"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

With Chris Jericho recently crowning himself the IC champion, what do you see him doing in the future? Will he eventually be back in the ME scene, or do you see him building up the mid-card (And the IC title) for the time being?

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I'll ask another question...

Giving the (old) ECW roster, how would you have booked the shows after Wrestlemania 23 up to Wrestlemania 24?
Roster:
Rob Van Dam
Sabu
Tommy Dreamer
The Sandman
Eliajh Burke
Marcus Cor Von
Mat Striker
Kevin Thorn
Balls Mahoney
Stevie Richards
Hardcore Holly
Nunzio
Cm Punk
Mike Knox
Shannon Moore
Rene Dupree
Sylvan
Snitsky
ECW World Champion: Bobby Lashley

Kaedon

Reaction score
Why do Australians suck so hard?

Montana

Alright back to work, and we got some barn burner questions, good to see. I also try to rep good questions too, so soon ill give that out.

What were the top 3 PPVs of WWE and TNA last year?

WWE I'll have to say there were 4 notable ones. Basically four dvd worthy PPV, or worth the money for the ppv. The order of these four is kinda screwy, somedays ill say WM was the best, Others i say Royal Rumble, but heres my picks

1) Wrestlemania 23

Hard to not put this #1, Two monster main events, a solid MITB, and US Title match, entertaining four hour show (even though it could have been better)

2) Royal RUmble

Big title matches, and the rumble make this one of the hottest ppv's each year. This show featured my wwe match of the year, with Cena vs Umaga Last man standing, Then you also had Batista vs Kennedy. (Kennedy first ppv main event) Then the Rumble, so all in all great show.

Heres my dark horse picks so to speak. They may be a bit shocking.

3) One Night Stand.

Ok, ok ok, let me explain myself. Every match on this show was a gimmick, and not only did they pull it off, but they did a great job of NOT over doing it. The show started off with a great opener (RVD vs Orton stretcher match) Then it continued through the whole night. Lots of fun matchups. Good tables match with the ECW guys. Very good ladder match with the hardys vs WGTT, Edge vs Batista in a cage, Lashley vs Vince, Fun stuff all around.

4) No Mercy.

This is a must for any orton fan. I loved how this show had the story feel to it. Every show should be like this. It started off with Orton vs HHH and ends with Orton vs HHH in a last man standing. Also had a punjab prison match. Not much else on this ppv, but the title matches were real good. Probably the best storyline ppv in the wwe's history.

---------------------------------------------------------------

TNA, i dont follow TNA too closely, but heres what i remember

1) Bound for Glory

I dont think much explaination is needed. TNA does very well at booking this show, making it the best they have to offer.

2) Slamiversary

KOTM match was probably my favorite tna match of that year. Also had a very good abyss vs tomko match. Then a couple of interesting matchups with Daniels/sting and Young/Roode.

3) Lethal Lockdown

Not a awesome ppv, but solid. TNA has put on some lackluster ppvs on paper. This one featured a big main event, thus making it more memorable.

What are your predictions for Wrestlemania 24?

Heres mine, in relation to kaedons picks.

24 man Battle Royal.

My original pick was Jamie Noble, who would go on to lose to Chavo at Mania, which i thought would start a nice fued. The more i think about it, im thinking the wwe has a trick up their sleeve for this one. 24 man BR, kind of a odd number to me. Then their is a list of names floating around, that are due for a return. Guys who were former ECW guys too. Perhaps its wishful thinking but i wouldnt count out a major return. Someone like RVD, Bobby Lashley, Matt Hardy, hell even REY MYSTERIO. So i think the "monsters" battling is only smoke to cover something/someone up. So i guess my pick now is Noble, but dont count out a big return.

7 man MITB
I think this is a toss up. Kennedy would make a lot of sense, but i think the one guy that is ready for the main event is MVP. As of right now, i wouldnt be too shocked to see CENA vs MVP headline WM 25! I'd love to see Punk win it, but i think they will move him along slowly. But the main reasoning why i dont think Kennedy will win, is because Raw is already stacked with Main event guys. Kennedy would get buried.

Batista vs Umaga

I'd piss myself if Umaga actually won a big match. Batista all the way.

JBL vs Finlay

I think this is a good time to have a heel win at mania. Ill take JBL based off that.

Big Show vs Floyd

Im thinking interfernce with this one. From Jericho not sure which way it will go. Perhaps a full heel turn to help Floyd money maywheather. But it won'tbe a clean ending

Edge vs Taker

Taker, i dont think edge has much of a chance here. Edge has been lame since he went to SD. MVP is the star of SD, and Edge is just holding the belt.

HBK vs Flair

I gotta go with Ric Flair too. This could be the show stealer, and the match im most looking forward to. Two of the best ever, trying to have one great last moment. Do they have enough left in them to take it back 10-15 years? Probably not, but it will still be good.

