Update On RVD Possibly Returning To WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aniking

Reaction score
Rob Van Dam was never going to be a surprise Rumble entrant :lmao

A Money in the Bank return would be cool, likely as a surprise entrant. That's if he does re-sign, because as somebody previously posted, he left because of the hectic schedule and he probably won't abide by WWE's Wellness Policy.

Zen

Reaction score
I think his best days are behind and as evidenced by his TNA run, he seems to be nonchalantly collecting a pay check, half assing it. I don't think he is the wrestler he used to be, but I still think there is a solid upper mid card/occasional Main Event spot for him in the WWE. There are a lot of programs that he could be in, even if he half asses, there are a bunch of mid carders in the WWE that could potentially work around that. The WWE has a new generation of fans, but I think he still has considerable name value which is always an asset. The wellness policy, might be a problem but I think if the desire to come back is his, then he will probably clean up a bit and the WWE will probably be lenient where they can be. As far as the schedule is concerned, he will probably land a part time deal of some sort, or probably only be there for a short time. It will be interesting to see how the new generation reacts towards him.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE would be pretty keen on bringing him back since he is another with plenty of name value. I can't see him working a full time schedule since that is why he left in the first palce but maybe a short six month run after his TNA deal expires would work for him. Bringing him in at MITB or Extreme Rules would be a good way of introducing him to the fans again. Wouldn't put him near the title but he could help out a few of the newer faces in the mainevent scene if he is willing to put them over.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He could be planning a return to WWE AFTER his TNA contract expires?
Well duh, he's still in contract with TNA :no:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But surely TNA would loan him to WWE just so he can make a surprise appearance in the Rumble. He can wear a TNA shirt and then everyone will be happy ;)

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sad thing is TNA would take that probably and show it on Impact.

Vince would just start selling some old T&A merch and laugh his ass off