"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I really feel that WWE has been getting stale so ....

How would you freshen up the way WWE are going about things?

Montana

How would you freshen up the way WWE are going about things?

Well the WWE isn't horrible right now. I think since WM they have made a good effort to give the fans what they want. So i'd say they are on the right track. As far as a few things i'd change up.

- Even up the Rosters (Raw or SD)

- More Attitude into the product

- Build up the feuds better

- Use the younger guys more (bring in some new talent)

- Listen to the fans (Kane, CM Punk, Hardy, Kennedy seem to be getting a good push)

- find/make a character the fans can really relate to.

- Give the fans a reason they feel they need to watch.

I know there is more, but i cant think of any at the moment.

Beer Money Army

Have you ever watch Marty Vs HBk (I-c) Match off raw 1993??? (i say it was in May/June)

if so.. What is your review of it?

My view I thought it was overrated by a few people. (i.e. The PWI) The match itself barely went 9 Mins... 2 reviewers from 411 give it an **** 1/2..
On my view i thought it was an good Match.. but for the such short of length and the 1st 4-5 mins were kinda slow paced and not much involved and also Mr.Perfect involvement.. I would give it an close ***..... the Flair Vs Mr perfect match from January 1993 Raw was so much better than it.. from my personal view...

Montana

Have you ever watch Marty Vs HBk (I-c) Match off raw 1993???

if so.. What is your review of it?

Yes i have. That was around the time i started watching wrestling. Did you see the match or the one from the Raw DVD? I'm quite sure they took out a large portion of the match. I thought it lasted closer to 20 minutes.
That match was actually match of the year. Marty made a huge return, and it was a big shocker back then. Back then you just didnt see a match like that on free tv. They turned it out. I'd rate it above ****. Probably ****1/2 for that time. Now it would probably be like a ****1/4.

Also i thought Ric Flair vs. Perfect was better. Great history and bulidup. (same with hbk/jennetty) Thats actually my favorite match of all time. Everything was perfect, setting, wrestling, the acting. The announcing also added a lot to the match as well. Very well done.

I'd say these two matches were probably in the top 5 raw matches of all time. Flair/Perfect was also edited on the dvd to shorten it. I was really hoping they would show them without the commercials, but ah well. Classics none the less. Great question.

tnafan454

Reaction score
2 questions

1. who should realy be gm for each brand

2. who neeeds the biggest push from mid-card

Qwake

What do you think of this thing they have been doing with Regal? Do you think his heel push is good and do you think its good how they keep making him cut the lights out and everything?

Montana

who should realy be gm for each brand

I like estrade a lot on ECW. I think thats a perfect fit for him, BUT they have been using him poorly. I think if they actually included him in some storylines, you would see a more entertaining ECW. If i had to make a new choice, i'd go with a ECW vet, Foley, or Dreamer.

Raw would depend on if you want a wrestler as GM. I've always been a big fan of Vince. He always injects his attitude into the product. I still want to see a big stable with Vince, Orton, JBL and maybe a few others. IF not vince, i'd go JBL.

SD: I think King Regel would be good here. Hell anyone is better than Vickie. I wouldn't mind the Miz as gm here too. He may be able to get the "mtv crowd" to watch SD if he's on tv a little more. OH yea, people naturally hate him too. So those are my two picks for SD.

2. who neeeds the biggest push from mid-card

I'd say MVP, but it looks like Umaga is going to get a quick push on SD. I think MVP, Kennedy, and CM Punk's push is going to be happening over the next year. I'd hate to see them wait on pushing MVP. He's the most ready in my opinion. He's a little older, and matured than punk/kennedy. Kennedy is a no brainer if he could pass a drug test. CM Punk has MITB, now they may stretch it out to WM, or he may just lose the title. Go back to training, and work even harder. But as far as how NEEDS it the most, I'd go MVP, held the US belt for 11 months, and he's been carrying SD for about 18 months.

What do you think of this thing they have been doing with Regal? Do you think his heel push is good and do you think its good how they keep making him cut the lights out and everything?

Sure, i like it. I wouldn't like it to be a regular thing, but the ending of HHH/Orton was perfect. We already seen that match so many times before anyways. Its a good way to set up the ppvs too. Its making regal look like a real dick too. So all in all i like it, in the fact its getting Regal way over as a heel. Problem i could see is that regal is a life long mid carder in the ring. So i hope they aren't going to have regal vs hhh on ppv. Also they may cut the lights once a week, which will get real annoying real fast.

MC Rae

Reaction score
Many people were desperate for WWE to call Paul Burchill back-up from development after his embarrassing Pirate gimmick run (and understandably so, the guy has talent).

How have you found Burchill second-time round? Do you think they're using him right this time?

Montana

Many people were desperate for WWE to call Paul Burchill back-up from development after his embarrassing Pirate gimmick run (and understandably so, the guy has talent).

How have you found Burchill second-time round? Do you think they're using him right this time?

Paul Burchill has not been too shabby thus far, but its only so far with 2 on 1 gimmick is going to take him. I think if he racks up a few more big wins, Regal should take him under his wing. Those two could form some sort of alliance, if they do that, i think his second chance will be a sucess.

