Roode and EY give their notice.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's official, TNA has signed indy talents Cherry Bomb, Pepper Parks, and Mr. M80, along with Sylvester Lefort and Marcus Louis.

cool story

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Erm, well at least they're new, right? I don't know much about any of them tbh. I heard that Cherry Bomb is one of the best female wrestlers on the scene right now, which is excellent, and Pepper Parks is her boyfriend, but he's wrestled in TNA before and while I can't remember much about him, I'm hoping he'll be good. Mr. M80 is a complete unknown to me other than I think he could end up in the X-Division? Anyone seen him wrestle? The two French guys being from NXT are probably decent and TNA needs more tag teams so they could be a good starting point. I hope TNA will sign a few more talents for the next live show (I assume it's in May, I think TNA taped a few weeks until the end of April so it would make sense for TNA to go somewhere else in May and get a big live show out of the way) though. I wonder if Storm will go into the singles division now that Roode is gone as well - I'd like to see Gunner back in TNA as a tag team for Storm until the division is rebuilt and the two can go on for the title. After all, Gunner was quite over at one point (when he almost won the title from Magnus) and speaking of Magnus, they need to bring him back now. I sound like a broken record but get another established tag team in (someone along the lines of Bad Influence) and then get Sandow, Ryder, Maddox etc. as soon as they become available - great young-ish talents who WWE failed to capitalise on, just like EC3, that with good booking in TNA could at the very least make the mid-card title scene great again. Heck, where is Chris Sabin at? They could've kept him as a big X-Division face.

Also, do some sort of Open Fight Night show on Impact where the KOTM title (or rebrand that to something shorter as well, it's kinda stupid) will be defended in the main event.

But yeah, those 5 signings will probably be low risk-high reward - after all, they can't be as shite as Crazzy Steve, and look at how he's doing? :p

Last edited:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
As noted, former TNA World Heavyweight Champions Eric Young and Bobby Roode are no longer with the company after recently requesting their releases.

There has been a lot of speculation and rumors about the two good friends possibly signing with WWE. Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio today that WWE has had contact with both men through an intermediary. Apparently they were more interested in Young than Roode, but that does not mean they wouldn't bring Roode on if everything worked out.

No word yet on if WWE is in talks with the two wrestlers but we will keep you updated.

Has WWE Had Any Contact With Eric Young And Bobby Roode Since Their TNA Departures? - WrestlingInc.com

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
As noted, former TNA World Heavyweight Champions Eric Young and Bobby Roode are no longer with the company after recently requesting their releases.

There has been a lot of speculation and rumors about the two good friends possibly signing with WWE. Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio today that WWE has had contact with both men through an intermediary. Apparently they were more interested in Young than Roode, but that does not mean they wouldn't bring Roode on if everything worked out.

No word yet on if WWE is in talks with the two wrestlers but we will keep you updated.

Has WWE Had Any Contact With Eric Young And Bobby Roode Since Their TNA Departures? - WrestlingInc.com
That's odd. Since the news I have heard is that they have contracted Roode about coming into work as a "playing coach" in NXT.