TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

And you can also use the sort of hype as both of them being ECW originals and whatever. / dunno.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I think Douglas is good.. he's a great heel IMO, and gets the job done.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Shane is fun as hell to write with when he's paired with JR. I try to think up a new fat joke every week.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
In approximately two months from now,
The next Gen BTB,
Is coming to a Forum near you,
and the action is live,
....The Federation which has Mr. Jarret and Mr McMahon shaking in their boots....

NWF live on (Insert date here) on (Insert Channel Name here)

Get Ready to feel the heat!

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Rofl.

Anyway, there was something I saw at another forum that I think could be transferred over here and help out some of the bookers who need help writing promos with whoever it is.

Basically, it would be a thread where whoever was running it (if there was high demand more than one) would take on the role of Generic Interviewer Twelve. Then the person who was having trouble writing promos (let's say they were having problems with Triple H) would engage in an interview with Generic Interviewer Twelve. GI12 would post some questions, and the person having trouble would answer them in character as Triple H as best they could. Then the other bookers could tell them what they did wrong/right.

Thoughts?

I personally like the idea. I know that it would have helped me a lot back wneh Raven was on POI. I couldn't write a Raven promo to save my life. That's why I had him fired. He's not coming back... ever!

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Levi, I'd go with Jimmy Hart, I don't really like Shane Douglas as a voice. Or you can pick some regular WWE reject, like what I did with Chris Masters and make him a super heel/idiot.

I personally like the idea. I know that it would have helped me a lot back wneh Raven was on POI. I couldn't write a Raven promo to save my life. That's why I had him fired. He's not coming back... ever!

I haven't done a Raven promo YET, but writing with him seems tough. I think what really set him apart for his time was where his interviews took place and how they would fit and contribute to the promo. (like a classroom) I'd just read the Raven poem by Poe, the pre-emo-ness of it can help with what Raven says.

http://www.heise.de/ix/raven/Literature/Lore/TheRaven.html

TRI

Reaction score
Raven is so fun to write with. His character is perfect, and back in the day he was amazing. You just have to be dark, and he was very philosophical in the way he talked.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Just wanna say, The Raven poem is pure awesomeness in a truck!

As of now, I finally did the backstory for my new BTB. Just tell me if you want me to post the thread now but I promise you that the shows will be posted longer than expected :p

As for the commentating team, I am also having some brainstorms of picking between Hart and Shane Douglas. Both of them could be nice color commentators unlike Sunny, 'coz I need to release my feminine side <no homo> if I use Sunny as she just compliments every good looking and big muscled Batista like wrestler. As for Hart, I think he is good in hyping up like, "Oooooh! This is going to be a good one!". While Shane could be the funny son of a bitch heel himself.

Well, I also threw out the Gards and Lennie, as this will only let Lennie talk and annoy Joey Styles while Gards tries to have a quick nap at the announcer's table :shifty:

Qwake

:roflmao:

Well they way you put the Hart/Douglas situation makes it tough now imo because while you need someone to hype everything up you also need someone to go against Styles when he talks up all the good face talent so its really a matter of what you would want more, good flowing commentary with Douglas or a good build up to your shows/matches with Hart. Should be a great BTB btw Levy, ill be reading it anyways! (lets hope you don't get like a certain booker and start doing btbs then quitting regularly, not naming anyone here though but we all pretty much see who I mean :shifty:)

While I'm posting I might as well tell you guys that IPW is back on track, finally finished the boring ass match I was up to and actually enjoyed writing the end of it and now I have a little more to do before posting the preview and the whole PPV...

CT Styles

Just wanna say, The Raven poem is pure awesomeness in a truck!

As of now, I finally did the backstory for my new BTB. Just tell me if you want me to post the thread now but I promise you that the shows will be posted longer than expected

As for the commentating team, I am also having some brainstorms of picking between Hart and Shane Douglas. Both of them could be nice color commentators unlike Sunny, 'coz I need to release my feminine side <no homo> if I use Sunny as she just compliments every good looking and big muscled Batista like wrestler. As for Hart, I think he is good in hyping up like, "Oooooh! This is going to be a good one!". While Shane could be the funny son of a bitch heel himself.

Well, I also threw out the Gards and Lennie, as this will only let Lennie talk and annoy Joey Styles while Gards tries to have a quick nap at the announcer's table
What about Explosive Fest?

Evil Austin

I think he said HEW was closing after Explosive Fest and after the Trio's tournament thing. So I beleive that is still getting posted.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
:roflmao:

Well they way you put the Hart/Douglas situation makes it tough now imo because while you need someone to hype everything up you also need someone to go against Styles when he talks up all the good face talent so its really a matter of what you would want more, good flowing commentary with Douglas or a good build up to your shows/matches with Hart. Should be a great BTB btw Levy, ill be reading it anyways! (lets hope you don't get like a certain booker and start doing btbs then quitting regularly, not naming anyone here though but we all pretty much see who I mean :shifty:)

While I'm posting I might as well tell you guys that IPW is back on track, finally finished the boring ass match I was up to and actually enjoyed writing the end of it and now I have a little more to do before posting the preview and the whole PPV...

Well I think I am going to have Shane Douglas, Jimmy Hart and Joey Styles in the announcing team :shifty:

What about Explosive Fest?

I am still going to post it later but as of now, I am thinking that I should post the last HEW Show before EF in Recaps.

Moonlight Drive

Jimmy Hart stole Gards' nickname, he's the real Mouth of the South.

I am still going to post it later but as of now, I am thinking that I should post the last HEW Show before EF in Recaps.
As long as Explosive Fest is the epic show I'm expecting it to be.

Part I of my PPV will probably be up in 2 weeks or so. I'm gonna be pretty busy over the next week or so, and I wanna put some work into making this BTB last.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I've come up my mind.....

from a MSN talk with the guy of loves Sex and Power said:
Joey Styles: Tonight folks! We have a great Main Event!

Jimmy Hart: Oh yeah! I want to see this in the ring right now! I can't wait this match to start! I will shout it in my megaphone and say this match is going to be great!!!!!!

Shane Douglas: Shut Up! You two blueberries! Let the Franchise do the talking!

Yes! This three will be my new announcing team!