Roode and EY give their notice.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He must have been hell backstage? I really don't see what dude was missing. @Dolph'sZiggler any input bro? I think it was you or Seab that marked for him too.
I always thought he should be World Champ in TNA, but not sure I "marked" for him. Great look, decent charisma and great movement for a man his size. His issue was he never worked as big as he looked. Still, he should have accomplished a lot more in TNA.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Marked for Crimson quite a bit. I know he had a tryout a couple months ago, wish things would've worked out.

I need to see Triple H vs Roode before I die btw.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He's probably the most likely to stay out of the lot also, apparently he turned down a deal for a Mania match with Taker.
Abyss On Why He Didn't Sign With WWE In 2006, Plans For A Feud With The Undertaker, More - WrestlingInc.com

He must have been hell backstage? I really don't see what dude was missing. @Dolph'sZiggler any input bro? I think it was you or Seab that marked for him too.
I did actually mark for him in TNA, there was no reason not to push him.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
He's probably the most likely to stay out of the lot also, apparently he turned down a deal for a Mania match with Taker.
Abyss On Why He Didn't Sign With WWE In 2006, Plans For A Feud With The Undertaker, More - WrestlingInc.com

Yeah, heard about that - although I'm not sure what you're saying. My post was just asking if Abyss was a TNA original :p

I heard that TNA only now have 25 male wrestlers and 8 female 'Knockouts'. Not bad, but like half of them are losers like Aiden O'Shea. I also think that TNA could utilise their secondary singles belts a bit more, have the holder defend it more often on Impact as the main event to put over the holder (as a Cena-esque "I'll fight someone every week, I'm the best and well, whoever beats me will have proven that they are the best"), something Roode can have done very well (although now, a face Cowboy James Storm would be amazing), they can put guys like Robbie E and Shera in the Tag Team division to make up more teams and well, keep hiring more people. If they got 5 more wrestlers signed up, like Bob Ryder said, that's even better, but I'd also like to see some more talents return like I've previously said. It's much easier to get people over when a known wrestler like Magnus puts them over, rather than having to have them fight some losers and hope your planned feud with one of the remaining stars (Hardys, EC3, Wolves, Storm, Galloway and Lashley, although most of them shouldn't be losing to new guys unless they're stars, but that defeats most of the purpose) goes over with the fans very well - then Magnus can also be put back in the main event scene, he's what? Like 30, a former World Champion and one of the guys in 2012 that most people would've called 'a future star'?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I heard that TNA only now have 25 male wrestlers and 8 female 'Knockouts'. Not bad, but like half of them are losers like Aiden O'Shea.
The only reason Aiden O'Shea is a loser is because TNA is booking him as one. Jay Bradley is a hell of a solid talent overall and doesn't deserve to be saddled with that shit gimmick.

Reactions: CFCrusader

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
They did sign La Legionnaires from NXT. Why lol

Bring in all the girls you want, TNA needs all they can get

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Now y'all know with WWE I'm overly cynical, but it's a shame Bobby Roooooooooooooode isn't on the main roster right now. Thing is though, with his wrestling style, I can't help but feel like he's main event or nothing. Dude's got a killer character that's tailor made for that, and delivers nice psychological main events... But could underwhelm in 9:45 random matches on Raw. (Or the Dirty Heels on NXT? Maybe?... Nah.)

WWE needs exactly that right now, right? It's likely this or another League of Lunesta push.

Always annoyed by the "This guy's main roster ready NOW" from the crew of wrestling fans who love NXT and hate Raw, but this time it fits.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'd mark just as hard for a Roode entrance in a match at WM to start a feud immediately more than I did Styles, honestly.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Can see it now, Corbin losing to Aries at Takeover and just snaps on him. He's beating him up and a generic rock theme kicks on, and Roode comes running down to save him to a huge pop. Boom, Dirty Heels with a cliche new name are in NXT.

Would like to see them not be treated as another standard tag team, but like DX. Two friends cutting up, kicking ass separately, and doing the occasional tag match. Ride it out well into the main roster until one turns, we get Aries vs Roode all over again.
giphy.gif

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Nothing confirmed, but the common opinion within the industry is that Roode is showing up in WWE. Probably some time this summer depending on if there's a no compete clause in his TNA contract and how long it is.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ha, it was because Roode and EY were denied a raise. Probably because Dixie Carter didn't wanna cut her personal spending lol

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The only reason Aiden O'Shea is a loser is because TNA is booking him as one. Jay Bradley is a hell of a solid talent overall and doesn't deserve to be saddled with that shit gimmick.
Hmm, I never really saw too much potential in Jay Bradley tbh (well, I did think he could've been apart of A&8s, Brisco and that other guy who were with Angle were the drizzling shits) but I agree, he does have a shit gimmick. It's a shame to see how great guys like EC3 and Spud look, how underused Mandrews and most of the X-Division have been (like, it's improved but Mandrews is clearly that good) and how shit guys like O'Shea look... I'd like to see Bradley in the tag division tbh.

Also, Bobby Roode leaves TNA Wrestling

Roode's a true professional and a legend. Can't wait until he joins the HoF and I hope he returns one day.

WWE probably have like 2 healthy guys for their Battle Royal, right? ROODE PLS. Okay, more realistic is him reuniting with Aries - I can dig(gle) that.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
- Eric Young will be making his first wrestling appearance since receiving his TNA release this past weekend at United Professional Wrestling Association's Meltdown 2016 this Saturday night at the National Guard Armory in Wilmington, NC. He will be challenging former WCW star The Stro for the UPWA Championship. Also appearing will be Velvet Jones, The Gorilla Squad, Cruiserweight Champion Mo Hill, LA Tank, Sinister and others. Doors open at 7pm, bell time is 7:30. Tickets are only $15 in advance and $20 at the door. For more information, go to theupwa.com

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Who the hell was The Stro? And I assume Sinister is a ripoff of the movie?