WWE 2009- Fast Forward to Future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer

BM - Main Event. Good match. Real good match. Cold have been longer, as could all matches, but this was the best. Some good spots, and it was not a cluster fuck. Nice work.

WM - Christy Hemme vs. Tiffany. 'Nuff said. It was a short women's match. Nothing really enjoyable about it.

BP - The opener was the best. Kazarian should be a good addition to the roster. I will look out for him. Feud with Chavo?

WP - I agree with HFH again, Sabu Talking? No no.

AC - It was a good show. Your matches need to be longer and I suggest you check out some promos on Youtube, to keep characters more in character. You are one for the future, I can smell it. Check out UWA, WarZone Part 1 is up.

seX-Power

Smackdown Week 1 Preview

As announced on Raw, both General Managers had agreed on deciding their brand’s world champions through 8-Man tournaments. The tournament has begun on Raw and now it is scheduled to begin on Smackdown as well. In a match for deciding the next WWE Champion, Triple H will take on The Big Show to advance to the next round. Can Triple H overcome the World’s Largest Athlete?

The Hardy Boys reunite on Smackdown as Matt and Jeff have a shot at the WWE Tag Team Championship. They will take on the current champions, the team of The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel. Can they add one last tag title reign to their careers, or will the dominant champs prevail once again, and ruin this reunion?

Speaking of the tag team titles, a match is scheduled to find the number one contender on Smackdown. In a fatal 4-way tag team match, The Canadian Bulldogs take on Jesse and Festus, The Latin American Xchange and the team of Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder. Out of these four teams, who will win and have a chance to take on the WWE Tag Team Champions, whether it is the Hardy Boys or The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel after tonight?

In tag team action, Edge and Shelton Benjamin will take on Christian Cage and Mr Kennedy. These 4 men are all looking for opportunity and with a WWE Championship tournament being held on Smackdown, they will be looking to win this match and gain momentum. This also marks the first time in 5 years that brothers Edge and Christian will be in the same ring together, so who will come out on top and make themselves a name on Smackdown?

Last night at Wrestlemania, MVP won an 8-Man ladder match to become Mr Money in the Bank. He now has a shot at any world title in the WWE. However, General Manager Vickie Guerrero has ruled that he can only cash his briefcase in against another person, meaning he can not utilize the vacant WWE title and steal it. What will MVP say to these orders on Smackdown, and what will he want for compensation to what he calls an outrage?

United States champion R-Truth also competed in the MITB match, but he was on the losing side, as MVP pushed him off the ladder, seconds before he claimed the briefcase for himself. What will R-Truth have to say to his former rival, and will the United States title that Truth holds come into play?

In divas action, Divas champion Torrie Wilson is set to have a match but there is no news as to who she will be facing or teaming with, or what kind of match she will be in. On the WWE’s website, Natalya issued a challenge to the top Smackdown diva, and look to see if Natalya will somehow be involved with Torrie’s match. Who will Torrie face and what will she have to say to Natalya? Watch to see!

Announced Matches

Edge +Shelton Benjamin v Mr Kennedy +Christian Cage

Curt Hawkins +Zack Ryder v Jesse +Festus v The Canadian Bulldogs v The Latin American Xchange

The Brian Kendrick +Ezekiel v The Hardy Boys

The Big Show v Triple H

Evil Austin

Curt Hawkins +Zack Ryder v Jesse +Festus v The Canadian Bulldogs v The Latin American Xchange

The Big Show v Triple H

Looks good, Ill drop a review in.

Moonlight Drive

E-C-Dub Review
A little late, but anyway :eek:

BM: The Main Event easily. Great Hardcore match with some wicked spots and both teams coming off well. Van Terminator=For the fucking win.

WM: As has been pointed out, Tiffany vs Christy. Easily.

BP: Everybody seems to be on the same page with this show, Kaz takes the cake.

WP: Ugh, Sabu. Ugh.

AC: Good show, I think your matches are a good length at the moment. :laugh2: @ Harris, should've stayed as Braden Walker. ECW looks to be a nice fun show with a good mix of styles, I'll try and catch the next one.

---

Smackdown! Predictions

Kennedy loses and gets instant released.

Pwnage.

They're the men with the plan~!

The Big Show v Triple H
Backstage pull, backstage pull.

SD seems to have a very solid tag division, something I wish it had IRL. I'll check this show out :y:

The Rated R CMStar

I'll add this BTB to the ones on my reviewing list:

The Big Show v Triple H

seX-Power

Velocity Results

MATCH 1
Shantelle Taylor +Maria def. Alicia Fox +Layla
(Tag Team)

MATCH 2
Curt Hawkins def, Homicide & Jesse & DH Smith
(Fatal 4-Way)

MATCH 3
Big Daddy V def. Funaki +Deuce +Colin Delaney
(1 on 3 Handicap)

MATCH 4
Chavo Guerrero +Gregory Helms +Maryse def. Jimmy Wang Yang +Shannon Moore +Cherry
(6 Person Mixed Tag)

Smackdown Week 1

JR- Welcome all of you, to Friday Night Smackdown!
Foley- Yes, it’s the first Smackdown of the wrestling year and blood is set to boil with the aftermath of Wrestlemania.
JR- The tournament for the WWE Championship begins tonight and it will parallel the one taking place on Raw.
Foley- So, without further ado, let’s get stuck into it.
JR- Here enters the Rated R Superstar.

Edge walks down to the ring with a microphone.

Edge- So it’s the first Smackdown after Wrestlemania 25… twenty-five, the big two-five. It was the Wrestlemania where Edge single handedly pinned his long time rival Mr Kennedy. Now hopefully Ken knows not to interfere with Edge’s matches anymore. He can think about that at home resting his bruises. So, after I make Smackdown proud, I get here and the general manager tells me I have a tag team match. My opposition, well, one half of my opposition is Mr Kennedy who I am surprised to see competing or even standing up after the beating I gave him last night. However, the other half of my opposition is somebody I know very well, yes, we go way back. The other half of my opposition tonight is my own brother, Christian. Rest assured you will not need to see us go at it tonight as I’m sure nobody wants a family feud. So don’t even bother trying to get me in the ring with him, because it’s not going to happen. Instead, I’m sure my partner will handle my affairs tonight, and my partner tonight is none other than Shelton Benjamin!

Benjamin’s music plays and he slowly walks down to the ring.

Shelton- Well Edge, I don’t know about doing your dirty work tonight, but I do know that we will win our match. Kennedy, he ain’t got nothing on me, I mean, he couldn’t even beat you. And your brother, you wont need to face him, because there will be nothing left to face after I destroy him tonight in the ring.

Edge- Are you implying-

Shelton- I am implying that we will predominantly prevail tonight, and that there ain’t no stopping me n-

Christian Cage’s music plays and he and Kennedy stand on the stage.

Kennedy- Noooo! You see, Shelton, I wouldn’t be so cocky because, well, I can’t remember the last time you actually did anything here in the WWE.

