TNA Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Best rating of the year too, I think, not sure on that too. A&8s definitely paid off, but this wasn't as good of a show as we've been getting. Always hate it when the better shows get lower ratings than ones that aren't as good.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I thought segment wise the show was good, but nothing in ring this week actually had me interested at all.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good to see them back at the level they were at before, I have been enjoying the Aces and Eights storyline and TNA are heading in the right direction. The ratings breakdowns from the week before again show that TNA should have stuck with the same timeslot that they previously had.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
prowrestling.net said:
Thursday's TNA Impact Wrestling television show drew a 0.96 rating, down from the 1.07 rating the show drew the week before. Impact averaged 1.217 million viewers.

Fair bit of a drop but they were competing against the MTV VMAs which drew over 6 million viewers.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Thursday's TNA Impact Wrestling television show drew a 0.965 rating, up slightly from the 0.96 rating. Impact averaged 1.2 million viewers.

I'm surprised there wasn't a decent-sized drop due to the first Thursday Night Football game.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good hold against strong competition. Can't find the hour to hour breakdown yet but if I do I will post it here. To me it seems like the earlier start is pulling down the numbers a bit, before TNA had a steady progression from hour one to two but now hour one is a lot lower than it used to be.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
TNA Impact on Thursday, September 13 scored a 0.97 rating off a first hour 0.86 rating and second hour 1.07 rating.

The first hour rating slipped from last week's 0.89 rating as Impact continues to struggle in the earlier timeslot. The second hour timeslot improved from a 1.00 second hour rating last week and was even with Impact two weeks ago.

The first hour quarter-hour range was 0.84 to 0.89. Impact increased two stairsteps to a 1.07 rating in Q5 to start the second hour, then peaked with a 1.14 rating in Q7 for Tara turning on Knockouts champion Miss Tessmacher. Up against the very end of the first-half of the Packers vs. Bears NFL game, Q8 dipped sharply to a 1.00 rating to close the show.

First Hour Break Down

Q1: Impact got off to a slow start with a show-low 0.84 rating for the immediate No Surrender fall-out with Austin Aries, Jeff Hardy, and Bully Ray, plus one commercial.

Q2: Impact was essentially flat with a 0.86 rating for a thrown-out-there X Division Title match, one commercial, and a handful of backstage segments.

Q3: The first hour highpoint was a 0.89 rating for a Bobby Roode promo interrupted by James Storm, leading to a fight. This was followed by the first-half of A.J. Styles vs. Kazarian. There were also one-and-a-half commercials.

Q4: Impact returned to a 0.86 rating for the second-half of Styles vs. Kaz, the Hogans backstage, Bully Ray and Hardy backstage, and one-and-a-half commercials.

Second Hour Break Down

Q5: Impact opened the old first hour/new second hour with a 1.07 rating for Hollywood Hogan addressing the Aces & Eights, one commercial, and ring intros for Daniels vs. Chavo Guerrero. This was essentially even with a 1.06 rating in Q5 last week.

Q6: Impact was essentially even at a 1.06 rating for Daniels vs. Chavo, one commercial, and backstage segments/video packages.

Q7: Impact reached a show-high 1.14 rating for Tara celebrating Miss Tessmacher before turning heel on her. This was followed by more videos, one commercial, and Dixie Carter holding court in a backstage office meeting.

Q8: Impact declined to a second-hour-low 1.00 rating for the Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray main event with a TNA World Title shot on the line and one commercial.

First hour is killing them.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
That first hour is a bitch, i still find it hilarious that the Knockouts are still getting the highest ratings on the show.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
At what point while TNA is on does the Football start, the second hour?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Game starts halfway through the first hour

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This continues to show that TNA should never have moved Impact to an earlier start. The first hour is consistently down and in dragging down their overall result. Great that the Knockouts still outdraw everyone else.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I love Tara but that heel turn came off really weak. Maybe because Assmacher is so damn bland.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just think that it was very predictable, everyone could see it coming so maybe that stopped it from being great.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
-- Thursday night's episode of iMPACT Wrestling did a 1.01 (1.0) cable rating, with 1.34 million viewers. Those numbers are up from a 0.97 with 1.22 million viewers last week.

The show ranked #38 in total viewers among Thursday night cable shows, #58 in the 18 – 49 demographic and #17 among males 18 – 34. It was #18 among males 18 – 49. Teen males were up by 0.1 ratings point and males 12-34 was also up 0.1. The show had tough competition for the Giants vs. Panthers NFL game on the NFL Network.

Thursday Night Football really doesn't seem to be affecting the rating at all.