WEC 53: Henderson vs. Pettis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
CM Punk isto win the title back soon.Thats bad as he should be on the mid or upper mid card over smackdown.We have all seen that he can do it.

Big Jabba

Reaction score
richard's or dreamer to hold the ecw title would be better, as they have no problem building up younger talent and have done so for a long time, it would get a slightly better rep woth them to.

Markz

Reaction score
An idea for ECW

I just wached the first three matches on the Rey Mysterio DVD. It made me think of the potential Lucha Libre has in the US, the fans loved the young Lucha's and what they could do in the ring, it created an amazing crowd reaction. *Hint: Good reaction = Good business*

The extreme Lucha action was such a different kind of wrestling it's so unique and entertaining, it comes to a point where the long list positives outweigh the small list of negatives.

So this lead me to think of where extreme Lucha could go today. TNA? Nah, they are more usefull for Japanese action and American Lucha (X-division/Cruiserweight.) ROH? In a way, they can be compared to what the original ECW was, but they hold a style quite different, they are more into the long matches with a 5 star quality, Lucha matches are usually short which makes sense for their speed. RAW/Smackdown!? No way, Raw is a place where they use a-list talent for money and attraction, they have hard-hitting/mat wrestling which is more suited for LIVE television, Smackdown on the other hand could be a good settling place, if you take out hindsight, they butchered the cruiserweight division and is now more used for the tag teams and the raw like action.

That leaves ECW, this show has been a question mark since it's resurrection, no one knows how to use it. Extreme? Doesn't fly in this day and age. Young development? Works for 20 Minutes and takes away the possibilty and great matches/match ups. Why not use this show to bring in the extreme lucha? Why not bring the cruiserweight title out onto the show and use a future heel to explain why it is dead and never coming back, then an unknown Lucha comes out and agrees, cruiserweight IS dead, but now extreme lucha is alive!!

This could bring a "PROVE IT" atittude, which you do by having great lucha matches each week. In the end you find that you have a show with a use. To bring hot lucha action back to the US, to develop future champions and a-list stars.

What do you think?

btman

Reaction score
It's pretty much why RVD, Sabu, Chavo, John Morrison (Not Lucha but a high flyer), Shelton Benjamin (Same thing), Rey and others were on ECW.

Montana

First of all, there is a ECW discussion thread.

Secondly, this idea has been said MANY times. Maybe not so much Lucha Libre, but bringing the CW belt to ECW. They have moved more of the smaller cruiser weight wrestlers to ECW but no title. The wwe isn't going to do Extreme Lucha because their wrestlers won't be able to do that style 300 times a year. Its a good idea, but Vince is stubborn, and his vison is more of a wrestling based ecw. So hopefully ECW moves more towards the cruiser weight side, imo.

Qwake

yeah that would be alright.
But these days all vince is doing with the crusierweights is putting them into tag teams like london & kendrick,The pitbulls,wang yang & moore etc

-TJ-

I say bring the CW's in SD and put them into ECW along with the title. That woudl be great......

PeepShow

I love at the begining of the show where Estrada says that Punk disrespected Chavo by throwing him into the Gulf of Mexico last week...:laugh:

Dumb heel comment tbh.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Yea that is pretty dumb considering that was the purpose of the match wasn't it? I mean if he just threw him in the Gulf of Mexico that'd be one thing, but wasn't that how to win the match? So what'd he expect him to just not win that match? lol