"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

A decent PPV but no ROH best... But better than some of 2007 pro wrestling PPV shows....

I agree. It wasn't their best effort, but solid. It was 1:55 because all ppv's are 2 hours, plus like a hour of bonus matches (or so)

would you like to see elijah Burke in ROH???

It would be great if ROH could steal Burke, however I hear he's a lock for TNA. In fact, he's dating so cal val. Either way, is better than not being around in the wwe.

Airfixx

1. Assuming DiBiase returns and goes straight back into Legacy, which four guys would you pick to form an opposing faction and why?

2. What did you make of Armageddon (I thought it was the best PPV of the year save for WM & RR)?

3. JBL/HBK - Future fued of the year 2009?

4. That old chessnut, The brand extention... It's as meaningless right now as I can ever recall it being. If it wasn't for the ability to have 2 major championship matches at every PPV, would it still exist?

With a bit of a reshuffle and revision of how they put together a show do you think WWE could succesfully go back to having just one major title?

...And if so, do you think that unification is the way towards a better WWE?

Montana

1. Assuming DiBiase returns and goes straight back into Legacy, which four guys would you pick to form an opposing faction and why?

I think you can pretty much insert any faces here. It just doesnt seem like too many guys fit together, or need to be involved in this fued. To me, CM Punk should be the focal point of the guys opposing the Legacy. I would toss around the idea of Christian returning to raw as well. I would consider bringing in the canadian bulldogs, as a face 2nd gen tag team.

1) CM Punk. (Leader of the new school of sorts)

2) HBK (wise vetern)

3) Koffi Kingston (flashy new star)

4) Goldust ( just fun to see goldust and cody going at it)

2. What did you make of Armageddon (I thought it was the best PPV of the year save for WM & RR)?

I thought Armageddon was a GREAT ppv, for the card. In fact, i think that ppv kept my interest, more so than any ppv this year, other than mania. Lots of great matches and segments. Storybook like booking. (hardys to open/close the show) It was a special moment for the wwe, with hardy winning the championship. Great wrestling in pretty much every match.

Punk vs Mysterio 3.5
Batista vs ORton 3.25
Cena vs Jericho 3.25
Hardy vs Edge vs HHH 4.0

Very good for wwe standards. I did think SummerSlam was a big ppv too. Decent year for ppv's. Seems like the wwe put forth effort into all the shows.

3. JBL/HBK - Future fued of the year 2009?

Oh hell no. It does have a lot of potential, but JBL wont hang with HBK in the matches. I think its a great storyline for JBL, but a bad choice for HBK so close to mania. I actually think this would be a good place for a hardcore holly return. To side with JBL saying he's broke. With HBK saying he's broke, we just dont believe him. I think the fans are seeing right through this storyline.

4. That old chessnut, The brand extention... It's as meaningless right now as I can ever recall it being. If it wasn't for the ability to have 2 major championship matches at every PPV, would it still exist?
With a bit of a reshuffle and revision of how they put together a show do you think WWE could succesfully go back to having just one major title?

It could work. But i think it depends if you have 2 shows and 1 title or 1 show and one title. If they were to go to one brand, i would imagine a handful of guys would get cut. The younger guys wouldn't get shots as often. So i dont think there is any real benefit for the wwe to go back to one brand. It will spice up the wwe for a year, but in the long run, its best with two.

...And if so, do you think that unification is the way towards a better WWE?

Nah, like i said earlier, its a good idea in the short run, bad in the long run. If you think things are stale now, just imagine 2-3 years down the road with the same guys. At least with 2 brands, you always have fresh matchups, when you need it. I would just unify the tag belts, so they have more meaning.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
so that Film "THE WRESTLER"
have ya-seen tha' trailor for it yet?

and if so, on the song at the beginning, is it "RAISE YOUR HEAD!" or is it "BANG YOUR HEAD!"...?

just askin'.

oh-yea...

MVP losing streak, yo-views?

and R-Truth, possible relation to the Predator?

Beer Money Army

I just got Raw 1995,Impact 2004, Smackdown 1999 seasons in the mail today...

is There any matches i should look out for during these tv shows?

Evil Austin

Which is your favorite year in wrestling from 2000 until now and why like what feuds and title reigns did you like in that particular year you chose.

Most disapointing ppv for this year so far (for me its the Unforgiven ppv to be honest it just didn't deliver as much as it was hyped up to be.)

TNA or ROH which brand had a better 2008? why?

Mike Adamle, two month gm reign was he good or are you glad it is over.?

Montana

so that Film "THE WRESTLER"
have ya-seen tha' trailor for it yet?

and if so, on the song at the beginning, is it "RAISE YOUR HEAD!" or is it "BANG YOUR HEAD!"...?

I seen the trailer, but dont remember the song. I'll have to look at it again.

MVP losing streak, yo-views?

It doesnt make sense to me. Im ok with a regular losing streak, but this has gone out of control. Almost to the point, like they are setting up for something big to turn that around. Not real sure where its headed. Could be a switch to raw?

and R-Truth, possible relation to the Predator?

Hmm, could be.

