"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

If Jimmy Jacobs was to come to Monday Night RAW as a singles star, the night after the Royal Rumble. How would you book him for two pay per views (NWO & WM)?

Hmmm, thats tricky.. He doesn't really fit well on raw. He's too small, to come in and make a big impact. I think he could do great things in ECW and really have some good build up there. I'd probably have him start in in ECW, let him start small promos, and go onto hate on several faces, mainly Tommy Dreamer. Basically how he sold his soul, here in the new ecw. Jacobs used to watch him in the 90's and now he's grown up to see his idol become nothing more than a joke. build that up into a xtreme rules match at mania.

So if I had to to put Jacobs on Raw, and i was in charge i'm would perfer a slow build. Have him job for months and basically re-tell the story he had in ROH. A guy trying to get the girl for years, finally getting her starting a faction, only to lose her, blood fued over her. I thought that worked well.

I might use jacobs as the manager of Kane to start off. Basically saying how Kane has lost a step over the years. He's starting a revolution and needs Kane to lead the way. Kane would then do lots of destruction for Jacobs. Have them go through the roster until they get to CM Punk. Bring up some old history on CM Punk, and how he was a cocky prick in the past. Basically came to the wwe to expose Punk. Saying how he's not really straight edge, stuff like that. So if i booked some matches it would be like:

NWO - Kane w/Jacobs vs. CM Punk

WM Jacobs vs. CM Punk

But i wouldnt push Jacobs very much on the raw side of things too quick.

So what if, you were TNA, what would be you're actions in the first year about trying to bring the company on level terms with WWE?

Common sense goes a long ways. I guess ill make a little list.

1) Be consistant. This would be the #1 focal point. Don't have too many turns, don't book poor ppv's, have some action and entertainment on tv, dont push a guy, only to keep him off tv the next month. Have plans, and stick with them.

2) Be different, more specifically X-division and Tag Championship. Right now the wwe titles may be at their lowest value in history. I think if TNA can utilize their champions and dvision well, it will certainly help the product.

3) Variety , Give the fans some comedy, some high flying, some hardcore, and technicall wrestling every show. ROH was very good at this.

4) Use the roster the best possible way. Have the veterns actually help the younger guys and put them over. Certainly veterns need to be released, some fresh faces need to be brought in.

I would think that should do it from a product standpoint. Once i felt we had a better product without question than raw, I'd move Impact to Monday Nights before Raw. Try and steal wwe fans.

Qwake

How would you book the first ROH television show? Like, who would face who, how much time you would give them knowing you only have an hour for the show and what promos/angles would you be looking to have?

Umaga has returned on Smackdown, are you a fan of him and how would you book him?

The elimination chamber matches are back at NWO and so far the RAW EC is a little down in star power having the likes of Kingston and Knox in their and the Smackdown one has 4 big names already, what are your predictions of how the matches will play out elimination-wise and who would you add in the spots still available?

Montana

How would you book the first ROH television show? Like, who would face who, how much time you would give them knowing you only have an hour for the show and what promos/angles would you be looking to have?

Well, one hour is only about 40 minutes tv time. So like you hinted at, time is a issue. Imo, the first show doesn't really matter as much as some think. Look at the first Raw. I would also think a review of sorts would be the best case scenario. I would spend about 10 minutes on Nigel's title reign, 10 minutes on AOTF/Aries, 10 minutes on SnS vs. Everyone. 5 minutes on Delirous/Daisy/TItus . 5 minutes on Steenerico. That would give 40 minutes, and basically a review of 2008. Had i wanted to book an actual show, with action....

1) Daneilson comes out and says he's been bustin his ass for 7 years with this company and its a honor to see it finally reach tv. Basically explain the code of honor. Put himself over as the cornerstone.....Then Aries comes out and they brawl. (7 minutes)

2) Tyler Black vs. Kenny King ( 7 minutes)

3) Wolves vs. Steenerico vs. Stevens/Strong vs. Jay Briscoe (10)

4) Nigel is the unstoppable champ promo (3)

5) Danielson vs. Aries (13 minutes)

Umaga has returned on Smackdown, are you a fan of him and how would you book him?

Pretty similar to how they are booking him. Unstoppable monster. I'd probably put him in the MITB at mania, assuming they are doing it again. I think you want to turn him face, to fued with guys like Kozlov, Edge, and Shelton.

The elimination chamber matches are back at NWO and so far the RAW EC is a little down in star power having the likes of Kingston and Knox in their and the Smackdown one has 4 big names already, what are your predictions of how the matches will play out elimination-wise and who would you add in the spots still available?

