• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE '13

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
I'm not sure if I should be excited about the inclusion of the Attitude Era. I'm not knocking it really, but I know from previous WWE titles, they take a lot of creative liberty in deviating from what has happened and what is happening in the WWE. From what I understand, you're supposed to be able to relive the Attitude Era in a single-player format from the perspective of one of eight different protagonists. That could be very cool, but I'm wary of the creative liberty that may or may not be taken in the portrayal of those stories.

I can't say I'm too excited about the characters either since a good portion of them have been appearing in WWE titles anyway. And with the ability to book and build your own stories and characters, you could've been reliving the Attitude Era all along. I agree with Castiel, it's mostly just good marketing.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Here we go again with my age being a factor. I didn't watch wrestling when the AE was around but now I've watched a bunch of shit and know all about. I even know about Gangrel and The Brood. The AE was fantastic and I think it can only make this game better. As for the stars you mentioned above, Reks and Hawkins are the only ones who deserve to be in the game. Who gives a shit about the others. People know how awesome the AE was and they are going to want to relieve it.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Viper, the Attitude Era peaked the year you were born... how is it that you can possibly be more excited about it than Castiel who was actually capable of absorbing the action at the time? Or me even? I'm a huge fan of the Attitude Era, but WWE '12 managed to not include several deserving stars, how will adding in a bunch of Attitude guys help that cause? I'd bet quite a lump sum of money that Hunico, Camacho, Derrick Bateman, Johhny Curtis, McGillicutty, Tyson Kidd, Alex Riley, JTG, Reks, and Hawkins all miss making it on this game. And there's no telling who else will ultimately be excluded so that we have the ability to play as The Godfather and a bunch of other random guys. Really, who from the Attitude Era couldn't be included that needs to be included on a normal game? Triple H, Undertaker, Kane, Christian, Edge, and Stone Cold were all already on WWE '12. Who else is there to add? The Rock, Mankind, and a couple of WCW guys like Hogan, Nash, Hall, Sting, Goldberg, and Luger? They could easily be included as Legends like they typically would be.

I hope that the Attitude Era story mode features all the superstars from the period, but only makes a few of them unlockable so they don't take up valuable roster space that should be meant for the modern day guys. I would much prefer for my WWE Universe to feature all of the current roster members than just half of them, plus some former wrestlers. Because quite frankly, I was no big fan of using guys like Stone Cold and Brock Lesnar in the WWE Universe mode on WWE '12..
With or without the AE none of those low card guys would have been in WWE '13.

I'm going to be excited as fuck and the rest of you can be up in arms.

Castiel

Reaction score
Who else do you expect to be added? And how does putting AE stars in the game affect the main roster. They're not going to take stars out to make way for AE stars. Yeah they might not put in the bottom of the barrel like Yoshi Tatsu or Jinder Mahal but who gives a flying fuck about them. I much rather play as Mankind or Stone Cold Steve Austin than Yoshi or Jinder.

I give a fuck about the bottom of the barrel. Attire changes, move updates, stuff like that are also why I look forward to the game. There's been plenty of new superstars that have debuted this year, there's also been plenty of current workers that have worker their ass off this year that I'm a fan of, the ones that are stuck on Superstars or NXT, there's plenty of room for them. That's exactly what the AE stars are doing, without 32 of them there would be plenty of room for a solid undercard roster.

Reactions: 1 person

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I give a fuck about the bottom of the barrel. Attire changes, move updates, stuff like that are also why I look forward to the game. There's been plenty of new superstars that have debuted this year, there's also been plenty of current workers that have worker their ass off this year that I'm a fan of, the ones that are stuck on Superstars or NXT, there's plenty of room for them. That's exactly what the AE stars are doing, without 32 of them there would be plenty of room for a solid undercard roster.
Even if you removed the AE stars I can assure you that THQ wouldn't add the cast of NXT to the game. Maybe one or two at the most.

Regardless this is only going to happen once and the next year you'll get WWE '14 exactly the same as all the games before it.

Also remember they release several lower card guys every year for DLC. So there's always that.

I can NOT wait to see who's in WWE '13. I'm so excited.