I just got Raw 1995,Impact 2004, Smackdown 1999 seasons in the mail today...

is There any matches i should look out for during these tv shows?

Off the top of my head no. Im at work, so i can't look much up. I'll post something later if i find something

Which is your favorite year in wrestling from 2000 until now and why like what feuds and title reigns did you like in that particular year you chose.

Well, 2001 was good with the invasion. 2006 and 2008 were also good years in my opinion. The ppv's in 2008 were good considering their talent roster. 2006 had some nice runs with Cena/Edge, Dx storylines and ECW returning.

I'll say 2006. I'll say it because ROH had a incredible year in wrestling history. I'd put that year against any company all time in wrestling. You had TNA putting on some good stuff that year. Bound for Glory was a real good show. The wwe did a solid job that year wtih Cena and EcW. You had a very solid WM with 22. Entertaining year all around.

Most disapointing ppv for this year so far (for me its the Unforgiven ppv to be honest it just didn't deliver as much as it was hyped up to be.)

I agree. I'll have to double check, but Unforgiven does stick out for me.

TNA or ROH which brand had a better 2008? why?

ROH has had the better year. They had somewhat of a off year so to speak, but show for show, it isn't close. However you want to look at it, 12 ppvs vs 12 shows. Best ppv vs. Best PPv. Fueds, storylines.

I do give credit for the MEM storyline, and now that Pearce is booker, ROH might not be a better show, but for the most part of 2008 ROH dominated in terms of a quality product.

Mike Adamle, two month gm reign was he good or are you glad it is over.?

I enjoyed it. What has stephanie done the first month? Nothing? I was pretty entertained by Adamle, and thought he played his role great. I really like the character, but i guess everyone else didnt. I thought they could have used him better like, armando estrada. The wwe dropped the ball with these guys, but yet Vickie is still GM. Go figure.

So I'll say im not glad its over. Im sure the Steph/Shane thing will lead somewhere, but who cares. We've been seeing them fued for quite some time now.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Q1.Your thoughts on "The Ultimate Fighter" finale?

Q2.What do you think will be the outcome of the JBL/HBK storyline?

Q3.It's almost official: Kong's out of challengers in the Knockouts Division... Agree?[/b]

Q4.What's so great about being a smod?[/b]

Q5.How interesting in your opinion will the Jarrett/Angle fued get after this past iMPACT?

Q6.Have you seen the video to Bobby Lashley's 1st MMA fight?

Montana

Q1.Your thoughts on "The Ultimate Fighter" finale?

I dont really watch it. I mostly just catch the ppv's here and there.

Q2.What do you think will be the outcome of the JBL/HBK storyline?

HBK beating JBL. What other outcomes would there be???

Q3.It's almost official: Kong's out of challengers in the Knockouts Division... Agree?

hmmm. No. I would think they could give ODB a good push to finally beat Kong. But other than that, yes.

Q4.What's so great about being a smod?

More work??? Ah, nothing really. I basically get to moderate the whole forum rather than one specfic section. So i can edit any post, ban anyone. stuff like that.

Q5.How interesting in your opinion will the Jarrett/Angle fued get after this past iMPACT?

I think its been a pretty good fued. I'm liking the promos, but it seems to be losing a little bit of seem. The whole "i brought you in, to save the company" angle was really good i thought. Now its more advancing the fued. Probably about the 5th or 6th best fued this year.

Q6.Have you seen the video to Bobby Lashley's 1st MMA fight?

yea, i just seen it. He looks pretty impressive. I'm sure it will take some time to get trained better with different backgrounds, but he could be a force in the MMA world. Those right hands looked deadily.

Airfixx

Wrestle-Santa arrived a bit late this year... (He got pissed and a touch side-tracked watching the new Mr Perfect DVD over and over).

Anyway, he's here now....

"What's on your 2009 wrestle-wishlist, young man?" ;o]

Montana

"What's on your 2009 wrestle-wishlist, young man?" ;o]

Hmmm, Assuming you mean, what i want to see happening in 2009.

WWE:

- RVD and Christian return to the WWE (main event slots)

- RVD in good shape in a match against CM Punk.

- More Santino- goodness

- CM Punk title run

- Cena heel turn

- Mr. Kennedy stays injury/suspension free

- MVP gets that big push. (and have it make sense)

TNA:

- Ratings continue to increase (to 1.5)

- They get some fresh new talent

- The X division reclaims its glory.

- MCMG get a main event push.

- Robert Roode Leaves and goes to WWE

- Daniels returns with a big push.

ROH:

- ROH sucks up some former WWE talent, Burke, Dystskra, London,

- They come to Detroit at least 3 times in 09, and there Jan. show be good.

- They make some sense of this Aries/Jacobs/ Black angle

- Pearce doesn't screw things up too much

- Bring in some new talent, Tornado, Quack, Taylor, Pac, Low Ki, Brodie Lee

KenFan4life

Reaction score
YO-views on JEFF HARDY as WWE CHAMPION?

Mr.Kennedy possible title win in 2009?

what do ya-think will be RAW's World title match at Wrestlemania 25?