But i don't see the incest/2 on 1 angle lasting too long. It looks like the wwe doesnt want to get too deep into the incest part. Burchill still has a long ways to go before he's upper mid card/main event. I dont see him going that far. IC/US champ is about as far as i see him going.

Beer Money Army

In The Past 3 Years of WWE.. WWE Had lost/Fired some of there top talent...

Christian cage
Rhino
Team 3D
Eddie Guerrero
Y2J (2005-2007)

Kurt Angle
Big Show (06-08)
Trish
Lita

Chris benoit
RVD
Booker T
Lashley

Ric Flair (retired from in-ring performance)

But In These years

they Have able to build/talent returned...

mr kennedy
Matt hardy
Mickie james
John Morrison (Nitro then)

Sabu
CM Punk
MVP
jeff hardy
Umaga
Monty Brown

Y2J

Big Show
Chris harris (hasn't debut yet.)

i think i haven't forgotten about anyone...

From those 3 years, How Much effect has this put on this Company Wrestling Quality??? (Positive or Negative) Why?

Montana

From those 3 years, How Much effect has this put on this Company Wrestling Quality??? (Positive or Negative) Why?

Great question,

The problem even started a little earlier than 2005 as far as superstars departing and whatnot. Probably about 2004 the wwe lost its core guys, Austin, Rock, Brock, Foley and the trend only continued in 2005 with the likes of Cage, Eddie, Y2J as you mentioned. That was the main transition time. In that time, they created three new stars. Cena, Orton, and Batista were born at wm 20 and established at 21. No they gain as much as they lost, but its a tough recovery from losing that much talent, that took years and years to bulid.

2006 rolls around, You lose Angle, Big Show. But Edge was establish as a main event guy. Plus you had a large slew of great new talent. Kennedy, Punk, MVP, Lashley,Umaga, amoug others. The Hardys were getting mad over. So things look about where they should. They attempted to establish Rey and Booker, but that did not live up to expectations

2007, they really didnt build anyone up much. Lashley was the man, and he's gone. They continued to lose more guys, booker, Beniot, RVD. AND not much new good talent was brought in.

2008 more of the same. Not much in coming in, in terms of new talent. They don't want to take a chance on someone because of the "risk" involved.

The only real sucessful push since Cena is Edge. Since then everyone else has been in circles.

How has this affected the product?

Negatively. The fans simply don't care for half of the roster. The IC/Tag belts are meaningless They are forced to put midcarders in main event roles (Rey, Booker, Regal, JBL,) They have had some bad luck, when they do select someone in push. (Hardy, Lashley, Khali) But yea it has hurt the product. The main events are getting very repititive and HBK and Undertaker aren't going to be around forever. I'd hate to think what the wwe is going to look like without those two. The product is taking a hit now, and i dont see it getting much better, in the very near future.

On the bright side. I think Colt Cabana will be a big star for the company. If they know how to use him, he can be on the level of Angle, Rock, with the comedy style mixed with good wrestling. But will the wwe use him right? You also have MVP, Punk, Kennedy, and the Hardys still waiting for their turn. But actually the wwe is doin what they can now. They've just made some bad decisions on who to push, when they do.

Qwake

How did you think the Terror Dome was if you saw it, do you see it as a good yearly match?

Montana

How did you think the Terror Dome was if you saw it, do you see it as a good yearly match?

I did see this match. Interesting concept although i didn't think putting 10 guys in that structure worked. From the opening minute it looked to be a huge clusterfuck. I'll give those x division guys in tna credit, they pulled off some crazy moves, but i think a match like that is better suited for a tag match. Enough to where you can see whats goin on with the whole ring. I could see as a yearly thing, but i think again, it should only be no more than 6 guys in the ring. Its kind of dangerous too. If i had to rate the match i'd say ***1/4. Im not an easy grader.

Qwake

:lol: I see I see...

What do you think of this Jeff Hardy thing, about him making his return?

Montana

What do you think of this Jeff Hardy thing, about him making his return?

Damn, i had a long response to this, but the comp frooze.

I liked the Jeff Hardy returned, although it was a little spoiled. I heard he may come back last night, and i was there live they actually played a Jeff hardy video about 20 minutes before his debut. Im not sure how i felt about the "im sorry i made a mistake" speech. It was the right thing, but i guess at least say your not going to do it again, or why you did it. I think felt knew it would be Umaga would come out, and seriously i heard a handful of people say Umaga right before he came out. Good short match, but that was a 2 count. NOt sure if they mentioned that on tv. All in all, good return.

- Other things on raw you missed

Ron killings returned with his tna music. he looked good, but had a slower style in the ring, with more dancing. He beat a jobber.

- DX + Cena beat Orton JBL and Umaga in a cage match. Triple finisher. Good fun match. DX cut a very funny promo to end the show.

- Murdoch wobbled to the back kinda funny too. I think thats about it. Jeff Hardy and Cena got the biggest pops. Regal was the biggest heel. I did like Ortons new music too.