"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McLovin

Reaction score
Who has the most realistic chances of becoming a breakout in each of the three brands, or the entire WWE?

Qwake

who do you think is most likely to fued with samoa joe when he wins/if he wins the title at lethal lockdown?

phantomgerald

Is the wrestling industry ready for another war? It's been almost ten years now since WCW/ECW/WWF and now TNA and ROH are gaining their sort of niche and if they get more ratings, can another war break out?

Montana

Who has the most realistic chances of becoming a breakout in each of the three brands, or the entire WWE?

Raw:

Raw is pretty stacked with main event talent. I think a shake could occur in a few months that would affect the landscape of raw. As far as who i think on the current roster, that there stock will increase, I'll have to pick Mr Kennedy. He had some real good chances over the past year, but messed them up with drug violations. I also think if Hardy can stay clean he will have a productive year. I think my dark horse pick in terms of mid card, would be Cody Rhodes.

SD:

MVP, He's the most ready to jump to the main event scene. Matt hardy will likely make a splash when he returns. CM Punk may find himself in SD, thus making a option to breakout. My Dark horse/mid card pick would be Jamie Noble. He's been having real good matches/promos, but i think he could end up on ECW.

ECW:

Colt Cabana, not sure if he will debut here, but when he does, i think he will be a instant hit. Also Atlas Dabone will be another rookie to look out for.

TNA:

AJ Styles, Prince AJ is slowly being prepped for the throne. I think Jay Lethal's stock will continue to rise in 08.

ROH

Tyler Black. The guys has had several match of the night performances so far this year, and is really coming into his own. If you havent seen him yet, he looks a lot him CM Punk. he's has a good mix of wrestling styles. In a few years, he's going to be a major player in some organization.

who do you think is most likely to fued with samoa joe when he wins/if he wins the title at lethal lockdown?

Hmm, i havent seen a whole heck of a lot of Joe lately. At least at the current time, i dont think they are setting anything up yet. Here are some options i wouldnt rule out.

1) rematch Joe vs Angle X, safe pick

2) Joe vs Cage ....probably be my guess, although who knows.

3) Joe vs Legend ... jarrett returns saying he wants his belt back. Or Sting.

I don't see Abyss returning to challenge for the belt. I can see a Angle/AJ fued coming. Not sure if Roode or Booker T will step up just yet.

Is the wrestling industry ready for another war? It's been almost ten years now since WCW/ECW/WWF and now TNA and ROH are gaining their sort of niche and if they get more ratings, can another war break out?

I don't think the industry is ready for it. Yeah the attitude era was great, but look at the result. It killed WCW and ECW. I think the wwe's competition now is a little smarter than to awake a sleeping giant to so speak. As of now, TNA and ROH really dont matter much. With TNA going live, this a big step. Almost make or break time. ROH still has a long ways to go, and i dont think they are looking to overtake or compete with other organization.

IF Tna and ROH want to compete. They need each other. As similar as some people think they are, they are actually very much opposite. I think TNA would really benefit by a ROH invasion. Similarly, i think ROH would benefit as well. If pulled off, it could be the biggest storylines in the last decade. Will it happen, probably not.

At the same time, if TNA does down, several big names guys will end up returning to ROH. With ROH adding the TNA talent, thus almost piggy backing on that TNA started, i think they could do some damage, IF they have the right financial backing. Right now, I think their product is a lot stronger than both companies, and if ROH had TNA's talent and connections they could get ratings of 1.5-2.0 Thus causing a stir in the wrestling world.

If ROH does ever become major competition, look for the wwe to go for even more of a entertainment based show. Basically the wrestling industry will be split. The wwe will be a more mtv like show. Where as ROH/TNA would be the more wrestling traditionalist show.

Soulpower

With this possibly being the last week in the career of Ric Flair, I think it would make sense to ask this. What's your favorite Ric Flair match, promo, or moment?

McLovin

Reaction score
What do you see happening in TNA during the rest of the year (financial, viewers, globaly increasing, storylines, belts etc)?

Montana

With this possibly being the last week in the career of Ric Flair, I think it would make sense to ask this. What's your favorite Ric Flair match, promo, or moment?

To be honest i havent watched a whole heck of a lot of the older ric flair. I've seen his dvds that about it, for pre 91. I dont remember watching flair/steamboat either. They say thats series features his best matches, but these are my personal fav's.

Match

Mr Perfect vs Ric Flair, career ending match on Raw in early 93. Everything was "perfect" so to speak in this match. Great storyline and buildup to the match. Great setting, and announcing. Two legends going at it. This match took me from a fan to a fanatic.

