The GFX OLYMPICS.. Rules, and first Task!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Well can you specify what you would class as "animated" text. then i understand, cos atm i have no idea what is going on. lmao.

All i know is to make 2 banners, one of benoit and how awesome he is, and one on something with animated text. lol.

Animated means moving, so you are required to have some kind of moving text. How you do that is up to you. I dunno what else I can say here to make that more clear.

One banner with the theme "winners & losers" and one banner regarding Benoit either positive or negative its up to you?

If you require anymore info please ask a more pointed question.

Buttersz

Reaction score
No thats fine, its just the animated concept i didnt understand.
Is that banner getting judged on the actual graphic skills, or the annimation? or both?

Buttersz

Reaction score
Thats cool, im done asking questions, for now.....lol.

JHar888

Reaction score
Take it from the person who got Alharjri, xtremehighflyer, and Butters to be the CWE poster art service people...they all rule!

Buttersz

Reaction score
Im still not too sure what to do with these winner/looser rules.

I have the benoit banner on lock, i love it.

I have yet to start he other as i dont quite understand what is meant to go down? is there any examples u can give me or anything?

Cos if i just made a bnner of say brocklesnar, with a moving gif and text that says "He never looses" which flashes, would that be allright?

:S

the dark knight

Im still not too sure what to do with these winner/looser rules.

I have the benoit banner on lock, i love it.

I have yet to start he other as i dont quite understand what is meant to go down? is there any examples u can give me or anything?

Cos if i just made a bnner of say brocklesnar, with a moving gif and text that says "He never looses" which flashes, would that be allright?

:S

it would be alright, but you wont get too enough points. be creative, its your choice to do anything, just have an animation. but the more creative and the better the idea, the moro points you get. get it?

Wrestling Station

Butters, you posted your entry in your sig? how sweet thing from you dude.

Buttersz

Reaction score
nah, my entry is way better than my sig. i just loved the poster so much i turned it into a sig.

I have PM'd my entry to you now, cos this time i used the right sizes :p

Oh and dark knight, i see hwat you mean now, so its not neccerally about the GFX skills, but on the animation.

I kinda get it, ill make 2 entries, lol

Buttersz

Reaction score
Sorry for double posting, but i need to post and the thread needs to get bumped so someone will read this.

Basicly, i do not have a program that will enable me to make animated text, or anything animated for that matter.

If i was to make a kickass banner representing winning and loosing, and feature a moving gif image, but no animated text, wwhats the maximum ammount of marks i can get?

I need to know, as that is all i can actully do!

the dark knight

Sorry for double posting, but i need to post and the thread needs to get bumped so someone will read this.

Basicly, i do not have a program that will enable me to make animated text, or anything animated for that matter.

If i was to make a kickass banner representing winning and loosing, and feature a moving gif image, but no animated text, wwhats the maximum ammount of marks i can get?

ill give u 6.5 points if your thing was seriously kick ass. try to do simple animations, use flash, swishe or anything. just do anything..

Wrestling Station

you dont have ImageReady that comes with Photoshop?
Just try your best, adding a gif is also called animated, but it wont count higher than adding animated text or objects in it.

Buttersz

Reaction score
Nope, imageready packed up about 6 months ago. And even then it wasnt working properly.

All im asking is, would i be able to get 10/10 by what i just decribed, which is advertising winning and loosing using a kickass banner and adding a gif, cos its still animated?

All i need to know if is it possible to get full marks doing what i jsut decribed, cos its still animated, or would i only get 6.5, even though its got an animation?

Oh well, i will just do that, and hope it is good enough. Thanks for the info anyway everyone!

Wrestling Station

^OK, just do what you can do, and i will see the other entries to give a decision about it.

Buttersz

Reaction score
Okay thanks guys. I will try as hard as i can, as i am honoured to be in teh final, and i dont want to blow my chance and let the other competetors down.

Status
Not open for further replies.