• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'm stickying this thread for now. With ROH TV only being one hour making discussion threads for every singular ep seems redundant. As long as this thread stays decently active we can use it as the go to discussion thread and LD if needed for ROH TV.

This weeks episode was good. Some have said that the DA debut episode needed more "oompf" but I felt it made up for a "weak" undercard with a lot of storyline build throughout the episode. You got to see a lot of the Briscoes, the HOT were prominent, the ACH/Page feud and the Whitmer is a dick story got some focus as well as the continued rise of Moose. They even had a backstage segment that wasn't just a promo. Don't think I've seen that in ROH before.

Best singles match of the night was Ferrara vs Kushida with Young vs Watanabe trailing. I'd personally call the Whitmer/Moose/Corino thing more of a segment than a match. And the tag main event was decent and the storyline push in it helped it as well.

Good enough a debut on National TV.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Also enjoyed this. Didn't set the world on fire and starting with the New Japan joint shows is not a great idea imo, but it was fun to watch. I think it did a better job as an introductory episode than I expected (although I would've enjoyed some 20-second clips or something talking about who the Briscoes, HoT, Moose, Decade and etc were), they recapped some stuff, it was cool. Now they just need to buy some lights and we're set.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ring Of Honor TV Report (6/6):

- Christopher Daniels and Kazarian come out and say Bobby Fish got attacked in the parking lot and the main event might not happen. They say the contract is to fight Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly, not O'Reilly and a replacement. This brings Kyle out, and the match starts

ROH Tag Team Championships
Addiction (c) vs. Kyle O'Reilly

O'Reilly gets the advantage on both guys, but Kaz and Daniels double team him and control the match. O'Reilly threatens periodically, but Addiction cut him off and end his glimmer of hope. O'Reilly does a cool spot on the outside where Addiction is on a chair and he hits a big knee on both of them. Back inside, O'Reilly gets an armbar on Kaz and Daniels hits him with the belt.

Winner: Kyle O'Reilly via DQ

Addiction attacks after the match, but Matt Sydal and ACH make the save.

- We get a promo from Mark Briscoe, where he talks about his match at Best in the World against Donovan Dijak.

Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Dalton Castle (w/ His boys)

Castle and Liger both get awesome reactions, and this whole situation is a pretty cool scene. Castle controls thing early and hits a huracanrana to the outside of the ring. He flaunts around with his boys as we go to a commercial break.

When we come back, Liger hits a big dive outside to take control and beats down Castle a little bit. Liger then poses with Castle's boys, which really makes Castle mad. The crowd is going crazy for this whole situation.

Castle attacks Liger with body presses for a two count, and then both guys are down after a double clothesline. Liger gets up and lands a huracanrana for a nearfall, but Castle gets his knees up on a splash attempt. Castle answers with an inverted airplane spin, but Liger hits the Liger Bomb and brainbuster for the win.

Winner: Jushin Thunder Liger via pinfall (brainbuster)

Castle showed a lot of respect to Liger after the match. This was all really cool to see. Backstage Liger wishes Cheeseburger good luck. They slap each other and hug.

Cheese Burger vs. Brutal Bob Evans

These two brawl outside quickly as this rivalry has gotten pretty emotional. Cheeseburger ends up moving out of the way of a charging Evans, who hits the guard rail. This sets up Cheeseburger for a nice senton off of the rail.

The two go back and forth with big smacks, but Evans hits a big shoulder block. Instead of taking the pin, Evans ends up pulling Cheeseburger. Evans slams Cheeseburger through a table by the ring and the ref calls the match.

Result: No contest

- Jay Lethal is backstage talking about next week's contract signing. We also get a new episode of Inside ROH. ReDRagon will get their tag title rematch at Best in the World.

Kingdom (w/ Maria) vs. Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows)

Kingdom comes out with the IWGP Tag Team Championships, which is always cool to see on an ROH show. Karl Anderson is really in to Maria, which has been the story line of late. He chases her and both teams end up brawling. This ends in Gallows hitting a powerbomb on Bennett to the apron as we go to a commercial.

We come back to see the Bullet Club working over Bennett, and Red Shoes doesn't give a damn about their double teaming. Taven sees this and hits a splash, followed by a dropkick. All hell breaks loose, and the ref really doesn't care. Kingdom is in control.

Taven hits a superkick as Bennett spears Anderson, then Taven flips to the outside. This match is all over the place, and the ref calls the match.

Result: No contest

Bullet Club looks like they're going to hit Kingdom with chairs, but Maria distracts them. Kingdom fights them off briefly, but Taven gets tossed into a bunch of chairs to end the show.

So, some of the matches here are from Global Wars Night 2, which I haven't watched in its entirety, so this'll be cool to see, I guess.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The 6/6/15 episode was aight.

- The Addiction vs Sleazy Kyle ended exactly how I thought it would and plus, it further cements the feud 'tween The Addiction and reDRagon. Looking forward to their match at BITW!

