The GFX OLYMPICS.. Rules, and first Task!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrestling Station

ok, the results will be soon, just waiting for all the judges to come online to finish this up.

Alhajri, welcome back man, yes sure other competitions will be started soon and we all will discuss it to have the best ideas to take place :)

Gin

Reaction score
okay then abdullah, thanks for clarifying why you could not show up.

And Gin, you cant just skip to the final lol, you wouldnt of passed the earlier rounds lol. If anyone was to, it would be the person that came 4th in the round before.

Nethertheless, good luck SNACKZ :)

I wouldn't get pass the earlier rounds??? Did you see me win in the other thread by a land slide?

SnackZ

Reaction score
Still waiting but I just want to say for the record before the results are shown that I believe that if Butterz is allowed to use a MEGAUPLOAD FILE and did not have to commit to the internet standard of image size and couldn't get and image to fit within those constraints then that entry should not be allowed to be in this. My Winners/Losers entry could have been a LOT better if that were the case. Due to the downsizing of the image size (MB wise, not dimensions) I had to enter a choppy image. I could have had it run smoothly and transition better if I could work with MEGAUPLOAD and up to 200 MB. Just plain facts guys. I'm sure he's won this too. almost 99% sure.

Just throwing that out there guys. Thought I'd say it now as not to sound bitter later on.

Buttersz

Reaction score
No, its because my imageready is so old it dosnt show up properly.

Its not a case of it being to big/small/choppy, its that the colours are not crrect because my imageready is shit.

Upload yours to megaupload then, you cant say i put all that effort in for nothing, that isnt fair. I did all that i could, if you want to do a megaupload link aswell, be my guess.

I just dont want my entry to be downgraded becuase of my imageready being shit.

BTW its not a case of the file size, because it looks all shit when exported to the desktop aswell, so its nothing to do with the hosting, its to do with my imageready being lame.

And my thing is only 3mb, its not exactly huge.

So by all means upload your entry via megaupload aswell.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Whats done is done Butters. Not a biggie. I'm at work and can't be bothered re-doing my entry. The comp is done. The voting will be here soon. If you can't use imageready to save your file and have it look the way you wanted it to then you should have changed your scheme and done something that could have been uploaded to an image hosting site. You could have also downloaded a newer version of photoshop or imageready or even ULEAD GIF Animator or somehting to fulfill the challenge. Fair is fair man. Not gonna bother changing anything on my end though. Too many things to do IRL. This has been the best comp I've been in for a long time. Thanks to all who came up with the idea and all those who made me work my ass off to create some hot stuff. Hope to do this again real soon.

Untouchable

Reaction score
to be fair butters did ask for the rules to be changed so thank animation was not a necessity. You cant expect him to download a new version of photoshop! hes done his best to make it work, and it does work doing it this way....stop complaining hes not cheating or breaking the rules in any way

monkeystyle

Reaction score
As soon as Mr. Station comes back online. I could announce them but its his bit he should do it.

Wrestling Station

Results..

The First Olympic Champion is
SNACKZ (10points in bank)
congratulations!!!!!!

snackzcopy.png

Second Place: Butters (7points in bank)
Third Place: Abdullah Alhajri (5points in bank)

Untouchable, Noodle (2points in bank)
All other participants: Jwind, Peepshow, RawEnergy,(1 point in bank)

check out the GFX Showcase HOF thread in the showroom later to check your status with every competition.

The Finale entries were..

SNACKZ:

benoittributewithrain.gif

wl1A.gif

average score= 9.1

Butters:

benoitqr1.jpg

powerbombgif.gif

average score= 8.8​

Gin

Reaction score
Sorry Don't want to sound like an ass, but I think snacks second graphic has a stolen wallpaper background. I am 90% sure he didnt make it. I seen a lot of these graphic designers who steal other peoples work. Than post their crappy font on it and claim they made it.

Reason Why I suspect he didn't make the background is because someone who has master C4D would have already master the text in photoshop.

Please post your C4D or 3D Max Render. It will not take longer than 3minutes.

SnackZ

Reaction score
WTF are you on man? If you're talking about the background image that is just behind the wrestlers then here is what I did:

I took a few Abstract pictures and blended them together and added a new layer and filled it with a color set to hue. I did NOT use C4D but I would not say I stole anything. There are numerous stock images that people use for backgrounds and to say I stole it and used someone else's work and just added text is some bullshit. I worked hard on making this graphic and used more than one image and blended them. Don't see what the problem is with that? You're probably bitter because they wouldn't let you jump into the battle for the final round.

ANYWAYS - thanks for the votes and I am really happy that I won the first ever GFX Olympics here. I'll be adding the trophy to my sig. Let me know when the next one is.

Gin

Reaction score
Stock images? Sorry but wallpaper made by C4D are not "stock" photos. Those wallpapers are not made for people to use on their graphic. "And blend around"

Abstract Photo? That is purely a C4D wallpaper.

And you bluntly admitted you steal other peoples work and change the hue of it and call it your work.

Sorry buddy pre-made backgrounds look nothing like C4D Renders.

Status
Not open for further replies.