WWE 2009- Fast Forward to Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Best Match: I got two picks here man, first is the Gauntlet Match, truly a great match there but one think that I want to ask you is why they enter by pairs, I am not sure, maybe I am lost.. lol.. The other match is quite obvious, the Edge/Christian Match. Good Promo and Good Match. I'll be happy if the two have a feud with one another in the future, Sadly Cage's lose :(

Worst Match: There's none at all, by reading some of your shows, I say you are a good Booker.

Best Promo: WOW! Damn! Those were some inspiring promos right there. I enjoyed reading both Edge/Cage and MVP/HHH promos. Please don't let Edge advances the tourney! :D

Worst Promo: Hmmm... Once again, I think there's none.

Additional Feedback: A great match here, well balanced, both matches and promos are good. I am starting to envy you as I haven't balance my show like that with some good matches and promos lol... I'll be reading your next show...

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
SD Week 2 Review

Velocity Results- IMO, TJ Wilson should have gone over Festus.

Hardy/Khali promo- I don't know why, but I just found Khali's stuff funny. Hardy's parts were pretty good. The stip added to the match should make this interesting.

Gauntlet- WTF, Koslov eliminated first! I don't think that was the best decision. The rules of this gauntlet are a little confusing to me. Why do 2 people come out at once? In the end, this was a damn good match. The after match promo set up the feud nicely.

Kendrick/Zeke promo- Zeke's one liners are insanely funny. Kendrick's stuff is good too.

Kendrick vs. Homicide- Neither man looked good coming out of this match. Kendrick looked like a good heel, which is what I think that you were going for.

Edge promo- This was an amazing promo. Promo of the night for sure. So far, things are not going well for Christian, he only says 2 words then he gets the crap kicked out of him.

Khali vs. Hardy- This match was handled perfectly. The countout victory didn't make Khali look bad at all, I was wondering how you would have Hardy beat the giant in 5 minutes.

VIP Lounge- Actually I have to change my choice and say that this promo was my favorite. Both men got in a good amount of talking time and they were both very much in character.

Torrie vs. Victoria- Why in god's name are you oushing Torrie instead of Victoria? The match itself was good, but this choice just baffels me. The after match promo was good as well.

Cage/Edge promos- Your promos are awesome tonight. This one comes in third place, but it had stiff competition.

Edge vs. Christian- This match was fantastic, Best of the Night.

AC- This has to be your best show yet. All of it was good, this show showcases your booking talent.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
BM - Edge vs Cage. I haven't been following this BTB lately, but this feud already is interesting to me. It was a good match overall, and the backstory with them and the promo before the match was good too. The Gauntlet match was really good too, but I liked the Main Event because it was easier to get into.

WM - Khali vs Hardy because Khali sucks butt. But nice way for him to get the win in the last 2 seconds.

BP - Both of Edge's promos before the main event was really intense, and it was good to set up the ME and maybe a feud between them. Those two promos were simple, but really helped the match. The VIP Lounge was pretty sweet too, but I think HHH is going to squash MVP so bad.

WP - The Kendrick's promo could've been better.

AC - Pretty good show overall. Everything flowed between the matches and promos, and it wasn't hard to get into. Most of the feuds and storylines you have going are pretty good, and things with this BTB are definitely getting better.

seX-Power

OK, for the third week in this BTB, the matches will be recapped and be virtually shorter as I am limiting them to two paragraphs in my formatting excluding the main event which will be slightly longer. Anyway, all three shows will be slightly shorter, this is just to make it easier for me to get back into this BTB.

Week 2 Aftermath

WWE News

- Acquired TNA talent Rhino has been assigned to the Raw brand. However, due to family commitments, he has told the WWE that he will not be able to actually debut on television until at least the first show after Backlash. No news whether he is able to work Heat matches before then.

- The WWE has come to terms with the releases of The Great Khali and Vladimir Kozlov. We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

- A list of superstars to be called to the main roster was posted on the FCW website. A caption said that this list was not final, and that changes could be made. The names mentioned were:

Manu (formerly Afa Jr)

Jack Gabriel (already called up)

Marty Wright (formerly the Boogeyman)

Eric Perez (expected to team with Carlito/Primo Colon)

Primo Colon (expected to team with Carlito/Eric Perez)

Drew McIntyre (expected to feud with a British superstar)

Ryan Braddock (in his second call up)

Gavin Spears (most likely as talent enhancement)

Jack Swagger (expected to be pushed hard upon debut)

- The WWE have signed a contract with independent worker Joey Matthews. There is no news on whether he will use this name, or Joey Mercury, the one he used in his first WWE stint. Expect him to return on the ECW brand, possibly to become incorporated in the storyline involving the Miz, John Morrison, Tommy Dreamer and the Sandman. Don’t be surprised to see him join Miz and Morrison to form a stable of some sort.

- The WWE have moved John Bradshaw Layfield to Smackdown. They are doing this quietly and will debut him there after he has healed from his minor injury

WWE Rumors

- The WWE are apparently trying to negotiate a deal with other TNA star Alex Shelley. They apparently want to sign him and then either make him team with, or feud with Chris Sabin. He is supposedly reluctant on signing a contract.

- Randy Orton is supposedly the person backstage who pitched the storyline he is currently having with CM Punk. Expect it to go on for a while, and don’t be surprised if Punk wins the vacant World Heavyweight Championship to further the feud.

- The apparent reason behind the firing of The Great Khali is that text messages on Khali’s phone were seen, that were addressed from Jeff Jarrett. Apparently, they were discussing a possible TNA career for Khali. Now, after his release, the most likely situation is a start in TNA for Khali, right after his no compete clause expires. The WWE considers this a major blow.

- Vladimir Kozlov was let go simply due to the fact that the WWE felt that there were too many monster heels on Smackdown, and the creative team felt that Kozlov was the weakest. He never won a title in the WWE, and his match on Smackdown this week was his last.

