Star Wars New Trilogy Official Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ozymandias

Reaction score
re: Star War New Trilogy Official Thread

[video=dailymotion;x227q9]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x227q9_spaced-jar-jar_fun[/video]

Spaced nails the Jar Jar debate in this scene :lol:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

If enough people tell me a movie is shit, it makes me want to watch it, just like if too many people tell me a movie is the greatest film ever made, it makes me want to watch it less.

Daredevil, Elektra, & Green Lantern got shit all over, and by the time I sat down to watch them I had heard every complaint about them, and they were still entertaining movies regardless. The Dark Knight Rises got so much praise that when I watched it I couldnt imagine what drugs people were on when they were praising it.

Depends which critics are slagging them off through, if its people whose opinion I respect then of course I am less likely to watch. And you can't watch every film, so since I am not a Star Wars fan to start of with then I am not really going to watch them.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score

Disney hasn't fucked with the marvel movies or comics for that matter therefore I think they will be great with the starwars films but this is coming from someone that never read the novels.

Dod Draper

Reaction score

I've not read any of this thread.

Saying that, I don't know how this can be bad for Star Wars fans. Look at what they've done with Marvel; they've stuck to the freaking stories. They're used geek Joss Wheadon to direct their superhero mecca movie.

I don't understand why Disney would have any interest in raping the legacy of Star Wars. Piss off the hardcore fans for what reason? They're still the ones who support the series. Disney will do all they can to stick to the character of the Star Wars, and for good reason. They're not idiots.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

But when did I say that the prequals were shit? I am assuming they are, but can't be 100% sure

Well no fucking shit.

If all you've seen is TPM, you couldn't possibly be more than 33.3% sure. Why do you even "assume" anything? If you feel the other 2 prequals aren't even worth your time because you don't like Star Wars, how is posting about Star Wars worth your time? Even stranger, why do you keep posting about it even after you admitted that you have no clue what you're talking about? :/

Not trying to pick a fight here, but surely you can see where I'm coming from, although I'm not quite sure what your angle is.

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

The only real reason I heard people disliked 2 and 3 is because of Heyden Christianson(sp) and I honestly thought he did a find job. But come on, to assume a movie is going to be shit because of the first one is just completely stupid.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

I could understand not wanting to see a sequel based on your opinion of the original. I didnt like The Fast & The Furious, and I never watched another one after that.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Well no fucking shit.

If all you've seen is TPM, you couldn't possibly be more than 33.3% sure. Why do you even "assume" anything? If you feel the other 2 prequals aren't even worth your time because you don't like Star Wars, how is posting about Star Wars worth your time? Even stranger, why do you keep posting about it even after you admitted that you have no clue what you're talking about? :/

Not trying to pick a fight here, but surely you can see where I'm coming from, although I'm not quite sure what your angle is.
Actually I have seen four Star Wars films because I saw the original three so I do have a good idea of their like, so to say that I don't have a clue or even that I claimed such is an odd statement.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

I've not read any of this thread.

Saying that, I don't know how this can be bad for Star Wars fans. Look at what they've done with Marvel; they've stuck to the freaking stories. They're used geek Joss Wheadon to direct their superhero mecca movie. I don't understand why Disney would have any interest in raping the legacy of Star Wars. Piss off the hardcore fans for what reason? They're still the ones who support the series. Disney will do all they can to stick to the character of the Star Wars, and for good reason. They're not idiots.

Wheldon is no geek but one of the best storytellers of his era.

Star Wars are pretty much like Disney adventure films for teenagers anyway so I don't see the big deal, besides six is more than enough, we really don't need anymore.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

Star Wars are pretty much like Disney adventure films for teenagers anyway so I don't see the big deal, besides six is more than enough, we really don't need anymore.

Geek isn't a pejorative term these days. Whedon is a self-confessed geek. And that's a good thing.

And how many Star Trek and Bond films have there been? Six is nothing like enough for a subject matter as rich as diverse as Star Wars

Reactions: 1 person

Dod Draper

Reaction score

Geek isn't a pejorative term these days. Whedon is a self-confessed geek. And that's a good thing.

And how many Star Trek and Bond films have there been? Six is nothing like enough for a subject matter as rich as diverse as Star Wars

Exactly what I meant.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton

Anyone worried about Disney ruining Star Wars just has to remember three things; Jar Jar Binks, Ewoks and what Disney has done with the Marvel franchise.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Whedon is overrated as fuck, a sub par JJ Abrahams imo.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Whedon is overrated as fuck, a sub par JJ Abrahams imo.

Abrahams isn't fit to larce Whedon's boots, he'll never come up with anything as unique as Buffy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Ok the last part has to be ironic, rich and diverse and Star Wars don't quite fit in the same sentance lol.