HHH vs Cena vs Orton

who cares??? Cena or HHH pick your poison. I'll go with Cena, i can't see them taking away Cena's undefeated WM streak for these two. Although the push has mostly been for HHH to take the belt.

Do you know where I can find a ROH and TNA roster from 2004?

No, but the main sites i go to is Onlineworldofwrestling.com, i go there mostly for profile info on wrestlers. I also go to prowrestlinghistory.com for PPV results. But heres what i can come up with as far as rosters go.

TNA (Based off their 2004 ppvs)

The Amazing Red, Mikey Batts, Jerrelle Clark, Jason Cross, D-Ray 3000, Sonjay, Dutt, Frankie Kazarian, Kazushi Miyamoto, Nosawa, L.A. Park, Psicosis, Puma, Chris Sabin, Michael Shane, Shark Boy, Alex Shelly, Sonny Siaki, Spanky, Hector Garza ,Matt Sydal, Erik Watts, Ron Killings, The Empire Saint, Johnny B. Badd, Andy Douglas, Chase Stevens, Kid Kash, & Dallas, Konnan, BG James, Kip, Eric Young, Robert Roode, Monty Brown, Raven, AByss, Petey WIlliams, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Elix Skipper, James Storm, Chris Harris, Jeff Jarrett, Jeff Hardy, Glen Gelberti, DDP, Macho, Hall, Nash,

ROH (Based off Major shows)

CM Punk, COlt Cabana, Samoa Joe, Austin ARies, Alex Shelley, Matt Stryker, Nigel Mcguiness, Chris Sabin, Jimmy Jacobs, JImmy Rave, AJ Styles, HOmicide, Joey Matthews, Jay Lethal, Carnage Crew, The Briscoe Brothers, Bryan Danielson, Ace Steel, BJ Whitmer, Christopher Daniels, Dan Maff, John Walters, Jerry Lynn, Special K, Backseat Boyz, Trent ACid, Delirous, Matt Sydal, Low Ki, Rocky ROmero, Doug Williams, Divari, Jack Evans, Roderick Strong, Ricky Reyes, Mick Foley, Ricky Steamboat

With Chris Jericho recently crowning himself the IC champion, what do you see him doing in the future? Will he eventually be back in the ME scene, or do you see him building up the mid-card (And the IC title) for the time being?

I see a fued with the big show coming up real soon. As far as after that, i think he will be in the upper mid card scene as he is now, and sooner or later he will be needed to step up to the main event scene. Its hard to say for sure with Jericho because you dont know if he's staying heel/face Raw/SD, Depending on how the chips lay, it will determine his sucess. Im pretty sure Jericho will find his way to a world title this year, if not he will be very close.

Giving the (old) ECW roster, how would you have booked the shows after Wrestlemania 23 up to Wrestlemania 24?

wow, this is going to be a very brief verison. I didnt think the wwe did that bad with the ECW championship. Half the guys on the ECW list did not last, new guys were brought in. Givin those same guys, heres how i'd break it down by month.

April:

Lashley = Dominant (over everyone)

May:

Monty Brown demands respect and says he's going after Lashley

June: Monty Brown wins the ECW Championship

July Brown/Lashley fued

August Brown vs Lashley Fued ( SummerSlam)

Sept: Brown vs ECW originals again

Oct: Brown vs ECW Originals

NOv Brown vs Punk (Punk wins) (Survivor Series)

Dec: Brown vs Punk

Jan: Punk turns heel on Originals (fueds with Dreamer/Sandman) (Punk vs Sabu at RR)

Feb: Punk feuds and disrespects Sandman/Dreamer/Sabu...teases RVD Fued

March WM 24 RVD Vs CM Punk for the ECW Championship.

Its a little screwy, but that roster was kinda thin. The feud in ECW can last longer, than on raw. I would have pushed Monty Brown/Punk/ Lashley/ RVD as the top four guys. Also use the vetern ECW guys to put over, and keep things fresh. I think RVD vs Punk at mania is a must see match. I didnt like the fact i started with Lashley as champ. I'd adjust the roster a bit, assuming i could and still make it fair. Use what i had with ECW. I didnt really mention Elijah Burke much, but i think he would have played a major role helping Monty Brown. Other than that, Sabu is always good for some Hardcore main events, I'd also push Renee Dupree, and see if he could get over. But yeah, kinda breif, but oh well.

Why do Australians suck so hard?

This is a prime example of someone of doesnt read directions. This is supposed to be wrestling related questions only. Not Blue questions like this. I like Australians, even though i've never met one in person. As far as their sucking habits, hmmm. Maybe they just strive to be the best at everything.

Anyways Stick to wrestling!!!

Kaedon

Reaction score
Why did NATHAN JONES (An Australian) suck so hard?

