Straight Edge Lifestyle

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

sxe.jpg

Straight edge is a life long oath to abstain from all forms of recreational drugs including alcohol and cigarettes, and to abstain from promiscuous sex and moderate our sexual desires in general. These are the only guidelines for straight edge; all other lifestyle choices such as diet, religion, and political views are all optional pursuits often associated with straight edge.

Straight edge is an independent philosophy and is not directly associated with any creed, trend, music, religion or principle. Straight edge was born out of the hardcore music scene but the ONLY requirements of adopting a straight edge lifestyle is abstention from drugs and promiscuous sex.

The straight edge oath is one for life, taken to the grave (til' death). Straight edge is not for everyone. Straight edge is not flexible. Straight edge is a radical commitment to stay free of addiction and the destructive escapism common to society for your entire life. If you cannot maintain this oath until death, simply do not take it. If you must have promiscuous sex, call yourself poison free. The abstention from promiscuous sex is an element of straight edge often ignored or casually looked over by straight edge people but it is equally as important as not drinking, smoking or drugging yourself.

Does anyone on this forum follow this lifestyle?
I do and I was wanted to know if anyone else on this Forum follows it, and everything since there are not many straight edge people in my area i wanted to use this forum to talk to people about different aspects of the lifestyle.

And non straight edgers are welcome to ask questions and post opinions, comments or concerns if they would like, and i will not try to convert people or anything and i would appreciate any Straight Edge bashing, thanks.

straight_edge76,
a follower of the Straight Edge Movement

The Godfather

Reaction score
Heh, nobody's perfect, and I myself cannot attest to this type of lifestyle, but I admire the ones who do practice it, believe me it's very hard to maintain this type of lifestyle, but I imagine it pays off in the long run.

straight_edge76

yes it does where i have only followed it for about a month see it is rather easy, except for the sexual behaviors since well, there are some less then Innocent girls in this area lol

Abdullah nice to see a fellow sxe follower, hope we can be sXe buddies lol

Reaction score
I didn't know straight edge pertained to limiting sexual desires. If that's the case, CM Punk isn't straight edge at all. In WWE magazine it implied that he railed Mickie James (and they have quite a history), and he's currently dating Maria. He would be a fool not to bang her either. So I think CM is just a former drug addict and/or alcoholic, hence the Pepsi tattoo. He probably started drinking Pepsi instead of alcohol, that's my guess.

Either way, they say Straight Edge is not a trend, but it kinda is. It's people conforming together to follow a set of guidelines. Conforming is a trend, regardless of its' intent.

straight_edge76

lol yea guess CM Punk might not be but i still think its a pretty cool way to live, Punk isnt a former addict, i have read on all his fansites and such that he decided to be drug free and alcohol free because it tore his family apart and stuff like that, he said he got his Pepsi Tattoo in College since he was a avid pepsi drinker in joke to all his friends getting alcohol brands tattooed on their arm.

And for the record, if Mickie james would offer herself to me id ahve to say i would bang her brains out lol

Reaction score
Yeah no kidding. I keep it natural by smoking pot, and I'll have a beer maybe once or twice a month. I am very motivated by lifting weights, but it would be a lot better if I didn't smoke pot. I applaud anybody that can stay away from it, or conquer it.

Reaction score
Id consider myself a born-again straight edge. I can honestly say I have had a single drag of a cigarette (even though i was like 10, and it was my older bro pushing me into it) and I have had 3-5 sips of alcohol (again, back when I was younger. my parents seemed to encourage it back then; but now encourage my lifestyle).

Right now, and for the past 3 years atleast I have not touched alcohol, since I dont find the desire to drink it. Smoking I cannot stand, and will never do again and drugs well ... why?

With the sexual desires; I have some strongish sexual urges I think; but yet am still a virgin. I wont be rushing off to have sex with the first girl I meet either; so unless "self lovin' " is included in that lifestyle, Id say Im pretty much straight edge.

Reaction score
Self-loving is a sin! Masturbation is evil! GOD IS WATCHING YOU!!!

Reaction score
Yes yes I know ... every time I masturbate a kitten dies. The fucker prolly gave someone a disease, and deserved to die! IM DOING THE WORLD A FAVOUR! :p

And to quote Scrubs;

Janitor: who is this god everyone is afraid of?

straight_edge76

lol yea thats cool rated r i mean ur not a fuckin addict so thats cool, i dont find a reason to though since i have seen how drugs can really mess someone up, plus i dont find alcohol very good tasting/smelling and i like to lift also, another reason i follow that life as more of a motive.

Knicky good for you apllaude your turn around i dont think it is and what they mean by limited sexual desire is not total abstinace but only sexual intercourse and other forms of sex with someone you have a strong relationship with and you care about, so see if i wanted to i could have sex with my girlfriend because we care about each other, but were not ready for that yet

Reaction score
Yeah...I'm Canadian and Canadians and beer just go hand in hand lol. But like I said, I only drink maybe twice a month because I train with supplements and that's hard on the liver as it is.

straight_edge76

yeah thats true, so do the supplements really work? I mean i never tried them and am curious i have done it the hard way with a combo of farm boyin' and lifting in weight training class and on my own

Reaction score
Supplements definately work, but they can be expensive if you're on a low-budget. This is why I need to get big while I'm still young, because when I break into the business as an independant wrestler, I'll have barely any money to afford them. I'm working full-time now so supplements are pretty cheap. I also shop at a good supplements store based in Canada, called Popeyes. With every purchase they give you free servings of protein and new products to try, as well as like 3-$5 in Popeye money which can be used towards buying supplements. They add up pretty quickly so it's a sweet deal.

A month's supply of protein is about 80-$100 (60-$80 USD), which isn't too bad. Protein is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue damaged during training. I picked up a months supply of creatine for about $45 USD which is pretty good. I'm just stacking the 2 together right now and I've noticed gains. You need to drink a lot of water with the creatine because it draws the water into the muscle cell, making it more dense, etc.

In addition to the supplements, you need to eat a lot of meat like steaks and fish which is additional protein. Eating a lot is where I am failing because I live with my parents so I eat what they feed me lol. I'm not really on my own budget yet because I'm saving for a car. But yeah, supplements definately work, but only if taken properly with lots of water and a high-protein diet.

King_Ash

Reaction score
Im fucked then, I do drugs... drink alcohol, smoke, swear the list goes on.