I think all the spots are already filled. Raw is Cena, Jericho, Rey, Koffi, Knox, and Kane. I like this match, you don't want to go crazy and throw all the top guys in the match. I think this will provdie a balanced card with JBL vs. HBK, and Orton vs Shane. I think John Cena is going to win.

On the SD side its HHH, Taker, Edge, Kozlov, Jeff, Big show. Now this looks like something WM worthy here. In fact, if i were booking i'd consider this, maybe add Matt Hardy in. Which i think Jeff might not really be in the match. But i think Edge or HHH are winning. It would be kinda silly to see Edge lose the belt. The belt and been changing hands every month, if that is the case. So my pick is Edge.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Who would you like to see win the ROH World Championship this year?

Who would you like to see win the WWE Championship this year?

same question for the tna title, The Worldheavyweight Championship, and the CZW Tag Team Championship belts?

Reaction score
Umaga - like you say, the unstoppable monster. Enormous size equalling powerful moves with enormous impact. And his finisher is "stabbing the throat" with his thumb. His fucking thumb.

Why? Why? Why? What's the background on this decision as a finisher?

Montana

Who would you like to see win the ROH World Championship this year?

I'll say Roderick Strong, he got the shaft since Pearce took over and wanted to push Brent Albright to the moon. But really Nigel has beaten most everyone multiple times already, so its hard to say anyone deserves it on the roster, at the minute.

Who would you like to see win the WWE Championship this year?

HBK, one last woo-rah. I'd actually like to see him win MITB, and cash it in at the end of WM. Wins the belt in his hometown. Nice feel good moment.

same question for the tna title, The Worldheavyweight Championship, and the CZW Tag Team Championship belts?

AJ Styles, as I've said before i'd like to see the belt go from a face sting to a heel Samoa Joe, to a face AJ Styles at BFG.

I'd like to see...idk maybe CM Punk win some world gold this year, however i wouldn't want him or HBK on SD.

CZW tag championship...hmm i dont reallly follow CZW much. BLKOUT, since i probably couldnt name any other teams they current have going.

Umaga - like you say, the unstoppable monster. Enormous size equalling powerful moves with enormous impact. And his finisher is "stabbing the throat" with his thumb. His fucking thumb.

Why? Why? Why? What's the background on this decision as a finisher?

I was also thinking about this when he made his return. I thought maybe he would use a new finisher. The wwe is known for some oddball finishers like the mandible claw. So i guess a thumb to the throat isn't the worse they can come up with. Plus its a pretty sucessful finisher. I can't recall too many that have kicked out of it. So i guess they stuck with it because of the entertainment factor.

Airfixx

Short one this week...

Christian to ECW...?

Personally, I laughed out loud when I heard (Imagine all the smarks worldwide with steam coming outta their ears!), but now my initial reaction has subsided, I like it.... Your thoughts?

Montana

Christian to ECW...?

Big Surprise imo. Probably right up there with John in the Rumble last year. I'm glad I was watching ECW last night, i was listening to Swagger's promo and glanced up as someone's music hit, and Christian's name popped, and i was like "holy shit" Good Surprise, however, was the shock factor worth it, in the long run. I thought Swagger had a good thing going on ECW, the first few weeks, I'd hate to see go back down the ladder, just so Christian can be the star. Looking at Christian he's noticably smaller. Looked a little rusty in the ring. I would expect to see that wore off rather quickly, as im sure its the first time Christian/Swagger have ever wrestled. So I think the Idea was OK. I thought he could have been used better on Raw or even SD for that matter. I think Raw had the perfect spot for him fueding with Chris Jericho. I'm surprised the wwe didn't pull the trigger on that. I guess they didn't want to put Christian in a main role so soon. Anyways, now Christian has to work his way back up the ladder again it seems. I think he will get there.

Montana

Heres my finalized WM thoughts and how i'd book things...

Preshow (Raw vs SD 8 Man Tag)

Santino, Kane, Rhodes, Regal vs. Big Show, Khali, Kozlov, Mr. Kennedy

WM

Tommy Dreamer vs Jack Swagger (Do or Die match) - Dreamer says he wants one last shot at that belt. Swagger says he has to put his career on the line. Dreamer Loses.

Undertaker vs HBK - HBK says he's willing to put his Mr. Wrestlemania label on the line against the Undertaker. After a good 20 minute match Undertaker wins, due to JBL's help. Undertaker doesn't realize it at first and then see's it and destroys JBL.