- Mark Briscoe vs Donovan Dijak at BITW? Nice!

- Liger vs Castle was entertaining.

- Brutal Bob vs Cheeseburger was okay for what it was. While this feud isn't my cup of tea, it's kinda nice they remembered it still existed.

- The Kingdom vs Bullet Club was aight. Highlight of the match was Karl doing a mid-air Gun Stun on Taven.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
ROH on DA drew a combined total of 299K viewers this week. Up from last weeks 273K. Then add on the Sinclair and NESN numbers and we end up somewhere in the 700-800K range. Another good week for ROH TV

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The 6/13/15 ep was enjoyable.

- War Machine vs The Decade. The match itself wasn't anything special, but it was just good storytelling.

- Cedric vs Moose was solid. The undefeated streak is over and CA is the one to do it? That's so interesting, although the win wasn't clean, hell, the streak's over. Might be a sign Moose could be eating a pin (to Roddy, hopefully) this Friday. [HASHTAG]#RoddyFTW[/HASHTAG]

- Adam Cole's promo was nice.

- Tana & Naito vs Sydal & ACH was a good, fun match.

- Liked the final segment.
Briscoe vs Lethal. June 19th. Best in the World. Title vs Title. GET HYPE

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The 6/20/15 episode was remarkable!

- Nakamura vs Roddy was awesome.

- Elgin vs Gedo was solid.

- Bullet Club vs CHAOS was a fun-tastic ME, I loved every bit of it!

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Roddy looked really good, especially given Nakamura made sure to kick out VERY late out of all his near falls. That was a great match.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The 7/4 ep was decent.

- Dalton Castle vs Watanabe was a decent show opener.

- The House of Truth/Nigel/Roddy segment was okay.

- reDRagon & Elgin vs The Kingdom was good. Yeah, baybay! Cole's leaving The Kingdom!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
ROH's 199th episode was good. They did a good job of hyping Death Before Dishonor.

- Matt Sydal vs Adam Page was a decent show opener. Sydal won w/ Shooting Star Press.
Post-match BJ attacks MS from behind, ACH comes in to make the save but fails.
Colby then throws a bunch of chairs in the ring, Page hits the Rite of Passage on Sydal, as ACH was forced to look due to being locked in a sleeper hold by BJ.
I've been diggin' this storyline thus far and I'm looking forward to ACH vs Page at DBD.

- Veda Scott is out and cuts a promo.
She said Moose's failed to be a successful football player and he's also tried to be a successful wrestler till CA put a little wrench in that plan.
This was a nice way of hyping Moose vs CA for DBD.

- Will Ferrara vs Silas Young was decent. WF scores the upset victory when Dalton Castle's 'Boys' came to the ring and provided a distraction.
Post-match The Last Real Man gets even more angry and lays them both out.

- Jay Lethal vs Mark Briscoe (with TV title on the line) was a good ME.
Post-match a brawl breaks out. The House of Truth and Dem Boys go at it, Roddy gets up from the announcers desk and makes the save.
After that, Roddy and ODB cut a promo and hyped an 8 person tag match for next week's 200th episode!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
ROH's 200th episode was basically a one match show. I was expecting more. But, oh well.

- The show kicks off with the clip of The Addiction winning the tag gold from reDRagon with the help of Sabin. Then, a 4 Corner Survival Tag Team Championship match is hyped for DBD.

- The clips of Donovan Dijak beating Will Ferrara and winning the Top Prospect tourney are shown, as well as ACH & Sydal vs reDRagon and AJ vs Hanson.

- Stokely Hathaway is backstage and cuts a promo about Moose, saying he's the next ROH World champion and that Veda and Cedric can't stop 'em.

- Adam Page cuts a nice promo and says ACH has done nothing to earn a rematch, since he's beaten ACH three times in the middle of the ring.
Page also says that live on iPPV at Death Before Dishonor that is the end of the lie that is Attitude. Charisma. Heart.

- Jay Lethal cuts a promo and says his plan is to be the ROH Undisputed champion for a very, very long time.

- Bennett vs Storm back from 2012 is shown.

- Roddy, Dem Boys & ODB vs House of Truth was OK.

This right here was highlight of the night for me. :lol1:
tumblr_nrpkoyjSyx1r89qoso1_500.png

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week on ROH:

- The Kingdom defeated/squashed some jabronis. zzzzzzzzzzzz

- The 6-way match was decent. Moose won by hitting a Spear on Brutal Bob.

- BJ is out for a promo and talks about Colby's progress and says he's booked him in a gauntlet match.
Steve then leaves the announcers table and gets in BJ's face, but then Nigel separated them.
Meh, I can live without this feud.

- Bobby Fish vs ACH was a solid ME.

All in all, it was OK for what it was, but it felt random.
I mean, this was taped like a month or so ago when The Kingdom were still IWGP tag champs, FFS.

This ep could've been a part of last week's 200th ep, considering last week was a one match show.
Although I would've been fine with 'em not airing this one at all.