Update On RVD Possibly Returning To WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Regarding the online rumor of Rob Van Dam returning to WWE, Power Slam confirms in their latest issue that RVD is seriously considering returning to the organization once his contract with TNA Wrestling expires. The magazine adds that the feeling is mutual as people in WWE want the master of the Five-Star Frog Splash back.

"RVD from what we're told would receive a warm welcome in WWE," the magazine says.

Providing that no contract extension has been reached since his arrival to TNA Wrestling in March 2010, it would appear that Van Dam will be a free agent in the near future. It was reported in 2010 that RVD had signed a two-year contract with TNA.

During his hiatus from full-time wrestling, Van Dam said he would consider returning to WWE if and when he felt ready.

"One thing that's for sure is that WWE and I do have a good-faith understanding that if and when I'm ready to return that I’ll be talking to them. They look forward and hope that we'll be doing business again," he told the Baltimore Sun during an interview.

Van Dam, who turned 41 years old last month, performed for WWE from 2001 to 2007. Should RVD return to WWE, he would join a select group of former WWE world champions—Booker T, Kevin Nash and Mick Foley—who joined TNA and ultimately returned to the Stamford based organization.

pwpix

He would make a good Royal Rumble entrant, and he would be a welcome addition to the roster heading into Mania. Fact is he would half ass it less in WWE and he could be use in the midcard or tag divisions (he and Rey unite like in the games to go up against Air Boom maybe)

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Update On RVD Possibly Returning To WWE - "Would Receive A Warm Welcome"

I haven't been a fan of Rob for the longest time because he hasn't switched himself up at all as shown in his TNA run. With that being said though I do think there is a spot for him in the WWE, but I just hope he knows that he's an upper midcarder from here on out that can flirt with the main event. He's a more than credible name for your Rhodes, Zigglers etc to go over too. The main problem though is that he is obviously a bit advocate of weed which will be a huge problem I would imagine.

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
That'd be pretty sweet.

I'd hope he is on Smackdown and helps the younger guys out there, him tagging up with Rey would be a good idea as well.

I'd love to see an RVD/Christian feud though. (Both been to TNA and back)

Deuce

Reaction score
RVD should return and go to Smackdown, I just can't see the guy on Monday Night Raw at the moment. I like RVD so I would like to see him have some great main event matches on Smackdown if he even does return. Plus, Jericho just returned to Monday Night Raw so it would boost the ratings for the WWE if someone returned to Friday Night Smackdown as well.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Agreed.

RVD/Rhodes would be good as well.

There's a lot of matches he could have really. So many mid-card heels on SD.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
RVD should return and go to Smackdown, I just can't see the guy on Monday Night Raw at the moment. I like RVD so I would like to see him have some great main event matches on Smackdown if he even does return. Plus, Jericho just returned to Monday Night Raw so it would boost the ratings for the WWE if someone returned to Friday Night Smackdown as well.

It´ll be sooo good to have RVD on Smackdown. There are more things to boost the ratings of Smackdown. What about D-Bryan to turn heel? He doesn´t get any reaction as face whatever he´s on RAW or SD. Another thing I´d like to see happen to Smackdown is Rybacks return. I know, he´s never been on Smackdown but I´ll more then like to see him join.

Deuce

Reaction score
Meh, I like Rhodes and all but I just can't see a feud between those two. I think his best bet would be the first feud you said, with Christian.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Hope he returns at the Rumble.

Deuce

Reaction score
Same here Andrew, it's likely he will. I think he may do well there as well if he does return.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
last time i really cared for him was maybe 03. But watching him in TNA idk if its cause he has way too much freedom to so nothing, but he has been half assing everything and i think he botch in matches more then sin cara now. But with that being said i would like to see him back i agree with SAIYANS about him and rey vs Air boom, that could be some of the most amazing tag matches since 02.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He's done nothing for me in TNA and if he tries could have great use in WWE. The main thing as I've said before is I don't see how he'd be able to last with the drug testing. That's pretty much the only hurdle as to why I don't see him back but who knows.

TheZig

Reaction score
Im all for RVD returning to WWE when his contract is up with TNA, He would be a great enhancement talent and i think he could put on a few great matches considering his age. He doesn't look like he has cared since he joined TNA in 2010 and i don't think the fans have cared about him. For the most part of the last decade RVD has played a face character so maybe he could mix things up and have a heel run in WWE, I don't think it could work at the moment with the amount of heels on WWE TV but maybe in the future.

All the speculation aside he would obviously have to be drug free while wrestling for the company and i don't think taking the fines and suspensions would cut it, The IWC would eat him alive and he would be in the Hardy boat when it comes to the grief he would get even though its well documented he likes to toke it up.

Vivido

Reaction score
I highly doubt he will be in the same boat as The Hardys, he smokes weed, not crystal meth.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
^ That.

Just agree to a downside or merchandising percentage which offsets the fines for failing a weed test every month

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wasn't saying he was in the same boat as Hardy but they have been outlawing fake weed let alone actual weed. I guess PSYCH's idea would work but in theory be pretty silly when guys like Truth and Bourne have been suspended for fake weed.