Triple H Expected To Push More Tag Team Wrestling And Less Divas Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Well to be fair, the road Warriors meshed so well, because they were lifelong friends.

Demolition meshed, because those two had years of experience (especially Eadie) and used their knowledge of working people to get over. Same goes for the Hart Foundation and Rockers.
I don't care how they mesh really, just as long as they're interesting, which none of the current tag teams are. I agree with PHX about the Usos, and I'm really surprised WWE threw up the white flag with them right out the gate practically, but I'm very much against the "ethnic era" the tag teams currently represent. I like to have diversity in WWE, but not when it's all regulated to the tag division and every single tag team in that division is paired up strictly according to their ethnicity. It's truly some Nazi shit I wish WWE would move away from. Still waiting for the Jewish and physically-disabled tag teams.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Being able to mesh well with your partner is what makes a team interesting.

You sure say alot, but alot of it doesn't make much sense.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Being able to mesh well with your partner is what makes a team interesting.

You sure say alot, but alot of it doesn't make much sense.
"Alot" doesn't make sense either.

And it makes perfect sense, I even explained why they should mesh by bringing up wrestlers with failed singles runs who shouldn't be "odd couple" tag teams that the ruthless aggression era butchered the tag division to shit with.

I just said I DON'T CARE HOW they mesh. The concept of "meshing" is obviously very important. They can also mesh according to other things besides what they look like on the outside.

Understand now?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
"Alot" doesn't make sense either.

And it makes perfect sense, I even explained why they should mesh by bringing up wrestlers with failed singles runs who shouldn't be "odd couple" tag teams that the ruthless aggression era butchered the tag division to shit with.

I just said I DON'T CARE HOW they mesh. The concept of "meshing" is obviously very important. They can also mesh according to other things besides what they look like on the outside.

Understand now?

Again, I bring up tag teams with failed singles runs that became great teams and they didn't look alike. New Age Outlaws were failed singles wrestlers who were slapped together. Faarooq and Bradshaw. Hell even Edge and Christian were not initally slated for a tag team run. They all just made it work by meshing well together.

Odd couple tag teams were never meant to alst long during the Ruthless Agression era, it was just to push the two tag titles with guys who had nothing to do. You do have to realize how big the roster in WWE was during that time.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I never would have thought Miz and Morrison would have done well together, but it was the most interesting tag team of that team, besides Crime Time.

Bring back Crime Time, where is Shad now a days?

Bring the Accession to the main roster. Think they would do well. Bring Usos back to TV. Continue pushing PTP and Primo/Epico. Push Reks and Hawkins (Best team on the roster) and use Kidd/Gabriel more. Evan Bourne could team with someone when he comes back too. Heard PAC was signed. I think they would make a good team. They have the flipping Kings of Wrestling signed, and could throw them together sometime in the future if they wanted too. Alex Shelly is on the free market as well, and I think Sabin will be soon as well. That would be a huge pick up. WWE has a lot of potential in the tag division. They just need to actually make it happen. They're problem is that they bring in a team, use them for two weeks, then give them a tag title match. It's like no one earns it anymore.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Again, I bring up tag teams with failed singles runs that became great teams and they didn't look alike. New Age Outlaws were failed singles wrestlers who were slapped together. Faarooq and Bradshaw. Hell even Edge and Christian were not initally slated for a tag team run. They all just made it work by meshing well together.

Odd couple tag teams were never meant to alst long during the Ruthless Agression era, it was just to push the two tag titles with guys who had nothing to do. You do have to realize how big the roster in WWE was during that time.
You mentioned the Rockers, The Hart Foundation, the Hardy Boyz, Demolition, and the Road Warriors... 5 teams who entered WWE as tag teams with no previous run in singles. Same for the NAO actually, Billy Gunn was strictly a tag team wrestler with a few previous gigs (Smokin Gunns and I forgot the other) and Road Dogg was a manager. They were not singles competitors in WWE prior. It was easy to pair them up like nothing ever happened with them before because Gunn in particular was already very much established as a tag team wrestler and Road Dogg had nothing but JJ to stand on and no one gave a crap about either of them.

I just think WWE would benefit more by bringing in fresh teams from the get go instead of using what they've already worked with and failed with. Even Primo and Epico could be useful in the division, but WWE needs to build that division around more prominent teams first. Those two clowns aren't going to sell anything.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The Hrdys were court jesters, E&C were vamp wannabes who werent even portrayed as full blown like Gangrel, the outlaws were floating in obscurity, etc all to they got a shot.

Whose to say two jobbers can't get their act over after being lost in the shuffle and not having a direction once they get paired together, and if they take it seriously?

Miz and Morrison had no direction but went on to be the face of the divisions, as in plural. Titus and Young were stuck on Redemption before being paired together, then clicked and got a shot on SD, and are the now number 1 contenders who have worked more than one ppv all while being on tv sometimes twice a week. Bourne and Kofi were directionless and then they became Air Boom and had the world in their hands until Evan fucked it all up. Just saying. Hell Londrick we're jobbers who barely got off Velocity as singles acts and then became champs who were on every SD brand ppv.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
This report comes out every 3 months.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
The Hrdys were court jesters, E&C were vamp wannabes who werent even portrayed as full blown like Gangrel, the outlaws were floating in obscurity, etc all to they got a shot.

Whose to say two jobbers can't get their act over after being lost in the shuffle and not having a direction once they get paired together, and if they take it seriously?

Miz and Morrison had no direction but went on to be the face of the divisions, as in plural. Titus and Young were stuck on Redemption before being paired together, then clicked and got a shot on SD, and are the now number 1 contenders who have worked more than one ppv all while being on tv sometimes twice a week. Bourne and Kofi were directionless and then they became Air Boom and had the world in their hands until Evan fucked it all up. Just saying. Hell Londrick we're jobbers who barely got off Velocity as singles acts and then became champs who were on every SD brand ppv.

This is where I will defend Bourne of course. Bourne did violate the wellness Policy but so did Truth, and Truth is now the tag champ. Bourne was involved in a car accident that had to take him out for a long time. Not his fault at all. He may have caused Air Boom to lose the titles for 60 days at most. But they could have won them back after he returned. The car accident is what ruined Air Boom. Not his fault at all.

Bourne could always return to Air-Boom though. I'd love to see it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's not the fact that Bourne failed wellness so much is that he failed it TWICE, the second being right when he was brought back after they waited a month of it just being Kofi running around with one of the pennies. Truth hasn't had any other problems since his one failed test.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
It's not the fact that Bourne failed wellness so much is that he failed it TWICE, the second being right when he was brought back after they waited a month of it just being Kofi running around with one of the pennies. Truth hasn't had any other problems since his one failed test.

I don't have a problem with Truth and Kofi...I think they would be a better if WWE actually pushed them. Gave them more TV time and promo time. We don't even know the basis of there team. Why did they start teaming? We don't know anything. Theres no reason to them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Plus in defence of Truth he has more charisma in his little finger than Bourne does in his whole body.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Plus in defence of Truth he has more charisma in his little finger than Bourne does in his whole body.

But Bourne can do all that flippy kicky stuff that some people like. Just don't give him a mic and he'll stay over.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Flips you want flips?

Truth adds flips and splits to normal everyday actions lol, so he is better there too. I mean he flips on a simple elbow, dances for a leg drop, hits a split to avoid opponents, and his axe kick is literally like a 360 corkscrew.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
But Bourne can do all that flippy kicky stuff that some people like. Just don't give him a mic and he'll stay over.

Tbh, Kidd does it better. Helps that he's become semi-decent of the mic, too.