Shelton- Excuse me, but I am a former-

Christian- You are the former and currently reigning top douche bag of Smackdown. Seriously, the only thing that makes people care about you is your hair, and that is only because people want to shave it off. You actually might be more successful as the Bald Standard. But all jokes aside, tonight’s match is personal. Edge, when was the last time we were in a ring together, was it five years ago? We may share the same blood, but your blood is tainted, your blood is black. I’ll take it upon myself to restore our family some pride. And you're not gonna be able to stop me, cause that’s how I roll!

JR- This will be the first time in 5 years that there two brothers have been in the same ring and it’s happening here on Smackdown!
Foley- The tension will explode, I can’t wait.
JR- We start things off here with a tag team match.

MATCH 1
(Tag Team)

Benjamin and Kennedy begin in the ring, and they circle each other. Kennedy talks some smack and shouts his name, but Benjamin lands a cheap punch to his jaw. Benjamin then clubs him in the back of the head, before kneeing him in the gut. He whips Kennedy into the ropes and goes for a lariat, but Kennedy ducks under and runs back, only to be hit with a hard elbow and sent to the floor. Benjamin smirks and taunts Kennedy by shouting his name, before tagging Edge in. Edge stomps on him, before kicking him in the back, causing him to cringe in pain. He lifts Kennedy up and pushes him into the turnbuckle. He hits a few punches to the cornered Kennedy, before whipping him into the opposite turnbuckle and hitting a corner spear. Edge covers, 1…..2….. Kennedy gets his hand on the ropes. Edge picks him up and whips him into his own corner. He runs and hits a flying elbow to his jaw, before tagging in Benjamin. Benjamin uppercuts Kennedy in the mouth before landing a spinning jawbreaker. He picks up Kennedy and pushes him to his waist, before picking him up and delivering a powerbomb, sending Kennedy’s back straight into the turnbuckle. He covers him, 1…..2….. Kennedy kicks out, and Benjamin is livid, and he kicks him in the head. He then puts Kennedy in a sleeper hold, draining the blood from his head. Kennedy stays strong though and fights to his feet, but then Shelton lands a snapmare while keeping Kennedy in the hold. Kennedy really appears to be fading as he is on his knees and drooping. The referee notices this and raises Kennedy’s hand but it falls to the ground. He raises it again but it too falls after a brief attempt at holding it up. The referee raises it a third time, but the hand stays in the air! Kennedy then drops to the ground and wraps his arm around Shelton, hitting him with a huge stunner! Kennedy and Benjamin both fall to the ground and they crawl towards their tag team partners. Christian Cage is tagged in but when Edge sees this, he refuses to tag Benjamin in. Cage looks frustrated but he starts the offense on Benjamin, kicking him in the stomach before delivering a DDT. He picks Shelton up and punches him hard in the face, before backing him into a corner. He mounts himself on the turnbuckle, and hits ten hard punches to the face of Benjamin. He smiles and taunts Benjamin before hopping off. He turns around, only to be caught by a huge Spear from Edge. After this illegal move, the referee herds Edge off while Benjamin struggles over to cover Christian. 1…..2….. Cage musters a kick out. Edge suddenly waves his hand out madly and Benjamin manages to tag him in. Edge rushes to Cage and stomps on him many times before dropping a knee on his kidneys. Edge then hooks Christian’s leg and twists around, putting him in the Edgecator. Cage fights the submission, but Edge then drags him into the middle of the ring. He lifts his arm up to tap, but then stops, suddenly turning over and kicking Edge off him. Edge quickly rushes back to him, but he takes a boot to the stomach, followed by a leg sweep, all while Christian is lying on the ground. The brothers get up simultaneously and go for clotheslines, and they both take each other down at the same time. Then they both decide against further battle and reach for tags. Shelton and Kennedy are then tagged in and run in. Kennedy takes him down with a lariat before hitting another after he gets up. He whips Shelton but is pulled through and is whipped himself. Shelton bends over for a back body drop but Kennedy reads it and stops, before kicking Shelton in the face. However, his foot is grabbed by Benjamin. He momentarily hops on one leg before raising the other and kicking Benjamin in the face with a Spinning Dragon. He covers, 1…..2….. Benjamin kicks out. Kennedy gets up and goes for the Mic Check, but Shelton pushes him off and goes for the Paydirt, but that too is reversed. Kennedy hits Shelton with a European Uppercut before throwing him into the turnbuckle. He walks over and places Shelton on top, before ascending the turnbuckle himself. He picks up Shelton for the Green Bay Plunge, but then Edge runs across the apron and punches Kennedy in the face, causing him to drop Shelton onto the apron below. Christian then runs in and knocks Edge off the apron, before hitting a Springboard Frog Splash to the outside, to many cheers from the crowd. In the ring, Kennedy goes for the Kenton Bomb, but Benjamin gets up after the long delay and runs at the turnbuckle, before jumping up with one swift leap. He goes for the Exploder Suplex off the top, but Kennedy hooks his head and smashes it into the top of the corner post. He then picks him up onto his shoulders and jumps down, hitting the Green Bay Plunge. Christian slides back into the ring as Kennedy covers, 1…..2…..3

WINNERS- Mr Kennedy +Christian Cage by PINFALL in 13:44

Foley- Wow, we just witnessed an electric match there to start off Smackdown with a bang!
JR- Edge wanted nothing to do with Christian for most of that match; it looks like a rivalry will be apparent here.
Foley- Jim, we will see in due time how this turns out.

***COMMERCIAL***

Josh Matthews is backstage with the Big Show.

Matthews- So, how does-

Show- It feels absolutely great to be getting the recognition I finally deserve. I beat everyone Smackdown threw at me and I even had to rub the boss the right way, but what I have done has paid off.

Matthews- Now I under-

Show- That’s right, this is the first time that I have gotten a shot at the WWE title in months, and it has been a long time coming. I don’t care how I have to get to that title, whether it is a tournament, elimination chamber, or a Blue reverse battle royale. I don’t fight for the right, I fight for me. And trust me, I will prevail and walk out of tonight’s main event one step closer to being WWE Champion. And Triple H… well he better watch himself.

Foley- Big Show acted almost too confident there.
JR- You can’t underestimate the Game, Mick.

MATCH 2
The Great Khali v James Curtis
(Single)

Curtis cowers as Khali menacingly glares at him. Ranjin Singh calls him over at the ropes and whispers to Khali. While he is distracted there, Curtis uses the opportunity to start hammering away on Khali. He hits a flurry of punches, but then Khali uses his strength to throw Curtis half way across the ring. Khali runs for a clothesline but Curtis runs under his arm, before bouncing off the opposite ropes and hitting a missile dropkick. The blow does not faze Khali and when Curtis gets back up, he takes a huge chop to the head. Khali then menacingly glares at Curtis, before picking him up and throwing him into the corner turnbuckle. Curtis falls to the floor as Khali hits him with a brutal leg drop. He cockily puts one foot on him for the pin. 1…..2….. The referee stops counting as Curtis has his hand on the rope. Khali is outraged and stomps on Curtis’ head. He then pulls him to his knees, and clasps his huge hands around his head. Curtis is powerless to resist and quickly succumbs to the submission by passing out. The referee calls for the bell as Khali picks Curtis up and delivers a huge Khali Bomb to him.

