• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
John Morrison won the Fatal Four Way match by pinning The Miz. It might be insignificant, but Morrison well and truly sold how he wanted the spotlight all to himself, and The Miz was quite "shocked" by the pin.

Pretty sure Finlay was down and nearby on the mat IIRC, so Morrison could have pinned him.

Reaction score
So, was that match for a title shot or sumthin'?

No. Just another meaningless ECW main event I guess.

John Morrison vs. The Miz vs. Finlay vs. Mark Henry.

Used as a Royal Rumble preview for ECW competitors on paper, but in reality became a future teaser for John Morrison's development into singles.

I'm surprised Mizorrison still compete on the ECW brand. They were beyond that about 3 months ago.

Airfixx

^^^I can see either:

a) Both Miz AND Morrison sufferring a comedy exits from the rumble

Or

b) One eliminating the other

The interesting this about them is that they never alligned as buddies - more that they ended up seeing a little of themselves in each other - so I don't think it necessarily plausible that they'll fall out easily just cos they're trying to one-up each other.

This is why I said a long time ago that I'd rather they just split and retain their alliance rather than take the typical split and fued route. Then you can treat them a bit like how DX is booked as a team everyone now and again.

PeepShow

Worth the bump. Pretty great show from what I saw after someone informing me of Christian returning. The show is well worth watching now with him, Swagger, Finlay, Morrison, and Bourne returning soon. Also, the potential program between Kidd (Wilson) and Noble will obviously own beyond belief as well.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The match they just had was pretty good. But I think it'll be a triple threat with Finlay involved too. I think he'll be turning heel too, either after NWO or leading to mania, or the ECW after mania.

Reaction score
A groundbreaking episode, and the brand can now plan enthusiastically towards Wrestlemania.

They were bogged down for awhile - The Boogeyman getting regular shifts on the show, and hopeless main events not even worthy of filling time on Raw.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
No, triple threats are too weak, and the WWE knows that well.

They are going to want to make Christian the face of ECW, so a singles match at 'mania makes him look like just that. He pulls an expected win at 'mania setting up for a dream match.

John Morrison v. Christian Cage after 'mania.

xtremebadass

If they can just get rid of Finlay, Hornswaggle, and Mark Henry I would proclaim ECW my new favorite show...mostly because of my homeboy Ricky Ortiz.

I mean come on, look at this talent!!!!

Christian
Swagger
Tyson Kid Guy
Noble
Morrison
Miz
BOURNE
Boogeyman
Ortiz
DJ Gabriel

That's alot of great talent!

noumenon

I'm still having such mixed reactions on him debuting on ECW. On one hand...he and Swagger tore it up, they honestly worked fuckin great together. Then I think about the subtle little dig that he couldn't cut it in the company before. I suppose I really have to shake the negativity out of my head and just enjoy it and hope that this is the start of something great for ECW.

BTW...great job moving both Natalya and Katie to shows without a womens title.

Haight

Reaction score
Did anyone else catch the belt fall off of Swagger's waist during his entrance?? Lol. I admit I've been down on ECW in the past but there are some interesting things happening. Tonight I sat down and watched it for the first time in a long time not excpecting much and all of a sudden Christian shows up. Unbelieveable...and this Tyson guy is looking interesting. Things are improving here