Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appreciation thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I am loving this so far and only just got to see the turtles meet April. They nailed the interaction between the brothers so far. Just that sliiiiiight bit of Nickelodeon type humor there.

Question: Is that girl working for Shredder Karai from the new cartoon on Nickelodeon? Anyone know?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I am loving this so far and only just got to see the turtles meet April. They nailed the interaction between the brothers so far. Just that sliiiiiight bit of Nickelodeon type humor there.

Question: Is that girl working for Shredder Karai from the new cartoon on Nickelodeon? Anyone know?
Isn't Karai a real old school turtles character? Like comic book old school. I remember her from the 2000-show (best turtles show imo from a quality standpoint).

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Isn't Karai a real old school turtles character? Like comic book old school. I remember her from the 2000-show (best turtles show imo from a quality standpoint).
Oh I am not sure about the older show. She is Splinter's daughter but raised as Shredder's in the newest series

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Oh I am not sure about the older show. She is Splinter's daughter but raised as Shredder's in the newest series
In the original comics she was the original Shredder's daughter. Same in the show from 2002-2009ish.

Seriously watch that ish. As good as a turtles show will get. And true to the original idea.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Splinter seems a little more 'active' then in past movies. And Johnny Knoxville was not a good choice for Leonardo. It just doesn't....fit, IMO

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
In the original comics she was the original Shredder's daughter. Same in the show from 2002-2009ish.

Seriously watch that ish. As good as a turtles show will get. And true to the original idea.
It is Karai - see it listed on IMDB

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Splinter seems a little more 'active' then in past movies. And Johnny Knoxville was not a good choice for Leonardo. It just doesn't....fit, IMO
I thought it was just distracting more than anything. You just think "that's johnny knoxville" BTW i tried to rewatch the movie on that recorded version. The audio was whacky and it really takes away from the fight scenes visually.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
There are going to be so many cool gifs when that movie hits dvd or whatever

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Music from the movie above^

Casey's own song. I did not remember the 'goongala' chant from TMNT?

deepdoop

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
onthegamely.blogspot.com
I'm glad there's an appreciation thread for this movie because it was a lot of FUN. The script was messy as hell, and I think there were some pretty gaping plotholes, but I mean, it was a movie about teenage mutant ninja turtles so I'm not entirely sure what people expected. I just wanted a movie about the turtles I knew and loved, with some insane action.

For example, I saw people complaining about how they could block bullets with their shells. Turtle shells are pretty hard to begin with (you're welcome for that little tidbit of information), so it's not out of the realm of possibility that a MUTATED turtle shell could do that.