Update On RVD Possibly Returning To WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Warren Static

Reaction score
I don't think he ever bashed WWE or guys like Cena after he left, I think he simply stated that Cena didn't fit the style he enjoyed. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I'd love too see him back and put over some of the young athletic guys like Bourne and Truth, hell even throw in a feud with Punk.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's the most formulaic guy in wrestling, pick any two matches of his the last ten years and I'll guarantee they are the same moves in the same order. Its a shame because he was the most innovative wrestlers in the business in ECW.

He can stay in TNA, I dont watch it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Funny thing is that the formula fits a wwe match. They stretch the matches out and give everyone signature moves, comebacks, and so on. They would also make him and his opponent sell the moves, tell a story, and slow down in general which is what TNA lacks IMO, any sense of in ring psychology

Wasn't saying he was in the same boat as Hardy but they have been outlawing fake weed let alone actual weed. I guess PSYCH's idea would work but in theory be pretty silly when guys like Truth and Bourne have been suspended for fake weed.

An ingredient in Spice is listed as being banned. Marijuana itself is listed as an offense worthy of a fine. The only reason he got suspended before was he got busted by the police with both belts, so they had to punish him just like any other sport would their athlete

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't think he ever bashed WWE or guys like Cena after he left, I think he simply stated that Cena didn't fit the style he enjoyed. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I'd love too see him back and put over some of the young athletic guys like Bourne and Truth, hell even throw in a feud with Punk.
Only thing I recall him somewhat understandably doing was voicing his displeasure about WWE's ECW. Never really said anything that would close the doors on him so he's been smart in that regard.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
RVD would be a good draw in WWE, I'd enjoy it if he returned.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Only thing I recall him somewhat understandably doing was voicing his displeasure about WWE's ECW. Never really said anything that would close the doors on him so he's been smart in that regard.

He dissed the hell out of TNA before he signed with them too. Something like why would I want to work with the likes of Christoher Daniels after years of working with stars in WWE, lol. Come to think about it, he wasn't lying as he half assed it and took their money

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Either way if he came back he could improve ratings, no lie.

Deuce

Reaction score
Of course he would, maybe not for long but he would bump the ratings up a tad bit WHEN HE RETURNED but after that I don't see the ratings going up as much.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Still reckon he could have a few great feuds, he'd be a great asset for the mid-carders.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
RVD has great in ring chemistry and can work good matches and put a lot of the young guys over, would be a great addition to the SmackDown roster. Ratings would go up too.

Hopefully a Royal Rumble return.

Aniking

Reaction score
How would Rob Van Dam returning boost ratings? If they hype his return, then yeah, I see the ratings going up the slightest of margins, but after that nobody will overly care. He'll have a few matches, eventually get himself into a feud, then he'll become like any other superstar on the roster.

That's if he's even used in that way. You never know, he could go down the same path as Nash and Foley rather than Booker.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I strongly believe a Christian/RVD feud should happen.

I'd much love to see that happen if RVD does return, as Hatred stated he'd help the guys in the mid-card strongly.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
RVD is a pretty well known name and when he returned at the Rumble in 09, he got a pretty good pop. Any addition they can get to SmackDown and especially someone like RVD would help out.
With RVDs in ring ability, he can put on some great matches with some of the midcarders and people like Cody Rhodes. Will make them look better than they already are.

How good would it help Rhodes if he can go over Booker T, then his brother Goldust then RVD which would push him even closer to the WHC and I think he deserves it at least by the end of 2012.