The Rated R CMStar

What's behind Colin Delaney? I mean, what do you think WWE has in store for him so that they signed a jobber for 3 years?

Montana

Why did NATHAN JONES (An Australian) suck so hard?

OH OK, i know what you mean. Why can't Australia produce some good international talent. I think Australian wrestlers simply perfer not to be worldwide stars. (for the most part) They are kinda in their own world.

As far as Nathan Jones, Not sure why he never really got off the ground. He had the athletic ability, but i dont think Jones and the wwe were on the same page. I can't say for sure what exactly the problem was. I think road schedule may have had something to do with it. I dont think the wwe saw him as "greatness" Basically they just werent on the same page.

Montana

What's behind Colin Delaney? I mean, what do you think WWE has in store for him so that they signed a jobber for 3 years?

In case you didnt know, Colin Delaney is the fuckin man. He's the typical underdog character that the wwe has been lacking for a long time. I love it, they've done a great job with him so far. He's gotten over very well, i think. As far as being signed for 3 years, the wwe can add/drop talent whenver they want. I know what you mean, but his character over having limited options, BUT the main part about Delaney is character development. I think we are going to see him develop more, the more we see him. I can see him killing time in a tag team for a while. (perhaps with his bro) Once his character goes into the next step, it will be do or die time. He has good in ring chemistry though. I dont know how long he can last, but it will be interesting to see how they use him. Reminds me a lot of the 123 kid, aka syxx, aka xpac.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Which midcarder do you see becoming the next amin eventer in WWE and why?

PeepShow

Who do you see headlining next years WM?

What do you think would be some good storylines for the WWE to do this year to try and get more viewers and higher ratings?

The Rated R CMStar

Do you think I am crazy to think that at WM25, The Undertaker will tap to the STFU?

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
No Montana I didnt expect you to write out every show lol. Just a brief version on how you would have done things. Thanks for the roster too!

Are you ever going to do a BTB in the near future?

And what would you do to improve ECW?

Qwake

I wouldnt improve that I would get rid of it lol. next year kennedy and jericho or big show fue. kennedy will be main eventing hopefully. and your not crazy to see taker tapping to that, cena gets his own way lmao!

Montana

More great questions, keep it up

Which midcarder do you see becoming the next amin eventer in WWE and why?

Well, this kinda ties in with my Money in the Bank prediction. Basically it comes down to three guys (Kennedy, MVP, Punk) I think these should be able to all make it into the main event scene. I'd probably pick Kennedy as the #1 guy, BUT he has too many drug violatons. At the same time, there is MVP on SD who is carrying the show, and has been doing so for over a year now in my opinon. I think MVP will/should be the next to step into the main event. CM Punk is just a little time behind these guys. I'm pretty certain punk will eventually make his way to the ME scene too.

Have you thought on how will the Undertaker's Wrestlemania Streak be ended?

Yeah, i have given a lot of thought to this over the years. The biggest problem right now, is that the WWE doesnt have anyone to replace the Undertaker. They don't have someone who deserves the honor to beat him, and elevate his career. Around Wrestlemania 22 i thought Undertaker should have put John Cena over. Looking back, it was probably a good thing to use HHH, as the Undertaker is still going. (somewhat strong) I thought at that time, Cena is the franchise, and who better to put him officially over than the Undertaker. I am glad they did Batista vs Taker last year. I thought that was a huge main event. I like this year's match too with Taker vs Edge. I have two problems with Edge beating the Undertaker. 1) He's already lost at WM last year. 2) Edge isn't at the top his sucess. With injuries, a move to sd, and a lame storyline with vickie, Edge was no where near as hot as he was 2 years ago. Why have undertaker put over a injury prone vetern. To me, Edge doesnt need that honor, Even though i think Edge is great. As to who should, right now, I would say no one. If they could create a new "monster" perhaps i could see them using that to "birth" someone new. I can't see any of the three budding superstars taking out taker. (Punk,kennedy,MVP)

Who do you see headlining next years WM?

Well, i think the HHH/Cena fued will be old by next year. I think they are going to shake it up a bit for next years. Heres my top three choices.

1) John Cena vs Batista
2) John Cena vs MVP ( kinda like Austin/rock)
3) John Cena vs Undertaker

I can see Kennedy in there, but drug violations make me skeptical. I can also see Jeff Hardy get in there, but he has to clean himself up. (unless it was a hoax) But yeah, those 5 guys would be my best guess.

What do you think would be some good storylines for the WWE to do this year to try and get more viewers and higher ratings?

