WWE '13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Video game publisher THQ's official website has launched a new sub-section for the upcoming WWE '13 video game. The following is a look at the new features that will be in this year's installment:

WWE Live: Bring the atmosphere, spectacle, and fervor of a raucous WWE Live event into your living room with awe-inspiring Spectacular Moments and a new audio system that delivers the most authentic and dynamic commentary, sound effects and crowd participation ever in a WWE game.

Relive The Attitude Era: It was a time when Stone Cold Steve Austin battled for supremacy against his maniacal boss, Mr. McMahon. An era where The Rock told opponents to “know your role, and shut your mouthâ€￾, where the Undertaker threw Mankind off the top of the Hell in a Cell, and D-Generation X broke all the rules. Now, for the first time, relive this groundbreaking era in an all-new single player campaign mode that will make you experience the Monday Night Wars like never before.

WWE Universe 3.0: The fan-favorite WWE Universe mode returns, giving you more control over WWE than ever before. Your choices determine your destiny as you dynamically shape your schedules, television shows, and rosters, and form alliances and make enemies on your way to the top.

Predator Technology 3.0: With new animations, transitions, and modified controls built on the Predator Technology™ game engine, WWE ’13 will deliver strategic, fluid, and fun WWE action that plays more smoothly than any prior WWE game.

Create & Share Your WWE: WWE ‘13’s industry-defining creation suite returns to give more ability than ever to create Superstars, arenas, entrances, finishing moves, storylines, and more! Go online and upload your creations to share them with the WWE Universe and download creations from others to add to your own experience.

As for the roster, THQ is touting the "biggest roster" ever in a WWE game. So far, confirmed players include: Steve Austin, The Undertaker, CM Punk, Sheamus, Mankind, Big Show, Mark Henry and Chris Jericho. The THQ website says the game will feature 77 playable characters - 38 Superstars, 7 Divas and 32 Attitude Era Legends.

Credit to pwpix.net

32 attitude era stars. Fuck yes

Castiel

Reaction score
32 Attitude Era stars, fuck no! They're giving literally half the spots to legends, I rarely even use legends now. How is this a revolution? A revolution would be finally giving spots to guys that work their ass off all year, not giving us more legends.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Its a fucking video game. Who cares. They'll put all the current stars on the roster. The Attitude Era defined the WWF/E. I'm happy to see those stars back

Castiel

Reaction score
Its a fucking video game. Who cares. They'll put all the current stars on the roster. The Attitude Era defined the WWF/E. I'm happy to see those stars back

Obviously you're excited about them being put in and the game it's self so you care about that which means I can care about how stupid it is. The Attitude Era in no way defines the WWE. It's WWE 13 not WWE 97.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Who cares what year the game is made? They can put in Attitude Era stars to spice up the game. And how does the attitude era not define wwe? That was when you could actually watch all of raw without throwing up

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The "Attitude Era" doesn't "define" the company that it occurred in, but rather the time period. There's a big difference between what you said and the correct way of saying it. You could say that the "Hogan Era" defined the company as well, but it didn't, it only defined the 1980's.

When you combine all the eras together, you then get the company's legacy, which is what one uses to define them.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yes but the attitude era was the biggest out of all the eras

Castiel

Reaction score
Wow... just wow. This is all just a ploy to get Attitude Era marks to buy the game, good to see it's working on you. The game is called WWE 13 it should have current WWE superstars in it instead of ones from a decade ago, that's the point I'm making! It's fine with a few legends but they are actually taking up half of the entire roster!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yes but the attitude era was the biggest out of all the eras

One can argue that with inflation added to ticket prices, the Hogan era was far more profitable than the Attitude Era. Also, what single thing is WWE linked to more than anything else? Wrestlemania. That came along way before the Attitude Era.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Wow... just wow. This is all just a ploy to get Attitude Era marks to buy the game, good to see it's working on you. The game is called WWE 13 it should have current WWE superstars in it instead of ones from a decade ago, that's the point I'm making! It's fine with a few legends but they are actually taking up half of the entire roster!
Someone needs to stop pissing in your cereal.

This is awesome news. I can't fucking wait for this.

Attitude Era FTW bitches.

Castiel

Reaction score
The reason I buy these games is for the roster update tbh that's why this pisses me off so much.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The reason I buy these games is for the roster update tbh that's why this pisses me off so much.
Who were you expecting to be in this game that wasn't in WWE '12?

I can guarantee you AE or I don't see any real change to who would or wouldn't have gotten in TBH.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Who else do you expect to be added? And how does putting AE stars in the game affect the main roster. They're not going to take stars out to make way for AE stars. Yeah they might not put in the bottom of the barrel like Yoshi Tatsu or Jinder Mahal but who gives a flying fuck about them. I much rather play as Mankind or Stone Cold Steve Austin than Yoshi or Jinder.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Viper, the Attitude Era peaked the year you were born... how is it that you can possibly be more excited about it than Castiel who was actually capable of absorbing the action at the time? Or me even? I'm a huge fan of the Attitude Era, but WWE '12 managed to not include several deserving stars, how will adding in a bunch of Attitude guys help that cause? I'd bet quite a lump sum of money that Hunico, Camacho, Derrick Bateman, Johhny Curtis, McGillicutty, Tyson Kidd, Alex Riley, JTG, Reks, and Hawkins all miss making it on this game. And there's no telling who else will ultimately be excluded so that we have the ability to play as The Godfather and a bunch of other random guys. Really, who from the Attitude Era couldn't be included that needs to be included on a normal game? Triple H, Undertaker, Kane, Christian, Edge, and Stone Cold were all already on WWE '12. Who else is there to add? The Rock, Mankind, and a couple of WCW guys like Hogan, Nash, Hall, Sting, Goldberg, and Luger? They could easily be included as Legends like they typically would be.

I hope that the Attitude Era story mode features all the superstars from the period, but only makes a few of them unlockable so they don't take up valuable roster space that should be meant for the modern day guys. I would much prefer for my WWE Universe to feature all of the current roster members than just half of them, plus some former wrestlers. Because quite frankly, I was no big fan of using guys like Stone Cold and Brock Lesnar in the WWE Universe mode on WWE '12..