WINNER- The Great Khali by KNOCKOUT in 2:19

JR- The poor kid, he had no chance.
Foley- Khali just decimated him.
JR- Yes, the towering Indian showed no remorse tonight.

***COMMERCIAL***

MATCH 3
Number One Contender to the WWE Tag Team Championship
Curt Hawkins +Zack Ryder v Homicide +Hernandez v DH Smith +TJ Wilson v Jesse +Festus
(Fatal 4-Way Tag Team)

DH Smith, Homicide, Zack Ryder and Festus begin in the ring. They all stay in their respective corners but then the bell rings and Festus goes mental, taking out all three other legal participants. He even goes as far as to knock Curt Hawkins off the apron. Zack Ryder gets annoyed at this and comes behind Festus, low blowing the corn fed colossus. Festus falls to the ground, as Ryder tags Hawkins in, who stomps on Festus. Homicide and DH Smith lock up, and Smith gets the upper hand, forcing Homicide to his knees before clotheslining him to the floor. Hawkins then tries to pick up Festus, but he reverses it into a body slam and he throws Hawkins right onto Homicide. He tags in Jesse who hits Hawkins and Homicide with a springboard leg drop coming off the apron. Jesse gets up but it immediately hit with a quick back suplex from DH Smith. Smith moves over to the recovering Jesse and hooks his arm behind his leg, placing him into a standing abdominal stretch. They are next to the ropes, but Jesse is facing inside the ring and he only has one free hand. He attempts to reach at the ropes, but he can’t and gives up. He fades but then Smith suddenly releases the hold and an oncoming and tagged in Hernandez clotheslines Jesse over the rope accidentally, taking himself with him. TJ Wilson is tagged in, and he immediately focuses on the wounded Hawkins. He picks him up, and Irish whips him into the turnbuckle, TJ the runs and goes for a splash. Hawkins dodges, but then in one swift motion, Wilson pulls himself onto the top turnbuckle using his already outstretched arms. Hawkins then turns around, and is hit by a huge missile dropkick from TJ Wilson covers, 1…..2….. It is broken up by Hernandez, who has re-entered the ring. Hernandez throws Wilson off Hawkins and he goes and tags in DH. In the meantime, Jesse attempts to get back into the ring but Zack Ryder jumps off the apron and slams him into the barricade, sending him falling back to the ground. In response to this, Festus charges at Ryder on the outside, but as he is running he is hit with a drop toe hold, sending his face and chest right into the steel steps! Ryder then gets back on the apron before being tagged in after Hawkins pokes Hernandez in the eye. Hernandez composes himself, and in a furious rampage, delivers a clothesline to Ryder and then a massive spear to Smith, sending him rolling out of the ring. Hawkins then runs at him, but he is hit with a lariat as well. Hernandez tags in Homicide, who turns around to find TJ Wilson flying at him with a springboard lariat. He thinks quickly and moves forwards, grabbing TJ mid-air and hitting him with a running spinebuster! Homicide covers with Hernandez guarding him, 1…..2….. Ryder sneaks past Hernandez and breaks it up. Hernandez then notices Ryder, picks him up and goes for a powerslam, but he slips off his back and dropkicks the big man over the top rope. Hawkins then enters the ring, but gets hit with an elbow from Homicide. Homicide goes for an Irish whip but Hawkins reverses it into a whip of his own, and Homicide is sent right into a DDT from Ryder. They celebrate, but when they turn around they see a furious Festus standing in the ring. The corn fed colossus delivers a double clothesline, before running for another. He hits Hawkins but Ryder dodges backwards and uses Festus momentum against him, hitting a flapjack. He is about to cover him, but out of nowhere Jesse has recovered and is on the top rope. He jumps and hits a diving fame asser on Ryder, before springing off the opposite ropes and hitting a seated senton on Hawkins. Jesse covers Ryder, 1…..2….. Ryder kicks out, but then DH Smith boots Jesse in the face, busting him open, and rolls him out of the ring. Smith picks up Ryder and places him on his shoulder. He then measures his distance, before crushing Ryder with a running powerslam. He covers, 1…..2….. Hernandez breaks it up, before picking him up and Border Tossing him right off the apron and to the outside, right onto Festus. Homicide also enters the ring, but Hernandez alerts him to TJ Wilson who is on the apron. Wilson jumps, facing the crowd and aims for a huge back elbow on Homicide. Homicide however ducks a bit and turns around, and Hernandez lifts Wilson slightly, allowing Homicide to amazingly turn the move into a Cop Killa. Hernandez launches a suicide dive at a recovering Hawkins and Ryder on the outside as Homicide covers Wilson. 1…..2…..3 The LAX win!

WINNERS- Homicide +Hernandez by PINFALL in 15:13

JR- So from the chaos that was there in that match, the LAX were the ones that came out victorious.
Foley- Men were flying everywhere in that match.
JR- And this means we will see the Latin American Xchange take on The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel at Backlash.
Foley- I am already eagerly anticipating that match, JR.

***COMMERCIAL***

Triple H is walking backstage when he sees Jeff Hardy tying up his bootlaces, so he goes to talk to him.

HHH- Hey, Jeff, are you getting ready for your tag title match tonight? Hope it goes well for you and your bro.

Hardy- Yeah, Matt and I are hoping to make this Hardy Boys reunion a successful one. And good luck for you too in your match with the Big Show in the championship tournament.

HHH- Thanks, I look forward to seeing you in the tournament as well. But if we ever do cross paths, don’t expect me to show any mercy. I don’t care who you are or what you do. On order to receive the WWE title that is rightfully mine, I will beat you.

Hardy- Don’t worry there is no need to worry about me. In the same way you can’t fear a hurricane, you may as well not fear me because I will prevail, and nobody can change that fact. What I want here on Smackdown is the WWE title, and the tag titles are just the icing on the cake. From now on, I will not settle for second best, and once everything is said and done, and the championship tournament is over, I will be the WWE Cha-

Jeff is suddenly attacked from behind by the Great Khali. Khali beats Hardy down until HHH makes the save and separates Khali from Jeff, before pushing him into the wall of the corridor. Khali falls forward, before Jeff gives him a huge Twist of Fate! Khali rolls out of view and away from the screen.

HHH- What was that about?

Hardy- I honestly don’t know, maybe I am a marked man. I wouldn’t be surprised that as I am who everybody wants to be on Smackdown.

HHH- Were you the man who fought in the main event of Wrestlemania 25 last night?

Hardy- No, but I wasn’t the man who lost either.

Triple H goes to punch Hardy, but instead stops himself.

HHH- Lets keep our issues to ourselves and settle them in the ring, we have matches tonight, and we can worry about them.

Hardy- Sure man, but don’t forget, I will be champion.

Jeff holds out his hand and HHH shakes it, smirking. Hardy then walks off and HHH turns to leave, but he is clocked out of nowhere by a huge punch from the Big Show, almost knocking him out. Show laughs and walks off happy with himself.

