• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

Qwake

what do you think about CM Punk winning money in the bank? Who do you think should have won it?

Montana

If the (real) wcw and ecw was still around.. what would there rosters look like?

To give a real quick answer TNA = WCW, ECW = ROH. For the most part. But ill go through and make adjustments, to where i think the talent would go.

WCW

Cody Rhodes
Charlie Haas
London
Kendrick
Regal
Booker T
Rey Mysterio
Jeff Jarrett
Chuck Pulumbo
Chavo G.
G. Helms
Jimmy Wang
Cage
AJ Styles
Tomko
Chris Sabin
Elix Skipper
Eric Young
Robert Roode
Jay Lethal
Petey
Joe
Steiner
Jack Evans
Jamie Noble

ECW

Homicide
Hernandez
Christopher Daniels
Petey Williams
Nigel
Briscoes
Danielson
Claudio
Hero
R. Strong
El Generico
Kevin Steen
Jimmie Jacobs
Colin Delany
Sonji Dutt
ALex Shelly
Marifuji
BJ Whitmer
Tyler Black
Rocky ROmero
Davey Richards
Ruckus
Necro Butcher
Super Dragon
Quackenbush
Eddie Kingston

CM Punk, Kennedy and MVP. Pick one to be the future face of the franchise right now.

Right now, MVP is most ready. But if i were to pick a face (as in franchise type wrestler) I'd go with CM Punk. I think MVP can sucessfully fill that role, BUT i think MORE fans can relate to CM Punk, who can do heel/face flawlessly. With the straight edge gimmick, i think the sky is the limit for him.

I Like Kennedy, but i think he may get boring after a while. Great talent, i just don't see him bringing in new fans to wrestling.

I read an article that the name "Nature Boy" was transferred from Flair when the original "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers (am I right?) passed the torch on Flair. At Wrestlemania, it seems that Flair passed the torch on Shawn Michaels and my question is Do you think Shawn Michaels can replace or maybe just be on Flair's position in the industry? Hmmm.... The "Nature Boy" Shawn Michaels, lol...

Yeah the general idea was from Buddy Rogers, although i dont think he passed the torch, i think flair just kinda adopted it. I could be wrong on that. I actually disagree with the fact that the torch was passed to HBK. He simply beat "the man" It was two legends doing battle, and HBK happened to beat flair in his final match. I think it would be a bad idea if HBK were to use a nature boy gimmick. He's too old, first of all. Perhaps a young guy like Kenny Dyskstra could benefit from that sort of character, OR The Black Nature Boy Elijah Burke. But in my opinion the nature boy gimmick should be retired along with flair. There is no way anyone will get near flairs sucess. The nature boy name would be something you earn.

what do you think about CM Punk winning money in the bank? Who do you think should have won it?

I like it, as i stated before the match i didnt think Kennedy would win due to his 2 drug suspenions, and everytime Kennedy is set for a big push he screws it up. Thus Leaving MVP and Punk. With Matt Hardy running in Costing MVP the match, that was booked perfect. I would have liked to see more fueds develop within the match. The match was actually really short with little pyschology.

With that being said, I probably would have picked CM Punk to win, BUT MVP is ready for the main event/title picture right now. SO im 50/50 on these guys. One day ill say punk, the next MVP. Too great talents the wwe should be able to build around in the future.

HHHforever

I have to just add.....

ARE YOU ON CRACK?

YOU SMOKIN' THAT SHIT WITH JEFF HARDY?

CENA OVER ROCK? come on now, Rock is better than Cena in acting, entertaining, wrestling, EVERYTHING. And HHH not to end Cena's streak? wtf? Cena shouldn't even have had some lame ass streak. Flaming is allowed here, right? Well - Fuck you, and fuck you opinions because your opinion is the dumbest I've heard.

You are welcome

You're really showing how stupid you are with your remarks here. Montana is one of the best and most insightful posters on this site. To attack him like that, especially on a thread that he uses to answer people's questions shows had a dumb prick you really are.

Qwake

nice rosters lol. and yeah thats right.

After Orton kept the title at mania, who do you think should have been next in line for a wwe title shot?

Montana

After Orton kept the title at mania, who do you think should have been next in line for a wwe title shot?

This is tough. The wwe has a few options none that really stand out to me as a good Blacklash main event. What i mean by good backlash main event, is like a "secondary" ppv main event. We saw a few hints on raw, but this is what im thinking. We want to see a HHH vs. Cena fued now. Now is the time imo. I think the best Backlash main event scenario would be to have HHH and Cena go one on one at backlash with the winner to face orton in the main event. With Orton picking up the W after a hard fought first match for the winner. They look like they leaning towards a JBL/Orton match which should be alright. JBL was kinda playing a little face, which i'd like to see. He's good both ways. I also would have liked the idea of Hardy vs Orton one on one. Perhaps even a champ vs champ match with Orton vs Jericho. You can't rule out Orton vs HBK either. But i'd go with the winner of HHH/Cena to face Orton.

When will ECW and Smackdown stop sharing shows...?

Im not sure why you think they should. I think it improves both. I like the idea of having tag championships on both. If they want to do this, they gotta add more talent to ECW. The same guys facing off week in week out got really stale. They may slow down with using both stars at the draft, but i think we will see appearances off and on for a while.

Whats your take on the ECW champion.. Kane?

I think Kane is great, but this was a dumb move. Im really against it for a few reasons. First of all, the guy has been jobbing for 2 years and all of the sudden the handed him the belt, and when i say HANDED i mean handed. Not saying he doesnt deserve it, but they SHOULD have built him up again. Thats one of the biggest reasons why. I dont think Kane matches up with the wrestlers on the current ECW roster. Kane vs Chavo? Kane vs Morrison, Kane vs Burke?? He just seems to big to fued with those heels. You can't have a monster, face off against small heels. It doesnt work for me.

