Why Watch TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

shimr

Reaction score
I am too excited for watching this event but i am away from home , or In hostel there is some Dish problem . guys can you plz guide where i can watch the videos of this event .... some one suggest me a site but i dont know is that safe for work or not , plz check or refer some good option. You can check that site by clicking on link ........

Jay

Reaction score
I decided not to read though these posts, cause some just seemed stupid.

You can not blame TNA for sucking as much as they do. They are a young company still. They arent even in their adolesnt years, so you cannot blame them. However, if you think abou it, TNA is the best they have been all year. This time they have become something legit. They have created a new (and more interesting Jeff Hardy), they have created yet another huge power stable, and they have literally made a hostile take-over in TNA. Its probably some of the best angles this company has had since Christian Cage debuted in TNA and created an army to go against Jeff Jarret.

TNA has the momentum in their side. Its now up to them.

CMS

Reaction score
First off, it's nothing new. All the angles we are running, we have seen them before, and not even in WCW with the NWO, no, the hostile takeover deal and all that, we saw that with the MEM. TNA loves to make megastables out of heels. Not original.

And not to beat on a dead horse but...momentum? Ratings are low, buyrates are laughable as always and now they are even canceling house shows due to low sales.

And TNA might be young, but it is being run by Vince Russo, Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, you know, guys who supposedly know the industry.

Reaction score

You can not blame TNA for sucking as much as they do. They are a young company still. They arent even in their adolesnt years, so you cannot blame them. However, if you think abou it, TNA is the best they have been all year. This time they have become something legit. They have created a new (and more interesting Jeff Hardy), they have created yet another huge power stable, and they have literally made a hostile take-over in TNA. Its probably some of the best angles this company has had since Christian Cage debuted in TNA and created an army to go against Jeff Jarret.

You can't blame them for sucking as much as they do? They've been around for EIGHT YEARS. That's more than enough time to work out how to properly put on a wrestling show.

Montana

Reaction score
Exactly. I tuned into impact last night and it just felt like a cluster with "Immortal" a bunch of guys that don't go together like Abyss, Jarrett, Flair, Hogan, Hardy. No one in that group makes any sense.

Then we get matches like AJ Styles vs. Stevie Richards???? WHere is the common sense? Robbie E with the X divsion belt. Come on. Another thing that pissed me off, is Bischoff saying if RVD wins tonight he gets a title shot. WTF. Bischoff should be protecting his group from RVD. Creatative seems to be pulling the company in different directions.

I'll try and talk positive about TNA, and i am liking the Pope and Hardy's current characters.

Airfixx

Reaction score
...Oh and one last point to completely throw Cole's post out the window.

This time last year TNA was infinitely better than it is now... So much so that I actually started watching regularly.

Angle/AJ
Angle/Wolfe
Angle/Anderson
Pope's fast rise as a main player.
Morgan being built
Hernandez being built
Tag division was just as good, if not better.
Knockouts division was better

...And you actually saw pretty good matches still.

Don't think I've particularly enjoyed a single match since the 3rd or 4th of the Beer Money/MCMG series.... (WWE is killing them on that front IMO, albeit thanks mainly to Danielson.)

(Not that it's my particular style of choice, TNA isn't even the place to go for a bit of no-psychology kick ass spotty action anymore!)

Jay

Reaction score
First off, it's nothing new. All the angles we are running, we have seen them before, and not even in WCW with the NWO, no, the hostile takeover deal and all that, we saw that with the MEM. TNA loves to make megastables out of heels. Not original.

And not to beat on a dead horse but...momentum? Ratings are low, buyrates are laughable as always and now they are even canceling house shows due to low sales.

And TNA might be young, but it is being run by Vince Russo, Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, you know, guys who supposedly know the industry.

TNA is going with what has worked for them. TNA Megaheel Stable have worked for them, so why not do them? Does it get old? YEs, but atleast they work. And the whole MEM thing, it was a one night take over of the broadcast, not the entire company. So there in it own, is a huge difference.

Why are the ratings low? Because when Hogan and Bischoff came on bored, they were at their personal highest. They [Dixie Carter] decided to move to Monday and test their luck, and in the prosess losing all their fan base for the most part. An ignorant move by a young company.

TNA has never released PPV buyrates, so how can you know their buys are laughable?

And finally on your post sir, i hope you know that Hogan & Co arent running TNA. They are contracted under talent. Eric is a producer of reaction, and thats the most power they truly have. Dixie may listen to them, but when it comes right down to it, Dixie has the final say.