Foley- What the hell was going on back there?
JR- First we saw some tension between Jeff Hardy and Triple H, and the Khali interfered, although he was quickly taken care of, which doesn’t usually happen to the 7 ½ footer.
JR- It just shows how tough Jeff Hardy is.
Foley- And don’t forget Triple H, if he wasn’t there then Hardy would have been done for.
JR- I guess the Game was trying to send a message to the Big Show for their match tonight.
Foley- But the Big Show got the last laugh with that KO punch.
JR- Gee, I’m confused.

MATCH 4
Natalya +Victoria v Torrie Wilson +Michelle McCool
(Tag Team)

Victoria and Michelle begin in the ring, and they lock arms. Victoria uses her size and power advantage to force Michelle to her knees. She then slaps Michelle in the face and pulls her hair, throwing her by it across the ring. This illegal move angers the ref, who argues with Victoria. While she is distracted, Michelle dropkicks Victoria in the back before hitting a one handed bulldog for a quick count. Torrie Wilson is tagged in and the Diva’s champion drops an elbow on Victoria before running and knocking Natalya off the apron. Torrie picks Victoria up, but she gets thrown into the ropes. She rests against the ropes, until Natalya pulls her downwards, sending her springing into a lariat by Victoria, who tags Natalya in afterwards. Natalya puts the champ in a camel clutch and hooks Torrie’s arms. Torrie screams from the pressure but she manages to wriggle one of her arms free and hit Natalya in the face with her forearm, causing her to break the hold. Natalya picks up the leg of Torrie, but she uses her free leg to kick her away. Torrie struggles to her feet but is met with a cross hand strike from Natalya, who tags Victoria in. Victoria goes to hit Torrie in the jaw, but the champ blocks the punch and hits a Tornado DDT out of nowhere. She crawls over to her corner, and tags in Michelle, who grabs the heel of Victoria and hooks it into her submission finisher. Victoria fights the hold, but then Natalya comes in and kicks Michelle off her. Torrie Wilson then runs in and goes for the Nose Job on Natalya, but she blocks it and throws Wilson over the top rope. Natalya gets back on the apron before Victoria tags her in. She gets in the ring and immediately applies the Sharpshooter to Michelle, making her tap out at once.

WINNERS- Natalya +Victoria by SUBMISSION in 5:50

Foley- Wow, Natalya just proved how dominant she really is.
JR- Torrie better watch out, if she accepts that challenge that is.
Foley- I would be reluctant to, knowing how good Natalya is.
JR- Now now, you know that the Champion is not one to back down.
Foley- True, but maybe now she’s met her match.

***COMMERCIAL***

MVP gets in the ring with a microphone in hand.

MVP- People please, calm down. I know you are all excited to see me here, but I have more important matters to tend to than you. Vickie Guerrero for one, who do you think you are? I beat seven other superstars at the granddaddy of them all, Wrestlemania. And I don’t even get to cash in my new shiny briefcase? How does that work, are you discriminating? Are you that stupid as to not give me the WWE Championship? I carry this brand, and for three years I have been Smackdown’s MVP. Even the stupid hicks in the crowd know that I, Montel Vontavious Porter, should be the WWE Champion.

Vickie Guerrero’s music plays and she walks onto the ramp.

Vickie- MVP, who do you think you are? You barge out into the ring and starts badmouthing me? What are you doing, are you crazy?

MVP- I’m not crazy, I am-

Vickie- Don’t cut me off again or you’ll be fired. Now there is one thing I can be gracious about and that is the fact that you brought this briefcase to Smackdown and gave it some pride. That, along with the Smackdown versus Raw match, really put Smackdown in front.

MVP- You’re wrong, I alone put Smackdown in front.

Vickie- Arguable as that may be, I’m going to give you something to smile about by placing you in the WWE Championship tournament.

MVP- That’s what I like to hear, Vickie. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’d like to pack my bags and leave so I can go train for my big match.

Vickie- Montel, there’s no need to leave, or even get out of the ring, because your match is now!

MVP- So this is how you reward me, with an impromptu match?

Vickie- Yes and it will be against the United States Champion R-Truth, with the winner advancing in the tournament!

Foley- MVP doesn’t know how to feel right now. He can’t cash in his briefcase on the vacant title, but got a spot in the tournament.
JR- And it’s against his long time rival, R-Truth!

MATCH 5
WWE Championship Tournament
MVP v R-Truth
(Single)

The bell rings as MVP stretches his wrists, and mocks Truth. Truth responds with a loud ‘What’s Up?’ call which the crowd replies to. They lock up in the centre and MVP takes control with a snapmare. Truth gets back up and goes for a punch, but MVP blocks it and hits another snapmare, this time continuing the headlock. Truth tries to get back to his feet, but MVP pulls his head back and slams it into the ground, before kicking him viciously. MVP sets up for an early drive by kick, but as he lunges with his boot, Truth moves out of the way and MVP gets his leg hung up awkwardly on the bottom rope. As MVP begins to unhook his leg, Truth runs at him but the ropes are pulled down and Truth falls over the top rope. MVP then goes under the ropes onto the apron but he forgets his leg is still tangled, and he trips over, falling right onto Truth on the floor below. Both men are down on the outside and the referee counts. 1…2…3…4… MVP gets to his knees. 5…6…7… R-Truth gets to his knees as well. 8… MVP gets up completely and he throws Truth into the ring before slipping in himself. MVP goes to attack Truth, but he suddenly gets up and tackles MVP to the ground. The two brawl and roll around, punching and elbowing each other in the face. The referee orders them to separate, and they do, but as they get up MVP boots Truth in the chest while the referee is subduing him. The ref warns MVP, who shrugs him off and goes over to Truth, who is difficultly getting to his feet. MVP hits Truth with a lariat to the back of the head, bending him over. From there, MVP hooks his leg around Truth’s neck and goes for the Playmaker, but it is reversed into a leg drag take down. Truth then gets up while holding his neck and grabs MVP’s hurt leg. He then twists it around and locks in a half Boston crab. The hold wears down the leg of MVP but Truth then twists his leg back around so MVP is on his back again. He then lets go for a second before leaping and hitting the Scissor Spin on the injured knee! Truth picks up the leg and hooks it into a pin. 1…..2….. MVP uses his healthy leg to kick Truth away and off the pin. Truth gets back up and so does MVP, but he buckles under his knee, allowing Truth to take control and hit a leg lariat. He picks MVP up for a vertical suplex, and goes to continue it into a cutter, but MVP shifts his weight and counters it into a reverse DDT. Both men get up very wearily and tiredly, and MVP needs to use the ropes for support. He walks over to Truth and shoves him. Truth retaliates with an attempted shove but MVP grabs his hands and pulls him into the turnbuckle. He then runs for the Playa’s Boot but his bad leg stumbles along the way and Truth capitalizes with a lariat. He picks MVP up and nails him with a German Suplex. He then picks him up and kicks him in the gut to bend him over. Truth then bounces off the ropes to attempt the Scissor Spin, but before he can, MVP quickly jumps at him and whips him into the corner, before quickly doing a limped run and hitting him with the Playa’s Boot. Truth’s head makes contact with the post and he collapses to the ground. MVP covers, 1…..2….. Truth gets his foot onto the bottom rope. MVP is extremely angry and goes crazy, booting Truth in the face repeatedly. He goes for the Drive by Kick but can’t run very well and trips over. He uses the ropes to regain his balance but when he goes to pick up Truth, he takes a punch to the abdomen. Truth hits him again and gets up before hitting a heel kick to the bad knee of MVP. He gasps in pain, as a dropkick hits him in the same area. MVP doubles over under the pain of his leg and R-Truth uses the opportunity to bounce off the ropes to go for the Scissor Spin. He jumps, but apparently MVP is playing possum as at the last second he moves and as R-Truth’s legs hit the ground he rolls them up with a handful of tights. 1…..2…..3 MVP wins and also progresses in the tournament!

