Star Wars New Trilogy Official Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ozymandias

Reaction score
re: Star War New Trilogy Official Thread

[/B]

Ok the last part has to be ironic, rich and diverse and Star Wars don't quite fit in the same sentance lol.

Not sure if you're just trolling but I'll bite; yes, rich and diverse. Lucas and his team created an entire galaxy, with countless worlds and races, languages, a new religion, thousands of year of history and mythology within that galaxy. Technology, secret societies, conspiracy and (like it or not) politics.

Tatooine itself is full of stories never mind all the other planets we've seen. The options - as long as they're kept within canon - are practically limitless.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Kevin Smith. I'm not quite sure why he's not even mentioned in any of these polls appearing everywhere. Whedon Star Wars I'm not seeing it I'm also not seeing Nolan Jackson or Del Torro.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Not sure if you're just trolling but I'll bite; yes, rich and diverse. Lucas and his team created an entire galaxy, with countless worlds and races, languages, a new religion, thousands of year of history and mythology within that galaxy. Technology, secret societies, conspiracy and (like it or not) politics.

Tatooine itself is full of stories never mind all the other planets we've seen. The options - as long as they're kept within canon - are practically limitless.

Seriously, like the Galaxy far far away doesn't have enough to keep new content is just plain ludicrous.

And Buffy was better when it was a cheerleader from the Valley. Overrated fanboyism for Whedon.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Seriously, like the Galaxy far far away doesn't have enough to keep new content is just plain ludicrous.

And Buffy was better when it was a cheerleader from the Valley. Overrated fanboyism for Whedon.

1. Well I don't see how disagreeing with Apple on Star Wars being rich and dervise is trolling, but anyway it seems his answer is the fact that there have been six films, set in many different worlds, with lots of technology involved. To me rich and deverse has more to do with layered storytelling, deverse characters etc.

2. Sorry will disagree with you on this all day long, Buffy is one of the greatest TV shows ever, not saying I like everything Whedon has ever done, but that has to be one of the most constantly enjoyable and engaging shows ever.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

6 movies, countless videogames, novels, & comic books, spanning generations before & after what is seen solely in the movies.

Asides from Star Trek(where they actually explain the tech), Star Wars is an exceptionally diverse universe.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

They could easily make films and TV shows based off all the books. Some of that shit is golden!

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

I still say a Shadows of the Empire CG movie would have been gold, use as much of the original cast as possible to V/O, and Dash Rendar is 100x more badassed than that bounty hunter everyone praises.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

1. Well I don't see how disagreeing with Apple on Star Wars being rich and dervise is trolling, but anyway it seems his answer is the fact that there have been six films, set in many different worlds, with lots of technology involved. To me rich and deverse has more to do with layered storytelling, deverse characters etc.

2. Sorry will disagree with you on this all day long, Buffy is one of the greatest TV shows ever, not saying I like everything Whedon has ever done, but that has to be one of the most constantly enjoyable and engaging shows ever.

Nobody said anything about trolling. Most people said you are wrong, which in many opinion is right and on the internet, opinion becomes fact when many agree with it.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

Quick update;

Matthew Vaughn rumoured to be in talks about directing

Is Matthew Vaughn in Talks to Direct STAR WARS EPISODE 7? | Collider

Harrison Ford reportedly keen to reprise his role as Han Solo

Harrison Ford Open to Returning as Han Solo in the STAR WARS Sequel Trilogy | Collider

And lastly, Harry Knowles over at AICN writes about the amount diversity ;) available to directors and writers in the Star Wars Universe

Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

I'd be completely, completely happy with Vaughn directing, hopefully Jane Goldman scripting, and Ford coming back? Well that's just the icing on the cake.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Following yesterday's report that claimed Michael Arndt had provided an extensive treatment for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, comes official word not only of Arndt's involvement, but of the fact that he will be providing the full screenplay for the highly anticipated 2015 release.

Arndt, who also wrote Little Miss Sunshine (winning him an Academy Award) and the upcoming Oblivion and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, is a noted fan of George Lucas's seminal film series and has publicly lectured about their merits.

Still not confirmed, however, is the rumor that Arndt's treatment includes the characters of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo. That being said, recent news suggest that, if the rumor does pan out, it's very likely that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford will return to their respective roles.

Star Wars: Episode VII will see a release in 2015. Check back for more details as they become available.

This is great news at this point. I think getting the original cast would really help retain any nay sayers.

And one director is thankfully pulled himself out of the running.

Now Quentin Tarantino told EW something similar: “I could so care less. Especially if Disney’s going to do it."

I don't want Tarantino touching Star Wars Indiana Jones or James Bond EVER

Last edited:

Ozymandias

Reaction score

Ardnt, given his CV, is perfect. Really happy about this.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Fuck Tarantino.

Is Mark Hammill going to drop some weight, or are they gonna go with the "Luke Skywalker let himself go" story?

Reaction score

But when did I say that the prequals were shit? I am assuming they are, but can't be 100% sure, its just that I have little interest in seeing them. Like wise as someone who isn't a Starwars fan surely you can understand why I wouldn't want to watch on having hated TPM.

Assuming is as bad as saying they're shit based on heresay. Watch the films, and then pass a judgement, otherwise you just come across as a pretentious twit regarding the matter.

Actually I have seen four Star Wars films because I saw the original three so I do have a good idea of their like, so to say that I don't have a clue or even that I claimed such is an odd statement.

Well, you don't have a clue because Clone Wars and ROTS fill in the story to setup 4-6, so obviously not watching them is limiting your potential to judge the series fairly.

----------------------------------------------

I'm loving the idea of a new movie. There is so much potential that can be explored.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Assuming is as bad as saying they're shit based on heresay. Watch the films, and then pass a judgement, otherwise you just come across as a pretentious twit regarding the matter.

Well, you don't have a clue because Clone Wars and ROTS fill in the story to setup 4-6, so obviously not watching them is limiting your potential to judge the series fairly.

----------------------------------------------

I'm loving the idea of a new movie. There is so much potential that can be explored.

But if I am not a Starwars fan based on the original three movies then I why should I keep watching the recent ones? Also I think your being pretentious by trying to force the idea on people that if they don't see every Star Wars film they are somehow missing out in life. You think Star Wars are the holy grail of filmmaking, personally they don't do much for me. Many hardcore Star Wars fans don't even like the recent films, that speaks volumes for me.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

I think the hate is only for Phantom Menace, I dont see people bitch about Attack of the Clones, or Revenge of the Sith, which in my opinion are better than A New Hope yet fail to reach the heights of Empire Strikes Back, or Return of the Jedi.

But again, if you are not into sci-fi(which I am, and still find Star Wars on the weaker end), then they wont be for you. Its like trying to convince a guy to watch a romcom on his own.