Straight Edge Lifestyle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I know I'm under age and all but I've had the chance to drink or do drugs and didn't take it. So I consider myself Pre-sXe. But I will stick to it because I just feel like its not something I wanna do. I've seen what drinking can do to people. I've seen what drugs can do to people. So I don't wanna have that happen to me.

Evil Austin

Ive been given the oppertunity to smoke before but I turned it down, it's just not my sort of thing. And probably never will be.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I know I'm under age and all but I've had the chance to drink or do drugs and didn't take it. So I consider myself Pre-sXe. But I will stick to it because I just feel like its not something I wanna do. I've seen what drinking can do to people. I've seen what drugs can do to people. So I don't wanna have that happen to me.

That kind of stuff only happens to the weak though.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
That kind of stuff only happens to the weak though.

Well I'm gonna stick to this lifestyle best I can. Been times I felt like it but then said its not worth it. I don't look down on people who do it thought. I got friends who do it and they know my lifestyle and there cool with that. But I know once I get older it will be harder but I'll stick to it.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Well I'm gonna stick to this lifestyle best I can. Been times I felt like it but then said its not worth it. I don't look down on people who do it thought. I got friends who do it and they know my lifestyle and there cool with that. But I know once I get older it will be harder but I'll stick to it.

You can do what you choose to and whatever it is as much as I disagree with the philosophy, I'll still respect that decision.

However, I just want the fact to be known that whatever you do as long as you are responsible about it, is not going to kill you or turn your life into a wreck. It's okay to smoke a joint if you want. You're not going to turn into a pot head. You wanna have a drink or two, maybe get buzzed? Go ahead, you're not going to become an alcoholic. Hell, you may not believe me, but if you want to go out on a weekend and do a couple lines of coke, you can do that. You will not become a junkie.

Of course there is always a caveat to this. It's like I said, be responsible about what you do.

And again, if you don't want to, cool. Just don't demonize it. The irresponsible fuck wit users do that enough for all of us already.

straight_edge76

Wow, I believe I started this thread buy I am not sure. I still follow the sXe. I thought it would be harder now that I am in college but it tsill is just the same as before. When you are around my age (18) that is when their is the biggest tempattion to drink. I followed it first just to stay in shape since I was a full time athelete, now that I am in college and no longer a full time athelete I still follow it. My father was a drunk and a drug user, part of the reason I choose this life. The majority of my peers drink and smoke among other things, I still dont wish to partake in them. The random sex, meh...I never was one for that. My friends still believe that I am crazy for doing that but It's me. I am not vegan though lol I cannot handle not being able to eat meat.

The Rated R CMStar

However, I just want the fact to be known that whatever you do as long as you are responsible about it, is not going to kill you or turn your life into a wreck. It's okay to smoke a joint if you want. You're not going to turn into a pot head. You wanna have a drink or two, maybe get buzzed? Go ahead, you're not going to become an alcoholic. Hell, you may not believe me, but if you want to go out on a weekend and do a couple lines of coke, you can do that. You will not become a junkie.

But it's not like that to everybody. While some people can handle their addiction, an attempt to a schedule like that for somebody can in fact turn that person into a junkie/alcoholic/etc...

It's not exactly a 50/50 situation, but there are a nice amount of odds for any to happen

The Clash

Reaction score
I havent had a drink since new years eve, Im not trying to be straight edge or nothing, just not having drink every week for no reason, I also dont smoke or take drugs so I guess you could call me straight edge apart from that stupid no sex rule, sex is what makes us happy as humans, unlike drugs and alcohol which actually make us depressed.

straight_edge76

Well, a common misconception (as least more then a few times in this thread) is no sex at all. It is not true, its no promiscious sex. you dont go around sticking anything with a hole in betweem their legs.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I havent had a drink since new years eve, Im not trying to be straight edge or nothing, just not having drink every week for no reason, I also dont smoke or take drugs so I guess you could call me straight edge apart from that stupid no sex rule, sex is what makes us happy as humans, unlike drugs and alcohol which actually make us depressed.

A) You aren't straightedge just because you haven't had a drink in 6 weeks. I haven't had a drink/smoke in 5 or 6 years and I've only considered myself straightedge for about a year now.

B) There is no "no sex rule." You are mistaking it for the no promiscuous sex which isn't necessary for straightedge, but based on personal preference. And what promiscuous basically means is that you are having casual sex with people you aren't in a relationship with.

PeepShow

I guess you missed the part where he said he wasn't trying to be straight-edge.

straight_edge76

No, I was just informing him on the mistaken "sex" rule. I understand taht he isn't trying to be sXe and its all good I am just trying inform him.