Triple H Expected To Push More Tag Team Wrestling And Less Divas Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
More Tag Team Wrestling? Yes

Less Divas Wrestling? It depends

AF.

Reaction score
I never like Womens wrestling, especially in the WWE. Couldn't care less if they done away with the division forever.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I can understand those that have never been that impressed by the Divas before and probably see them as close to a lost cause at this point. But WWE's constant dismissal of the women still bums me out at times, even if I know the overall product isn't going to suffer. I keep seeing glimpses of potential that with just a bit of commitment on WWE's part would do a lot to help polish and improve their work more. I always fall back to the Trish Stratus example at this point, I truly believe that she wouldn't have developed into the worker she became without giving her the opportunities she needed to push herself. She really is one of my all time favourites because I can "see" her evolution. I don't see how any of these girls are supposed to improve too much when there is so little for them to work towards, especially as WWE sees them as less and less of a commodity.

Then again, I think I'm the only one who cares and this is still a step in the right direction, its just the attitude behind it that discourages me a bit. If Triple H really wants to have the division revolve more around the workhorses of the division at the sacrifice of air time, I can still respect that. At least the matches will have some more substance.

I want to comment on the Tag Division finally getting some love because it sounds awesome, but without any real details or motives to go on in the report I'll take it with grains of salt (or however that stupid phrase goes). In fact, its the same vague promise I've been hearing for years from the sheets. But whatever, optimism and all that.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
From what I read the attitude would be to give a few of the girls who can actually work good the t.v time and no longer look for the Kelly types. In which case that is great news.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
That's the side of it I like, but the general "focusing less on" thing bothers me. I mean, Raw is 3 hours and the girls still get about 5 minutes in the ring. How much more Divas air time are they planning on cutting here?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm all for girls like Death Rey getting the pushes while Kelly stays in the gym attempting to get better.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
That's the side of it I like, but the general "focusing less on" thing bothers me. I mean, Raw is 3 hours and the girls still get about 5 minutes in the ring. How much more Divas air time are they planning on cutting here?
If they insist on pushing the types of divas they have been, hopefully all of it.

Lewb

Reaction score
The tag team "The Ascension" from nXt. Thats who they need to come up and start this overhaul of the tag division if Triple H is actually serious about it. Maybe the current tag teams in the WWE can't get to Hardy/Dudley status, but I believe the ascension can, they're getting genuine heat on nxt from what i've seen of them, it worked in fcw and could really work in the wwe. From there would be the hard work because legit tag teams... I don't hardly see any from there.

As for the less divas... We're never gonna get the days of Trish vs Victoria in a hardcore match back so I don't really care all that much.

Reactions: 2 people

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Womens wrestling was cut in the 80's and allowed the tag division to have the time to become established, and lets face it the tags never had as many teams as they did then. If this is an attempt to use a tactic that has worked in the past, it is one I wont mind. I would rather see a division of 10-14 guys get pushed instead of watching the same 4 women who cant wrestle their ways out of a paper bag. The teams that WWE have now, I can see them getting a grip on it, and just need a few things to actually make that impact so people will get interested again.

There is always potential that a "legends" team may make its way back if the tags are getting more focus, Brothers of Destruction would allow Taker to still get tv time, and be in a more relaxed situation, and the NOA are always a possibility with them both working behind the scenes. Then there is the Headbangers in ROH, if they play thier cards right they might find themselves back to elevate the younger teams(and would be an awesome gimmick against The Ascention), hell even Gangrel who re-emerges from time to time could return again and team with Christian. If used right, any of these teams could bring the spotlight onto the division, and just as everything starts heating up, drop the belts to a young team. Focus on the division, and elevation of young talents all in one swift move.

And when I think of names that could be paired off, I see alot of potential. Rey & Cara, with how popular multi-man matches are in Mexico a tag of these two is marketting genius, and the time out of the match would help Rey keep up his appearance of being fast. Ohno & Cesaro, you have to just know that the back-up plan is to make these 2 a team IF their singles runs hit a brick wall, and Santino & Brodus for all we know could become the next comedy duo of the WWE. Those are just random pairings I can see that might have a chance of working.

Bring back the championship scramble concept, and have 4-5 teams go at in in texas tornado rules. Bet the fans would eat up the fast paced action and crave more tag matches. Tag Team Money in the Bank, 6 team Elimination Chambers, 3 massive concepts that could be used every 4 months to inject more interest into the division.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Dudley's contracts are about o expire as this rumor/news breaks as well

TKK

Reaction score
Hopefully, this is true. The WWE needs to revamp that whole division with new talent in my eyes. No team in that division stands out as having E&C or Hardy Boyz potential. That is until KoW reunite and absolutely murder everyone. I'd like to see them bring in some indy teams, maybe the RockNESS Monsters and Ryan & Brian-Cage Taylor, to add some wrestling ability to the division. It's been a long time since a tag team title match had me on the edge of my seat.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I don't think the Dudleys are going anywhere since they both went over on last PPV and plus, I don't think WWE would pick up two guys in their 40's.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think Bully Ray likes being near the main event for the first time in his career. Not sure if he wants to backtrack just for more money but you never know.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well it isn't the first time in his career. The first time he was near the main event and gaining steam, he damn near broke HHH's neck on table because he couldn't hold him