Enforcer

Reaction score
Well I myself would rather have legends to play with instead of the whole cast of NXT season 4... I mean come on are those guys going to be riveting in story mode? I'd rather see the Outsiders and Hogan go against HHH and the NAO instead of Justin Gabriel Vs Husky Harris (even though i like his new gimmick) but see then again i have owned every game except WWE 12... but what can be left out w/ a 77 person roster? I'd have to scroll back but 37ish from Raw and Smackdown? figure each brand has 30 guys on each brand... maybe 7-10 which will be unlockables in the legends (Taker, HHH, Lesnar, Rock) ppl on the roster but you know aren't going to be part of the main roster. but are we really going to miss Curt Hawkins or Titus O'neil? And like was mentioned...

And I seriously so want to go through story mode as Yoshi Tatsu or Tyler Reks... oh please my gaming life would not be complete unless I make a jobber a virtual superstar!!!!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Here we go again with my age being a factor. I didn't watch wrestling when the AE was around but now I've watched a bunch of shit and know all about. I even know about Gangrel and The Brood. The AE was fantastic and I think it can only make this game better. As for the stars you mentioned above, Reks and Hawkins are the only ones who deserve to be in the game. Who gives a shit about the others. People know how awesome the AE was and they are going to want to relieve it.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.. it's not the same. I sat in front of my TV week in an week out from 1997-2000 and watched everything unfold as it happens. I know what the Era was all about. Going back and rewatching it can only give you half the effect. That's like me pissing my pants everytime Greg Valentine is mentioned, or whenever JYD appears as a special addition on the game. It doesn't make sense because I was born in 1993, and though I've seen at least a dozen of each of their matches, I'll never be able to understand their majesty the way someone like Booty would.

Oh you know about The Brood? Congrats, I guess. I still don't see what that proves. I watched Gangrel's stable evolve over its couple of years of existence, I saw it all live as it happened, but do I give a rat's ass if he or the Brood versions of E&C or The Hardy's appear on this game? Nay.

And maybe you don't care if the stars of Superstars or NXT make it on the game, but I do, and I know Apex Predator and Castiel do too. I just think it's stupid to alter an entire game for the sake of including these guys who would typically be Legend characters anyways. Who are they going to throw in there that haven't at some point or another been a Legend on one of the other WWE Games that will make this game so superb? What's crazy is that it took until WWE '12 for Santino to finally make it on a WWE game. On top of that, The Great Khali wasn't even featured on WWE '12 for some crazy reason. Primo also failed to make the cut. And that bothers me, personally, because it devalues the capabilities of WWE Universe mode.

Anyways, I don't see why they'd inject WWE '13 with an Attitude Era concept, when what they should be doing is making an entire different Attitude Era game.

They had the budget to make WWE '12 and WWE All-Stars last year, why not make a WWE '13 and WWE Attitude this year? Everyone gets their wish, and neither of the games end up being half-assed or watered down by the other. When you buy WWE '13, you get WWE heading into 2013. When you buy WWE Attitude, you get a WWE game based off of the attitude era. Not a Blue combination of both. Plus, it would almost certainly yield more profit for WWE in the long haul.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.. it's not the same. I sat in front of my TV week in an week out from 1997-2000 and watched everything unfold as it happens. I know what the Era was all about. Going back and rewatching it can only give you half the effect. That's like me pissing my pants everytime Greg Valentine is mentioned, or whenever JYD appears as a special addition on the game. It doesn't make sense because I was born in 1993, and though I've seen at least a dozen of each of their matches, I'll never be able to understand their majesty the way someone like Booty would.

Oh you know about The Brood? Congrats, I guess. I still don't see what that proves. I watched Gangrel's stable evolve over its couple of years of existence, I saw it all live as it happened, but do I give a rat's ass if he or the Brood versions of E&C or The Hardy's appear on this game? Nay.

And maybe you don't care if the stars of Superstars or NXT make it on the game, but I do, and I know Apex Predator and Castiel do too. I just think it's stupid to alter an entire game for the sake of including these guys who would typically be Legend characters anyways. Who are they going to throw in there that haven't at some point or another been a Legend on one of the other WWE Games that will make this game so superb? What's crazy is that it took until WWE '12 for Santino to finally make it on a WWE game. On top of that, The Great Khali wasn't even featured on WWE '12 for some crazy reason. Primo also failed to make the cut. And that bothers me, personally, because it devalues the capabilities of WWE Universe mode.

