Why aren't the mods doing their jobs?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
who were the old mods again?

Used to be Kaedon, Soulpower, Peepshow and Montana. Then it was that guy who was promoted to Admin, while modding WWE/TNA and his name started with N (Dont remember his name..) then it was Enzo and TQO then it has been nobody, until now.

...god...

Reaction score
I've been flaming new members since like 2005... the method works, the longest active members I always insulted the most.

Shit, I've also been a mod since 2005, that's probably not a good sign.

also Enzo, if there is any untrue shots at me in that paragraph im gonna be SO PISSED.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I agree with what Enzo said about giving shit a chance. This site isn't going to reach any heights over night and everyone, not just the mods, need to play their part in making this a welcoming place for people to talk about wrestling and other shit. It's just that simple.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I completely understand what you are saying, and I would be more than willing to stop being sarcastic and whatnot if the people who actually signed up here wouldn't be on the same educational level as a Blaze or LKP. Seriously. I post at other forums (not just wrestling) and I can honestly say I've never seen a forum with as many morons as this one has had. Now granted a lot of them have left like the aforementioned Blaze and LKP, as well as Famous, CAPSLOCK, and a lot of other people, but even when they leave, people who sign up here seem to be on that same level or they just sign up and leave anyways. I'm sure if we cleaned up the forum, had actual staff who knew what they are doing, and people who care to promote the forum in a proper way, it would be a much more enjoyable, much more frequented place.

I think part of the reason the level of people you get as you put it (IE, the LKP's, the Blazes, etc) is again because of the poor reputation...most people with brains know to stay away. But I mean just because they don't seem smart, doesn't mean you have to insult them. Maybe encourage them...maybe they will get smarter.

Or you could offer ways of generating activing around here instead of bitching about how things are now. If you're not going to be part of the solution, what's the point of these types of threads?

You have to figure out the problem first before you can create a solution...

So, am I the only one who feels the forum is fine as is? Yes, we can use more members. Other than that, I don't really see a problem. Little things like certain threads not being pinned doesn't bother me at all. Like seriously, who cares? (fuckin Lucas...) if there's traffic in the said thread, its gonna be at the top of the page regardless. There's actually a decent amount of discussion going on at the moment.

I actually like the fact that this forum isn't strict and uptight. Relaxed rules (Y)... We're like the ECW of wrestling boards.

This is pretty much the only forum I visit regularly, aside from lakersground.

Hey I was a fan of the relaxed rules too..but I think there is a difference between being relaxed and being disrespectful. I just don't see why everyone feels the need to be a cyber bully here. I mean I know I've been guilty of these things myself, but I always tried to keep it in HIAT.

And again I didn't say anything about swearing, I said hate. I swear, but I don't use terms that are considered as hate speech. I think even a relaxed forum needs to do away with that or your never going to repair that reputation.

I am a smurf.

No offense to Outsider, but doing this to members, hurts the forums reputation as well.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Nope
teehee.gif

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
I get it, but to a newbie who doesn't know anyone here, it appears that the admin does whatever he wants to people he doesn't like. Maybe you should just infract him instead.

Glad to see sex-power is taking it seriously.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Dunno, pretty much every forum I've been on had admins editing unwanted posts (eg spam, insults to other members) more or less like that and nobody ever made a big issue out of it.

Beer

Reaction score
i opitimize almost everything that's wrong with the forum. sadly also so does carlos, which is why i don't think he should have been appointed in the first place. he will try but we all know and he knows that bias will get in the way. that's why i stepped down, i knew i didnt care enough about this place to act responsibly as an admin, i'd end up getting bored.

i think the main issue is is that members like me worked before. originally you pretty much just had g1, carlos and tdk. that was true up until about 08 when i started joining in and then also until about 09 when the aussies decided being proper members was boring. then suddenly after the whole mike chaos fiasco you have literally half the forum attempting to be 'trolls' if you would. then this clique business kicked in where basically all the older members and ones who could post literately ran the forum and the worse thing is the other members thought they could as well.

this forum is too full of houlier than thou trolls essentially and back in the day it worked because their were only a few in the masses of active members. now these originally 'trolls' and now clique members take up almost all of the forum. basically the clique won in terms of getting rid of all the stupid members we didnt like, however that also ended up being the demise because there was nothing left to do.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Shut up beer. I'm working on a project that may bring in a good number of members and possibly some good fight for you smurfs to have fun with.