m not doing it to prove myself; I’m doing it so you can prove yourself. Because lets face it, for me to look even better when I ultimately crush you, you have to put up a fight of some sort. Tonight is your chance to do just that. Tonight is your chance to rid yourself of that burden once and for all. Tonight is your chance to beat me. So... what do you say, brother?

After an extended pause, Christian Cage’s music plays and he steps out onto the stage.

Cage- I accept!

JR- Wow! We have two brothers facing each other in tonight’s main event!

Edge- Good boy, I knew that you would say yes. You couldn’t pass up such an opportunity could you? But now, if I were you, I’d take the opportunity to turn around.

On the stage, Christian turns around, straight into a hard chop to the head from the Great Khali, knocking Christian to the floor. Khali stomps on his chest, before picking him up and planting him with a Khali Bomb! Khali walks down to the ring for his eventual match as Cage struggles to crawl backstage. Edge stands in the ring, laughing, before rolling out and eventually walking back up the ramp. After a short WWE merchandise advertisement, we see Jeff Hardy make his entrance and get down to the ring for his match.

Foley- Edge is a cunning man. He planned for Christian to be attacked all along!
JR- But now we will see Jeff Hardy faced with the impossible task of defeating the Great Khali in 5 Minutes or less.
Foley- I think impossible is an understatement, JR.

MATCH 3
WWE Championship Tournament
The Great Khali v Jeff Hardy
(Time Limit: 5 Minutes for Jeff Hardy)

The two men lock up but then Khali takes Hardy down with a close lariat to the head. Khali then goes to pick Jeff up but Hardy rolls out of the way and gets up, holding his skull. Khali goes to grab Hardy, but he ducks under and hits him in the back with a dropkick. Khali is still on his feet however and when Hardy gets back up he is taken right back down with an open handed chop to the chest that echoes throughout the arena. Khali then bends over to pick him up, but again Hardy is able to roll out of the way. Hardy slowly gets to his feet and catches his breath. Hardy then runs and dropkicks Khali in the knee. He runs at Khali again but this time Khali grabs him and throws him into the corner turnbuckle. Khali runs towards the corner for a splash but Hardy moves at the last second and Khali carries himself into the turnbuckle. Jeff then runs at Khali and hits him with leg lariat to the head. Khali slumps down in the turnbuckle, and Hardy runs at him again, this time hitting a rope assisted dropkick, at the one minute mark.

Hardy covers Khali, but the Punjabi Giant simply throws him off, sending him half way across the ring and landing on his back hard. Hardy grasps his back but his perseverance inspires him to get beck to his feet, much to the delight of the crowd. However, as Jeff gets up so does Khali and as the two meet up in the centre of the ring, Khali knocks Jeff with a big boot. Hardy falls to the canvas and looks to almost be knocked out. Khali then puts Hardy in a seated position before grabbing the vein on his neck, putting him in a nerve hold. Hardy fades quickly in the nerve hold and after a few seconds, he isn’t reacting at all. Khali shouts something in his native Indian, which draws immense heat from the crowd. The referee is forced to check on Hardy, who may be knocked out. To check this, he raises Hardy’s hand. It falls back down. He raises it a second time but there is still no life shown whatsoever. The ref raises it the third and final time, and the hand looks to fall again, but this time Hardy somehow manages to keep it in the air, getting a rock star ovation from the crowd. However, Jeff only has one minute left to win the match.

Khali sees this and is outraged. He immediately breaks up the hold, just to kick Hardy straight in the back, a move that makes the entire audience shudder. Khali then cockily pins Hardy with one foot, 1.....2..... Jeff gets a shoulder up! Khali goes to again lock in the nerve hold but this time Hardy slides out of danger. Hardy gets up and hits Khali with a mule kick, almost but not completely taking him off his feet. Hardy then runs up the corner before hitting a Whisper in the Wind on the dazed Khali with thirty seconds left. Hardy goes back up top with Khali laid out in front of him. He is about to go for the Swanton but then Khali rolls out of the ring with twenty seconds left!

