Why Watch TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Meh, I quite like the MCMG/Gen Me feud. I wouldn't be surprised if The Guns had creative control over their feuds in some fashion, since for the last 5 months it seems like someone else is booking their things and Russo handles the rest of the show. Much like when Angle/Anderson were feuding. As i've said before, TNA (and WWE for that matter) don't get how to "do" wrestling anymore, mostly due to piss poor writing and booking, and whoring out of their top "draws" until they shoot themselves in the foot and people stop caring.

My suggestion is to turn off the bullshit on TV and try to find some decent wrestling. Hell, even look for some older wrestling. WCW was good up until '98, and from '98 to '05 WWE had it going pretty well, otherwise TNA's wholly avoidable.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^Old video tapes are great, but there, you can read what has happened, and your late on it. If you haven't already seen it. Watching live (or atleast pre-taped shows that haven't been put on TV yet) shows is, IMO, better because you don't know whats going to happen unless you've read spoilers. Live events are probably the best because your watching it either on TV or in the arena as its actually happening.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Well, Independent, Mexico, Japan and England are have much better wrestling products (And all 4 are at historical lows in quality..), that's what I watch anyway. Most people don't have the patience to look that stuff up though, so watching a halfway decent show from 12 years ago, or a horrible show from today are the options for today's TV wrestling fan.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^That is completely in the eye of the beholder. People are always saying "this is better than this" or "my company is better than your company" but the truth is, there is no proven fact handed to us bye God or the President of the US or whoever saying "WWE/Japan/England/etc... is better than TNA", its completely what that person believes, and is based entirely off of what that person likes in a wrestling show. Not everyone likes just pure wrestling you know, some people like blood and weapons, some people like high flying and some people like submissions and brute force, all in the fan, ya know? As you called TNA horrible, that is completely an opinion and I HIGHLY doubt that everybody thinks that. I sure don't. For one, I like TNA because it isn't PG and you can see blood, swearing, etc. You can also see talent in TNA that compared to some talent in WWE just blow the roof off. Try finding MCMG, Beer Money, or Gen Me among WWE's tag teams. Try finding Tara and Daffney and possibly..? Mickie James (is it confirmed that she is signed yet?) in WWE's Diva's Division. It just can't be done. So some people watch it for reasons i've stated above.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Well everything is an opinion when it comes down to it, i'm just stating mine. And in the context of this conversation, none of that stuff matters to me, since I agree, WWE is horrible too, and TNA has certain advantages, and the people who say WWE is far better than TNA or vice versa are just smarking out on themselves, and generally site things that have nothing to do with show quality as the basis of their argument. For one thing I will say to take down your TNA argument, is while their rosters on all 3 divisions are better, they suffer from the same problem WWE has, which is they're all mis and underused, to focus on awful segments written by Hollywood rejects who don't know shit about good wrestling, or comedy or drama. That's why everyone hates Abyss now, because he's being booked as a D-rate horror movie character who brands guys and makes meaningless death threats, than the psycho ass kicker he was from '04-'08. There's way more examples than that, but he especially is a great example of what's wrong.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
^Well said. Fire Russo forever! I hope Russo is lying in the gutter a year from now. Unfortunately, because of Bischoff being partly in charge, that probably isn't going to happen. And people like Gen Me, Amazing Red, Daffney, and Samoa Joe.. will continue to suffer.. while Russo books tag matches for Jarrett, Hogan, Nash, and Sting. Maybe after Halls out of rehab Russo will bring him back too!

Does everyone agree that if Heyman were in charge TNA would be so much better and it would have a lot more viewers.

Again, not disrespecting TNA, just Russo.

...god...

Reaction score
Meh, I quite like the MCMG/Gen Me feud. I wouldn't be surprised if The Guns had creative control over their feuds in some fashion, since for the last 5 months it seems like someone else is booking their things and Russo handles the rest of the show. Much like when Angle/Anderson were feuding. As i've said before, TNA (and WWE for that matter) don't get how to "do" wrestling anymore, mostly due to piss poor writing and booking, and whoring out of their top "draws" until they shoot themselves in the foot and people stop caring.

My suggestion is to turn off the bullshit on TV and try to find some decent wrestling. Hell, even look for some older wrestling. WCW was good up until '98, and from '98 to '05 WWE had it going pretty well, otherwise TNA's wholly avoidable.
Lol, yeah, I'm pretty certain Angle played a part in both of his Wolfe and Anderson feuds. However after that, shitty writing took over and threw them all to waste, notably Wolfe.

The RKO Disciple

Reaction score
why watch TNA, well if the rumors are right and the 'breaking news' is to, then Mickie James will be joining or rather re-joining TNA by Octover 7th, or 10th, from what i hear, which means I love Her more!

Reaction score
What MonkeyStyle said-it's cheaper than Nyquil.

TNA Impact makes WCW Thunder from 2000 look like Smackdown 2002-2003 during the Paul Heyman Era.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Last time I watched TNA, I just caught the Angle/Hardy match....I think it was about a week or two ago? Besides that, I didn't watch TNA before that and I haven't watched it since. I used to tune in each week a few years ago but it got stupid....I have no idea what the hell is going on now or who is even still there.

RobyD

Reaction score
The only reason I can give you as to watch TNA, is because I guess, as bad as it is, it's just an alternative to the WWE.

See for me, I've been watching WWE for so long, that it almost has become formulaic for me. Even when something new is happening, something that I used to find enticing, just seems so dull.

I know TNA comes off really random, and ridiculously chaotic sometimes, but I guess the reason to watch it is so you're not board with one particular product.

jacksionreo

Reaction score
TNA is very entertaining and excitement of all fight is very high i love to watch it.

jacksionreo

Reaction score
I feel TNA is very entertaining and excited that's why i always watch TNA. I like this wrestling version.