The best wrestlers...ever?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JimmyD

Reaction score
Sonjay Dutt's a good high-flyer and I actually rated Burke, I wouldn't call either of them particularly technical though.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
sorry i only meant to say talented. technical just slipped off my fingers after it :shrug:

MrBadExample

Reaction score
I can't find my thread-starter but I'm glad to see the vast acknowledgement of Flair's supremacy. Hogan was not a great wrestler, though he was the greatest draw ever. I always found Bret Hart robotic, stiff and droning and untertaining on the mic. Besides Flair, my top 10 includes HBK,HHH, Steamboat, Kiniski, Piper, Thesz, Bockwinkel, Magnum TA, Road Warrior Hawk and Owen Hart. The Rock was not much of a wrestler , though a great entertainer. Steve Austin's prime was cut short by neck and back injuries sustained in his I-C title match with Owen. Warrior was a poor wrestler and a flash-in-the-pan. Goldberg was an exciting performer and was well handled, but had limited skills. Same with Diesel/Nash. Sting comes close to making my list but lacked the versatility of a Flair or Michaels. Of the young crop of performers I rate John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, Jeff Hardy, and Jack Swagger very high. Honorable mentions go to Edge, Jericho, Orton and David Hart Smith.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
The Best Wrestlers Ever?

I can't find my thread-starter but I'm glad to see the vast acknowledgement of Flair's supremacy. Hogan was not a great wrestler, though he was the greatest draw ever. I always found Bret Hart robotic, stiff and droning and untertaining on the mic. Besides Flair, my top 10 includes HBK,HHH, Steamboat, Kiniski, Piper, Thesz, Bockwinkel, Magnum TA, Road Warrior Hawk and Owen Hart. The Rock was not much of a wrestler , though a great entertainer. Steve Austin's prime was cut short by neck and back injuries sustained in his I-C title match with Owen. Warrior was a poor wrestler and a flash-in-the-pan. Goldberg was an exciting performer and was well handled, but had limited skills. Same with Diesel/Nash. Sting comes close to making my list but lacked the versatility of a Flair or Michaels. Of the young crop of performers I rate John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, Jeff Hardy, and Jack Swagger very high. Honorable mentions go to Edge, Jericho, Orton and David Hart Smith.

I just found this thread and I am pleased to find a poster who can express himself articulately, and with whom I am in general agreement. I'm surprised that Mr Bad Example (a great Warren Zevon album, btw) hasn't seen my thread on Flair. But he's right that the contest is between Flair and HBK. Bret doesn't even list. The lowest financial period in WWF/E history was the "Bret Hart Era". He didn't draw in the US and his disc set didn't sell and he struggled to croak out a promo.

My top 10 is close but a bit different from Bad Example's:

1A. Flair
1B. HBK
2. Thesz
3. "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers
4. Kiniski
5. Gagne
6. Bockwinkel
7. Angle
8. HHH
9. John "The Guru of Greatness", "The Shaman of Sexy" Morrison

Morrison will be the World Champion with 6 months and even become the unified champion. He has the moves, the strength and an overload of charisma and he's the next Flair/HBK. Have you seen a face and a body like that on a wrestler with this kid's talents? Yes, I'm putting him on my list ahead of his time. Follow the WWE and see as I'm proven right. Again

seX-Power

I just found this thread and I am pleased to find a poster who can express himself articulately, and with whom I am in general agreement. I'm surprised that Mr Bad Example (a great Warren Zevon album, btw) hasn't seen my thread on Flair. But he's right that the contest is between Flair and HBK. Bret doesn't even list. The lowest financial period in WWF/E history was the "Bret Hart Era". He didn't draw in the US and his disc set didn't sell and he struggled to croak out a promo.

1A. Flair
1B. HBK
2. Thesz
4. Inoki
5. Gagne
6. Bockwinkel
7. Angle
8. HHH
9. Morisson

What??? No Gene Kiniski???