Khali laughs at Hardy and points at the ticking timer. Hardy climbs down as the referee begins the count. 1...2...3...4... Hardy walks over to the side of the ring where Khali is. 5...6... Khali realises that there is still ten seconds left and that he will have to get back in the ring. 7... Khali steps up onto the apron with Jeff in the ring in front of him. 8... Khali grabs Hardy by the head, squeezing it and rendering Jeff powerless. 9... Khali is about to step into the ring but then Hardy quickly catches Khali with a Twist of Fate, sending him bouncing off the top rope and onto the floor below. ...10! Hardy wins by countout with two seconds left on the clock!

WINNER- Jeff Hardy by COUNTOUT in 4:58

JR- Oh my god! Jeff Hardy overcame the odds and won!
Foley- And now he’s in the semi finals of the WWE Championship tournament!
JR- And now I am getting word that MVP’s VIP lounge will be after the commercial. Great, I have to listen to that arrogant man hype himself.
Foley- That arrogant man is Mr Money In The Bank, and may be the most successful man on Smackdown right now!

***COMMERCIAL***

MVP’s music plays and he walks down to the ring. The ring is set up for the VIP lounge, with two small sofas, a table between them and other decorations. He takes a seat on one of the lounges.

MVP- Do y’all know what time it is? It is time for you all to admire the money-makin’, briefcase-shakin’, chain-wearin’, west side-scarin’, modern day Mac, Mr Money in the Bank, M.....V.....P! It is also the time to have big thing’s poppin’, little things stoppin’ and your jaw’s droppin’ as I welcome you to another VIP lounge. Today, I have a very big guest planned out but until then, I have to go through some people I am better than. Well, I mean, that ain’t very hard because I am better than everybody. I am better than R-Truth, I am better than Vickie Guerrero, but most of all, I am better than you. Face the facts people, I won my first round match in the WWE Championship tournament and I will win my semi final match next week. It is also a certainty that I will go into Backlash and then win the WWE Championship. Now, I will have to do all of this without using my shiny, new, expensive, Money in the Bank briefcase, but I can still do it. But today, I came out to focus on the eventual goal, being the match at Backlash against one of three opponents. Those three men are Jeff Hardy, Edge and Christian Cage. They are all talented men, no doubt, but they all have got nothin’ on this Ballin’ superstar. I’ll start with a man who I have never faced before, and a man that I respect more than the other superstars I will speak about. This man is Edge and throughout his career, he has earned my respect. He and I are similar in a lot of ways. We’re both gifted athletically, we’re both successful, we’re both rich and we both aren’t afraid to do anything possible to get the job done. There is only one main difference between us. I am better than him. Hear that Edge, I am better than you! Case closed. The next person is the very brother of Edge and his opponent tonight, Christian Cage. Now this man, I don’t know too well. I wasn’t around when he was here in the WWE the first time. Now he is back, and from what I have seen, he thinks he is better than the whole roster. Even more unbelievable, he thinks he is better than me. Well Christian, I have some news for your punk ass. I am better than you! Lastly, there is Jeff hardy. I could go on and on about Jeff Hardy but he isn’t worth my time. How can he be considered a threat? Knowing what he has done before, I will be surprised if he even makes it to Backlash without getting suspended. If you look up failure in the dictionary, you get a picture of Jeff. Hardy, the whole roster is better than you. But more importantly, I am better than you. So, those are the people that I could end up facing at Backlash, after I win next week. Or, if you want to get all technical, if I win next week. But come on people, be realistic, does Triple H have any chance of beating me. Hey, if not for his antics with Miss McMahon I’m not sure if he would even have any chance of even making it in the WWE. Let it be known, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. I am better than-

Triple H’s music plays and he begins to walk down the ramp.

Foley- How disrespectful!
JR- I’m glad someone interrupted this display of cockiness.

HHH- Oh sorry MVP, did I come early?

MVP- Don’t you dare interrupt me in my VIP lounge.

HHH coolly walks into the ring and takes a seat on the other couch.

HHH- Why not, you asked me to be your guest?

MVP- Well Hunter, be my guest to give a little respect to your superiors next time.

HHH- My superiors? Are there even such-

MVP- And shut the hell up when I’m talking. As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted... I am better than-

HHH- The weather’s nice today isn’t it?