Shelton vs CM Punk (US vs IC )
Just the typical I'm better than you match. Punk wins

MITB
Umaga vs. Dibaise vs. Morrison vs Bourne vs Koffi vs. JBL vs. MVP vs. Mysterio

JBL was supposed to enter the match, but HBK decides to take his place. Ends up winning a epic ladder match, but hurts his knee at the end of the match.

Chris Jericho vs. Christian, (With Flair/Rourke) - Chris Jericho continues to run his mouth on Raw, until Christian comes out and says he's tried of hearing about Y2J bitching and Challenges him to a match. Simple stuff. Y2J wins.

Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy (Extreme Rules) -
Jeff Hardy wins, Matt wants to shake hands, but Jeff Hardy refuses

John Cena vs. Randy Orton
Randy Orton wins....and John Cena attacks him after the match.

HHH vs. Edge

HHH is screwed out of the title at NWO, and gets a rematch at Mania. Edge says he has a plan at Mania. Edge decides to pay off the referee in the match with a conterversial 3 count. After the match Edge begins to attacks HHH with a chair, until HBK runs down with the MITB briefcase. Officials are everywhere, and its choas. HBK grabs the mic as HHH limps to the back. HBK says he's done a lot of wrong things over the years, and he's going to start making up for them now. Starts talking about not knowing how many more matches he has left in his tank. Tells HHH to come back down to the ring. Says he's sick of HHH getting screwed over by edge, hands the MITB to HHH, HHH wins (sets up HBK vs Edge next year)

With this show, i kinda wanted to go outside of the box. I was thinking how to give this show a unpredictable feeling, and still make sense. I think everything makes sense and should deliver a great show top to bottom. I'm sure not everyone would like HHH defeating Edge in the main event. If not, put Orton vs Cena on last. Those two are interchangable. I would imagine some people wouldn't liek Taker vs HBK to end with a flaky finish, early in the show, but again, sets up for HBK's events later on in the show.

Montana

Planning on going to any wrestling pay per view events this year?

I generally try to go to any major wrestling shows in the Detroit area. I already went to the Royal Rumble and ROH's Motorcity Madness 2009 in Jan. As far as the rest of the year, who knows. ROH returns in June and probably towards the end of the year, so i'm sure ill go to those. I'm hoping TNA comes back for a PPV or at least a house show. Bound for Glory 06 was reportly a big sucess, so don't see why they haven't returned. The WWE might have SD come...but idk if i would go to that. If Raw comes, I'll most likely go to that. If its just a house show, i won't bother.

UFC 96 is coming to Ohio, i wouldn't mind checking that out, but it doesn't sound like anyone is interested in going out that way.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Heres my finalized WM thoughts and how i'd book things...

Preshow (Raw vs SD 8 Man Tag)

Santino, Kane, Rhodes, Regal vs. Big Show, Khali, Kozlov, Mr. Kennedy

WM

Tommy Dreamer vs Jack Swagger (Do or Die match) - Dreamer says he wants one last shot at that belt. Swagger says he has to put his career on the line. Dreamer Loses.

Undertaker vs HBK - HBK says he's willing to put his Mr. Wrestlemania label on the line against the Undertaker. After a good 20 minute match Undertaker wins, due to JBL's help. Undertaker doesn't realize it at first and then see's it and destroys JBL.

Shelton vs CM Punk (US vs IC )
Just the typical I'm better than you match. Punk wins

MITB

JBL was supposed to enter the match, but HBK decides to take his place. Ends up winning a epic ladder match, but hurts his knee at the end of the match.

Chris Jericho vs. Christian, (With Flair/Rourke) - Chris Jericho continues to run his mouth on Raw, until Christian comes out and says he's tried of hearing about Y2J bitching and Challenges him to a match. Simple stuff. Y2J wins.

Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy (Extreme Rules) -
Jeff Hardy wins, Matt wants to shake hands, but Jeff Hardy refuses

John Cena vs. Randy Orton
Randy Orton wins....and John Cena attacks him after the match.