WINNER- MVP by PINFALL in 12:39

Foley- What a fitting climax to that rivalry, JR.
JR- MVP played possum to gain the sneaky win.
Foley- There’s nothing wrong with that.
JR- True, and now he progresses in the tournament.

***COMMERCIAL***

The Brian Kendrick walks down to the ring with Ezekiel by his side.

Kendrick- I want to address a few current issues so let’s have a little shut up and listen shall we? Now, first of all, I just thought that I would point out that my man Zeke and I are the current WWE Tag Team Champions here on Smackdown. And that, if I am not mistaken, makes me a three time champion. Now, even if you are all dumber than us, you can all still realize that this is an accomplishment that the whole locker room can be envious of.

Ezekiel- The whole WWE roster is jealous of us.

Kendrick- True they are, but I’ll get to the point. You see, after almost two whole months of looking glamorous in these titles, it seems Vickie Guerrero had to make a match to find a team to be the number one contenders. Now me and my man, we intently watched this match earlier on Smackdown, and we gotta say, the best team won. It’s just a pity that even the best team out of four contenders can not even hold a candle to the champions. The Latin American Xchange, now these guys have partnered together for quite a while. Apparently they were a pretty feared tag team outside of the WWE, but that doesn’t mean that they can mingle with the big guys here on Smackdown.

Ezekiel- They can’t even touch us!

Kendrick- No they can’t, and that’s why we have brought the prestige back to these titles. What, you may say that the tag division of Smackdown is forgotten? Well, rest assured, me and Zeke will put it back onto the map. And now, onto our second issue which is one that we will confront very soon. You see, finding number one contenders were not enough for Vickie and apparently she needed to make us put our titles on the line as well. Now, our challengers are the Hardy Boys, who will be reuniting for tonight only unless they happen to win the titles… which they won’t. Jeff and Matt are brothers which means they know each other front to back and can read each other in a match like a book. But all that experience won’t help them tonight. Me and my man, we are the blueprint of a tag team. We have the perfect blend of speed and strength with an award winning look to top it all off. I don’t blame the Hardys if they are scared right now, I mean, who wouldn’t be-

Matt Hardy’s music plays and he and Jeff walk down to the ring.

Matt- You have got to be kidding me. Us, scared? Do you honestly think that we are scared of you? Even ‘your man’ Ezekiel can’t intimidate us. We know what we are capable of and we know that we are capable of beating you two tonight for the titles.

Jeff- We know that we will beat you two tonight for the titles!

Kendrick- That’s cute, you pushovers honestly think you can beat us. Wow, you’re about as stupid as you are talent less and unworthy.

Jeff- You think that we are the pushovers? What have you two done as WWE Tag Team Champions? We all saw you win those titles; we all saw that chair shot. Jesse and Festus were proud champions and you couldn’t beat them so you had to cheat. I hardly consider that a title run worthy of praising?

Matt- And what have you exactly done since winning the titles? Oh you won in your rematch; well you cheated in that too! And that was over a month ago, and you haven’t even defended your titles since then. Maybe you have forgotten what competition means, well guess what, if that is the case then we’re gonna remind you!

Ezekiel- Enough of this banter, do you think you can take us? Then take us in the ring and not on the microphone. Let’s get this squash over with!

JR- Cockiness shown by the champions there, how dare they.
Foley- They’re the champions JR, they can afford to be cocky.
JR- Well let’s see if they can back up their words.

MATCH 6
WWE Tag Team Championship
The Brian Kendrick +Ezekiel © v Jeff Hardy +Matt Hardy
(Tag Team)

The Hardys high five each other at the apron but Ezekiel clubs Matt in the back of the head and the match officially starts. Ezekiel picks up Matt and throws him across the ring onto the mat where he holds his back in pain. Ezekiel then picks up Hardy and throws into his own corner, where Kendrick punches him in the back. Ezekiel runs straight into the corner and clotheslines Matt, before tagging his partner. Kendrick and Ezekiel double team Matt, simultaneously kicking him, before Ezekiel raises him for a flapjack and Kendrick connects Hardy with a jumping roundhouse kick mid-air. Zeke steps back on the apron as Kendrick applies a head scissors submission on Hardy. Kendrick tightens his legs around the head and neck of Hardy but Hardy manages to stand up. Still applying the submission, Kendrick goes for a hurricanrana, but Matt reverses it by grabbing Kendrick’s arms and hitting a Styles Clash. Matt then keeps Kendrick in the position, before sitting up abruptly, sling-shooting Kendrick into the turnbuckle. Hardy then gets up and hits the corner clothesline, before hitting the bulldog and tagging in Jeff in the process. Jeff immediately springs off the ropes and lands a leg drop to Kendrick. He covers, 1…..2….. Ezekiel breaks up the count. Jeff dropkicks him, but Ezekiel shrugs off the blow. He then picks up Jeff and throws him into his own corner, knocking Matt off the apron. As the referee is busy shepherding him out of the ring, Kendrick takes the covering off the turnbuckle and smashes Jeff’s head into it. As Jeff recovers, blood begins to drip from his forehead and Kendrick lands a dropkick to the back of his head in the corner. He rolls Jeff up as he falls backward. 1…..2….. Jeff kicks out, to the anger of Kendrick who tags Ezekiel in, telling him to finish the job. Ezekiel picks Hardy up, before locking him in a sleeper. Hardy can’t fight off the sleeper and begins to fade. The referee checks to see if he can still compete and raises his arm. The first time, it almost instantly falls to the ground, and the second time there is no improvement. The referee is about to check the final time, but then an ‘Aaah’ is heard from the turnbuckle. A furious Matt Hardy has recovered from being knocked to the floor and delivers and elbow to the back of Ezekiel’s head. The Kendrick comes to save his partner and goes for a lariat on Hardy but it is reversed into a Side Effect. He gets back onto the apron, and Jeff crawls to the ropes and pulls himself to his feet. Matt climbs to the top rope, while Jeff crawls back to the body of Brian Kendrick. Matt does the V1 taunt and hits the diving leg drop as Jeff hits the split leg drop and it is Poetry in Motion. Matt rolls out of the ring but then Ezekiel spins Jeff around. He goes to pick Jeff up but Jeff spins around to behind his back and when he turns around he hits the Twist of Fate on Ezekiel! He is about to cover him but then the Great Khali’s music plays and he runs down to the ring, before booting Matt Hardy in the face and delivering a Khali Bomb to him on the outside. Jeff then rushes to his brothers’ aid and launches himself over the top rope. However, Khali moves out of the way and Jeff crashes and burns. Khali rolls him into the ring where Ezekiel just manages to drape an arm over him. 1….. Kendrick also jumps onto the pin, adding his own weight, oblivious to the referee, 2…..3 The tag champs retain!