MVP- What the hell are you doing?

HHH- Hey, it’s your interview, and I’m just trying to make conversation. Not only are you a bad wrestler but you’re obviously not the best interviewer either by the looks of it.

MVP- You want me to make conversation? Well, I guess I’ll ask you the question I had planned. Hunter, how is it to be in the same ring as the highest entity on Smackdown, the jaw-droppin’, heart-stoppin’, highest paid athlete in the history of Smackdown-

HHH- Oh, so we’re making nicknames now are we? Two can play at that game. MVP, how do you feel to be in the ring with the title-winning, belt-spinning, money-loaning, MVP-owning, king of kings, Triple H?

MVP- Haha that was some nice work. No really, I think I have some better lines for you. You are the porno-renewin’, boss-screwin’, title-losin’, about to get a bruisin’, king of failure, Trip-

HHH- Hold it right there, MVP. I’m surprised you can call me the king of failure with a straight face. Name one World Championship you have won in your career.

MVP- I would have one right now if not for that barn animal we call General Manager, Vickie Guerrero.

HHH- So what you’re saying is pretty much you can’t. Well, neither can I. I can’t name one World Championship I have won in my career. But I can do you one better and name thirteen!

MVP- So that’s thirteen times you slept with the boss?

HHH- Well she wasn’t the reason I won so many titles, but hey, Stephanie was pretty good on the side!

MVP- You mean by your side when she practically bought you your success.

HHH- Enough. I’ll listen to this crap once you do something with your career, like beat me maybe.

MVP- Rest assured Triple H, that will no doubt happen next week. And you know why? Because I am better than-

Triple H’s music cuts MVP off and the Game gets up before getting up and walking out of the ring without acknowledging MVP at all. The Ballin’ superstar is furious, and knocks over the table in the centre of the ring to show his frustration. Triple H waves to him arrogantly as the screen fades out.

JR- Now their match next week has some legit heat behind it.
Foley- MVP looks like he’s about to blow up.
JR- Hopefully he does.
Foley- Oh grow up, JR. Up next we see our divas in action with Torrie taking on Victoria in a non title match.

***COMMERCIAL***

MATCH 4
Victoria v Torrie Wilson
(Single)

Torrie grapples Victoria, who pushes the champion away before clotheslining her to the ground. Torrie gets up and goes back towards Victoria, who takes her down with a big boot. Victoria then goes to pick up Torrie but the champion pulls Victoria’s arm and nails a seated snapmare. Torrie gets up and goes to lock in a chinlock but Victoria uses the power advantage to immediately push her away. Both divas get up and Victoria goes for another big boot but Torrie ducks and hits a back elbow to Victoria’s nose. Torrie hits an array of different punches, before going for a bulldog, but Victoria once again uses her strength to put on the brakes and push Torrie into the ropes. Wilson rebounds back first and Victoria clubs her in the centre of her back with the point of her elbow, making Torrie sink to her knees. Victoria then delivers a harsh knee to the same place, targeting Torrie’s back even more.

Victoria then lifts Torrie to her feet before getting behind her and pulling her backwards by her hair, sending Wilson back first into he knee. Torrie rolls around in pain as Victoria lands a powerful kick to her, making her roll onto her stomach. From here she sticks a knee in the centre of her back and then grabs both her arms, pulling her back towards herself. This submission puts all the strain on Torrie’s back and it is noticeable, with the Diva’s champion screaming and trying to escape. Victoria continues pulling and even takes her knee away momentarily, only to again drive it into her back, this time even harder. Victoria then lets go of Torrie’s arms and this time pulls back Torrie by her chin, keeping the pain isolated to her back.

Torrie struggles to escape the modified camel clutch, and waves her arms about frantically getting the crowd behind her. She gets to her knees and tries to nail Victoria with punches even though she is behind her. The crowd is now on their feet as Torrie is finally able to get to her feet. She then swings an elbow backwards in the hope that it will hit her opponent and it does, nailing Victoria right in the nose. Torrie turns around and hits a clothesline, and goes for another, but Victoria ducks the second one and picks Torrie up, promptly hitting a side slam backbreaker. Victoria delivers some more stomps to the mangled spine of Torrie before rolling her onto her back. Victoria then faces the crowd and smiles arrogantly, before jumping for and hitting the standing moonsault! Victoria covers the Divas champ, 1.....2..... No! Kick out at two!