- Chris Hero is one step closer to signing a WWE contract. The only problem now is ROH booking and Hero himself not wanting to be stripped of his title. Hero does not want to drop the title but still wants to go to the WWE. Management is currently trying to find a way to get around this problem.
- The WWE is looking to overhaul the whole Women’s and Diva’s divisions in the near future, making roster adjustments and talent cleanouts. Expect this to possibly take place after Backlash.

- Raw diva Melina is now rumored to have hooked up with new Raw superstar Jack Gabriel. The WWE have tossed around ideas of bringing this couple up on Raw and making them an on screen item as well.

WWE Ratings

Heat- 0.9
Raw- 3.4
X-Perience- 0.5
ECW- 1.3
Velocity- 0.6
Smackdown- 2.5

Top 10 Face Reactions

1. SMK Jeff Hardy
2. ECW Rob Van Dam
3. SMK Christian Cage
4. ECW Matt Hardy
5. RAW CM Punk
6. SMK Triple H
7. RAW John Cena
8. RAW Rey Mysterio
9. SMK R-Truth
10. ECW Kazarian

Top 10 Heel Reactions

1. SMK Edge
2. RAW Chris Jericho
3. ECW Sabu
4. SMK MVP
5. RAW Booker T
6. RAW Randy Orton
7. SMK The Great Khali
8. RAW Kane +Abyss
9. ECW Chavo Guerrero
10. SMK The Brian Kendrick +Ezekiel

Top 10 Best Matches

1. SMK Edge v Christian
2. RAW Jericho v Generico
3. SMK Carlito v Helms v Kozlov v Shelton v Yang v Kennedy v Lance v Truth
4. RAW Orton v Punk
5. ECW Sabu v Matt
6. ECW Steen +Henry +Miz +Morrison v Harris +Finlay +Dreamer +Sandman
7. RAW Beth v Velvet v Mickie v Melina v Kelly
8. ECW Chavo +Bam v Cabana +Kaz
9. SMK Khali v Jeff
10. SMK Victoria v Torrie

Top 5 Best Promos

1. SMK Edge/Christian
2. SMK MVP/HHH
3. SMK Edge/Christian
4. RAW Adamle/Batista/Cena
5. RAW Adamle/Booker/Mysterio

Top 5 Best Feuds

1. RAW Batista/Cena
2. SMK Edge/Christian
3. ECW Sabu/RVD
4. RAW Orton/Punk
5. ECW Chavo/Kaz

Announced PPV Matches

World Tag Team Championship
Kane +Abyss © v Team 3D v Rey Mysterio +El Generico
(Tag Team)

Light Heavyweight Championship
Kazarian © v Chavo Guerrero
(Single)

WWE Tag Team Championship
The Brian Kendrick +Ezekiel © v The Latin American Xchange
(Tag Team)

Women’s Championship
Katie Lea Burchill © v Melina
(Single)

Grudge Match
Batista v John Cena
(Last Man Standing)

ECW Championship
Rob Van Dam © v Sabu
(Single)

Power 25

1. ٨1 ECW Rob Van Dam
Rob is still the only major champion in the WWE and is the best on ECW. He won by disqualification but still looked strong.

2. ٧1 SMK Triple H
Triple H did not wrestle this week but he had a heated exchange of words with MVP, the man he will face next week.

3. ٨3 RAW CM Punk
CM Punk beat Randy Orton in the Main Event of Raw to make it to the semi finals of the World Championship tournament.

4. = RAW Booker T
Booker T beat the debuting Jack Gabriel on Raw and got the best of future opponent Rey Mysterio in a violent brawl.

5. ٧2 SMK MVP
MVP may not have had a match this week but he hosted his opponent next week, Triple H, in his own VIP lounge.

6. ٨3 SMK Jeff Hardy
Jeff Hardy was given the impossible task of beating the Great Khali in 5 minutes and did it on Smackdown convincingly.

7. = RAW Rey Mysterio
Rey Mysterio beat Kane by disqualification on Raw to get a tag title shot after Abyss interfered to prevent a clean victory.

8. ٨6 SMK Edge
Edge beat his brother and now apparently rival Christian Cage on Smackdown to progress in the WWE Championship tourney.

9. ٨3 ECW Sabu
Sabu earned a shot at the ECW championship and made further impact by attacking RVD twice in the show.

10. ٧5 SMK Christian Cage
Christian drops after losing to Edge in a match where he was previously weakened by an attack his brother ordered.

11. = SMK The Brian Kendrick +Ezekiel
The WWE tag team champions stay the same as Kendrick had a singles victory over Homicide, but won by cheating.

12. ٨11 RAW Chris Jericho
Chris Jericho gains a lot of ground after beating El Generico in the first round of the World Heavyweight title tournament.

13. ٧5 RAW Katie Lea Burchill
The Women’s champion was not in action, but instead watched Melina gain a shot at the title she treasures so much.

14. ٨1 ECW Chavo Guerrero
The number one contender to the Lightweight Championship beat the champion in a tag team match on ECW.

15. ٧5 ECW Kazarian
Kazarian and partner Colt Cabana lost to Chavo and Bam on ECW in a tag team match after some dirty tactics.

16. ٧3 RAW John Cena
John Cena fueled his feud with arch rival Batista after a heated and tense contract signing on Raw, but had no match.

17. ~ RAW Melina
Melina defeated four other Raw divas this week to earn a shot at Katie Lea’s Women’s Championship at Backlash.

18. ~ SMK Torrie Wilson
Torrie Wilson beat Victoria in a hard fought match on Smackdown and then accepted Natalya’s challenge afterwards.

19. ~ SMK R-Truth
The United States champion may have come short in his feud with MVP, but this week, he successfully defended his title.

20. ~ ECW Christy Hemme
The most dominant diva on ECW has racked up two straight wins now since returning to the WWE, better than ever.

21. ٨3 RAW Batista
Batista has not had a match since Wrestlemania but continues to get in John Cena’s head leading up to their match.

22. ٧5 SMK The LAX
Latin American Xchange member Homicide lost to WWE tag champion Brian Kendrick after Ezekiel was involved.

23. ~ RAW Chris Sabin
In his first match in the WWE, Chris Sabin made an immediate impact by defeating Santino Marella on Raw.

