The Breaking Bad Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
You're buying something that looks more realistic. I'll sort out the accounting, we're in this together.

Edit - He was the guy that could do all the accounting, right? :yay:

Danny was that guy Saul was obsessed with saying "The car wash doesn't have a Danny though" he wasn't the accountant, he was the manager who would look the other way.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Still think that Walt is killing Skyler. The foreshadowing towards it is huge.

I actually thought that would happen in the finale of the previous eight episodes. It seemed foreshadowed somewhat in the 4th episode during that heated argument near the end. I doubt it's happening now, though.

Would anyone else ITT advise watching The Wire? I watched 3/4 of the first ep and fell asleep (mainly due to general sleep deprivation), but it just seemed like a pretty generic cop show to me. I get that it's meant to be different in that you see it from the PoV of the criminals and the police, but none of the characters particularly interest me apart from the awesome black dude in the cops.

The Wire is an acquired taste. It does start off slow but if you let it introduce all the characters - and there's a lot of them - and give the plot time to truly get set up and going (it takes about three episodes all in all), it's brilliant. I think it can be slightly overrated by some of it's fans, though.

The Shield is better, IMO. It's certainly the easier show to get into. It's up there with Breaking Bad, though I need to see how Breaking Bad ends and let it sink in overtime before I can truly compare which is better (though I usually don't bother wondering which is the better between something.)

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
a new season:woo::woo::yes::yes::tyson::ksi:

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
I actually thought that would happen in the finale of the previous eight episodes. It seemed foreshadowed somewhat in the 4th episode during that heated argument near the end. I doubt it's happening now, though.

The Wire is an acquired taste. It does start off slow but if you let it introduce all the characters - and there's a lot of them - and give the plot time to truly get set up and going (it takes about three episodes all in all), it's brilliant. I think it can be slightly overrated by some of it's fans, though.

The Shield is better, IMO. It's certainly the easier show to get into. It's up there with Breaking Bad, though I need to see how Breaking Bad ends and let it sink in overtime before I can truly compare which is better (though I usually don't bother wondering which is the better between something.)

Quick question because I'm curious. Is The Shield's 5th season finale good? My brother says it's the best finale but he's been known to over egg things.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Quick question because I'm curious. Is The Shield's 5th season finale good? My brother says it's the best finale but he's been known to over egg things.

You'll almost certainly be more pumped to see the next season (season 6) more so than any other season yet, just to how the series continues. Watch ASAP.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
You'll almost certainly be more pumped to see the next season (season 6) more so than any other season yet, just to how the series continues. Watch ASAP.

I'm so excited for it, I still have "Of Mice and Lem" to watch first, I'm really curious about that one, Lem's my favorite character though so an episode with lots of Lem isn't bad.

Is the finale 2 hours? Either way this season has been incredible so I'm glad it sounds like it has a filling ending. I've never been so excited to watch a TV show as I am now.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'm so excited for it, I still have "Of Mice and Lem" to watch first, I'm really curious about that one, Lem's my favorite character though so an episode with lots of Lem isn't bad.

Is the finale 2 hours? Either way this season has been incredible so I'm glad it sounds like it has a filling ending. I've never been so excited to watch a TV show as I am now.

It's 90 minutes just like 4x10 the previous season. The S6 and S7 finales are also 90 minutes. (Actually, almost every episode of season 7 goes about 8-10 minutes over the one hour mark.)

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
It's 90 minutes just like 4x10 the previous season. The S6 and S7 finales are also 90 minutes. (Actually, almost every episode of season 7 goes about 8-10 minutes over the one hour mark.)

Awesome, I hate that I'm getting to the end but I also can't wait. Like I said before I find it incredible that in England only a handful of people have heard about such a brilliant show.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, I hate that I'm getting to the end but I also can't wait. Like I said before I find it incredible that in England only a handful of people have heard about such a brilliant show.

Same is true here in America, unfortunately. Either they're unaware of the show or their general reaction (in a dull kind of voice) is "oh, is that show still on?"

For whatever reason, The Shield just slid under the radar. But the good thing is that if you look on the internet (IMDB, for example), 99% of people who actually watch the show for the first time have pretty much the same reaction you have and think it's one of the greatest shows (or things put on film, period) that they've ever watched.

Also, I hear the show was quite popular in France. So much so they played two episodes a week back-to-back starting with season six.