Star Wars New Trilogy Official Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
re: Star War New Trilogy Official Thread

Hopefully Disney can make a Star Wars movie that doesnt suck, theres so much wrong/stupid with the first 6 movies.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

I'll be honest, I'm ecstatic about this.

I'm a huge fan of Revenge of the Sith, it's unfairly lumped in with the other prequels which were admittedly a huge disappointment. ROTS is a great Star Wars film and is up there with Return of the Jedi (A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are untouchable), so I don't harbour any great hate towards Lucas because Sith almost made up for the other two. However, it definitely is time for him to move on. The fans don't trust him to make any more good Star Wars films, and I'm not sure he'd be interested in doing so, so handing the reigns over to Kathleen Kennedy was a great move when it happened a few months back.

This is a no-brainer for Disney. Star Wars, thanks to the excellent Clone Wars animated series, is as lucrative and commercially viable as it has even been, kids absolutely love it and merchandising sales are back up to where they were in the 1980s. Given their success with Pixar and Marvel, they are the perfect company to take over Star Wars. Any fears I would have had about their ability to stay true to the origins of Star Wars have already been extinguished by how great Avengers was.

And then there's the big news, Episode VII. Always hoped it would happen, but as time went on was less and less sure. Now I know we're getting 7, 8 and 9 I'm ridiculously excited. EVERY single writer and director worth his salt is going to want to have a crack at these films, there's so many good young directors out there today, if the studio get this right the new films could be really special.

I've grown up with Star Wars, I'll probably have kids over the next few years, and I love I'll be able to take them to see new Star Wars films

Not that I've been positive; let the nay-saying re-commence!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

George Lucas just made a couple more billion dollars, smart move by Disney to purchase this firm as they are the ones that will be able to get the maximum value out of it. Plus they have shown with Marvel that they don't mess around with the product and make it as true to the story as it can be. The real money with Star Wars isn't even in the movies anyway, the merchandise alone makes this a cheap purchase even if they didn't bother with another movie. The movies are only there as a promotional tool to sell merchandise.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh

I'm not a massive fan of Star Wars so I don't exactly mind Disney wanting to make another trilogy.

They've already done good stuff with Pixar and Marvel, I doubt they'll completely mess up what they have in stored for the Star Wars franchise.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

I am a Star Wars mark. I can say Star Wars are my favourite movies. I am not sure about this. When I saw the title of this thread I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOO, THEY ARE GOING TO FUCK UP THE CLASSIC!". But thinking about it I am getting calmed down. They produced some nice movies, I am just wondering what story they will use. It needs to be really, really, really, really unique.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

I watched AOTC the other week when it was on TV and I actually really enjoyed the last hour. From when Obi Wan arrives at the Clone factory and Anakin slaughters the Sand People it actually builds into a decent finale. I just hate all the stuff on Naboo with Anakin and Padme, it's cringe-worthy and wastes the first half of the film.

The first prequel should have been AOTC, with Anakin older and already a padawan, and Obi Wan should have gradually realised he was the chosen one. Have them together for the whole film to build their relationship as 'brothers'. The second one should have taken place between AOTC and ROTS and do, basically what the animated series is doing now. Build up the Clone Wars as an event, show Anakin building relationships with Padme and Palpatine and moving away from Obi Wan. Then start ROTS as it was.

The Jake Lloyd Anakin and Qui Gon bits were pretty pointless overall. You could have had Darth Maul as the main villain throughout the first two films, then had Palpatine take over in ROTS.

I think Kennedy and her team will be well aware of the mistakes made in the prequels and now that Lucas doesn't have the same influence I'm confident the same mistakes wont be made.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

I can dig this, Disney hires a writer who loved Star Wars and a director with a vision that could make the movie even better than the originals.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

It was announced yesterday that Disney has bought Lucasfilm and plans on creating an all new Star Wars trilogy with Episode VII hitting theaters in 2015, followed by a new movie every other year.

Once this was announced and we all calmed down a little, the typical fan fare of who would direct the new films, who would star in them, and what they would be about began. Many fans began to speculate that the new series would be an adaptation of Timothy Zahn's "Thrawn Trilogy," a series of novels considered canon by the people at Lucasfilm; however, it doesn't seem that way.

E! Online has learned from a source at Lucasfilm that the new films won't be an adaptation of the books. Their source says "it's an original story."

There's still hope though fellow Star Wars fans, as Disney plans on using all forms of media for their newly acquired purchase. As George Lucas said himself in the press release, "Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Still be very interesting to see how it goes. Also could you imagine all the Star Wars stuff they could have at their theme parks.