24. ٧3 RAW Team 3D
Bubba-Ray and D-Von Dudley were not seen this week but will still fight for the World tag team titles at Backlash.

25. ٧7 RAW Lance Cade
After defending his title last week, Lance Cade had a week of rest but will drop off if he does not have another win soon.

Evil Austin

I like how you set up the weekly news, power ten, top pops for both heels and faces. Makes it more realistic and when you have the ratings in it to.

Van Dam is above Triple H :crazy: but yeh, Van Dam rules.

Good job, hopefuly you can get raw up in the next few days, I want to see Kane and Abyss team up to decimate Adamle :shifty:

but seriously you are doing great with this BTB, I thought at first three shows would be way to much but it is going nicely. Good job. :y:

Hardcastle

Reaction score
Here is my late review of smackdown

BM : the gauntlet match. PPV caliber in my opinion, and R-Truth looks really dominant now, good job with that.

WM : Maybe the women's match. it wasn't bad, but i wasn't into it, and to me, the wrong woman won, hope Natalya beats Wilson.

BP : HHH/MVP. Very well written, and in character IMO, it was fun to read, good.

WP : I'd go with the opening one. Having Jeff and Khali talk is bad, but having them in the same segment is really bad and unrealistic. Even if I get why you wrote it. ANd the stipulation plus the result made Jeff look really good, nice .

AC : I like your BTB since its start, and I have to say you improved your game. Hard to say this, but sometimes your promos are a little too long, but I really like your work !!

seX-Power

Raw Week 3 Preview

In the third week of Raw of the WWE year, we see the World Heavyweight Championship tournament’s semi finals continue with Booker T taking on Rey Mysterio in the main event. These two men collided last week in a heated battle of words but this week they get to settle things in the ring. Who will go to Backlash to fight for the World Heavyweight Championship? Will it be everyone’s favorite underdog Rey Mysterio, or will Booker T win and prove he’s no sucka? Watch Raw to find out!

Speaking of Rey, he and his partner El Generico will also fight for the tag titles at Backlash, meaning Mysterio might have two matches in one night! And the defending tag champions will also fight tonight in a non title match, taking on Cryme Tyme! Can JTG and Shad score an impressive non title win over the champs, or will the masked tandem of Kane and Abyss prove why they are the most dominating team on Raw?

Also regarding the World Heavyweight Championship tournament, we saw Chris Jericho and CM Punk win their respective matches last week meaning they will face next week in the semi finals for a chance to compete at Backlash. What will the two opponents have to say about each other? And regarding CM Punk, what must the man he beat last week be thinking? It is unlikely that Randy Orton has forgotten about him and he most likely will be out for revenge. See how this situation boils down on Raw!

Also this week we get to see the Intercontinental Champion Lance Cade fight newcomer Chris Sabin in a non title match. Sabin was victorious last week in his debut but the Intercontinental champion has proved to be a successful champ so far. Will Cade stick to his winning ways? Or will Sabin stay undefeated and put himself in line for a title shot in the near future?

A huge announcement has been made! On WWE.com the Raw General Manager Mike Adamle has put arch rivals Batista and John Cena in a gauntlet match. Even more shocking is that the two men facing each other at Backlash have to cooperate as a duo against three other teams. Can they work together to survive the onslaught of 6 other men? Or will their personal rivalry get in the way and cause them to lose the match to one of the 3 mystery teams? And how will the two focus knowing that they have a Last Man Standing match at Backlash, less than two weeks away? See what the fallout of this announcement is on Raw!

Announced Matches

Kane +Abyss v JTG +Shad

Lance Cade v Chris Sabin

Batista +John Cena v ??? +??? v ??? +??? v ??? +???

Booker T v Rey Mysterio

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Glad to see this back, I missed the storylines tbh, I think I need to do some reviews here, here's my predictions:

Kane +Abyss v JTG +Shad
- This two are the monsters of your division, I like Cryme Tyme but I am seeing the two monsters going for the win.

Lance Cade v Chris Sabin

- I think this is going to be a No Contest, Lance Cade is on a roll as the IC champ and Sabin just debut and I can't see him losing at his second appearance.

- This will only lead to a brawl between the two.

Booker T v Rey Mysterio
- to make Booker piss off :p

Evil Austin

Kane +Abyss v JTG +Shad
Lance Cade v Chris Sabin
Booker T v Rey Mysterio

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Kane +Abyss v JTG +Shad
Lance Cade v Chris Sabin
Booker T v Rey Mysterio

seX-Power

Heat Results

MATCH 1
Manu def. Hardcore Holly
(Single)

MATCH 2
Marty Wright def. Santino Marella
(Single)

MATCH 3
Angelina Love def. Mickie James
(Single)

MATCH 4
Bubba-Ray Dudley +D-Von Dudley def. D-Lo Brown +Paul London
(Tag Team)

Raw Week 3

A video begins to play on the titantron. It shows a limo pull up next to a hotel where a crowd has gathered. Some people roll out a red carpet leading from the limousine to the hotel’s entrance. Paparazzi then hit the scene and point their cameras at the limo’s door, waiting for someone to step out. Then the chauffeur steps out and opens the door, where a man steps out. The man is wearing a fur coat and an expensive suit, and looks to be very rich. He speaks to the camera:

Man- You may remember me. I was in the WWE a few years ago but I left. In my absence I became richer and built a vast wealth. Now I didn’t lose that passion for wrestling and I always wanted to return. I started training again; I spent thousands of dollars on expensive equipment and personal trainers. And now I’m back, as a new man. I am a new... Joey Mercury.

The crowd surrounding the red carpet goes wild as Mercury begins to walk towards the expensive hotel. The paparazzi begin to take photographs and security usher away a pair of women who break the crowd and attempt to get at Mercury.

Mercury- You may think I have it all, but there is one thing missing from my life, and that is WWE gold around my waist. But believe me, that won’t take long. And if you want proof... just look at me.

Joey reaches the end of the red carpet and smiles for the camera. A personal assistant takes off his expensive coat and he walks through the hotel’s doors. Mercury turns slightly to face the camera behind him.

Mercury- Next week...

