Roode and EY give their notice.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Former TNA champions Bobby Roode and Eric Young will be finishing their TNA commitments at tonight's Impact Wrestling taping in Orlando, Florida, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

The story making the rounds is that Roode and Young each requested releases from their TNA deals and their working this past week's Impact Wrestling tapings were part of those agreements.

Roode, 39, is currently one half of the TNA Tag Team champions Beer Money, an act that was just resurrected at the onset of the year with the return of James Storm to the company. Roode has been a good soldier for the company, debuting in 2004 as part of the Team Canada group and slowly made his way up the ladder, eventually winning the TNA championship. We are told that Roode is a free agent as of tomorrow.

The current King of the Mountain champion, Young, 36, has been with TNA since 2004 as well. Something of a chameleon for the promotion, Young has filled every role imaginable for the promotion - from paranoid underdog babyface to foreign menace villain to masked super hero to most recently out of his mind evil villain over the course of the 12 years he was with the company. Young was also the host and star of several Animal Planet reality series. Young and the company had been negotiating a new deal but Young made the decision to instead ask for a release to the company. Young is also a free agent as of tomorrow.

While Roode has not publicly commented, Young wrote the following on Twitter earlier today, "Heading to the building and thinking back on the last 12 years....... What a wild ride!!!!"

PWInsider has reached out to TNA and has been told a statement is forthcoming.

PWInsider

Snowman1

Reaction score
Being practical, think both of their ages will work against them. :okay:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Roode to NXT I hope.
Roode to anywhere else except TNA.

He has given too much to TNA with little or nothing in-return. They wasted him just like they did with AJ Styles. He spent 10 years with them and got two world titles and was stuck in the mid-card. The worst part was that he was the only one who drew any money in the last 1-2 years. Same with Eric Young. They squashed his underdog push as champion. Granted it led to the best monster heel push of the last 10 years, but Eric was the after thought. Glad-fully they left the place known for rewarding their biggest and most loyal stars with big fuck you and a kick to balls to show their appreciation.

Being practical, think both of their ages will work against them. :okay:
AJ Styles got signed and he's only 6 months younger. Same with Austin Aries and Samoa Joe, they're only a year younger. Also, Eric Young and Nakamura are the same age, so I don't see anything holding them back.

Snowman1

Reaction score
My mistake, I seem to remember a story about some guys not getting signed due to their ages a while back.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
My mistake, I seem to remember a story about some guys not getting signed due to their ages a while back.
I heard that too. It was about them wanting a certain age for the try-outs. I just think they didn't want Joey Ryan's 1000th attempt at the try-out. So they added an age-limit. No one over 30, if I remember correctly.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Somehow I seem to remember it was Hernandez... I can only wonder why they wouldn't want to sign him.
Boggle my mind, too.

He has the look and athleticism and is a major hit with the hispanic audience. He would be the perfect hispanic gate-keeper. But I don't think WWE believes their hispanic face of the company should be someone that looks like they can beat anyones ass. They probably want someone small so they can run copies of Guerrero's or Mysterio's underdog story (i.e Kalisto vs. Ryback)

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
OhimW.gif

Snowman1

Reaction score
Also EY could definitely be a sleeper for NXT.
We can easily say all the bullshit this guy has gone through is undone over there, right?
The one time a year the guy just wrestles with no bullshit he's actually really good

I just complimented Eric Young, go check the Book of Revelations

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Seriously GLAD WWE never went Hernandez, do you kids remember him and Chavo in TNA when everything else was still great there. Dude has the Vince look and does a couple cool spots, but that is it. That's all.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Also EY could definitely be a sleeper for NXT.
We can easily say all the bullshit this guy has gone through is undone over there, right?
The one time a year the guy just wrestles with no bullshit he's actually really good

I just complimented Eric Young, go check the Book of Revelations
EY in NXT could be okay, never call him up.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Seriously GLAD WWE never went Hernandez, do you kids remember him and Chavo in TNA when everything else was still great there. Dude has the Vince look and does a couple cool spots, but that is it. That's all.

Yep, I remember the LD's where everyone complained about them being tag champs, and the reaction to Morgan/Crimson taking it from them.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
When Morgan was in WWE, what went wrong? I wasn't watching and thought the only thing that sucked about him in TNA was how shitty they ran him.