The best wrestlers...ever?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Women: Taylor Wilde

Lol, no.

I'll probably name some people at some point >_>

MikeRaw

Triple H :shifty:.
Lol, but really, it's gotta be "HBK" Shawn Michaels. A career of 2 decades, overcoming injury, highlighting wrestlemanias, winning countless titles, and still putting on the best matches, and his charisma is great too.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

This is where it could get tricky. What are we basing this on? Technical Ability? Draw Power? Promo Skills? Career longevity? If it's all of the above than Ric Flair would win on all four counts. So would Shawn Michaels.

chessarmy

^ Its more of a personal bias. The thread wasn't created to be 100% serious tbh

The Rated R CMStar

Of course, because if you say ever, Samoa Joe cannot be there, and even HBK is arguable.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I agree with spiralshock, Ric Flair is the best wrestler ever.

For best womens wrestler I'd have to go with one of my favorites; Megumi Kudo.

Evil Austin

Men; Ric Flair

Women; Fabulous Moolah, friking 5 decades career but the last decade was random one show stints and run ins but still the first womens champion for 30+ kayfabe years that is still something.

Tag Teams; Leigon of Doom, Dudley Boys & Four Horseman & NWO no tag team or faction in history has made more impact then they have.

J

Male: Randy Orton thats just from what I've witnessed in my 10 years as a fan.

Female: Lita.

chessarmy

Of course, because if you say ever, Samoa Joe cannot be there.

Why not? The guy can cut a great promo, he flies around the ring like no other big man, and he's put on lots of 5 star matches during his young career. He's one of the best, if not THE best worker in pro wrestling today

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
jaded TNA fan once again.

Samoa Joe isn't even close to the top 10 EVER. Sure, he's doing great now, but I don't think he'll have a big an impact as someone like HBK, Flair, or Hogan did. He might be great in the ring, but really, he isn't changing anything. He doesn't have that much drawing power. His presence isn't like another TNA guy Sting's, who can have people watching just because his name is mentioned. You can say he's great, but what influence has he really had? We know that he's had a couple of 5 Star Matches, but does it even matter when the guy who's rating them gets a boner from middle aged Japanese men? Joe doesn't have the presence like a WWE or even WCW guy that when he walks into the arena, you want to cheer, or give some sort of emotion.

Taylor Wilde isn't close to being the best women's wrestler ever, or even currently either. Just because TNA put the belt on her doesn't mean she's the female reincarnation of Jesus. Here are 10 current girls that are better than her.
-Mickie James
-Beth Phoenix
-Victoria
-Gail Kim
-Kong
-Traci Brooks
-MsChif
-Sara Del Ray
-Sumie Sakai
-Daizee

END RANT.

Flair has to be the best male wrestler ever. To be that good during that time when wrestling was huge like that is just amazing.

Kizza

Men: Samoa Joe, Shawn Michaels

Women: Taylor Wilde

Agree?

My blind mark radar is going off.

Males: Hulk Hogan for me. This guy is like the main guy whenever wrestling is brought up. Everyone knows who Hulk Hogan is! Although he wasn't the most talented, he is the biggest name associated with wrestling, ever. Close second is Ric Flair, in terms of the talent side of things, but for biggest name, Hulk Hogan. Basically made the WWF/E what it is now.

Women: Fabulous Moolah. Easy. So freaking easy. She was champ for what, 5000 days or something? That alone makes you THE best ever.

Tag Team: Tough choice, Dudley Boyz, Legion Of Doom, you have a fair few great tag teams. Demolition, Hart Foundation, Four Horsemen, DX (ugh) etc would also be up there.

Airfixx

LOL....

I nominate Samoa Joe too.... No seriously.... I do.... WDF!?!?! You don't beleive me? ...It's true I tell thee! ...Honest!