The doors close behind him and the scene fades to black.

***COMMERCIAL***

Team 3D are standing on the stage.

Bubba- Two weeks ago we won our number one contendership to the World Tag Team Championship. And we were only expecting to fight one team of losers for our chance. But since last week, we now have to face two teams of freaks at Backlash. This is an outrage! We didn’t know we would have to get through two midgets and two freaks to get the titles that should have been awarded to us as soon as we set foot in this brand. Me and D-Von here, we’re sick of being mistreated like this.

Devon- We’re damn sick. At Backlash, the day will come when we will finally get the respect we deserve. It will all happen once we beat the big red fire engines and the mini Mexican mafia to secure the tag titles here on Raw.

Bubba- Don’t you worry-

Kane’s music suddenly explodes out of the speakers and he and Abyss step out on the stage. They glare at Team 3D and advance on them but then Bubba and Devon run away to the side of the stage and disappear backstage. The champions walk down to the ring for their match.

MATCH 1
Abyss +Kane v JTG +Shad
(Tag Team)

The team of Kane and Abyss choose to fight this match masked. Shad and Kane begin in the ring, and they begin by trading punches. Neither gets the upper hand so they begin to trade uppercuts. Still no man has shown weakness so Shad takes the initiative to go for a big boot, but his leg is grabbed. Kane throws Shad’s leg to the ground and then delivers a big boot of his own, before tagging in his partner Abyss. Abyss immediately shows his power by hitting a side slam backbreaker, but he chooses to stay in the pendulum backbreaker position. Abyss then goes for the Shock Treatment, but Shad powers out of the position and falls into a tag from JTG. Abyss turns around, right into a dropkick from JTG. JTG then runs and bounces off the ropes closest to Abyss, hitting a springboard lariat. He covers, 1.....2..... Abyss grabs him by the throat and pushes him off. Abyss gets to his feet and keeps holding him by the throat, before hitting a huge Chokeslam! Cover, 1.....2..... Kick out!

Kane is then tagged in and he continues the powerful offense, hitting his side slam and diving clothesline combination. He whips JTG into the corner and goes for the corner clothesline, but JTG gets his boots up at the last second and Kane staggers away holding his face. JTG then pulls himself up to the top rope and hits the Diving Leg Lariat on Kane! JTG crawls over and tags in Shad, who pulls Kane away from tagging Abyss. He lifts Kane up and whips him into the ropes, before hitting him with a big boot on the rebound. Shad then lifts him up and hits a European uppercut before picking him up for the Samoan Drop, but Kane floats over. He then picks up Shad and puts him over his shoulder, before hitting him with the Tombstone Piledriver! Kane covers, 1.....2.....3 The tag champs win!

WINNERS- Abyss +Kane by PINFALL in 13:09

***COMMERCIAL***

Katie Lea Burchill walks down to the ring accompanied by her brother Paul.

Katie- May I please have some hush? Ahem, ahem. Listen to me you ignorant Americans!

Paul- Shut up!

Katie- Now that you are paying respect to the WWE Women’s Champion, I have something to say. Last week I watched 5 women battle it out to get a chance to face me for my title. However, I have a problem with this match, and the problem is that the bet women did not win! I expected the Number One Contender to be a worthy and skilled challenger, not the piece of fake trailer trash that is Melina!

Melina’s music plays and she walks out onto the stage accompanied by Jack Gabriel, who is holding hands with her. They walk together to the ring and stand opposite to the Burchills.

Melina- I’m sorry, you’re calling me fake?

Katie- Not you, just those two lumps of silicon on your chest.

Melina- Excuse me? I am 100 percent real, and my new boyfriend can tell you that.

Gabriel blushes and smiles awkwardly as Melina gives him the mic.

Gabriel- Uh... yeah. They’re real...

Melina- Thank you Jacky. But Katie, I found your comment quite ironic; as the fakest thing about you is the thing you are trying to be. You have pretended to be this you’re whole career, and now I am the first person to uncover your secret. Katie, you’re accent is fake, you’re apparent hometown is fake and your nationality is fake because Katie, I know your big secret. You’re not even British!

Katie- I am appalled! How dare you make such claims about the highest female entity in the WWE!

Melina- Cut the crap Katie, I have exposed your secret, you are nothing now.

Katie- Proof! I demand you show me proof

Melina- Show her Jacky.

Gabriel takes out a bunch of papers and hands them to Melina.

Melina- This Katie, this is your birth certificate. Read it right here; it says your hometown is Phoenix, Arizona!

Katie- This... this is obviously fake, err...

Melina- Oh and I also asked around the locker room and found out one more thing that proves you’re American.

Melina walks over to Katie and yanks her top off, revealing a bra with the pattern of an American flag on it. Katie quickly covers up as Paul goes to attack Melina, only for Gabriel to step between them. Mike Adamle then walks out onto the stage to stop the commotion.

Adamle- Come on now guys lets save the fighting. I have three huge announcements to deliver to you right now. And well, I wouldn’t usually mind a brawl in this circumstance but that’s where the first announcement comes in. There will be a match next pitting the Burchills against Jack Gabriel and Melina. And Katie, I can’t say I’m happy about you pretending to be from another country this whole time and I don’t respect liars, so next week, I am forcing you to explain your actions to the entire WWE Universe. And the third announcement is concerning Melina’s Number One Contendership. Melina, you will get your Women’s Championship match at Backlash, and since I enjoyed seeing Katie in her lingerie tonight, I am making that match a Bra & Panties match.

Melina- I’m glad you liked seeing Katie in her negligee Mike, because she will be in the same situation come Backlash!

Katie- Oh please, do you honestly think that-

Adamle- Thank you men and women, but please let’s stop with the talking now, because now we’re gonna see some action!