Victoria looks to brutalize Torrie some more and lifts her, before hitting another side slam backbreaker. Victoria again picks her up and then hits a snapmare that is modified to send Torrie’s back straight into her knee. Victoria then dropkicks Torrie again in the back, taking great precision in targeting the body part. Victoria presses her knee into her back again and goes to reapply the modified camel clutch she used earlier, but Torrie will not go down that easily. Wilson shows why she is champion, turning onto her back and hitting punches on Victoria with both hands. She pushes Victoria away and somehow musters up the effort to get to her feet. Torrie then hits a clothesline, but when she goes for the second, the same thing as earlier happens and Victoria ducks under it. This time she goes for a third side slam backbreaker but Torrie twists her body around and counters it into a head scissors take down. Both divas get up and Victoria goes for a lariat, only to have Torrie duck under. Victoria turns around, and gets hit immediately with the Nose Job! 1.....2.....3 It’s over!

WINNER- Torrie Wilson by PINFALL in 7:51

JR- That was a hard fought victory for our champion.
Foley- Well she proved why she has gold around her waist!

Torrie asks for a microphone off some ringside personnel.

Torrie- Natalya, I know about the challenge you made on WWE.com, and I have thought about whether I will let you have an opportunity at my title. I know you are dominant, and I witnessed that last week, but you are yet to prove yourself to me. Tell you what Natalya; if you can win a match next week, then I will let you have a shot at my title. And that match can be against the diva you made tap out last week, Michelle McCool! Facing the very woman who is looking for revenge against you will truly be the test that will prove your true dominance. So Natalya, next week you get your chance, and if you win, then it’s on!

Foley- So not only do we get Natalya v Michelle next week, we also get the possibility of seeing Torrie v Natalya down the road. This sounds great!

***COMMERCIAL***

Christian Cage’s music plays and he walks down to the ring with a slight limp, looking somewhat in pain.

Cage- What’s up bro? Having a nice day are we? Getting other people to do our dirty work? Using people higher up you to elevate yourself? Not treating anyone on the whole roster with any respect? As always, it’s the same old Edge isn’t it. Well, you know what they say... “Once an asshole, always an asshole”. You think you’re so great don’t you Edge? I wonder what your ego’s favourite food is, considering you feed it so much. Jealousy is a sin Edge, you should know that, mom told us every day growing up. I admit, I fell to that sin early in my career, and I’m not afraid to admit I was jealous of you in my early days. But then I left, because I had some thinking to do. I thought to myself... “I can’t just sit here and continue to be jealous of my brother’s accomplishments. No, I’m going to do something about it.” And Edge, I did something about it. I came back, and I was better than ever. And that’s when the jealousy struck you didn’t it? That’s when you realised that I might actually be a threat to you. The fans loved me when I came back; they loved me more than they ever loved you. And I loved every moment of it. I loved soaking in the appreciation from the crowd and I loved watching you soak in the hatred. I loved finally being able to rid myself of your shadow. And I loved winning at Wrestlemania. But most of all, I’m going to love beating your ass, in this ring, tonight!

Edge’s music hits and he walks carefully into the ring.

Foley- I’m glad Edge is here to sort Christian out.
JR- Both brothers have gotten what they wanted to say off their chest tonight, the main event will be explosive!

Edge- I’m sorry, brother, but you haven’t gotten rid of any burdens yet. You can say you have when you win a World Title. You can say that when you become Mr Money in the Bank. You can say that when you become King of the Ring. You can say that when you become a Triple Crown Champion. But, most of all, you can say that when you beat me... hell, if you beat me... hell, you’re never going to be able to say that!

Cage- Edge, maybe you’re right, maybe I’ll never be able to get out of your shadow.

Edge- Damn right you won’t.

Cage- But I can still beat your ass right now!