WINNERS- The Brian Kendrick +Ezekiel by PINFALL in 10:04

JR- Khali again? What is he targeting Jeff Hardy for?
Foley- Maybe he has beef with him JR. Who knows?
JR- And then the cheating at the end. What a sickening way to retain the titles.
Foley- They’re just resourceful JR, that’s all.
JR- Nevertheless I am not pleased.

***COMMERCIAL***

MATCH 7
WWE Championship Tournament
The Big Show v Triple H
(Single)

Triple H looks up at Show and catches him with a quick punch to the jaw, catching him off guard. Triple H then catches Show with some more punches and then an uppercut. The Big Show regains his balance and goes to fight back against HHH, but he blocks it and thumbs Show in the eye. HHH tries to get in control with a knee lift, but Show grabs him and pushes him across the ring. He then runs right into Triple H and hits him with a body charge, sending him to the ground. HHH slowly gets to his feet, and Show goes for a clothesline, but HHH moves and he falls into the turnbuckle. HHH then runs at Show, but he is caught and then slammed into the corner. The Big Show then hits a splash in the corner before standing in front of HHH. Show then motions for the crowd to be quiet, before delivering a massive open handed chop to the chest of HHH that is heard throughout the arena. HHH slumps down to a sitting position, and Show mudhole stomps him. He keeps hitting HHH’s throat with his massive boot so the referee orders him to get off him. Triple H sinks to the ground, and Show steps on his chest with the large boot. He presses all his weight on HHH before the ref counts to make him stop the illegal move, 1…2…3… Show steps off, but once more stomps on HHH’s ribs before backing away. Triple H pulls himself weakly to his feet, but the Show charges at him. He runs, but the ropes are pulled down, sending him to the outside. HHH then rolls out of the ring and walks to Show but the world’s largest athlete runs him into the apron. He then picks him up in a bearhug, and runs him into the ringpost. He rolls him into the ring so he is hanging over the apron, and drops an elbow on his overhanging upper body, sending him crashing upwards like a slingshot into the ropes in the ring, and bouncing back, landing awkwardly. Show rolls back into the ring and covers HHH. 1…..2….. HHH gets his hand on the ropes. The Big Show gets up and outstretches his arm, signaling for the Chokeslam. He waits for him to get up, and grabs his throat. He raises him into the air, but his arm is batted away, and HHH uses the opportunity to hit a spinebuster. Both men are sprawled out in the ring so the referee begins to count, 1…2…3… Both men begin to stir. 4…5…6…7… They get to their knees. 8…9… Both men are up, and they go at it in the centre of the ring. They trade punches, and Show goes for a headbutt but it is reversed into a jawbreaker. HHH approaches the winded Big Show, but is then almost KOed by a huge right hand. HHH is almost unconscious on the floor, but instead of making the cover, Show kneels down and puts HHH into a sleeper hold. HHH shows no signs of fighting back and his limbs are not moving. The referee is about to call for the bell, but then HHH raises his left arm and starts batting away at Show’s skull. He gets to his feet and clubs Show with a standing double axe handle. He runs to the ropes and rebounds, going for a knee lift, but Show reverses it with a headbutt. The Big Show whips HHH into the corner and the impact causes him to stumble forward, right into Show’s grasp. Big Show then flips HHH over into position for the Final Cut. He brings his huge arm up, but then HHH twists it and spins around, before reversing the move into a Pedigree! He falls into the cover, 1…..2…..3

WINNER- Triple H by PINFALL in 10:08

JR- So Smackdown ends with a big win for the King of Kings.
Foley- He deserved it, and after a back and forth match he took the victory from right under Triple H’s nose.
JR- Which means he will face MVP in the semi finals in two weeks time which should be an intense match.
Foley- The tournament continues next week.
JR- And we’ll see you there!

wwerko619

Reaction score
BM: Edge/Benjamin .vs. Cage/Kennedy; Well written match, decent move sets, and the match flowed on great. I had a hard time reading it with the type of font you used. It is too small I think, and it hurts my eyes to be looking close into the screen to read a match.

WM: Natalya/Victoria .vs. Wilson/McCool: I hate diva's matches. I am not being sexist at all, but I dont like the divas fighting in WWE. So when I review, expect to see the Worst Match the divas match....unless its fairly impressing, whitch is near impossible for me.

BP: Kendrick/Ezeikel/Jeff/Matt Promo in the ring: Really good, I thought this was one of your strongest points of the match in my thought. I dont think it could of gott'en better.

WP: HHH/Hardy/Khali Promo: Fely un-realistic to me. I dont see Khali getting beatdown that bad, that easly. Khali would of knocked the shit out of both men.

AI: Well...the show was great, but needs a bit of touching up on. 2 things, 1, try to make the font a little bigger, cause I dont know if its just me, but I cant stand that small font. 2nd, the diva's match wasnt bad, but I just dont get interested in the diva's matches. I only like their appearance:) Good work, il be checking into your next show.

seX-Power

Ok starting from next week I will use a different font as well as separating my matches into paragraphs. Hopefully that will make it more enjoyable to read my BTB.

The Rated R CMStar

BM: I am going with the Tag Team Number One Contender's Match. I enjoyed more than the rest, I think the action in this one was better than in any other matches. I also like the ending and the decision of who should win. If not this one, the Tag Team Title match was also interesting

WM: Khali's squash, altough it accomplishes it's goal (later to be lost by how easy Jeff kicked Khali's ass)

BP: UHmm, I'll be honest, it was hard. All promos had their downers. I will say Kendrick and Ezekiel, altough next time I'll rather have Ezekiel quit, not saying a thing.

WP: HHH and Hardy backstage. This one was pretty bad. The lines were really cheesy, out of a sudden Khali comes and Hardy alone beats him to the punch easily, then just for something Hardy said, face HHH starts acting heelish, and heelish in a way out of himself, as HHH is normally the smooth operator, not the guy that goes to punch someone just for one comment.

AC: It was a good show. I am really interested on where you take what appears to be a feud between Edge and Christian. Giving Hardy so much mic time is a risk, and you'll have to learn how to truly pull it off. Promos need improvement.

Moonlight Drive

BM: I think you put on some good matches this show. The tag team contenders match and tag team championship matces were my personal favourites, although the opener with Cage/Kennedy vs Edge/Benjamin was good too. E vs C could be awesome, but please, don't ever have a commentator say something like this agaiin:

it looks like a rivalry will be apparent here.

Seems so out of place and kinda 'smarky'

WM: The Khali squash. Not just because it was a squash, but because the effect was lost when Khali got beaten down after he sneak attacked a man half his size which makes no sense really. Also, random assaults with stuff like 'I must be a marked man' are bad moves.

