ROH - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The January 16th episode was average.

We've got some storyline progression with the opening two matches (The Addiction vs Shelley & ACH, and Chicken vs Page), but the in-ring part sort of lacked and the crowd wasn't fully invested. The ME was the true highlight of the show, though. If you're looking to cherry-pick from this show, just watch The Bucks vs reDRagon vs The Kingdom in a Philly Street Fight and skip everything else.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Decent stuff from the January 23rd episode.

Fury vs Ali was a decent show opener, Lethal/Cole/O'Reilly was a good segment, Cedric/Gresham program is a'ight and the ME, Jay Briscoe vs Moose vs Elgin was solid.

Looking forward to Roddy/Masada and Cole/Lethal vs reDRagon this week.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The January 30th episode was good overall. It was an easy hour to watch, as the build towards the 14th Anniversary Show continues.

- Roddy vs Masada was a solid show opener. Masada was an odd choice to bring in, since he's known for death matches stuff, but this worked out well. Masada was put over as someone who can wrestle, despite loving the death matches style, and he actually got the better of Roddy with his grappling early on. I also have to mention Masada hit a siiiick Belly-to-Back Suplex at one point when he was making a comeback, but ultimately Roddy would finish him off with a Jumping Knee. Post-match, Bobby Fish came out to hype a rematch with Roddy.

- Punisher Martinez vs Colby Corino was okay. It was a bit sloppy, but Martinez looked like a beast with his offense and Colby showed some fire. Man, taking that apron Powerbomb had to suck for Colby. It looked painful. They got back in the ring and Sit-out Chokeslam did the job. Martinez advances. Post-match, BJ Whitmer checked on Colby and got the mic. He told Colby he did well, but then told Corino Mr. Wrestling III to take off his mask. BJ knocked Mr. Wrestling III for abandoning his son Colby and his mom for a new family. BJ gave Corino a chance to unmask or fate will decide his actions and then proceeded to hit 4 Exploder Suplexes on Colby. BJ then laid Colby by the announcers and went face to face with Mr. Wrestling III, saying that everything he ever said about him was a fact. This was a good angle to advance the story between Corino and BJ Whitmer, even though I'm not a fan of the story. But, at least they're doing it well.

- reDRagon vs Adam Cole & Jay Lethal was a good ME. They did a good job at teasing the ROH 14th Anniversary Show main event and delivered a fun match overall. We got some really strong action down the homestretch, with guys unloading on each other, especially Cole and O'Reilly. Lethal accidentally hit Cole with a Lethal Injection, which led to him and Cole losing, as O'Reilly pinned Cole after Chasing The Dragon.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The February 6th episode was meh and boring. It just felt lifeless.

I mean, they did some stuff to advance storylines, as well as set up matches for the 14th Anniversary Show, but none of it clicked.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The February 13th episode was much better than last week's lifeless show.

The opener (Kincaid vs Rush) and the ME (The Young Bucks vs ACH & Sydal) were good, everything else in between was decent.

Overall, it was a watchable hour of wrestling.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The go-home show for the 14th Anniversary PPV was only just okay... Nothing to write home about.

The new production upgrades are good, though.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
February 27th episode was good.

Silas Young & BCB vs The Boys was a solid show opener, Fury vs Ortiz was okay for what it was (that fucking dive over the tope rope by Ortiz was impressive, though), Rush vs Martinez was solid and Adam Cole vs Matt Sydal was a darn good ME.

All in all, an enjoyable hour of ROH TV.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
lol @ fake Dalton Castle chants.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ehh, the March 5th episode was totally skip-worthy.

The Top Prospect Tournament Finals (Lio Rush vs Brian Fury) is the only thing worth checking out. It was a solid match and Lio won.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The March 12th episode was much better than last week's poor effort. The tag team gauntlet was good.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The March 19th episode was solid.

- BJ Whitmer was originally scheduled to face Ishii, but Veda and Alexander came out and offered to buy BJ's title shot. BJ accepted. Thank you, BJ. My interest for the match has just gone from 'meh' to 'yeah!'

- Ishii vs Alexander was a rock solid show opener. Wow, this match ended up being much more competitive than I had imagined it would be. Ishii snapping at Kevin Kelly and shoving the title at CA's face post-match was cool. Now, they need to figure out what to do with CA/Veda next.

- The Addiction/MCMG segment was kinda meh, it did nothing for me. Although I look forward to their match.

- Truth Martini and Lethal cut a promo on Goto to hype next week's ROH World title match.

- Dem Boys vs Reno Scum was decent.

- Dalton Castle cuts a promo on Silas Young. In three weeks' time, he and Silas will square off in a Fight Without Honor to FINALLY end their feud. It was about time!

- Tanahashi & Elgin vs The Young Bucks was a good ME.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The April 2nd episode was good. The show just flew by, which is always a good thing!

- Lethal's promo on Dijak was good.

- reDRagon vs Okada & Gedo was a good show opener.

- Dem Boys cut a promo on War Machine.

- Adam Cole vs KUSHIDA was very good.

- Dalton Castle cut a promo and promised to get weird in next week's Fight Without Honor against Silas Young.

- The Motor City Machine Guns vs The Addiction was a good ME. Post-match, we got a massive brawl with The Young Bucks/MCMG/The Addiction/Sydal & KUSHIDA.

The April 9th episode was good. It was an enjoyable hour of ROH TV.

- War Machine vs RPG Vice was a good show opener.

- Donovan Dijak w/ Prince Nana and Lethal segment was fine.

- Dalton Castle cut a good promo on Silas Young. He said he's fighting tonight to HURT him.

- Kenny Omega vs ACH was a damn good match. LOL'd so hard when ACH backflipped and landed on the floor, ate a Superkick from Nick and then Nick made it look like he slipped on a banana peel! :booker2:

- Adam Cole's promo on Matt Taven was good.

- Dalton Castle vs Silas Young was a good ME. Yes, the feud's FINALLY over!

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Lethal has held the title for a year. He's been a champion for 800+ days overall.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Lethal is awesome. He's been a great champion.

Man, I haven't watched ROH TV in quite a while. I guess I've just lost interest since they started re-airing matches from Honor Rising a while back, as well as stuff from WOTW.

And the whole Bullet Club invasion did nothing for me, so I was just like 'Eh, fuck this.'

Hopefully my interest in ROH TV is restored after BITW.