Cage lunges at Edge with a right hand and starts hammering away at him with fists, but the Rated R Superstar hits Christian in the head with his microphone, making him fall back. The two then start brawling around the ring before the referee comes down and sorts it out, telling them to save it for their match. They agree, and get to the opposite sides of the ring, catching their breaths respectively.

Foley- Aww, don’t stop the brawl.
JR- Oh please, let’s save it for the ring.

MATCH 5
WWE Championship Tournament
Edge v Christian Cage
(Single)

The brothers lock up, and Edge gets the upper hand, driving Christian into the corner. He releases according to the orders of the referee, but then goes back at Cage and hits him with a hard right hand. Edge pulls him away from the corner before hitting another stiff punch to the jaw. Christian stumble back from the impact and Edge then clubs him in the back of the head with his forearm. Edge then goes for a bulldog but Christian refuses to go down and pushes Edge forward, with his momentum carrying him into the ropes. Edge turns around and Christian goes to clothesline him over the ropes but Edge ducks his arm. He then grabs it, before pulling back and hitting a reverse STO that ends up choking Cage on the top rope.

Christian falls back clutching his throat. Edge goes for a cover, but Cage immediately gets to his knees before it is possible. Edge instead then goes to the kneeling Christian, and slaps him spitefully across the face, before kneeing him in the jaw. He then gets behind him and applies a chinlock. Christian fights the hold and manages to rally the crowd behind him and get to his feet, but then Edge stops his momentum with a brutally executed Edge-O-Matic. He drops the move into a pin, 1.....2..... Christian is able to get his shoulders up. Edge picks him up and goes for the Edgecution but Christian pushes himself away and manages to connect with a dropkick to the chest area. Edge falls back and leans on the ropes for air while Christian gets up and this time runs and successfully clotheslines Edge over the top rope.

While waiting for Edge to recover outside the ring, Christian uses the time to cross his arms and make C shapes with his hands, making fun of Edge with his signature taunt. The crowd then gets behind him as Cage walks over to the Edge of the ring, closest to where Edge is on the outside. Cage pushes against the rope and sends himself over the top rope, but he notices Edge move out of the way so he stops his aerial maneuver and keeps hold of the top rope, eventually landing on the ring apron. From there, Cage jumps for a missile dropkick and connects with Edge! Both men are sprawled out on the floor and the referee is already counting. 4...5...6... Christian gets to his feet. 7...8... He picks Edge up and rolls him into the ring, before sliding in himself. Upon entering, Cage immediately goes for the cover, 1.....2..... Kick out!

Christian picks Edge up and puts him in a front headlock. He squeezes the head of Edge before twisting him around at hitting a reverse DDT. He picks him back up and nails him with a hard European uppercut, making Edge stagger away. He walks over to him and goes to grapple, but then the devious Edge capitalizes with an eye rake. Christian holds his eyes and recovers in the corner of the ring. He turns around to see Edge running at him for a Spear! Cage thinks quickly however and moves to the side, leaving Edge’s momentum to send him right into the ringpost in the corner. Edge falls backwards from the impact and Christian rolls him up, 1.....2..... Kick out!

Cage takes the downed body of Edge and grabs his legs. He then twists his legs around so that he is put in a cloverleaf submission. Edge refuses to tap in the submission and claws himself towards the ropes but then Christian presses his knee into Edge’s neck, putting even more strain on his back. Doing this elevates the submission into a Lasso from El Paso, which is obviously Christian remembering the late Eddie Guerrero in his own special way. Edge is finding it harder to fight the submission and almost taps but then Christian releases the submission, wanting to inflict more punishment to Edge. Cage decides to go up to the top rope for an aerial move now. He climbs the turnbuckles and once at the top he does the signature Eddie Guerrero taunt which gains a huge pop from the crowd. He then jumps for the frog splash but Edge rolls out of the way, making Christian crash painfully into the canvas.