MATCH 2
Paul Burchill +Katie Lea Burchill v Jack Gabriel +Melina
(Mixed Tag Team)

Paul and Jack begin in the ring, taking notice of the rule stating that only members of the same gender can be in the ring at once. The match starts quite evenly with a few reversals, but the momentum goes to the Burchills once Paul connects with an eye rake followed by a suplex powerslam. Paul then goes for a vertical suplex but Gabriel shifts his weight to get back down and hit a cutter! Jack then hits Paul with a standing leg drop before tagging in Melina, meaning Katie Lea is now also legal. The two divas grapple in the ring, but then Katie grabs Melina’s hair and pulls her to the ground. Katie keeps hold of Melina’s hair and pulls her into her knee, stretching her back in the process. The referee tells her to stop this illegal maneuver and she breaks the hold at 4. Katie picks Melina up and throws her face first in the corner. Melina falls back and Katie goes for the Twisted Sister but she holds onto the ropes and Katie crashes into the mat. Melina pulls herself to tag her boyfriend as Paul runs into the ring as well.

Burchill goes for a lariat but Gabriel ducks and turns around to hit a bulldog! He then picks Paul up and hits a snap spinning neckbreaker, before going up to the second rope. Jack jumps for the Corkscrew Diving European Uppercut but Burchill sidesteps the blow and grabs Jack in mid air, turning the move into a gutbuster in Burchill’s favor. Paul stomps on the back of Gabriel’s head and then lifts his arms for the Curb Stomp but Gabriel grabs Paul’s arms and tosses him forward over himself. Gabriel then rolls over to his corner to tag Melina and now two women are in this match again. Melina runs and hits a spinning facebuster, before picking her up and going for the splits leg drop, only for Katie to reverse it into a leg drag. Melina limps back to a standing base as Katie hits her with a few right hands. Katie goes to slap Melina across the face but Melina grabs her arm and kicks her in the gut, before jumping on her and hitting the Last Call. She lands in a pinning position, 1.....2..... Paul kicks Melina in the face and the referee rings the bell due to disqualification. Gabriel attacks Paul and the two teams brawl as the show goes to commercial.

WINNERS- Jack Gabriel +Melina by DISQUALIFICATION in 6:05

***COMMERCIAL***

CM Punk is backstage with Jeremy Borash for an interview.

Borash- Umm... can I start yet?

Cameraman- Yes, we’re already filming!

Borash- Oh, can you edit that out?

Cameraman- We’re live!

Borash- Oh, that-

Punk- We don’t have much time here!

Borash- Sorry... is there anything you want to say?

Punk- But you’re the interviewer!

Borash- Oh yeah, sorry about that... so anyway... err...

Borash gasps and looks around before quickly running off.

Punk- I got something to say and I want to make sure one man hears this. That man is the other man who won a World Heavyweight Championship tournament match last week, and he is the man I will face next week. That man is Chris Jericho and I have been observing his antics here on Raw lately, and I must say I don’t know what to think of him. I am impressed of his in ring and technical skills but I am definitely not impressed of his attitude. Like my opponent last week, Randy Orton, Jericho is cocky, arrogant, and expects everything to be handed to him without effort. Well Chris, it’s gonna take you a damn lot of effort to beat me next week because I am bringing my A game. You don’t stand a chance against me. And Randy, don’t worry I haven’t forgotten about you just yet, and I doubt you’ve forgotten about me. We’ll meet again soon enough, I can tell you that, but for now I proved that I am better than you. And there’s nothing you can do about-

Punk is suddenly attacked from behind by Chris Jericho, who begins to knock him with punches. He throws him into the wall and kicks him, as the camera shifts to the side, showing Randy Orton watching the attack with a smile on his face.

Orton- You’re right Punk, I haven’t forgotten, and I won’t until I beat you. So I’d watch yourself over the next few weeks, as you can consider yourself a marked man.

Jericho then leaves the bruised Punk and walks over to Orton.

Jericho- Now men and Orton here aren’t partners, or even friends, but we do want one thing in common, and that thing is CM Punk being taken out. And next week Punk, in our match, I will take you out.

Jericho and Orton walk off as Punk is just left there bloodied on the floor.

MATCH 3
Lance Cade v Chris Sabin
(Single)

Cade starts off trying to grab Sabin, who retaliates with a number of kicks. Chris capitalizes on his speedy moveset by staying one step ahead of Cade and not letting himself be caught. On more then one occasion Sabin goes to the top rope and uses high flying moves to keep Cade from getting any noticeable advantage. However, Lance soon puts a stop to Chris’s offense after dodging a flying leg drop and then hitting a big boot after the weakened Chris Sabin slowly got to his feet. Cade gets only a two count from this but does not give up, hitting various powerful slams before settling with a sleeper hold in the centre of the ring. The smaller Sabin finds it hard to cope with the strong submission and the referee notices this. To check whether Chris is still able to participate, the referee raises his hand, and it stays in the air. After another minute in the hold, Sabin really does look to be out of it so the referee tries this method again. Chris’s hand falls down twice, but on the third time, it manages to stay suspended in the air, continuing the match.

Cade is not happy and continues to brutalize Sabin, hitting him with some more power moves that keep him down. Lance then unties the turnbuckle but the referee notices this dirty tactic and goes to put the cover back on. Cade is not happy about this and whips Sabin into the corner where the referee is, and the match official gets knocked out. Cade then picks Sabin up and hits him with a low blow, using the ref’s incapacitation to his advantage. He then Irish whips Sabin into the exposed turnbuckle and then goes to hit him with a big boot but at the last possible moment Sabin moves and Lance gets his foot stuck on the top turnbuckle. Lance spends a lot of time getting his foot unstuck but when he finishes doing so, Chris musters up the energy to hit Cade with an enzugiri to the back of the head and Lance’s forehead gets hit forward into the exposed turnbuckle. Cade falls back to the ground, his head busted open. Sabin then drearily climbs to the top rope and comes down with the Somersault Leg Drop! Sabin covers as the referee recovers, 1.....2.....3 Chris Sabin has a non title win over the Intercontinental Champion!

WINNER- Chris Sabin by PINFALL in 9:49

***COMMERCIAL***

John Cena walks down to the ring with his music playing.

Cena- Dave, can I ask you to come out here?

Batista’s music plays and he walks down to the ring.

Cena- Now, I am sure you heard the announcement Mike Adamle made on WWE.com and the match he has set up for us.

