The official CM Punk leaving WWE discussion thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
CM Punk finally speaks! (Ok, it's not much, but it's still something.)
In other words, thank you for cutting my likeness for a DVD but I'm not signing an extension.
Soon, the cat will be free to appear for any promotion he likes (not necessarily to wrestle).

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
In other words, thank you for cutting my likeness for a DVD but I'm not signing an extension.
Soon, the cat will be free to appear for any promotion he likes (not necessarily to wrestle).

So....October 17, 2014: Punk makes his triumphant return to TNA? ROH?

Or his debut in GWF (or whatever Jarrett (That's J-E-Double-F Heh-Heh J-A-Double-R Heh-Heh E-Double-T Heh-Heh) is calling his new promotion)?

wk

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
So....October 17, 2014: Punk makes his triumphant return to TNA? ROH?

Or his debut in GWF (or whatever Jarrett (That's J-E-Double-F Heh-Heh J-A-Double-R Heh-Heh E-Double-T Heh-Heh) is calling his new promotion)?

wk
I believe the guy's heart is in the independent promotions. I could see him branching out and touching down in various places simply because he can. The guy has money. I'd concern myself with meddling with TNA. AJ Lee is under contract with WWE and Vince isn't below making her life he** if Punk goes Medusa on live TV.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I don't expect him to go anywhere. Dude is rich and doesn't need to. He took his ball and went home for good. His next endeavour IMO will be into the comic book or horror movie industries. Those seem to be his biggest interests outside of wrestling. I wouldn't put it past him to start his own Troma-esque movie studio.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I believe the guy's heart is in the independent promotions. I could see him branching out and touching down in various places simply because he can. The guy has money. I'd concern myself with meddling with TNA. AJ Lee is under contract with WWE and Vince isn't below making her life he** if Punk goes Medusa on live TV.

I figure you're right. Assuming he doesn't come back at some point to WWE, I figure he'll probably go to someplace like ROH for a while, just because he has instant credibility and will be ROH Champion again. He'll probably work some other indy shows just for fun, tour Japan, that sort of schtick. Whenever he feels like it.

I can see him (and his ego) signing with TNA, but not just in a wrestling role. I figure he'd try for some kind of job with creative control. He'd probably wait until AJ's WWE contract expired then take her and go that way. I have a funny feeling that it wouldn't be long until you had something similar to the "McMahon-Helmsely Regime" in TNA if that were to happen, with Punk as TNA World Heavyweight Champion and AJ as Knockouts Champion.

wk

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I don't expect him to go anywhere. Dude is rich and doesn't need to. He took his ball and went home for good. His next endeavour IMO will be into the comic book or horror movie industries. Those seem to be his biggest interests outside of wrestling. I wouldn't put it past him to start his own Troma-esque movie studio.

I can't agree with this. From all reports (guys like Heyman, Austin, Foley, Rollins, guys that know him pretty well), he loves wrestling. His issue recently is that he was constantly hurting and rarely taking time off. I have a feeling he'll get back in a ring at some point. Whether or not it's a WWE ring is the question (and I figure it will, at some point, be a WWE ring.....the money's too good to pass up).

wk

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I figure you're right. Assuming he doesn't come back at some point to WWE, I figure he'll probably go to someplace like ROH for a while, just because he has instant credibility and will be ROH Champion again. He'll probably work some other indy shows just for fun, tour Japan, that sort of schtick. Whenever he feels like it.

I can see him (and his ego) signing with TNA, but not just in a wrestling role. I figure he'd try for some kind of job with creative control. He'd probably wait until AJ's WWE contract expired then take her and go that way. I have a funny feeling that it wouldn't be long until you had something similar to the "McMahon-Helmsely Regime" in TNA if that were to happen, with Punk as TNA World Heavyweight Champion and AJ as Knockouts Champion.

wk
Exactly my point.
I believe some of you are short changing the guy. What would you do if you had a million dollars? Well, Punk knows.
All the comic book stuff are smokes and mirrors, his ego is too big to just write a comic book. Wrestling, in some form, in in his blood.
I don't believe he'll wrestle, but I do believe he'll look into all those avenues that Waco mentioned.

Punk is well aware how all his buddies were unceremoniously canned. Now is a great opportunity to poke fun at Vince in a light hearted way that doesn't completely sever the relationship. It's payback time. Everybody knows Punk doesn't forget a slight.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Punk will never go to TNA. His ego and self-worth are too big to lower himself to anything except working for the biggest wrestling promotion in the world at this point.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Punk will never go to TNA. His ego and self-worth are too big to lower himself to anything except working for the biggest wrestling promotion in the world at this point.
You don't think he'd show up at an Indy show just for the lulz? I wasn't even suggesting he'd sign a deal with an Indy, but I do see him entertaining TNA once AJ leaves WWE.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score

What's better for the guy with the big ego: working for the best or competing against the best?

I agree about the ego being a huge factor here; I just also think that his ego could very well lead him at some point to try and take down the "big dog".

wk

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
What's better for the guy with the big ego: working for the best or competing against the best?

I agree about the ego being a huge factor here; I just also think that his ego could very well lead him at some point to try and take down the "big dog".

wk
Excellent take. I'm surprised Lockard's missed that. If Punk stays away, that plays into WWE's hands. Why should he do that?
For every new hair cut and every new beard he was fighting the system. Punk is more vengeful than plain egotistical.
He'll take advantage of his freedom just short of being black-balled by WWE. He likes that kind of attention.
This is similar to what I expected in 2011, when his contract was about to expire. Punk wants to be worshiped.
He'll get worship touring the indy circuit (but not necessarily wrestling).

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Working horror movies wouldn't be below him, in the least. In addition to making wrestling show appearances, doing horror movies is something he would clearly enjoy.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
a365f2707729b4974b61d60c5a8170bb.gif

Closed.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler
Status
Not open for further replies.