Edge and Christian are both sprawled out on the floor as the referee begins to make the count. 1...2...3...4... Cage tries to get up but slips back down. 5...6...7... Both men are now attempting to get to their feet. 8...9... Both men are on their feet and they both turn to each other. Edge immediately goes for a big boot but Christian moves out of the way and as Edge turns around, Cage goes for a spear! However, before he can be drilled with his own finishing move, Edge quickly dodges. Then as Christian turns around, Edge goes for a Spear of his own, and he connects! Edge smiles devilishly before covering, 1.....2..... Christian gets his hand on the rope! The entire arena erupts in cheers and Edge puts his head in his hands, not being able to believe what he just witnessed.

The enraged Edge crouches under the corner opposite from where Christian is, setting up for the Spear. Cage eventually gets up and as he turns around, Edge goes for a second Spear, but Christian moves out of the way and Edge runs into the ropes and bounces back. Cage keeps running after the dodge and he bounces off the ropes he is running to, hitting a diving crossbody on Edge, who was regaining his composure. He picks Edge up and gets him in double underhook position, before turning around and getting in place for the Unprettier. However, before he can land his finisher, Edge powers him forward into the corner. Edge unhooks himself and as Christian turns dazed from the impact with the turnbuckle, Edge runs and nails him with a second Spear! 1.....2.....3 This one is over! Edge slides out of the ring and celebrates on the ramp as the show comes to a close.

WINNER- Edge by PINFALL in 14:49

JR- That match truly was explosive!
Foley- I have a feeling it isn’t over between Edge and Christian, not by a long shot.
JR- But now we have Edge advancing in the title tournament to face Jeff Hardy in two weeks time.
Foley- Man is Smackdown heating up! But now we leave on this note, and we’ll see you all next week!

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Best Match: The United States Championship Gauntlet match most definitely. Action was awesome, although I am slightly diappointed that we did not see a new US Champion... Champion, if you catch my drift XD. Truth getting a push is good, but Benjamin deserves higher than R Truth/ higher than the US Title.

Worst Match: Meh, not even the epicness of Jeff Hardy can raise the standard of Mr. Jobber McJobber the Great Khali. Thankfully you made this short and somewhat entertaining. Also, Divas = Who cares?

Best Promo: OK, so I had two favourites here, and quite frankly, here is why. Edge= PWNAGE, Christian = PWNAGE, MVP = PWNAGE, HHH = PWNAGE... on the mic XD. Both were good promos all round, and with these four being great mic workers IRL, it didn't hurt.

Worst Promo: Even though I am a massive Jeff Hardy mark (which you know), the Great Khali is fully firing material, jobber material, and an untalented piece of shit, and Jeff is not very good on the mic, it must be said.

AC: Good show like ECW seX, it was very, how do you say, seXy? XD. Anyway hopefully you release talentless SOBs as you go along, Kozlov and Khali PRIME examples. PM me when Raw is up, as I am really getting into this thread as of late.

Qwake

Best Match: I must say, you impressed the hell out of me with your matches with this show, the opening match was awesome. I like elimination matches and this gauntlet had all the action you would want on an episode of Smackdown, great match and the better man won imo. I also really enjoyed the Main Event, it flowed well and I got into it very easily. I actually liked the other matches too but the opener as well as the Main Event took the show away.

Worst Match: Well if I must choose, Jeff Hardy Vs Khali for the fact that its Khali and it was just short of 5 mins but it really wasn't to bad because it had good hype behind it, good that Hardy went through in the title tournament as I thought he would. This was only bad because of Khali tbh, made for a well thought out story though with Vickie trying to screw Hardy out of the tournament.

Best Promo: MVPs was very well done imo, he had alot to say and you wrote it out in good character too. HHH coming out made things a little more interesting as well. I also liked the first Edge promo, in quite good character and really hyped things up. The Edge/Christian promo before there main event match was also good, I am likingwhat you're doin with the two.

Worst Promo: The opening was generic as is Jeff Hardy which is why it wasn't to good. Great Khali sucks but what Vickie did was good in the opening promo making Jeff have to work hard to go through in the tournament. Promo was only badly for who was involved though, not what was said because its hard to write promos with them. Kendrick and Zeke wasn't to good either, nothing terrible though.

AC: Good show. The matches were awesome imo, opening match was a great match for a normal show and the promos were quite good too, Edge and Christian work together awesomely. Fueds are going well and I like the idea of the tournament thing, ill have to read this more often. Good show.