Batista- Sadly, yes.

Cena- Now I don’t like you Batista, and you don’t like me, but for one night, we will have to work together to fight two different teams. Because let’s face it, we are the best of the best here on Raw, I admit that, but we can’t fight off six hungry men on our own.

Batista- You know what John, I’m actually happy that this match was made tonight. It will give me the perfect chance, before our match at Backlash, to outshine you and show the entire world why I am better.

Cena- We’ve gone through this before. All the things you can possibly say can make up for the fact that I beat you at-

Batista- And we’ve gone through that plenty of times as well, so I say we stop and focus on our match. For one night, I will pretend not to despise you as much as I do, John.

Priceless’ music hits and Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes walk down to the ring, as the first team in the gauntlet.

***COMMERCIAL***

MATCH 4
Ted DiBiase +Cody Rhodes v Batista +John Cena
(Tag Team)

Batista and young Cody Rhodes start the match off, with Batista using his power advantage to keep Cody grounded. He uses various power moves that showcase his superior strength but after being dominated for the first minute, Rhodes dodges a spear attempt and musters up the effort to perform a dropkick to the face, sending Batista staggering backward, into a blind tag from John Cena. Rhodes manages to momentarily avoid the fresh Cena and is able to tag in his partner, Ted DiBiase. Cena goes like a house on fire at DiBiase but his momentum is quickly stopped with a low blow that the referee misses thanks to distraction from Rhodes. The momentum changes after this and Ted is able to work over Cena’s arms. At one point he goes to lock in the Million$ Dream but Cena counters and hits the FU leaving both men down.

Both men then go for their respective tags but Batista jumps off the apron before Cena can tag him in, leaving him wounded against the a freshly tagged Cody Rhodes. Cena is worked over by Rhodes but the tide eventually turns after a minute when Cody misses an Asai Moonsault. Cena mounts a comeback and gets in his signature moves but when he runs to the ropes during the 5 Knuckle Shuffle, Batista tags himself in and hits the Batista Bomb on Rhodes. He goes for the pin but Ted breaks it up, only to be thrown out of the ring by Cena. Batista then nails a Spinebuster and makes another cover, under Cena’s heated glare. 1.....2.....3

WINNERS- Batista +John Cena by PINFALL in 5:11

MATCH 5
Bubba-Ray Dudley +D-Von Dudley v Batista +John Cena
(Tag Team)

The next team is Team 3D and Bubba begins in the ring with Batista. He uses heelish moves such as an eye rake to wear down the Animal even more than he already is. At one point he hits the Bubba Cutter for a near fall and then tags in D-Von. Dudley continues to work Batista over and puts him in a bearhug to drain his energy. However, with the crowd rallying behind him, Batista manages to escape the hold and fight back with a Spinebuster. He then walks over to his own corner and reluctantly goes to tag his partner in but Cena tags himself in before Batista even moves his arm. Cena then dominates the next portion of the match; using most of his moveset, including the spin out powerbomb and diving fame asser. However, the tide changes when D-Von reverses an Irish whip and Cena into the ropes, where he is met with a forearm to the back from his own partner. John then falls forward right into the Saving Grace from D-Von for a near fall.

Bubba is tagged back in and he and D-Von double team Cena with a double flapjack. Bubba continues dominating and puts Cena in a Full Nelson. Just when it looks like Cena will be escaping, Dudley hits the Bubba Bomb. However, before he can make the cover, Kane and Abyss suddenly appear on stage and begin to walk to the ring. However, before they can make it, Rey Mysterio and El Generico come out of the crowd and meet the two monsters with simultaneous missile dropkicks. A brawl begins on the ramp, and Bubba slides out of the ring to get in on the action. However, as he gets to the outside, he is met by Batista who slides him back into the ring. Batista then calls out for the tag and Cena looks to tag him but then instead turns around and delivers an FU to Bubba-Ray, before knocking D-Von off the apron. Cena covers Bubba, this time under the angry stare of Batista. 1.....2.....3

WINNERS- Batista +John Cena by PINFALL in 7:42

MATCH 6
Randy Orton +Chris Jericho v Batista +John Cena
(Tag Team)

Batista and John Cena stand panting in the ring as Orton and Jericho walk out and stare them down cockily. Orton gets in the ring to start off with Cena, and as he is the fresher man, he uses his speed to maneuver around the worn-out John Cena. Orton nails the dropkick and double falling knee combo before tagging in his partner. Jericho strikes Cena with his boot and doesn’t even let him get up. He punishes him with the various elements of the ring, including choking him with the ropes and kicking his head into the turnbuckle. He lifts John up and hits the breakdown before walking cockily over to tag Orton in. Orton taunts Cena with the destiny pose but then Batista rushes in and takes Orton down with a clothesline. The referee restrains the Animal as a furious Orton asks for Batista to be disqualified. In the midst of this squabble, John musters up the energy to roll Orton up. 1.....2..... Kick out! Cena then crawls slowly towards his corner and reluctantly rags in Batista, seconds before Orton is able to reach him.

The Animal runs in and cleans house, taking Orton down with a clothesline. Jericho runs in but gets hit with a Spinebuster and rolls out of the ring. He turns back to Orton and runs before hitting him with a Spear! Batista covers RKO, 1.....2..... Kick out again, neither team is able to capitalize. John Cena calls for a tag but instead, Batista laughs at him and puts Orton in Batista Bomb position. However, Randy twists himself out and hits the inverted headlock backbreaker. Both men are down and Batista is hurt and is forced to make the tag. He is about to reach Cena but then on the outside of the ring, Chris Jericho knocks John off the apron and starts hammering at him on the outside. However, CM Punk then runs down the apron and takes Chris Jericho, the man he will face next week, down with a roundhouse to the face. Batista motions to leave the ring to join in the commotion but then Orton spins him around and hits an RKO, before sliding out of the ring himself. Randy goes over to Punk, the man who beat him last week, and kicks him blatantly below the belt, making him fall to the ground. Jericho then pulls Batista out of the ring and hits him with a Codebreaker. John Cena tries to fight Orton and Jericho but gets overcome and is left beaten down ringside. The referee finishes his count, 8...9...10 Neither team wins!