Airfixx

"Last edited by WCW4Ever : 08-14-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: editing"

LOL... No shit!

Reaction score

1A. Flair
1B. HBK
2. Thesz
4. Inoki
5. Gagne
6. Bockwinkel
7. Angle
8. HHH
9. Morisson

Seriously? How are you going to have a list consisting of Morrison if you have Thesz on it? How much Thesz have you legit watched?
Buddy Rogers??? Really?? Have you ever watched Buddy Rogers? Even by Golden Age standards he was just awful in the ring. He had some sweet charisma but his ring work was equivocably worse than Hogan's and he's not on your list. Then I wonder how much you've seen of Inoki, because he might have been a top draw of his era overseas, he too was pretty stinky in the ring. He sure wasn't as good as Baba.

I'm not calling you a liar, but it's hard to believe that you really have watched enough of all the names you dropped to think of them as the best wrestlers of all time. Anyone who has watched guys like Bock, Thesz and Gagne (technically sound but BO-ring as fuck) and has a true appreciation for that style and era would never call John Morrison the best of anything. Morrison is a spot monkey with nice hair and abs, but best wrestler? Ever? Pffttt...

Again, not calling you a liar, it's just hard to believe you've watched these dude's matches and if you have why is Buddy Rogers, Inoki and John Morrison on your list? And please don't try and justify it with some Wiki type shit. Be legit.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
The Best Wrestlers Ever?

Seriously? How are you going to have a list consisting of Morrison if you have Thesz on it? How much Thesz have you legit watched?
Buddy Rogers??? Really?? Have you ever watched Buddy Rogers? Even by Golden Age standards he was just awful in the ring. He had some sweet charisma but his ring work was equivocably worse than Hogan's and he's not on your list. Then I wonder how much you've seen of Inoki, because he might have been a top draw of his era overseas, he too was pretty stinky in the ring. He sure wasn't as good as Baba.

I'm not calling you a liar, but it's hard to believe that you really have watched enough of all the names you dropped to think of them as the best wrestlers of all time. Anyone who has watched guys like Bock, Thesz and Gagne (technically sound but BO-ring as fuck) and has a true appreciation for that style and era would never call John Morrison the best of anything. Morrison is a spot monkey with nice hair and abs, but best wrestler? Ever? Pffttt...

Again, not calling you a liar, it's just hard to believe you've watched these dude's matches and if you have why is Buddy Rogers, Inoki and John Morrison on your list? And please don't try and justify it with some Wiki type shit. Be legit.

Read the edited post. I never rely on Wikipedia, Ive updated it a few times. Question my legitimacy if you want. I've all the men on my either live, on tape or on TV.

Mr.BadExample1

Reaction score
The Best Wrestlers Ever?

Read the edited post. I never rely on Wikipedia, though Ive updated it a few times. Question my legitimacy if you want. All the men on my list, I've seen either live, on tape or on TV.

I don't why some men have to question a poster's credibility when they read a good post like the one in which you give your final list. I think it's almost bang on, save that I think you're unfair to Hart, though I agree that he doesn't list. As far as your assessment of Morrison goes, you're right, but your inclusion of him in the all time top 10 is outrageously premature.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
The Best Wrestlers Ever?

I don't why some men have to question a poster's credibility when they read a good post like the one in which you give your final list. I think it's almost bang on, save that I think you're unfair to Hart, though I agree that he doesn't list. As far as your assessment of Morrison goes, you're right, but your inclusion of him in the all time top 10 is outrageously premature.

Thank You. I'm adding you to my friends list and invite you read my other threads.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Is this "Pompous know it all wrestling smarks" week or what? Judging just by this thread alone full of people who have less than 100 posts and feel the need to wave their e-dicks around to prove they are substantial authorities in the wrestling business.

Seriously, isn't there like, a law against allowing too many douchebags into your forum at once? lol