BP: Promos had there ups and downs. I thought the one with Kendrekiel (my name for them, copyright) and The Hardys was the best, even though I dislike both Hardys mic work. Edge/Benjamin/Christian's opener was also good.

WP: HHH/Hardy. Rather generic imo, plus Khali popping in and getting smashed seemed very peculiar to me and makes him look incredibly weak. But never, ever, ever, ever, ever, say sqaush again in a promo. That's only a smark term, you don't hear JR going around saying 'Nice win for R-Truth, if he keeps this up he'll get a nice push'

AC: Lots of things to like about this show. There's still the tension between Trips/Jeff, and E vs C should be epic. Just some improvement on promos and cutting out any smark terms like squash will help your shows get better. MVP better beat The Game you son of a gun.

NOW has posted it's first show

Diablo4life

Reaction score
Smackdown Review

Looking forward to reading this, and I will be doing a live review.

-Pretty good opening promo. You got Christian's character down, and it's really, really great. Bald standard rules. Nice job building up to the tag team match, and I'm really interested in it.

-Nice job keeping Edge and Christian separate during the match, as it's a great way to build up a feud for the future. The right people won, too, as it only will fuel the feud.

-Eh, I don't really think anyone would be saying Blue on TV. Just a small thing, but it rubbed me the wrong way. However, besides that, it shows The Big Show as someone who won't back down and is hungry for the gold.

-Khali squash, eh. It went on for too long, not many people could put up 2:00 with Khali. More like 45 seconds or something.

-REALLY fun match, MOTN so far for the #1 contendership for the tag team titles. I enjoyed it a lot, and it is great to see the tag division getting some respect. TJ Wilson shined in a lot of parts, and he's awesome, so that's good. LAX winning sets up an interesting match for Backlash. Nice job with that. Good faced paced action.

-Awkward segment backstage. Khali going down so easily from HHH/Jeff is confusing, and the dialogue from Jeff was a bit off. Hopefully Jeff wins.

-Divas tag match was just that, a decent divas tag. Nothing really to note except maybe a Michelle/Natalya feud, which could be fun, since Natalya rules. Nice little match, and matches seem to be your strong points.

-MITB briefcase anyone can cash in at anytime, regardless of the GM. The MVP segment was a little confusing, and Vickie has never spoken that coherently(;)) Anyway, it was better then the other segments.

-Good back and forth match between R-Truth and MVP. Nice job carrying over MVP's bad leg into the match, I love continuation in BTB's, and matches that make sense. The ending was exciting, and the right person won. Nice job with that.

- I liked the promo until Zeke said squash. Again, really not that big of a deal, but little things can make the overall presentation better.

- Not a bad tag match until the ending. The referee was still up, so why would he allow Khali to come in and attack without their being a DQ? The ending was confusing, and Khali attacking Jeff is random. Should be interesting to see where it goes, though.

-Main event was better then it had any right to be. Nice finish, with HHH reversing the FC into the pedigree, which is something I could actually see happening.

Overall, the show was pretty good. Matches are your obvious strong point, but some promos could be worked on a bit. Some of the stuff was confusing, like Khali getting beat up so easily by Hardy and HHH, but some stuff was interesting, like the Edge/Christian storyline, and MVP's rise to the top.

Overall, nice job, though.

CT Styles

Best Match: I liked MVP/Truth. I thought it was well-written, especially with MVP's injury, you wrote that really well. I would have liked Killings to get the win just because I love him but still.. a good match.

Worst Match: All the matches were pretty much on par tonight with none shockingly bad though; Khali's was pretty bad for obvious reasons.

Best Promo: The opening one along with THE Kendrick's with Ezekiel and the Hardys. I thought Kendrick's was really in character and the opener was easy to read.

Worst Promo: MVP/Vickie. Wasn't that bad, just the worst compared to the others.

Additional Comments: This was a good show, Like some people stated, maybe change the font but other than that, keep it up.

seX-Power

Week 1 Aftermath

WWE News

- The WWE are looking to greatly expand their rosters. Due to FCW getting a TV deal, they can afford to use wrestlers in developmental appearances if they are not being used often on their main show. They are looking to call up around ten superstars, who will most likely not debut until after Backlash, or at least that is the plan now. If they impress the WWE, then they may get called up much sooner.

- The WWE have made a change with their PPV roster. After Backlash will be One Night Stand and Judgment Day has been axed from the pay per view roster. ONS will be all weapons once again.

- They are testing out Jack Gabriel on Raw next week after a strong showing on Heat.

- The WWE have announced the signings of Gail Kim, Rhino, Chris Sabin and Lance Rock from TNA Wrestling, and they are set to debut on their main shows fairly soon. Until then, they are working dark matches and in FCW.

- JBL has suffered an apparent injury and he is not able to work shows for a month. It is expected to be minor and he will heal soon.

- Candice Michelle is taking some time off due to personal issues. This is being taken care of by making her get a fake knee injury on Raw brought in her 8 man tag match.

- The WWE have officially added an extra half an hour to ECW making the show 90 minutes. This is all part of a plan to add prestige to the third brand, and more time elongations may happen in the future.

- The WWE have come to terms with the release of the following: Deuce, Snitsky, Domino, Funaki, Colin Delaney and Mike Knox. We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

WWE Rumors

- Randy Orton is said to be displeased with the WWE writers over rumors that they have no plans for him over the current month. Word has spread that the writers don’t want Orton in the title picture for a while, angering him.

- Booker T apparently has demanded his WWE contract be raised to a huge sum, making him one of the highest paid workers in the company. The WWE looks to use him to his full potential, as they do not want to lose him back to TNA.

- There are rumors that at One Night Stand, there will be a multi-man title defense for at least one of the three main titles.

- Kenny Dykstra has apparently gained backstage heat after an argument with Triple H over him having the spotlight. Don’t be surprised to see him in the doghouse in coming weeks.

- Word in the locker room is that Kevin Nash was backstage at the Raw taping this week and Bobby Lashley at the Smackdown taping. ROH World Champion Chris Hero was also backstage at all three shows and the WWE are attempting to pay a large price to get him out of his ROH commitments, even though he is reluctant to.

