Update On RVD Possibly Returning To WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Strongly agree on that there Hatred.

If he can come back either Rumble or after WM after Cody says there is nobody to face (Cue: RVD). That'd come off quite well I believe, I believe RVD could help guys like Tyson Kidd, Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater etc etc... They're hardly used and RVD's one of those guys who would put anybody over.

Aniking

Reaction score
RVD is a pretty well known name and when he returned at the Rumble in 09, he got a pretty good pop. Any addition they can get to SmackDown and especially someone like RVD would help out.

Any well known name that returns gets a good pop, whether they left as a heel or as a face. If RVD suddenly appearaed on WWE television, everybody would cheer for him, but it doesn't change the fact that ultimately nobody will be interested after he has been back for a few weeks. Like I said, he'll come back and wrestle a few matches, get himself involved in a feud and he'll be like anybody else on the roster.

I'd like to see RVD come back to the WWE, but I'd rather him put over talent rather then fight over a championship or anything. By all means he can have a title match here and there, but only to put over a mid-card champion that needs a boost. In saying that, I'd want RVD to be like Rey Mysterio - somebody who wins some top matches, but in the end he always loses the feud... but then his next feud he's just as credible as he was before. It'd be easy to book RVD in this way but get it all wrong by having him constantly lose or get a victory out of nowhere. Book him the way they've booked Booker T so far and they should be fine.

Lewb

Reaction score
His contract don't finish til March. My dream: MITB returns this Wrestlemania.... he surprise enters that! He dont win but makes it a spectacle and then carries on from there, putting people over and impressing in gimmick matches.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd say seeing from RVDs gimmick matches in TNA I wouldn't want him to comeback but then again Nash returned in front of a live WWE crowd at TLC and put on his best performance in years.

Lewb

Reaction score
I take nothing from TNA in merit. I go by how I know RVD, and thats a damn impressive worker with various weapons.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
With RVDs in ring ability, he can put on some great matches with some of the midcarders and people like Cody Rhodes. Will make them look better than they already are.

Its a shame we haven't seen that 'in ring ability' in over a decade then.

Hes 41 years old, hes hardly going to go back to ECW-era RVD now.

Vita

Reaction score
nothing makes me want to sign a guy like watching him mail it in every week for the competition...

Plus RVD left the WWE for years because of the schedule. Newsflash, the schedule hasn't changed. I don't see him coming back in any major role, the wwe won't get behind a guy they know does drugs and is lazy and most importantly, is OLD. He could come back, but more likely as a one off, or a short 6 month thing or midcard at best.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
RVD/TNA Contract Update
With rumors circulating that WWE has interest in bringing Rob Van Dam back to the company, stemming from a new Power Slam Magazine report, WrestlingNewsWorld.com is now reporting that RVD's current TNA deal expires in March of this year.

Someone mentioned something similar in this thread about his contract but here's a report I guess. No Royal Rumble return.

Deuce

Reaction score
He could be planning a return to WWE AFTER his TNA contract expires?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah it's most likely sometime later this year but I'm just saying a Royal Rumble return is 100% off the table.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
TNA doesn't want to be in the spot they were with last years Rumble so yeah a RVD return in probably likely for extreme rules imo

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Extreme Rules or Money In The Bank I'm going with, him in the MITB match again would be great. And with WWE's current roster, he'd work great with them and have some good spots.

rcoot93

Reaction score
im not against a RVD return but what does anooy me is the lack of crowd reactin he currently gets, but as soon as he apears on WWE his reaction will be huge, like nash and booker last year

Jay

Reaction score
Loved RVD in WWE. Maybe Booker and RVD can have one last run?!?!?!

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
TNA's crowd is always crap.

Booker/RVD wouldn't be that great, I don't think Booker will be wrestling much longer anyways, I'd rather Christian/RVD