Also what does this mean for Indiana Jones.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score

This means Disney will stop the Speilberg and Lucas rape of Star Wars and Indiana Jones. It needed to happen. Someone needed to wretch Star Wars out of Lucas' predatory clutches.

southparkindie.jpg

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I'm so glad I actually came here and read overwhelmingly positive comments about this. So many Star Wars fans are just infuriating me lately with their stupid comments about how "Disney will fuck it up" and so on. I am absolutely overjoyed by this news and can't wait for 2015.

Since Lucas is staying on as the creative consultant and Disney seems to be following through with his own vision for the next trilogy, it's highly unlikely that Disney could stray from the core elements of the franchise. It's not like the content will be much different either considering the SW films have always been PG and even that Avengers movie was PG-13. Just because it's produced by Disney doesn't mean it will go soft at all.

The only two things that will definitely change is 1) The profits go to Disney (who cares) and 2) the movies will work with a much, much, much larger budget (fuck yeah). And this almost guarantees there will be a Star Wars rollercoaster going up somewhere too. "Darth Vader: The Ride" gets a huge fucking stamp of approval from me. It almost makes me wish Warner Brothers bought it because Six Flags has more theme parks than Disney. If Warner had it, every moderately popular SW character would have their own fucking rollercoaster just like the Batman characters. But I'll still settle for one badass ride at Disney World.

But yeah....

FUUUUUUUCK YEAH BITCHEEEEEEEES! STAR WARS IS BACK MUTHAFUCKAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Tuesday’s news that George Lucas is giving the keys to the Star Wars universe to The Walt Disney Company in a $4.05 billion mega-deal surprised fans around the world, including some famous filmmakers who grew up on the franchise. It even caught a key figure in that universe — Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill — by surprise. Reached by EW, Hamill — who currently does voice work on no fewer than four animated series and will co-star in the upcoming crime thriller Sushi Girl — shared a few thoughts on where Star Wars and its fabled creator go from here now that Lucas is handing over the reins (and the light sabers and blasters and all the rest) to new custodians and the next generation of filmmakers.
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What did you make of the big news yesterday?
MARK HAMILL: Oh my gosh, what a shock that was! I had no idea that George was going to sell to Disney until I read it online like everybody else. He did tell us last summer about wanting to go on and do [Episodes] VII, VIII, and IX, and that [newly appointed Lucasfilm president] Kathleen Kennedy would be doing them. He seems to be in a really good place. He’s really happy. And that’s nice because I know that when we were making the movies, he was not a jolly guy on set. [Laughs] I always felt badly for him because he agonizes over details, and I’m sure after imagining it in his head for so many years, to see it realized — he’d look up and just hang his head and groan. Harrison [Ford], Carrie [Fisher], and I were always trying to cheer him up and joke him out of his doom and gloom. I missed his call yesterday, but I spoke to him maybe three weeks ago. But until we know more, it’s hard to make any comment other than congratulations to George.
So you met with George this past summer and he told you about his plans to make another trilogy?
Yeah, last August, he asked Carrie and I to have lunch with him and we did. I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the Star Wars TV series that I’ve heard about — which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor — or the 3-D releases. So when he said, “We decided we’re going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,” I was just gobsmacked. “What? Are you nuts?!” [Laughs] I can see both sides of it. Because in a way, there was a beginning, a middle, and an end and we all lived happily ever after and that’s the way it should be — and it’s great that people have fond memories, if they do have fond memories. But on the other hand, there’s this ravenous desire on the part of the true believers to have more and more and more material. It’s one of those things: people either just don’t care for it or are passionate about it. I guess that defines what cult movies are all about. We’ll see. I’m anxious to know what’s going on, but the main story [yesterday] was the sale to Disney. I have mixed feelings about that, but they haven’t done badly by Marvel and the Muppets and Pixar. It’s one of those big decisions that at first seems unusual but then the more you look at it, the more it makes sense.
When you had lunch with George, did he get into any details with you about where the story would go in the next three films, or whether you would have a part in them?
Well, no, he was just talking about writers and the fact that he wouldn’t be directing. I guess he wanted us to know before everybody else knew. He said, “Now you can’t tell anybody!” [Laughs] Even now I’m nervous about saying anything. I just don’t know!

Seems that this would have been done regardless of Disney. I also think that telling Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher about it seems like he was giving them a heads up gauging their reactions to doing another one. I really hope the three are involved in the next few.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

I honestly don't get why people shit on the last 3 films, I fucking loved them, only thing that could have made it better was more Quai Gon.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

They were great films, I really enjoyed them. I think everyone that didn't had way too high of expectations due to how good the original ones were.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Everybody should have know they wouldn't have been amazing as the classics. The classics were phenomenal graphics wise considering the time, maybe they were just expecting insane graphics... The first one couldn't be amazing because it was the fucking 1990's and graphics somehow became shit.