WWE Ratings

Heat- 0.8
Raw- 3.1
X-Perience- 0.5
ECW- 1.3
Velocity- 0.7
Smackdown- 2.3

Top 10 Face Reactions

1. SMK Matt Hardy +Jeff Hardy
2. ECW Rob Van Dam
3. RAW John Cena
4. SMK Triple H
5. RAW Rey Mysterio
6. SMK Christian Cage
7. ECW Kazarian
8. RAW CM Punk
9. SMK Mr Kennedy
10. SMK R-Truth

Top 10 Heel Reactions

1. SMK Edge
2. RAW Booker T
3. RAW Chris Jericho
4. SMK MVP
5. ECW Sabu
6. SMK The Great Khali
7. SMK The Brian Kendrick +Ezekiel
8. RAW Team 3D
9. SMK The Big Show
10. ECW Chavo Guerrero

Top 10 Best Matches

1. ECW Dreamer +Sandman v RVD +Sabu
2. SMK MVP v Truth
3. SMK Edge +Shelton v Cage +Kennedy
4. RAW Booker v Cena
5. ECW Chavo v Helms v Stevie v Bourne
6. SMK Hawkins +Ryder v Jesse +Festus v Bulldogs v LAX
7. RAW Katie +Jillian +Beth +Velvet v Melina +Kelly +Mickie +Candice
8. SMK Kendrick +Ezekiel v Hardys
9. RAW Abyss v Mysterio
10. SMK Show v HHH

Top 5 Best Promos

1. RAW Adamle/Booker/Cena
2. SMK Kendrick/Ezekiel/Matt/Jeff
3. ECW Kazarian
4. SMK Edge/Shelton/Kennedy/Cage
5. RAW Orton/Punk

Top 5 Best Feuds

1. RAW Batista & John Cena
2. ECW Sabu & Rob Van Dam
3. RAW Kane +Abyss & Rey Mysterio +El Generico
4. SMK MVP & R-Truth
5. RAW Randy Orton & CM Punk

Announced PPV Matches

World Tag Team Championship
Kane +Abyss © v Team 3D
(Tag Team)

Light Heavyweight Championship
Kazarian © v Chavo Guerrero
(Single)

WWE Tag Team Championship
The Brian Kendrick +Ezekiel © v The Latin American Xchange
(Tag Team)

Power 25

1. = SMK Triple H
Off a WM25 loss, HHH picked up a win in the WWE title tournament.
2. = ECW Rob Van Dam
RVD won on ECW after defending his title at Wrestlemania.
3. = SMK MVP
MVP became Mr Money in the Bank and then a WWE title contender.
4. = RAW Booker T
Booker T won on Raw to progress in the world title tournament.
5. = SMK Christian Cage
Cage comes off a win at WM25 then a tag win on Smackdown
6. = RAW CM Punk
After losing his title at Wrestlemania, he bounced back with a victory.
7. = RAW Rey Mysterio
Mysterio beat rival Abyss to move up in the world title tournament.
8. = RAW Katie Lea Burchill
Burchill comes off tag team wins at both Wrestlemania and Raw.
9. = SMK Jeff Hardy
Hardy lost on Smackdown by interference but beat his bro at WM25.
10. = ECW Kazarian
Kazarian is the newest ECW member and light heavyweight champ.
11. = SMK The Brian Kendrick +Ezekiel
The WWE tag champs retained against the Hardys on Smackdown.
12. = ECW Sabu
Sabu had a loss, a win, and a brutal attack that left us all shocked.
13. = RAW John Cena
Batista, who he beat at Wrestlemania, cost him the win on Raw.
14. = SMK Edge
His partner got pinned on Smackdown after he won at WM25.
15. = ECW Chavo Guerrero
Chavo became the number 1 contender to Kazarian’s title on ECW.
16. = RAW Beth Phoenix
Beth has partnered with Katie to win 2 tag matches in 2 days.
17. = SMK The LAX
The LAX became tag title contenders after winning a four way tag.
18. = RAW Lance Cade
Lance Cade lost in the MITB but defended his title on Raw.
19. = SMK Mr Kennedy
He lost to Edge at Wrestlemania but beat him in tag on Smackdown.
20. = SMK The Great Khali
Khali continues to dominate on Smackdown, but Hardy bested him.
21. = RAW Team 3D
Team 3D fought their way to become world tag title contenders.
22. = SMK Natalya
Natalya made Michelle McCool tap out on Smackdown.
23. = RAW Chris Jericho
Jericho lost for Raw at WM25 but cheating helped him win on Raw.
24. = RAW Batista
Batista lost to rival John Cena, but then got his revenge later.
25. = ECW Kevin Steen
Steen got the pin to win a tag match on ECW, but was attacked after.

Moonlight Drive

That shit was very cool X. I might have to steal some of it. Only one problem...
24. = RAW Batista
Batista lost to rival John Cena, but then got his revenge later.
He should be number one you son of a gun!

seX-Power

New font from here on. You like? Also, paragraphs for the matches starting from this week's Raw, previewed below.

Raw Week 2 Preview

The World Heavyweight Championship tournament continues on Raw, with the final two first round matches taking place. Four people have already participated in the tournament, but only two have qualified. Booker T and Rey Mysterio both advanced last week and face each other in the semi finals. Find out who the other two people to progress will be on Raw!

The first match will be between Chris Jericho and El Generico. These two men faced off last week in a great match. That time, Jericho came out on top but only because of some dirty tactics. Mike Adamle saw the cheating and ordered them to have the same match the next week. He then added the stipulation of putting it in the tournament. Jericho won last time, but can he prevail cleanly? Or will El Generico advance like his tag team partner Rey Mysterio?

Then in the main event, CM Punk will take on Randy Orton in the fourth and final first round match of the tournament. Last week Randy Orton returned from his long injury and wanted to come back with a bang. He did just that, attacking CM Punk after his match. However, later in the show Punk called out Orton and asked for a match between the two. Randy accepted, and the Punk revealed that the match would be in the World Heavyweight Championship tournament. Can Punk capitalize on the opportunity he has given himself? Or will the Age of Orton restart if Orton wins his first match back?

Speaking of people already in the semi finals of the tournament, both of those men will be in action tonight. Booker T will face off against the debuting Jack Gabriel, who will be tested in his first match on Raw. Rey Mysterio will compete against his arch rival Kane. He beat Abyss last week and now he faces the masked behemoth’s tag team partner, aiming to score a win against both champions. If Mysterio wins, then that will mean that Rey Mysterio and El Generico are tag team title contenders. Both Booker and Mysterio are on rolls, but can they continue them?

There will also be another contender chosen tonight, but for the Women’s title instead. There will be a 5 Woman over the top rope battle royale to determine who will face Katie Lea Burchill at Backlash. The participants all have a motive. First there is Beth Phoenix, who is good friends with the champ but won’t let that get in the way of her ambitions towards the title. Then there is Velvet Sky, who is looking to make a bigger impact after coming to the WWE, and is yet to prove to everybody that she can hang with the elite divas. There is Kelly Kelly, who wants revenge on Katie after what she did to Kelly’s great friend Candice Michelle. There is Mickie James who wants revenge for having to pose in Playboy thanks to the match stipulation at Wrestlemania 25, and also Melina for the same reason. However, Melina also has an extra incentive and that is the attack Katie Lea launched on her after the 8 man tag team match last week. Who will be the one to face Burchill at Backlash? Find out on Raw!

A certain superstar is also ready to make his debut on Raw. The WWE’s newest arrival Chris Sabin will start off his WWE career with a match on Monday Night Raw. However, his opponent will only be found out on the night and will be a secret to both us and him. Who will it be? Watch to see!

Announced Matches

Booker T v Jack Gabriel

Kane v Rey Mysterio

Beth Phoenix v Velvet Sky v Mickie James v Melina v Kelly Kelly

??? v Chris Sabin

Chris Jericho v El Generico

Randy Orton v CM Punk