WINNERS- DOUBLE COUNTOUT in 9:39

***COMMERCIAL***

Booker T is backstage and walks into the general manager Mike Adamle’s office.

Adamle- What is it Booker?

Booker- I wanted to see you Michael. You see, up next I have my main event match with that midget Mexican Rey Mysterio. And well, I had an idea for this match after watching Smackdown last week. I saw their general manager Vickie Guerrero give Jeff Hardy a match against the Great Khali where Jeff had to win in 5 Minutes or less. And you see Michael; this gave me an idea for my match. How about you add the rule that Rey Mysterio only has 5 minutes to try and beat me?

Adamle- I’m sorry, but what any other general managers do does not influence what I do.

Booker- Come on Michael, you don’t want the fans to think that you are the worst of the general managers.

Adamle- Well I think the fans would rather have a fair match where the two competitors go all out.

Booker- Please, the other general managers are making all these groundbreaking announcements, but what are you doing?

Adamle- So Booker, you want a groundbreaking announcement? Well I’ll make announcement that will blow you away. Tonight, your match with Rey Mysterio will be a first blood match!

Booker- But I don’t want to have a match degraded by weapons. I want to beat that scum with my bare hands!

Adamle- Well then we can compromise. The first blood rule sticks, but I’ll keep disqualifications and countouts, so you get your wish of no weapons.

Booker- Well then I’m happy Michael, I’m going to enjoy making that little scum bleed, and then going to Backlash to fight for the title that will soon be mine. Tonight Rey, I will beat you in a real man’s first blood match.

Booker walks out of the office.

***COMMERCIAL***

MATCH 7
World Heavyweight Championship Tournament
Booker T v Rey Mysterio
(Real Man’s First Blood)

The match begins with Rey using his quickness to skip around Booker and annoy him. Booker gets annoyed and repeatedly tries to grab the cruiserweight, but alas, he is not quick enough. Booker shouts in frustration and corners Mysterio. He goes to grab him but once again Rey ducks and goes around him. However, this time, Booker is prepared and sticks his leg out to the side, striking Rey in the chest with the side of his boot. Mysterio falls to the ground and Booker stomps on the back of his head, trying to get him to bleed. The referee pushes Booker back as Rey rolls onto his back, and shields his nose, which is sensitive to bleeding. Booker goes to stomp on Rey again but Mysterio rolls out of the way and ducks out of the ring. Rey holds his face in pain as Booker steps onto the apron. Rey goes to pull Booker’s feet away but he holds onto the ropes and kicks Mysterio in the face.

Booker steps off the apron to the outside and attacks Mysterio using the various parts of the ring, targeting the face and mainly nose. Mysterio does the best he can to shield his nose and he manages to stop himself from bleeding for the time being. Booker throws Rey in the ring and keeps attacking the nose, using kicks to try and stimulate bleeding. He lifts Mysterio up and lands a spinning boot side kick but there is still no blood. Booker then decides to wear Rey down some more and hits him with some power moves, trying to drain Mysterio’s energy. He hits a side slam and a spinebuster and then goes for the Bookend. He lifts Rey up for the move but Mysterio reverses it midair and hits a Tornado DDT.

Both men are down and they get up at virtually the same time. Booker goes for a shuffle boot side kick but Rey dodges. Rey goes for a tilt a whirl head scissors but Booker uses his power to throw him away. Rey manages to slowly get up via the ropes and he rests against them. Booker charges for a spear but Mysterio moves and Booker gets hung up on the middle rope. Rey then runs for the 619 but Booker moves at the last minute and Rey spins out into the ring. The luchador gets to his feet but then gets taken down with a big boot. Booker whips Rey into the corner and runs at him, but Mysterio gets his boots up and kicks him in the chest. Rey then pulls himself to being seated on the top rope and goes for the West Coast Pop, but before he can jump, Booker walks up to face Rey and puts him in the position for the Bookend. However, instead of lifting and planting Rey forward as he usually does, Booker falls backwards and turns the move into a reverse STO, sending Rey face first into the canvas. Mysterio turns over and he is bleeding from the nose, forcing the referee to ring the bell. Booker is going to Backlash, and the show ends with him celebrating in the ring.

WINNER- Booker T by EVENT in 14:54

Evil Austin

Here is my review for Raw.

Best Match -- the Gaunlet matchups; they were very good. Batista and Cena coming into the first match with a good ammount of energy hitting high impactful maneuvers and then come the second match you could tell that it took them a lot longer to pick up the win and it made their jobs a whole lot harder. When the last match came around it was close and I think it set up the PPV nicely. Good job with this one. By the way Batista cleaning house was awesome. :yes: And you wrote them coming back in the second match and early on in the last match very well; they came back like true champions.

Worst Match -- Although the Match between Rey Mysterio and Booker T was good. I think it came short compared to the Gaunlet match and I think it could have delivered a lot more after the readers are given the Gaunlet match it was like a let down after such a good match. It's like after the readers are pumped up for it the match came short of expectations. It was high energy and was good and then suddenly it's over before you know it. Both men could have gave more.

Best Promo -- Before I go onto the best one of the night I just would like to say :rofl: at Gabriel "Uh yeah...they're real." That was funny.

And also LMAO at Borash "Can I start yet." Uh yeh we are already filming. Great stuff.

But imo the promo of the night goes to Cena and Batista; it wasn't long and it didn't need to be. It was just the two rivals going into a tag team battle royal together and it was perfectly in character. It got them ready for the Gaunlet match and it set up the match nicely. Good job.

Worst Promo -- Probably the Man and Mercury one at the begining of the show. I am still confused as to what the hell is going on with that storyline but whatever. It was weak compared to others of the night.

Good show; some really good moments with the Gaunlet match and some weaker moments along with some really funny ones. Overal it was good; not one of your best but good. Hopefuly though you can give my thread a few predictions before the PPV this weekend. :eek: And Ill try and read ECW.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Raw Week 3 Review

Heat- Sounded like an okay show.