HHH vs. Edge

HHH is screwed out of the title at NWO, and gets a rematch at Mania. Edge says he has a plan at Mania. Edge decides to pay off the referee in the match with a conterversial 3 count. After the match Edge begins to attacks HHH with a chair, until HBK runs down with the MITB briefcase. Officials are everywhere, and its choas. HBK grabs the mic as HHH limps to the back. HBK says he's done a lot of wrong things over the years, and he's going to start making up for them now. Starts talking about not knowing how many more matches he has left in his tank. Tells HHH to come back down to the ring. Says he's sick of HHH getting screwed over by edge, hands the MITB to HHH, HHH wins (sets up HBK vs Edge next year)

With this show, i kinda wanted to go outside of the box. I was thinking how to give this show a unpredictable feeling, and still make sense. I think everything makes sense and should deliver a great show top to bottom. I'm sure not everyone would like HHH defeating Edge in the main event. If not, put Orton vs Cena on last. Those two are interchangable. I would imagine some people wouldn't liek Taker vs HBK to end with a flaky finish, early in the show, but again, sets up for HBK's events later on in the show.

I think Kane, Rhodes, Show, and Kozlov will be on the televised card. Also why have Rhodes in the match with Dibiase? Unless they were forced to fight in an MITB qualification match and Rhodes lost.

I agree with this, Christian will be involved in another angle. He'll give Dreamer the title shot out of respect. Dreamer will lose and retire, he should have left a long time ago when Sabu, Sandman, RVD, etc left. Its pretty sad seeing him carry on all by himself. Put him out of his misery.

If both Shelton and Punk aren't in the MITB match. I think we'll see Punk vs. Regal in something special type match. Maybe a street fight or best 2 out of 3 falls. Shelton will be in the MITB

I'll give my thoughts on the rest of the card later.

The Rated R CMStar

Tommy Dreamer vs Jack Swagger (Do or Die match) - Dreamer says he wants one last shot at that belt. Swagger says he has to put his career on the line. Dreamer Loses

While the storyline could make up for it, I don't like that ECW's main event is a match we have already seen 3 times. Swagger vs Cage or Swagger vs Bourne attract me more.

I don't like that this match would be set so low on the card.

MITB

JBL was supposed to enter the match, but HBK decides to take his place. Ends up winning a epic ladder match, but hurts his knee at the end of the match

So HBK would just decide to enter the match? I dont exactly hate the idea, but I need a better explanation for it to happen.

Great concept, wrong competitors. I don't see any reason why Christian would decide to stick up to the legends. Besides, it would be throwing away his already established challenge for the ECW belt.

HHH vs. Edge

Picture the IWC imploding seeing HBK giving HHH the belt in silver platter instead of using it for himself.

Personally, I like it.

Some things were hopeful booking, like Christian vs Jericho. Others were plain wrong, like Swagger vs Dreamer.

Also, Big Show, Kozlov, Kane and Kennedy more than likely will be on a televised match.

Montana

I think Kane, Rhodes, Show, and Kozlov will be on the televised card. Also why have Rhodes in the match with Dibiase? Unless they were forced to fight in an MITB qualification match and Rhodes lost.

I agree with this, Christian will be involved in another angle. He'll give Dreamer the title shot out of respect. Dreamer will lose and retire, he should have left a long time ago when Sabu, Sandman, RVD, etc left. Its pretty sad seeing him carry on all by himself. Put him out of his misery.

If both Shelton and Punk aren't in the MITB match. I think we'll see Punk vs. Regal in something special type match. Maybe a street fight or best 2 out of 3 falls. Shelton will be in the MITB

I'll give my thoughts on the rest of the card later.

I agree Kane, RHodes, Show should be on the TV card, however its impossible to fit everyone on the show. Ric Flair was left off the card at WM 23.

Its not that i love Dreamer vs. Swagger, but i want to finish one storyline before starting another.

As far as Shelton vs Punk, i dont want the US and IC champs in MITB, they are already champs, you know. Plus i think its a great pairing.

While the storyline could make up for it, I don't like that ECW's main event is a match we have already seen 3 times. Swagger vs Cage or Swagger vs Bourne attract me more.

Right, as i said a second ago, its about finishing one storyline before starting another. I wouldn't have even had CHristian Debut in ECW. However i think Dreamer fighting for his career would be interesting in a hardcore match or not. I thought making his Do or Die would give it the extra umphh opposed to their previous matches.

Thats another this WM 25 is missing a big fued blowout matches. We are going to get a night of rematchs, but yet the fueds aren't going to be all that hot with 4 weeks buildup. Why not have guys that have been fueding for 3-4 months in a blowout match. (Like HBK vs Jericho ladder match, or Edge vs Taker HIAC...like they did in 08...try something like that at Mania, if you dont have any fresh matchups.

I don't like that this match would be set so low on the card.

I don't like it either. However for storylines purposes, it has to work like this.

