What was the last movie you watched?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
The Fifth Element.

fifth-element-main.jpg

Just as good as I remember it.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Powder-Blue-film-images-6bcb8631-cc4a-4886-94e9-2bbf998aaed.jpg

Not a critically acclaimed film by any means, mostly known for Biel getting naked, but I like moody dramas like this. Forest Whitaker plays a loser so well, and Eddie Redmayne looks like Adam Lanza. Liotta is Liotta. Somewhere between Crash and Magnolia in quality, worth a look.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
A little known horror film from the early 2000's. One of my favourites. It doesn't get brought up as much as it should. It's got a pretty good cast with Ray Wise and Lin Shaye in the leads. Very creepy film with a great atmosphere and plot.

I watch it every couple of years and I enjoy it.

MV5BZWJiOGI0NGItYjU3Zi00YzI1LWI5ZWItMDBlNDhjODU2MjMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
RunLolaRun_B2_Japan-1.jpg

Run Lola Run has this distinct Y2K feel about it that I appreciate. The story takes a back seat to the style, but it's cohesive enough to have substance. It's like a Eurobeat version of Crank. Definitely a favorite of mine.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
MV5BOWY0ZWQwZTUtOTE1Zi00MTAxLWJmY2QtMWI4NDQ2OTk3NmQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

This is my Donnie Darko, in terms of how it encapsulated the existential apathy in the suburbs and the coping mechanisms people cling on to. The beginning and end of the film are soul rattling. It's not surprising that the critics hated it, or that the director only made this. It's too personal to tap into again, which is why I rarely watch it.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Fear Street: Part One - 1994

Excellent throwback slasher to the 90's. If you liked Scream, I think you'll really enjoy this. Give it a shot.

fear-street-part-one-1994-key-art.jpg

Zany Clowny

Reaction score
prisoners_of_the_ghostland_ver1101639.jpg

Trailer threw me off a little, but I enjoyed this a lot. It's like if you filtered Kurosawa through a post apocalyptic video game from 2013. Cage goes from subdued to batshit crazy in an instant as always, which is good to see. I wish I had more to say on the plot, it plods along until the halfway mark and really starts to get going. I need to check out more of the directors work. Would recommend, but it's no Pig.