You can't blame them for sucking as much as they do? They've been around for EIGHT YEARS. That's more than enough time to work out how to properly put on a wrestling show.

Do you expect an 8 year old to be able to do the same amount, and at the same quality as a,lets say, 27 year old?

...Oh and one last point to completely throw Cole's post out the window.

This time last year TNA was infinitely better than it is now... So much so that I actually started watching regularly.

Angle/AJ
Angle/Wolfe
Angle/Anderson
Pope's fast rise as a main player.
Morgan being built
Hernandez being built
Tag division was just as good, if not better.
Knockouts division was better

...And you actually saw pretty good matches still.

Don't think I've particularly enjoyed a single match since the 3rd or 4th of the Beer Money/MCMG series.... (WWE is killing them on that front IMO, albeit thanks mainly to Danielson.)

(Not that it's my particular style of choice, TNA isn't even the place to go for a bit of no-psychology kick ass spotty action anymore!)

So you are saying that seeing new matches that we havent seen is worst then seeing John Cena v. Randy Orton?

TNA is trying something different in this day and age of wrestling. They are going all out, when WWE is not. This day of wrestling is PG. Thats the norm, or at least, what people see more of. Then you have TNA who isnt PG, and who is probably the complete opposite of WWE. You cant say TNA sucks because they dont, they are having a hard time in this day and age.

5 years ago they would be a huge company. But they, being a young and ignorant company keep calling on these "Quick fix" guys and dig themself in a hole. Do i watch TNA regularly? No, do i think they are amazing? No. Do they have better matches then WWE? Yes. They do. Plain and simple. If you people would stop compared the 40 year old company to the 8 year old company, i think you would get that.

...god...

Reaction score
I don't think anyone was comparing.

pumpt73

Reaction score

Yes I can blame them actually. TNA was putting on solid matches way before Hogan and Bischoff were there. Problem was you had modern fans with the attention span of a gnat pissing and moaning about everything else instead of just watching the matches. Yep, they're a young company, are you telling me young promotions can't put on great wrestling with solid storylines???? Comparing an 8 year old human child to a wrestling promotion doesn't hold any water. Im not sending a wrestling promotion to a time out because it put out stupid angles. ECW was a young promotion and look what they accomplished. Ring of Honor is a young promotion and they've been doing just fine with what they're doing. Only difference is they don't have the monetary backing that TNA has.

In an earlier post, I defended TNA, but my oh my how my thoughts have changed. Especially after watching the first 20 minutes last night. Seriously Bischoff, do you know how to do anything else besides putting together a huge stable of wrestlers and running roughshod over anyone who doesn't "join" you??? Oh wow, and let's throw the TNA belt in the trash and make our own belt. Yeah, we haven't seen anything remotely like that before now have we??? Granted it's a personlized title, but the similarities to Hogan spray painting the WCW title are there. What I have to laugh about is Flair shaking hands with Bischoff. That's almost surreal. Anything I've ever heard from the two on either side hasn't been very cordial you might say. Add in Flair's megarant in the WCW ring with Bischoff standing in the aisle, and I just shake my head.

So now I get to see another "version" of the Horsemen (Fortune). You know, Tully Blanchard said it best on the "Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen" dvd. And I quote, "it didn't come out of a booking office". The one thing I will say I do like is Flair chugging his Zima's and his Smirnoff Ice's (Beerfest reference).

All in all, I will give TNA a chance because I just prefer the wrestlers they have to WWE, but they're on thin ice for my viewing time. I just thank God right now that I have HDNet and get to watch Ring of Honor every Monday night.

CMS

Reaction score
I lold when you said Dixie had the final say. Of couse Bischoff and Hogan are just contracted talent, but if you don't think they are the one calling the shots, you are just fooling yourselves.

And really, comparing TNA with WWE? It was pathetic back in when TNA was actually on the rise, now it's just stupid.

pumpt73

Reaction score
All I will say about TNA is this: "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

Reaction score
Do you expect an 8 year old to be able to do the same amount, and at the same quality as a,lets say, 27 year old?

No. That's why it's good that there's not an eight year old running a wrestling promotion like TNA. Seriously, are REALLY comparing the age of a company to the age of a person? Hey chief, guess what: companies don't have individual IQs that grow as they get older. You know why? Because they're not people.

Instead you have Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Jarrett and other guys who have been around the business and over two decades a should have a clue, but clearly they don't.

...god...

Reaction score
J E DOUBLE F J A DOUBLE R E DOUBLE T