Since i dont like his move to ecw, heres what i would have done. Jamie Noble wins the battle royal to lose to Chavo at mania, thus setting up a fued there. The wwe has pushed Noble for 6 months, why stop his momentum now?

As for Kane, i'd put him in a long fued with MVP and have him take the belt off MVP.

Matt Hardy would be on Raw for the time being. Until MVP moves to raw and their fued ensues.

If you were running WWE when would you put a world title on MVP?

Yeah, i fact i may have pulled the trigger 8 months ago when Khali won it. Its easy to say MVP should be champ sitting behind a computer, but he looks like he is a student of the game. He works hard, from what i hear. Has a great gimmick and plays it very well. To me MVP has been carrying SD for a long time. I also think a MVP/Cena matchup is WM worthy. As far as when i would actually put the title on him, probably not til after wm 25 now, unless they want to give him a quick run in 08.

Sounds like im kissing MVP ass huh? Ah well, he's one of my fav's and he's progressing nicely. He is the longest reigning US champ in wwe history, You look at the names on that list, I want to say you got 9 of 13 of those guy were/ are "world" champs. 2 guys will likely be future world champs, and then you got Finlay and Orlando Jordan. (one dud) So the US belt holds a lot of weight in my opinion.

1chiban

How long will WWE keep ECW going, in your opinion?

Plus here's a non-wrestling one, from one Scarface fan to another - what did you think of the Scarface game?

Qwake

Who would you have given Jeff Hardy's huge push to? Matt Hardy or Jeff Hardy? and why?

Montana

How long will WWE keep ECW going, in your opinion?

Hmm, its anyone guess really. I don't see it lasting forever. I think the brand would dissolve before the show. Meaning there will still be 2 brands and three shows. And it would be kinda like heat or a third rate show for new wrestlers. But ill play it safe and say 18 months.

Plus here's a non-wrestling one, from one Scarface fan to another - what did you think of the Scarface game?

Actually i only played the game for about 2 minutes. Im not too into newer video games. I got a ps2, which i barely use. IF i do play video games they are normally more of the arcade fighting style games or old nintendo games or Wii. Games that can be picked up and played for 30 minutes and not have to worry about playing it for another week. Nba live is pretty cool too. But Scarface the game just felt like a rip off of GTA, but i liked the concept. But i really didnt play enough to where i could give a fair judgement.

Who would you have given Jeff Hardy's huge push to? Matt Hardy or Jeff Hardy? and why?

I would have given it to Jeff Hardy. He has more charisma. Its kinda tough because you don't actually know them personnally. That could sway the opinion one way or another. To me, Matt doesnt have "it" BUT he's certainly over, for whatever reason. I guess the fans relate to him. Its too bad Jeff Hardy can't get his head straight, he probably would be WWE champ by now. It looks like CM Punk is now going to be in Jeff Hardy's role in 2008. I also enjoy Jeff Hardy wrestlling style much more than Matt. Probably not the answer you were looking for, but im not going to change my opinion just because Jeff Hardy fucked himself over. Looking back, it would have been a stupid move to give him the belt, but i thought the push was justified.

HHHforever

I've got a question for you. After watching Raw on Monday, going off the assumption you did watch it, what do you think they're going to do with the WWE title? If you didn't watch then sorry. In addition to that what do you think they should do with the WWE title? If they're both the same then sorry, don't worry about answering both.

Montana

I've got a question for you. After watching Raw on Monday, going off the assumption you did watch it, what do you think they're going to do with the WWE title? If you didn't watch then sorry. In addition to that what do you think they should do with the WWE title? If they're both the same then sorry, don't worry about answering both.

Yea, i watched it, but what do you mean "do" with the wwe title. You mean like Backlash main event? Spinner belt/orton belt? Its the age of orton you know. Can you clarify?

HHHforever

Sorry, my fault. By do with the title I mean how much longer would you/do you see them letting Orton have the belt? Who should take it from him? Who should be the next challenger at Backlash? Things of that nature. Sorry for the confusion, I should have clarified.

Montana

Sorry, my fault. By do with the title I mean how much longer would you/do you see them letting Orton have the belt? Who should take it from him? Who should be the next challenger at Backlash? Things of that nature. Sorry for the confusion, I should have clarified.

oh ok. Maybe i just read it fast. I was pretty tired. Man, this is tough. To be honest if i was in charge i wouldnt write anything stone just yet. I'd come up with a good idea, or wait til one comes around.

The toughest part about this is that the wwe rushed away fueds with Jericho and HBK quickly assuming he would lose the belt shortly after he won it.

Right now i'd want to give Orton a longer run, but i think there isn't enough fresh competitors.

Anyways....
Orton vs. Matt Hardy fued after BL

Orton vs Jeff Hardy

Orton vs HHH vs Cena vs Kennedy at SummerSlam

Orton vs Jericho

Orton vs HHH Suvivor Series (HHH wins belt)

HHH vs Kennedy Royal RUmbel

HHH vs CM PUnk AT WM.

Thats the best i can come up with right now. But i'd play it by ear. You could interchange HHH's name with HBK since its going to be in Texas. THen you could have AUstin vs CENA dream match, (grudge match) Orton vs Taker, Edge vs Jeff Hardy (world title) at WM 25

When do you think Undertaker's streak should end???

its too late now. I don't think anyone is worthy at this point in time. If i had to pick one i'd probably say Cena, but that wouldnt make much sense. Or some sort of new monster, although that might be too much of a push for a new guy.