Triple H Expected To Push More Tag Team Wrestling And Less Divas Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Those that are close to Triple H have stated that as he gains more power within[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]WWE[/FONT][/FONT], that they expect more effort put into[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]tag[/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]team[/FONT][/FONT]wrestling, and less put into the Divas wrestling.

Triple H has been said to never be very high on women's wrestling, but feels that a solid tag team division is very valuable. While WWE has added female talent to developmental, the feeling is that Triple H will focus on having a few solid workers in the Divas division and keeping the attention on them.

Furthermore, it is said that the days of signing female talents from modeling agencies and magazines are said to be gone. This is something that took place under the reign of[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]John[/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]Laurinaitis[/FONT][/FONT]in charge of talent relations. Triple H wants to more as far away from that way of doing business as possible

Credit: The WrestlingObserver.com viawrestlezone.com

Finally the tag team division will be alive again, as for the divas, thank goodness no more chicks from bikini Magazines, sucks that Hunter isnt a fan of women's wrestling though.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't think Triple H isn't a fan of womens wresling, so much as not a fan of "Divas" wrestling.

And I've before that Laurinitis was using his position as his personal casting couch for years.

I do find it amusing almost a year or two ago, people were claiming when Trips get powah, that would be the end of wrestling.

Kind of looks like a resurgence for pro-wrestling to me, hope it pans out true.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'll admit I do criticize Triple H a lot but I give massive props so far from a business stand point. Other than Sin Cara, I've been a fan of what he's looking into. Honestly I don't give much of a damn for women's wrestling and to be honest, whats on the roster. Beth Phoenix is the only diva I really care about and has legit talent in the ring although if they gave Natty more time, I'm sure I'll care again although Natty needs to stay from a microphone. Layla, Kelly Kelly, Eve, AJ give me a break, I'd rather see tag team division continue to be elevated.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Triple H is awesome, everything bad said about him was more to due with him believing himself to be the face of wrestling and WWE TV. And when we look back at the past, there is an argument that can be made that he's up there as one of the best, if not the best. He really was there for the E when there literally no one else that could hold up as the face... after Austin and Rock retired, before Batista Orton and Cena were ready... he was there to take the brunt of the workload and even today he is at the top... old as the man is, with kids and a business future. I'm for Triple H taking the company over, there is no one who has earned his stripes or put more time in this business except for the likes of McMahon of himself and The Undertaker. I'm 100 % sure that Taker has a spot in the company for life, whether it be just sitting on his ass and getting paid for it... he deserves it for all the time he put his body on line.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If all these reports about what Triple H wants to and will do with his power are true (and I believe they are for the most part), then I think we can expect some good programming for a little while. I'm all for less divas since women's wrestling is pretty much dead at this point.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Just as long as "more tag team wrestling" doesn't mean "more jobbers getting unneeded tv/ppv time", I'm willing to give it a chance.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just as long as "more tag team wrestling" doesn't mean "more jobbers getting unneeded tv/ppv time", I'm willing to give it a chance.

But, people like the Hardy's wouldn't have gotten over by that kind statement.

Tons of great tag teams were mere jobbers before they got their big break.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Are you saying Primo and Epico could be the next Hardy Boyz?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
If Epico improves to Primo's level, then sure.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Are you saying Primo and Epico could be the next Hardy Boyz?
To be fair I didn't think the Hardy's were gonna be shit until their first feud with Christian and Edge. So I'll agree with the notion that you never know but I think the Uso's got way more potential to be a big tag team than Epico and Primo.

As for this sounds like a great plan I just realistically know how many reports we always see about pushing the tag division more and it never really pans out. But hope it happens and hope the idea of just pushing the solid workers of the divas happens too.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If Epico improves to Primo's level, then sure.
Why? Jeff never had to improve to Matt's level.

In all seriousness, I just find the comparison ridiculous. The Hardys, E&C, NAO's... those teams had charisma and marketability. None of the current tag teams do. WWE is going to need to go fishing in the indy's or start pairing up some of these young guys who haven't had runs yet. Maybe even call a few up from FCW. The guys like McIntyre and Swagger who already had singles runs aren't going to make it far in a serious tag division, they'll just come off as "odd couples" considering it will be hard to instill the tag team aura around them. You also need a reason that they chose to pursue tag gold as opposed to singles gold and it would be hard to make sense of it without making them seem like rejects.

I'd like to see some retro tag teams, big guys like the Road Warriors, Demolition, etc. But every time WWE gets a new big guy, he goes right into the singles pool. If WWE debuted two big guys at the same time as this new intimidating force with no track record, it could go over very well. Like if they did that with Ryback and another guy his size... that may have went far.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well to be fair, the road Warriors meshed so well, because they were lifelong friends.

Demolition meshed, because those two had years of experience (especially Eadie) and used their knowledge of working people to get over. Same goes for the Hart Foundation and Rockers.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I don't understand the criticism of HHH. The bigges issue in wrestling right now is that wrestlers aren't writing the product they have television guys doing it that have little knowledge of the product. I don't blame HHH for not wanting to spotlight "Divas" wrestling I wouldn't mind a focus on Women's wrestling though. I don't mind divas like Trish and Maria who learned the business and performed but how many manage to pull off four moves and end the match without breaking a sweat.