Promo

I really really like the one he did about a year ago with Carlito. I still watch it today. Basically he called carlito lazy and undeserving of taking his spot. It kinda left you speachless. Also the "never retire" promo get a honorable mention, along with his return to nitro.

Moment

92 Royal Rumble. That match featured what some say the greatest collection of wwf wrestlers in one match. The winner won the belt, and Ric Flair was the original iron man and he last about a hour back then. I still that was one of the best rumbles ever too.

What do you see happening in TNA during the rest of the year (financial, viewers, globaly increasing, storylines, belts etc)?

I think TNA is going to be moving steadily along. I dont expect anything major to happen to the company. I think a move to live impact, is a big step in the right direction. Although i hope its not a sink or swim type of move. I'd like to think TNA will adopt the "back to basics" strategy and how they made them sucessful from the start. Financially, i dont think TNA is doing very well. I just don't see where they are making any money. They gotta start touring more big markets. The have to find ways to pay guys like Kurt Angle, Cage, Booker T, and so on. I even think TNA will lose more than they will gain in 08 as far as talent goes.

Globally Increasing

I dont see TNA this too much. Maybe another special, and bringing in a new talent here and there, but thats about it. I can't see them doing much in the way of global tours, because they dont even travel in the US. I think TNA is going to scrap by just enough to call it a world championship.

Storylines

Hmm, Well i think Angle/AJ thing is going to get heated soon. I'd like to think AJ is going to get a big push. I think Sting coming back in a vetern role helps. I see RObert Roode, and Jay Lethal having good years. I dont expect any major shake ups. I can see Joe holding the belt for awhile. Cage/Angle/Booker will remain in the upper card. Consquences Creed will be a nice addition. I'd like to see TNA use the back to basics approach. They have great tag teams, so use them. Me personally would break up LAX, and use some other wrestlers in the role to shake it up.

Belts

As far as the belts go, i think its staying aound Joe for the year. I could see AJ pulling an upset, but i think Joe will have a good reign. X division. I can see some new faces like HOmicide/Creed getting involved here. Tag, as mentioned i'd like to see some new teams form, (IF assuming MCMG are in the doghouse)

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
If you had a wrestling company, with enough time and money to sign anybody and could takee talent from other compaanies what Styles or wrestlers would you most likely have

Montana

If you had a wrestling company, with enough time and money to sign anybody and could takee talent from other compaanies what Styles or wrestlers would you most likely have

Good question. I think a mix is the best strategy. I like "multi-dimensional" wrestlers. I think i made this up, but its makes sense. When i say multi-dimensional, i mean guys that can be used in different ways. For Example. El Generico. Great wrestler AND Very Funny. MVP, Great wrestler AND mic skills. Anyways i told myself 24 wrestlers would be the right amount for a new company. So heres my 24 picks.

1) John Cena

You said i could have anyone. The guy is the biggest draw, i would be foolish to pass up on him.

2) MVP

3) Mr Kennedy

4) HBK

The all purpose vetern/legend

5) CM Punk

6+7) Hardy boys

Singles wrestlers + great tag team

8) Was Jericho only to be replaced by Hulk Hogan

Why do i need Jericho when i have Kennedy? Hulk Hogan is a must. He's a huge draw. I think i could utilize what he still has left.

9) Homicide

He gives you a hardcore/ toughness side of wrestling

10) AJ Styles

One of the smoothest wrestlers today

11) Robert Roode

A ton of upside with this young man.

12+13) MCMG

14) Hernandez

This is actually a very important pick. He is going to be used as my "monster" like Khali/Kane/Umaga

15) Christopher Daniels

Will form a heel tag team with bryan danielson with a wrestling purist gimmick.

16) Low KI

Another one of the best in ring guys

17)Jack Evans

The #1 High Flyer today

18) EL generico

Very entertaining character

19) Colt Cabana

Again, Very funny!

20) Kevin Steen

He's the future

21) Human Tornado

Again another fun entertaining mid carder

22) Bryan Danielson

23) Marifuji

A little international talent

24) Eddie Kingston
A dark horse, you can see the passion when this guy is in the ring.

I think this roster is very veristle. You got high flying, hardcore, technical, comedy, and everything rolled into one. I would put Jim Ross and Kevin Nash in the booth to call the action.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Aight i'll some more..

If Eddie Guerrero was still alive, where would he be at (In WWE) at this very moment?

Could you see Dreamer hold the ECW title?

What are the chances of seeing Sabu, and the Sandman back in WWE again?

Qwake

if you booked tna, what would you be doing with Tomko?
Anything must be better then what they done with him...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

How successful do you see ROH getting? How would you help them?

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Who is your overall favourite wrestler and why and which company would be best for him