The best wrestlers...ever?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Enigma22

Reaction score
^Goldberg? i dont really understand that.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

2. Bill Goldberg

roflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

Axis

Goldberg created one of the greatest atmospheres ever in his big times matches due to his undefeated streak. To a lot of people out there who AREN'T obsessed with super kewl mooovez, his WCW run (until WCW become awful) was one of the better periods in history. Just because the smark gods say he's awful doesn't make it so.

Enigma22

Reaction score
hes definitely not awful but hes definitely not in the running to be the best ever imo.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Goldberg created one of the greatest atmospheres ever in his big times matches due to his undefeated streak. To a lot of people out there who AREN'T obsessed with super kewl mooovez, his WCW run (until WCW become awful) was one of the better periods in history. Just because the smark gods say he's awful doesn't make it so.

To say he's the second best wrestler of all-time is just flat out ridiculous, regardless of the atmosphere he created.

Antony_nz

Reaction score
Male: Randy Orton .

LMAO, the year 2028 in going to be a crap year for wresling.

Ok.
1.HBK. Best sports entertainer in WWF period. Boy WWF was lucky to have him.

2.Ric Flair: Most influential wrestler of all time. Revolutionized promos and being a good heel. Strong physical violent psychological technical fights will allways and should be remebered as the man!

3.Dynamite kid. I cant believe how little hes mentioned. Probley the best pure wrestler in the world. Just never made it past the tag team division in the WWF. Becuase of his attitude he will only ever me remembered by Japan and Chris benoit.

4.Chris Benoit: the reincarnation of Dynamite kid. Hard violent hard working wrestler who had a true passoin for the buisness that we will never see again.
A true wrestling fan! Was able to make it to the top but didnt stay there long. Just like dynamite kid if your that good you will pay a deadly cost.

5.Kurt Angle: Amazing how a man who had nothing to do with fake wrestling was able to join up and end up being the best entertainer in the world.
Charisma,intencity,humor and great pure wrestling and inring story telling.
This mans story is simply amazing. Unforunetly just like Chris benoit and Dynamite kid he burnt him self out. He was working his ass off during the dull times of mid 2000. 04-06. Becuase of a lack of rest his boddie started to shut down. Why do you think Y2J and HBK still wrestle? They took breaks.

Runner ups.

6.Bret Hart. Hes allways been a hard one.
Lets start with the pros. Amazing worker. This guys work ethic matches the likes of Chris benoit. But unlike Beniot he wrestled a style that did not damage is own or other boddies. Bret hart transformed silly cartoon fake wrestling into a real psychological and physical sport. Hes style and attitude made you proud to be a fan of his. And unlike goofy hogan he was a mans man.
And dispite through out his career he was never very creative with his match style and story telling WWF was lucky to have him during those hard times.
He was never fancy or creative with his move set but what he did do he did well! Every punch he delivered he made you believe. He was good at what he did.
His demise was simply becuase of bad booking.

Steve Austin: A man who started off as a wrestling fan trying to make his way up the ladder ended up changing the world of wrestling. Completly tipping it upside down and stomping it in the ass!
A mixture of being the right guy in the right place at the right time and a unbelieve style of promo and attitude never seen in wrestling before.
Every single pissed off male wrestling fan completly related to Steve Austin and tuned in completely gobsmaked every monday at his never seen before anti hero style attidtude. This guy has had some of the best promos in wrestling history. The type of promos that had you 100% glued to the screen with a smile on your face. Theres no need to exsplain why hes so great. Hes Steve Austin! He allso just like "Bret Hart" had a great no nonsense style of wrestling. He was allso a great worker that was so highly respected backstage and allways looked after younger tallent. Unforunetly his go at the top was fast but furious. He only lasted from 1997 to 2002-3.
yea he walked out on Vince 3 times but can you blame him? Vince is a complete ass hole.

The Rock: Some of the best,most amazing and FUCKING hilarious promos have been at the hands of the rock. This guys promos were just simply ingenious and prooved that cartoonie and humorous style still has its place in wrestling.
Combined with his hilariose over the top selling HBK style of wrestling he was simply fantastic. Its no suprise that his career prime was from 1997 too 2002.
He had to move on from wrestling to another world where its more mainstream.
He became biger than wrestling its self. Now its the small and shellow world of hollywood.

Hulk Hogan:
Hes really good... Na jokes he fucking sucks. LOL ok look there are few good things i can say about him but come on..
To sum up how much Hogan sucks read this. He started wrestling in 1977.
During his match,1st match with Ric Flair. Flair was warned not to chop hogan becuase he was to green.
Flair was told to go easy on him becuase hes still green and not used to hard pysical matches. Infact Flair found in hard to get a match longer than 15 mins out of him becuase of his inexperience. (flair was Mr 60 minutes man)
If my maths are correct then Hogan was a 17 year Veteran and was still green to take a chop... Hmmm. ok i dont think Hogan deserves to be in my top 5. He did do alot of good things but becuase of his ego hes done more damage to wrestling that he has done good.

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
In my mind that is The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels. He has that unique style that combines technical wrestling, charismatic moves, nice finisher, aerial + brawling combined very well and of course his ability to carry out a match with almost anybody. He has an unique gimmick as well which can't be even matched with anything in the business.. it's a mixture of so many things in a great way. His mic skills are good... not great but still pretty damn good. He has so many memorable moments and matches that the status of an wrestling icon is inevitable. And at that age he is doing it as if he is 25 years old... HBK is the best wrestler alive!

Reaction score
Based on the overall packagE(mic skills, ability,draw etc) :
HBK
Flair
Thesz
Austin
Kobashi

Straight rasslin skills:
HBK
Kobashi
Misawa
Flair
Benoit

Straight up entertainers:
Hogan
Austin
Flair
Rock
Bruno

Zarhan

Reaction score
I think that for the age he have been wrestling and for the ability that he have now I say that Shawn Michael's is one of the greatest but ...... .Ric flaire can be a good one to because its not easy to wrestle when you are 60 years old man

JimmyD

Reaction score
Hulk Hogan:
Hes really good... Na jokes he fucking sucks. LOL ok look there are few good things i can say about him but come on..
To sum up how much Hogan sucks read this. He started wrestling in 1977.
During his match,1st match with Ric Flair. Flair was warned not to chop hogan becuase he was to green.
Flair was told to go easy on him becuase hes still green and not used to hard pysical matches. Infact Flair found in hard to get a match longer than 15 mins out of him becuase of his inexperience. (flair was Mr 60 minutes man)
If my maths are correct then Hogan was a 17 year Veteran and was still green to take a chop... Hmmm. ok i dont think Hogan deserves to be in my top 5. He did do alot of good things but becuase of his ego hes done more damage to wrestling that he has done good.

Well that's just not true. Ok the dude had a hand in ruining WCW and he certainly ushered in the decline in the mainstream popularity of wrestling after the 80s, but he's Hulk-Fucking-Hogan man. Mr. Wrestling. You ask any person out there over the age of 25, wrestling fan or not, who the first person is that springs to their mind when you mention wrestling and I gurantee it'll be him every time. Hell, I was 5 when I first started watching wrestling in 1992 and Hogan's decline in the red and yellow was already well under way by that point, but I still love the guy.

He was a better worker than people give him credit for, excellent at playing the cartoony, super-hero face and he captured the spirit of a generation. The man deserves his recognition.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
In this day and age when talented technical wrestlers like Elijah Burke and Sonjay Dutt are cut from their companies because of their inability to get over, funaki has to be the best wrestler alive.