Update on KENTA Possibly Coming to WWE, His Farewell In Japan, When He Will Be Free

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Cork isn't wrong in saying they look like transgendered lesbians, bleach burnt hair, and eyeliner isn't exactly manly imo.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Tajiri had Regal and Muta had Gary Hart talking for them, if they don't speak English, they don't get over. Being a good wrestler isn't the end all, be all of professional wrestling. You can't get people to give a shit about you, just because you can wrestle.

Let's see how many Japanese wrestlers went stateside and didn't get over? Tenryu, one of the biggest stars in Japan, didn't get over and he was pushed heavily in his babyface tag team. Inoki didn't do much either, a failed PPV match against Ali.

It's not ignorant to say that, it's being realistic.

I agree. I never said that Japanese wrestlers have had big success in the States, nor have I said that their wrestling alone will get them over. I'm just talking about Cork's statement that all Japanese wrestlers look the same, hence their inability to get over. He's wrong on both counts.

If KENTA doesn't get over in the WWE (assuming he joins) it wouldn't be because the fans would confuse him with Yoshi Tatsu, who by Cork's logic looks exactly like him. That's all I'm getting at.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It's not necessarily looking the same either, it's just that they all follow the same general formula once they get to the states. Most of them dress the same and have the same "martial arts kicks" gimmick and shit. I'm not saying it's the Japanese guys' faults, its booking too, but Cork has a point.

WWE took one look at Morishima when he was the biggest star in Asia and said he was a fat lesbian who couldn't work.

Seen nothing in this guy that would suggest he'll be any more fortunate. WWE will prol rename him Stiff Jap Jobber and use him as enhancement talent at best, not that he deserves a better spot than that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
JR said use him in Florida for the new guys to learn different styles.

That is genius, it adds new flavours to that cookie cutter program and should do that with luchadores too, his age works against him for any semblance of a run, BUT, helping WWE with adding new dimensions to their developmental system, that's where you get your moneys worth out this guy.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
They could easily stick a manager on him. Give him some time in the ring before just sending him down to Florida. I think he'd do decent things in the midcard, at least help push some of the midcard guys.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Again, think this guy does better teaching and working with guys in developmental being a better fit, New Japan was jobbing the fuck out of him and All Japan have beef, NOAH is closer to being dead than Kirk Douglas. Not every guy signed by WWE means they will be on camera.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Again, think this guy does better teaching and working with guys in developmental being a better fit, New Japan was jobbing the fuck out of him and All Japan have beef, NOAH is closer to being dead than Kirk Douglas. Not every guy signed by WWE means they will be on camera.
Not saying you're wrong, but I can totally see the WWE wanting to make this guy out to be a big deal in Japan (whether that's true or not I don't know) kinda like they did with Mistico when they signed him and had him do a press conference and things.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I feel as though you may be underestimating him a bit deezy. Nothing says he can't get off to a great start.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I feel as though you may be underestimating him a bit deezy. Nothing says he can't get off to a great start.
All I'm saying is there are other more useful ways to use him.....Not everyone has to be on camera.

Also, he doesn't speak English, can we name ONE person not named Tajiri that got over without speaking English? Can we even name ONE Luchadore for that matter? Sorry, but a good match isn't all you need to get over. This isn't like any other combat sport where you can get a translator to tell everyone your thoughts after the match.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
All I'm saying is there are other more useful ways to use him.....Not everyone has to be on camera.

Also, he doesn't speak English, can we name ONE person not named Tajiri that got over without speaking English? Can we even name ONE Luchadore for that matter? Sorry, but a good match isn't all you need to get over. This isn't like any other combat sport where you can get a translator to tell everyone your thoughts after the match.

He doesn't have a distinctive look either, put him in a busy street in Tokyo and you'll lose sight him in a second.

Although on the other hand WWE doesn't really give a fuck about charismatic guys anymore, look at who they are pushing.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He doesn't have a distinctive look either, put him in a busy street in Tokyo and you'll lose sight him in a second.

Although on the other hand WWE doesn't really give a fuck about charismatic guys anymore, look at who they are pushing.
And guys like Cena/Orton/Cesaro/Wyatt and countless other guys would stick out in a busy American street right?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
And guys like Cena/Orton/Cesaro/Wyatt and countless other guys would stick out in a busy American street right?
Yes they would.....Those are terrible examples.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Erm, how do any of those guys in plain street clothes stand out?

A fat, long haired bearded guy? Yeah none of those guys around.
A balding guy who looks in his mid 40's? None of those guys around either.
Orton's body looks like he's chiselled out of stone no doubt, but in plain clothes he aint standing out either and the same goes for Cena really.

Pretty much most of the wrestlers in their civilian clothes will just blend in with the crowd unless their stupidly obscure like Big Show & Khali for example.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Erm, how do any of those guys in plain street clothes stand out?

A fat, long haired bearded guy? Yeah none of those guys around.
A balding guy who looks in his mid 40's? None of those guys around either.
Orton's body looks like he's chiselled out of stone no doubt, but in plain clothes he aint standing out either and the same goes for Cena really.

Pretty much most of the wrestlers in their civilian clothes will just blend in with the crowd unless their stupidly obscure like Big Show & Khali for example.
All men with above average height and built like brick shit houses.....Bad examples. Everyone notices the muscled-out gronks who walk around in normal environments. They are very noticeable.

And people stop and stare at fat guys with big beards.

Jericho, Miz, Bryan.....those are good examples, they blend in. Could've even said Mysterio.

Reactions: Slim

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Ziggler vs Sandow. The crowd has barely been behind either guy, but that match got some of the biggest pops they've seen in a while.