• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Exactly. To have a ladder match to promote a ladder match would be very stupid tbh. It'd be like having a belfast brawl to promote the match between JBL and Finlay, you save the actual match for the PPV. As you said also a ladder match needs to take up 20-25 minutes. The match we got tonight was great imo and it was about 15 minutes I'd say, which is pretty long for tv match, there's no way they could have stretched out long enough for a good ladder match. Don't worry you'll see Carlito-Shelton in a ladder match on Sunday in the MITB.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Plus a ladder match needs to have a goal. What would be the goal?

I just thought it was misleading with the breifcase up there and saying its a money in the back preview match.No big deal i just thought it was going to be a ladder match. The match was still a good so i guess it dident matter.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
The Benjamin vs Carlito match was probably one of teh best matches I have seeen in ages. The 12 man tag was pretty pointless when over half the superstar just stood on the apron.

Adampro123

Reaction score
I gotta say i loved ECW this past weekand especially the Carlito vs benjamin match. i gave it **** maybe thats because i am a huge benjamin fan but it was honestly a fantastic match.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Actually Show took it kind of light on him compared to what some people have done to him in the past. I love Delany, I'm curious what his future is though. I know he's got a contract for like 3 years supposedly, but he can only get beat up for so long so I'm curious what they're going to do with him over the long run.

Evil Austin

i think its great Kane is the champ , I always was a kane fan and i always thought he was miss used when he was champ for a day but the ecw title suits him well since he is not in shape as he was when he had the mask. so i hope he holds it for a while.

(And i didn't watch mania or ecw this week so i heard that he was the champ if i am wrong about this lol than please forgive me ok :) )

HHHforever

Reaction score
^No he's champ and I agree it was a great decision to give him the belt. I thought for awhile he deserved a world title, even if it is the ECW championship. I also agree that it does suit him well, I think he is definitely extreme, his creepy laugh on the mic tonight was awesome.

Kane being champion is the best thing ECW have done. i think that if Kane does retire then WWE want him to have at least one big lengthy title reign underneath his belt to boast about. plus i like Kane as a champion. his last reign of world champ was for one day. and this time it's been longer. i would've laughed though if he'd lost the title on ecw. first title reign is one day, second is two days!

EnterTamed

Reaction score
does anyone else think they should reform the new breed? elijah burke isnt being shown on tv too much simply becuase the writers are too lazy i guess. a new formation of the new breed would help put him back on the map

McLovin

Reaction score
Does anyone agree with me when I say that last weeks ECW as the worst of 2008, I don't know what it was but the main-event was the most boring match of 08 so far.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
In case anybody is wondering who that new dude is that debuted on ECW tonight was, it’s former OVW Tag Team Champion and WWE Developmental Talent Justin "The Ox" LaRouche. I swear when he first came out I thought it was Roadkill lol