So HBK would just decide to enter the match? I dont exactly hate the idea, but I need a better explanation for it to happen

Maybe i didnt explain this very well. JBL cost HBK the match, and since the UT wanted him and HBK to be fair he attacks JBL taking him out for MITB. HBK pissed at JBL decides he's taking JBL's spot in MITB.

Great concept, wrong competitors. I don't see any reason why Christian would decide to stick up to the legends. Besides, it would be throwing away his already established challenge for the ECW belt.

I would have never put Christian on ECW. That was ill advised imo, and a swerve just to do a swerve. Christian sticking up for Flair because its the right thing to do....It would have made more sense if Flair brought Christian back to the wwe, but whatever. The damage has already been done by WWE. PLUS it gives Y2J a big win at mania, and Christian a loss, BUT it puts him in a good spot to gain redemption.

Thanks for the Input

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
kk, Well, Valentines Day this year, has been one that really is getting the best of me. I'm not caught between a a place, and a hard rock. I'm caught between three places, and one REALLY hard rock.

I'm going to ask for help here, rather than posting a thread. So girl number one, I'll mention her quite a lot, so her names Crystal. I've had her for one class all year, and I occassionally talk to her. Not a lot though. She is pretty good looking, and has a good head on her shoulders. She's my age, and is my type. Petite. So I made my interest in her be known two weeks ago. We've been talking since friday of last week, when some girl, whom posed as her friend, told me that she had said "oh Crystal said she'd never go out with you.". So that left me like "uhm. ok. lets move on.". So later that night, I went to a hang out place of some sorts in my town, and I met a friend of my friends.

Que the next girl, Layra. Even better looking than Crystal to me. She's a year older, and is willing to let me get to at least than second base, where'st Crystal would probably let me get there seven-eight months into our relationship (if we have one). Layra would probably let me advance quick, being that she's older, and more experienced. So I just had a subtle meeting with Layra. Introduced myself, gaver her a hug, & kiss combo, and left. I came off as interesting I guess, and she basically hunted me down, getting my instant messsenger, and myspace. So two days later (this pased Sunday), she messages me, and we begin talking. By tuesday we had a group chat where she introduced me to her friends over AIM, and they all had been giving off some subliminal messages I guess like asking of my age then saying "oh your just the right age for Layra.", and then saying "oh this is Ubee (my nickname).". So that gives me the idea that she's talking about me. So I took initiative, and got the username of the only other guy that was int he group chat. I asked him what Layra said about me, and what my chances looked like. He said, that she's always saying some things about me, good things, like "he's so hot, and omg, wow. he's so fine. gosh!". So now I know my chances are good if I capitalize on it. So I asked her on a date for Valentines day. Everythings flying better than the movie Aviator, until everything comes crashing down when she gets grounded Friday. Being that she lives in Ft. Lauderdale (miles away from my town) Miami Lakes, and her punishment was that her car got taken away. So she can't go all the way to see me. Horrible I know. Then all of her friends attack me thinking I'm a bad guy, and did something. So now I know that she's depressed, not because I did something, but because of her not seeing me.

I'm real into Layra come Wednessday, but then a friend of Crystal's comes around, and bitches me out asking why I suddenly stopped talking to her. I explained, and then we concluded that the informant of mine, gave me some wrong information, because Crystal really likes me. & has been super depressed since I stopped talking to her. Now I feel like crap, so I decide, if Layra isn't going to be mines tonight. I'm going to Crystal. I suprise Crystal with a rose, and balloons Friday, even if its not Valentines. Since Crystal would be out of town Saturday with her family. So we kissed, and enjoyed each other the whole day, and then I eventually saw her at the same hang out place where I met Layra, and we spent the night together; until I left with a friend right quick, and they had gotten high. I didn't since I promised myself I'd stop, and then I came back smelling just like the damn weed. Crystal smelled me, and questioned me. I said i didn't, and she didn't believe me, and got all sad, due to me promising her I wouldn't do it anymore. So that left me stuck. Later last night, she called immeadiatley apologizing, and saying she messed up, and shouldv'e believe me. Layra's been messaging me the whole time, and we've been going great. Just talking, and flirting, and being anxious for "our valentines day" as she calls it, because since she missed tonight, she said she'd make up for it next weekend. In a whole night of her, and myself.

So where do I go? Crystal, good looking smart, and devoted to relationships, but very fragile, and delicate. She lives in my neighborhood, so I'd see her a hell of a lot.

Or do I choose Layra, the good looking, older, sweet, cheerleader that can give me one hell of a night. But, due to her living real far, that might come in between us, but she is moving to my town in a month, so that's going for her.