Triple H Expected To Push More Tag Team Wrestling And Less Divas Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That was 10 years ago when he wasn't ready, But he's turned his whole career around basically, and he's a damn good singles competitor, one of my favorites in TNA. I'm not saying he wouldn't throw all that away for the extra money and going back to tags, but it would surprise me if he did.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The Dudleyz would be a great team to build a revamped tag division around.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bubba Ray is too damn old to be anywhere near a WWE mainevent, stick with TNA and continue the best run of his entire career, including his tag team run.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
They should look at some tag team wrestling from Japan too. And what about the Motor City Machine Guns? If what the news on the internet is saying is true, Shelly and Sabin could totally be the tag team to work the division around. Although PTP is looking like a promising tag team(hate all ya want) those 2 guys seems to have some kind of chemistry that works. The Uso's need to be used more too!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They should look at some tag team wrestling from Japan too. And what about the Motor City Machine Guns? If what the news on the internet is saying is true, Shelly and Sabin could totally be the tag team to work the division around. Although PTP is looking like a promising tag team(hate all ya want) those 2 guys seems to have some kind of chemistry that works. The Uso's need to be used more too!

Prime time? The only redeemable quality that team has is there celebration after they win. Both are greener than Hornswoggle pubes.

If there was to be a team to build around they already broke it up. I always thought Swaggler was the team to bring the division back and also bring them both into a giant push after they did that.

Whoever kiboshed that needs a headshake and a pinkslip imo.

TKK

Reaction score
Guys like Swagger, JTG etc. who aren't doing anything should be revamping the division.

NadupanyRobot

Reaction score
My opinion: In WWE Divas don't have good matches like Women in TNA. TNA matches with them have "balls" in WWE it is all about bikini... I want to see good Divas matches, not lazy, boring short matches with same ending every week. And more tag teams? I think it is great idea. I love tag team matches and there aren't many tag teams in WWE. Where are the times of Hardy Boyz, Team 3D, DX and so on? Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins... when they won the match? I don't remember that day... I think WWE waste talent... In a nutshell - More tag teams, less Divas :)

Oh sorry i didn't remeber that they won last week on SD cause their new gimmick makes me sick, so i forgot it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I am noticing a trend of hate for T-Reks, imo, atleast he has a very distinctive look, and I have never seen anything from him that would warrant this negativity.

Also, TNA put the title on Tessmacher, and is planning on putting Brooke Hogan in the ring. I also remember a match between Sharmel & some Jenna broad. TNA's women are just as bad at times, atleast WWE is trying to use fewer women to make the division relevant. I would guess that Beth, Nattie, & Tamina would be the ones already employed to build that division around.

Hawkins/Reks, The Usos, Hunico/Commacho, R-Boom, PTP, Epico/Primo, & The Ascention sounds like a well rounded tag division to me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I hope that this report turns out to be true because I really want to see a proper tag team division again. I have been waiting a long, long time for WWE to organise the division again and start to pay more attention to it. It is starting to look promising with four tag teams currently on television and the brawl they had on Smackdown was good. Better than just feeding the champions one team at a time whilst ignoring the rest of the teams.

As for the Divas division I wouldn't mind if they went back to the old format of having just a handful of really talented female wrestlers and focussing on them. Good news that the hiring of random models is stopping because whilst they are great to look at the matches are terrible.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Still waiting for the Jewish and physically-disabled tag teams.

Oh, don't give Goldberg and Eugene a reason to come back. Please, for the love of whatever deity you find
relevant, let them stay where they are!

On topic, I love the idea of them shortening the diva's/women's or whatever division. Quite honestly, unless
they can find some Lita caliber girls, they should just cut it completely.

TKK

Reaction score
I find it funny that they decide to lose the focus on the Divas division once Del Rey signs with them, as long as she gets a run with the belt I'll be happy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I find it funny that they decide to lose the focus on the Divas division once Del Rey signs with them, as long as she gets a run with the belt I'll be happy.

I think that she will be fine. To me it sounds like they want to get rid of most of the crap model divas and would rather have a smaller Diva roster filled with women that can actually wrestle.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I am stuck thinking about how things worked when Trish & Lita were around.

Trish & Lita were basically THE names of the division, and you had a decent list of competition in Molly Holly, Victoria, Jazz, & Gail Kim(in the later years) that rounded everything out. Sure you would get those random moments where people like Torrie Wilson, Stacey Kiebler, & Nidia would get enough buzz around them that they would put them in matches that didnt involve getting their clothes ripped off, but for the most part these were your lower card divas at the time.

If this new direction sees names like Natalya, Beth, Del Ray, Tamina, & Kaitlyn as the focal point, and names like Eve, Layla, & the rest of the models are left as valets, or filler for battle royals I am all for it.

Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score
HHH came in with Chynna he's a fan of good wrestling I believe. Tag team is good to bring in young talent it makes sense.

Having the models like Kiebler and stuff is good aswell it works when you mix them with good wrestlers the trouble is when thats all you have and nobody can wrestler

Last edited by a moderator: