Star Wars New Trilogy Official Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
re: Star War New Trilogy Official Thread

The major flaw that most people have is that everything is much shinier they fail to realize that war would slow down thing and things would start to look kinda shitty. The other two things are Anakins crying all the time and of course Jar Jar Binks. Cut out Jar Jar add some sort of dialogue about how the war is haulting production in areas add a similar line to the new trilogy and it fixes everything people bitch about.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

Jar Jar Binks, Watto, & Adolecent Anikin are the only things I hated about the prequel trillogy. Some of the Jedi like Plo, Windu, & Fisto were awesome to see visualized.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Jar Jar Binks, Watto, & Adolecent Anikin are the only things I hated about the prequel trillogy. Some of the Jedi like Plo, Windu, & Fisto were awesome to see visualized.

Why Watto?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

He looked so out of place on Tatooine, and just annoyed me to no end. Not as bad as Jar Jar, but even Boss Nass was a more enjoyable character.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I wouldn't have had an issue with Jar Jar if he just didn't have so much screen time. Episode 1 was definitely my least-favorite of the films, and he was a big part of the reason. From best to worst, it goes episodes 5, 4, 3, 6, 2 ........... 1. Way down there.

Anakin honestly never bothered me, and I seem to be of a severe minority. I also enjoyed Episode 2 immensely and so many SW fans proclaim it as the worst.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

In my experience anyway, people who shit all over the prequels, only ever watched Phantom Menace. Most never gave the others the time of day. I have only seen each once when they were originally released, so I dont remember all that much, but I do remember thinking episodes 2 & 3 were on par with Jedi.

Reaction score

I will always love seeing grown men bitch about Jar Jar. That never gets old. Hint: Jar Jar is for the kids.

The prequels are incredible movies. If you've never watched all 6 Star Wars movies in order over the span of a couple weeks and paid attention to the threads between them that arise, then I really can't take your opinion seriously. That's how they should be watched, not years apart.

The other thing that slays me is people on Twitter right now acting like George Lucas fucked their dog or something by selling to Disney. Frankly I've been dying for someone OTHER than Lucas to get a chance at showing their love of the series. Lucas has started something huge, and after 30 years of him defining that vision I think it's okay for some new creators to get a shot at sharing that vision.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

I honestly think the strongest "trilogy" out of the six is ROTS, ANH and ESB.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

I will always love seeing grown men bitch about Jar Jar. That never gets old. Hint: Jar Jar is for the kids.

The prequels are incredible movies. If you've never watched all 6 Star Wars movies in order over the span of a couple weeks and paid attention to the threads between them that arise, then I really can't take your opinion seriously. That's how they should be watched, not years apart.

The other thing that slays me is people on Twitter right now acting like George Lucas fucked their dog or something by selling to Disney. Frankly I've been dying for someone OTHER than Lucas to get a chance at showing their love of the series. Lucas has started something huge, and after 30 years of him defining that vision I think it's okay for some new creators to get a shot at sharing that vision.

Then why were the droids in the movie then? They were fine for the kids when I was a kid. Why do we need an overexagerated Jamaican stereotype that makes Lucas look like a racist?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

In my experience anyway, people who shit all over the prequels, only ever watched Phantom Menace. Most never gave the others the time of day. I have only seen each once when they were originally released, so I dont remember all that much, but I do remember thinking episodes 2 & 3 were on par with Jedi.

You know what that is a fair point because after seeing how dire Menace and hearing bad reviews of the other two I really didn't feel like bothering but then I am not a Star Wars fan anyway so that is a big factor.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

You know what that is a fair point because after seeing how dire Menace and hearing bad reviews of the other two I really didn't feel like bothering but then I am not a Star Wars fan anyway so that is a big factor.

Well then surely you can understand why people get annoyed when people say "ah the prequels were shit" and you ask what they didn't like about ROTS and they reply "I dunno I haven't seen it, just heard it was shite". You really should have watched it before giving such a definite opinion on something.

It's become one of these myths of popular culture that people just reel off because they've heard other people say it, a bit like "Ringo was a shit drummer".

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Well then surely you can understand why people get annoyed when people say "ah the prequels were shit" and you ask what they didn't like about ROTS and they reply "I dunno I haven't seen it, just heard it was shite". You really should have watched it before giving such a definite opinion on something.

It's become one of these myths of popular culture that people just reel off because they've heard other people say it, a bit like "Ringo was a shit drummer".
But when did I say that the prequals were shit? I am assuming they are, but can't be 100% sure, its just that I have little interest in seeing them. Like wise as someone who isn't a Starwars fan surely you can understand why I wouldn't want to watch on having hated TPM.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

If enough people tell me a movie is shit, it makes me want to watch it, just like if too many people tell me a movie is the greatest film ever made, it makes me want to watch it less.

Daredevil, Elektra, & Green Lantern got shit all over, and by the time I sat down to watch them I had heard every complaint about them, and they were still entertaining movies regardless. The Dark Knight Rises got so much praise that when I watched it I couldnt imagine what drugs people were on when they were praising it.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

Sorry Keith, I didn't mean you in particular, I just meant people who say that (who are actually Star Wars fans).

I've still never watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and I probably never will, I loved X-men, X2 and First Class (hated X3), but I've heard enough about Wolverine to put me off seeking it out. I would always say when asked though that the reason is "I've heard it is total shit".

My point is though that it's a bit of a myth that the prequels are all shit. I had a quick look on rotten tomatoes there to get the rating of all 3 films, TPM is 57% rotten, fair enough. AOTC is 67% fresh, again I think that's fair enough. ROTS is 80% fresh. 80% fresh is a great rating for a sci-fi blockbuster. I haven't had time to check this out, but I'd wager that puts it in the top 10 best rated sci-fi blockbusters of the last ten years. There's a massive acknowledged difference in quality between TPM and ROTS, and that's by the critics, who are often the hardest to please.