Anyways, I don't see why they'd inject WWE '13 with an Attitude Era concept, when what they should be doing is making an entire different Attitude Era game.

They had the budget to make WWE '12 and WWE All-Stars last year, why not make a WWE '13 and WWE Attitude this year? Everyone gets their wish, and neither of the games end up being half-assed or watered down by the other. When you buy WWE '13, you get WWE heading into 2013. When you buy WWE Attitude, you get a WWE game based off of the attitude era. Not a Blue combination of both. Plus, it would almost certainly yield more profit for WWE in the long haul.

I WOULD love an WWE Attitude game!

Only though if it's still based on the '13 engine. I hate every game THQ makes that isn't part of the main series.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I would love to see a Monday Night Wars version, get the best of WCW and WWE at the peak era
I think I would croak over and just die! If they did they did that, they'd have to combine WWE Universe with the old GM mode to make it so you can pit Nitro and RAW against one another for rating supremacy!!! #MNW #AttitudeEra #WCW

The Viper

Reaction score
Just to chime in real quick.

I'm on EC and Castiel's side on this one (and anybody else's that agrees). It's nice to see the Attitude Era stages like Raw Is War and stuff like that, but 32 AE guys is too much for me and as EC stated, it would be much more fantastical if THQ made a separate WWE Attitude video game and as Brandon mentioned, with the WWE '13 engine. So it's got everyone from that Era (EVEN THE MEAN STREET F'N POSSE~!!!) and it plays the same as WWE '13.

Oh and yes, I would give a whole bunch of fucks if the NXT roster was in WWE '13. Why wouldn't anybody that enjoys the show? That's ludicrous if you don't give a fuck.

Castiel

Reaction score
Well I myself would rather have legends to play with instead of the whole cast of NXT season 4... I mean come on are those guys going to be riveting in story mode? I'd rather see the Outsiders and Hogan go against HHH and the NAO instead of Justin Gabriel Vs Husky Harris (even though i like his new gimmick) but see then again i have owned every game except WWE 12... but what can be left out w/ a 77 person roster? I'd have to scroll back but 37ish from Raw and Smackdown? figure each brand has 30 guys on each brand... maybe 7-10 which will be unlockables in the legends (Taker, HHH, Lesnar, Rock) ppl on the roster but you know aren't going to be part of the main roster. but are we really going to miss Curt Hawkins or Titus O'neil? And like was mentioned...

And I seriously so want to go through story mode as Yoshi Tatsu or Tyler Reks... oh please my gaming life would not be complete unless I make a jobber a virtual superstar!!!!

I could care less about whatever story mode they're giving us this year, it'll probably be lame like the last few years anyways. I don't want to recreate previous things that have happened with old superstars again. I want to play, you know like Universe and stuff, with the current superstars. Obviously you're someone that doesn't watch NXT or Superstars too, there are some great wrestlers over there. Yoshi and Husky are fun as hell in WWe 12 for the record.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
so the revolution they teased is going back to what worked ten+ years ago? Interesting....

I give zero fucks about this game, I got bored of '12 pretty quick and I can't see this one doing anything better.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Ready guys? Here's the entire WWE '13 roster

The following superstars and divas are confirmed for the upcoming WWE '13 video game, in stores October 30th. Several wrestlers are duplicated in both eras and will appear in the game as separate characters:

Modern Era: John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Undertaker, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Dainel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Rey Mysterio, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Jack Swagger, Santino, David Otunga, Kane, Kevin Nash, Christian, Mark Henry, Sin Cara, Epico, Primo, Hunico, Ted DiBiase, Great Khali, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Justin Gabriel, Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Bella Twins, Kharma, Beth Phoenix, Alicia Fox.

Attitude Era: Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Edge & Christian, New Age Outlaws, Road Warriors, , X-Pac, Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, Trish Stratus, Lita, Big Show, Kane, Davey Boy Smith, Vader, Mark Henry, Ken Shamrock, Godfather and Big Bossman.

Pwpix.net

AWESOME!