Joey Mercury promo- A nice intro promo. This was pretty good, hopefully it'll get Joey a push.

Team 3D promo- It seemed kinda weird to have them run away at the end.

Abyss/Kane vs. Cryme Tyme- Cryme Tyme kinda just got squashed. This match was good for what it was.

Melina/Katie promo- LOL at the American flag bra. The promo was pretty funny and was in character.

Mixed Tag Match- The DQ sucked, but up until then the match was going pretty well. Mixed tags have odd rules and I'd say that you made the best of it.

Punk promo- LOL at the begining of it. Borash sucks. The Punk promo was great and the attack only added to it.

Cade vs. Sabin- Some nice back and forth in this one. Cade was very heelish here. Glad to see Sabin get a win.

Cena/Batista promo- Good promo to set up for the gauntlet.

Gaultlet Match 1- Squash, simple as that. Good for what it was.

Gauntlet Match 2- Better than the first match. The minibrawl with Abyss/Kane/Mysterio/Generico was a nice touch.

Gauntlet match 3- The ending was pretty good. I'm glad that you didn't have Cena and Batista squash everybody. This was the best of the Gauntlet matches for sure.

Booker/Adamle promo- Interesting stip added to the match.

Main Event- The ending was a bit disapointing. Other than that this was a great match, but it didn't feel like a main event.

AC- A good show, but I think you've done better. This may have been a bit funnier than your past shows. Your matches seemed to be shorter which I was happy with. Short, but still good match = awesome. Thanks for the review.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Joey Mercury Promo: A nice touch with this promo, you really made some hype towards Mercury's return on Raw. Looks like Mercury is having a push here (please let it happen and not just like what happened to Hurricane Helms :()

Team 3D: LOL! Comic is right, it's pretty akward yet funny to see Team 3D leave after the Masked Murderers showed up. Oh well, sometimes, the cowards are the one who get the victory.

Masked Murderers vs. The Duggan Hypnotizers
Sorry about the title... I can't help it, at first I thought this is going to be a squash but looks like Cryme Tyme still get some momentum in the match. A good match.

Melina and the Fake English Katie Burchill
I believe you told me about this angle awhile ago and I told you I am not interested with it but now, I am going to eat what I just said, I am liking it. Good to see some storylines in the Women's Division and not just centered for the title. A nice storyline but what's up with their Backlash Match, a Bra and Panties Match???

Mixed Tag Match
A nice match but I think there's no rule in the mixed tag match where the same sexes should square off, I am not sure if Adamle did it though, a face off between the opposite genders sometimes gives some entertainment during a Mixed Tag Match.

Punk Promo: LOL at the beginning (yeah! I stole that line above me) , good promo with Punk hyping his match with Jericho next week.

Lance Cade vs. Chris Sabin
a good one on one match, there's the feel where you get happy that the face won eventhough he receives so much dirty tactics from the heel guy.

Cena and Batista Promo
a nice promo before their match, it shows some Manlihood yeah!

Gauntlet Tag Match
At first, I really thought this is going to be a squash match but then once again I am wrong. A good match to show how "manly" the two guys are. I chuckled a little at the second match where Batista and Bubba started off, this should start with a fist fight between the two where Bubba receives a black eye imo, then there I doubt that this is going to be a squash match when seeing Orton/Jericho is the next team. A good encounter between the two teams and with an unusual ending.

Booker/Adamle: A decent promo where Booker T starts whining about his match with Rey2. How ironic that he thinks his opponent is a midget but then he tries to escape from the match.

Booker T vs. Rey Mysterio
A unique match I say as we always see First Blood Match ending when the loser bleeds due to a chairshot or an exposed turnbukle. You tried to let the match a bit brawl rather than a the usual one and it really should be since it's a Physical First Blood Match. A good match to me and I think the finish is not that bad as you able to do some foreshadowing to it since the start to the match that let me think it will end due to a nose bleed.

Additional Feedbacks: Good to see another show in this thread, honestly, this is one of the WWE BTB's here that has a good concept. I say good luck with this in the future.

seX-Power

ECW Week 3 Preview
This week of ECW will be headlined by a stellar fatal 4 way match containing the 4 men on ECW who will have matches at Backlash. Two of these men are champions and the other two are challengers, but all 4 are hungry competitors and will be looking for a big win tonight. First of all there is the ECW Champion Rob Van Dam, who would be the favorite going into the match as he is the man holding ECW’s top belt. Also in the match is his challenger at Backlash, Sabu, and it is a sure bet that Sabu will viciously go after RVD in this match. Next is the Light Heavyweight Champion Kazarian, and it would certainly be a milestone in this young man’s life if he were able to knock off three big names tonight. Finally is the veteran Chavo Guerrero, and then man who will be challenging Kaz at backlash, and Guerrero wants something to brag about. Who will prevail in this epic main event? Watch to find out!

Also on ECW, the Miz and John Morrison will host their infamous interview show, the Dirt Sheet. They will be interviewing the two men they had a heated altercation with last week, Tommy Dreamer and the Sandman. Words and possibly fists will be exchanged between these two teams tonight on ECW. This all started last week where Dreamer and Sandman interrupted a display of arrogance by the Miz and John Morrison. The two cocky young stars then called the ECW Originals has beens, which they did not take too kindly to. They were then on opposite sides of an 8 man tag team match where chaos erupted, and this week, that chaos is sure to erupt again.

Christy Hemme also looks to extend her winning streak on ECW to 3 when she faces Cherry this week. The girl from the other side of the tracks has been under the radar on Smackdown recently, and for one match she has come to ECW to try her luck at upsetting the dominant Hemme? Will she succeed, or will she be yet another victim Christy Hemme and her brutal slap?

Another match announced for tonight is an extreme rules match tonight between Mark Henry and Finlay. Over the last two weeks these two men have clashed along with Kevin Steen and Chris Harris, but now they go at it one on one, to prove who is the most dominant. They have the chance to go extreme, and we can get ready for one hell of a fight here on ECW!

Announced Matches

Mark Henry v Finlay

Christy Hemme v Cherry

Chavo Guerrero v Sabu v Rob Van Dam v Kazarian