I like this question a lot. I first saw it late last night and for a second i thought about it, and there really isn't a whole lot you can do. I thought the death of Vince storyline was great, for a week or two. I thought the Vince's son storyline was great too, for a month. Heres my tips to improve a wrestling show (using raw as example)

1) This may sound stupid, but get your characters on shows other than wrestling. You see how the wwe whores out John Cena, there is a reason for this. I think the more non wrestling fans, see wrestles in other areas, the more it will incline them to check out wrestling. That i think is the back way to gain part of the audience you really wouldnt have. Sure, they may not be great fans, BUT the more people talk about wwe the better. Good or Bad. (except suicides)

2) Inject Attitude, and emotion into the shows. The wwe has been going for a more family orientated product, which is ok for SD. But with Monday Night Raw, i want to see what made the show sucessful. I want to see attitude. I want to see the old edge. I want to see guys getting taking away in handcuffs, and authority figures getting stomped. I want to see interviews with some cursing. I want to see more reality based storylines.

3) Find a character that works. When someone goes down with a injury, the wwe generally pushes a new face. A good example is Bobby Lashley. The push was nice to see, but he never really added anything to the show. In fact i thought he took away. And i think the ratings dip that didnt come til august/sept ( i think) was due to bad storylines/bookign with lashley before he was injuried. I think they forced him down our throats so much some ppl turned away. The ratings dont normally jump up or down in a weeks time. Its normally 3 month cycles. I thought Jeff Hardy did a great job filling in for Cena, until Cena returns and it was kinda back to the same ole raw. As i've been preaching MVP in a few of my post, i think he could be a major player on raw, and he could give Cena a run for his money. I'd probably move orton/jericho to SD and put Edge, MVP back on raw. (perhaps batista too)

4) Give me a reason to watch. This is so simple. All you gotta do is have a storyline that leaves you hanging until the next week. This was one of my biggest beefs with TNA 1-2 years ago. I think they finally started doing it, BUT they got away from it again. You need to have that whats going to happen next feeling with wrestling, in order to maintain good ratings.

Thats the biggest four reasons i can think of. Nothing real difficult to do. Kinda the basics in my opinion. These were more related more to raw. If i was refering to TNA the same four apply, but i would also put more focus on wrestling, less the funny ha ha stuff. I move nash in the announce booth. I'd def. do a more adult focused product and find a character that works. (in the main role)

Do you think I am crazy to think that at WM25, The Undertaker will tap to the STFU?

No, as i mentioned earlier in the undertaker question. I would have booked Cena vs Taker at 22. I would have blew the load then so to speak. Me and 3lions were in a very heated debate at that time about this. Looking back now, Cena doesnt need to beat the undertaker. Thus the wwe really doesnt have anyone to step up and take that spot. I think Taker should end up undefeated. I think the wwe was giving him wins around (16-21) but now its clear they are thinking about it, and the undertaker stands the test of time. I think they should find/make someone to replace the undertaker before they destroy him.

STFU, hmm I'd think maybe a pin would be more likely.

Are you ever going to do a BTB in the near future?

I actually had one a few years ago, until i got too busy with the efed. Right now i dont have the time. I did most of the old storylines for the efed. I thought my original BTB was pretty good considering it was the first time i ever did anything like that. Even though i think i've kidna been doin booking for 15 years now. (long story) The main story of my btb was MPW (montanas pro wrestling) and basically a handful of wwe/tna/ecw/wcw guys. A couple of each. The show grew, and started stealing wwe talent. Thus made vince very angry. Had a big storyline with Kurt Angle, and wwe sues mpw. Had Jim Ross become the head booker of MPW. It was kinda cool i thought. It came down to one big show, which i never actually wrote, but it came down to WWE vs MPW survivor series, kidna winner takes all. I think the main event was Angle vs HHH. Basically everyone thought Angle was doing to screw montana, but it was good ole JR to put the knife in montanas back thus ending MPW for good. Vince and JR laugh in the sunset. I wish i still had them. The server crashed and everything was lost.

And what would you do to improve ECW?

*cough* Colt Cabana *cough*

I look at ECW as a role player. They breed guys who would be lost in the shuffle on raw/sd. It makes sense. Elijah Burke would have been canned a LONG time ago. It gives guys like CM Punk a chance to see what they can do with it . It gives veterns like Chris Benoit. oh wait, bad example ....how about Chavo a shot to be a main event character and re establish themselves. With that being said, its doing it job.

If they want ratings, I'd think you'd have to inject the original ECW mindset to this show. Storylines, Attitude, Hardcore, with outcast characters. It looks the the wwe is trying to use a more wrestling based show, which i like. They are getting new faces in and giving them a go. (Koffi, Delaney)

I'd focus the shows around CM Punk, like they are doing. But at the same time, what i dont like about the product is the repetitiveness. I'd change that for sure, and use a wider roster. Thats the main things. I'd def. keep ECW going.

I wouldnt improve that I would get rid of it lol. next year kennedy and jericho or big show fue. kennedy will be main eventing hopefully. and your not crazy to see taker tapping to that, cena gets his own way lmao!

I answer the questions around here sharkboy! You didnt ask a question