ROH - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was fine, but also skip-worthy.

Highlight of the night was Silas Young teaching The Boys how to be men. This is what I wanted from the get-go... Vignettes where Silas is teaching The Boys how to be men, in this case, he made 'em change the tire on his car.

War Machine vs Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser was decent.

#ThankYouCorino

LMAO, what was that Elgin vs Kevin Lee Davidson match?! You can tell it was all of the drizzling shits, that piss-poor 9 second edit proved it.

The Kingdom vs The Addiction was a solid ME. Too much shenanigans ruined this match for me. Oh, well.
Hope the Kingdom drop the titles at Final Battle.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
THIS WEEK ON ROH TV:

- Moose squashed some jabroni in 5 seconds, similar to what was done with Elgin last week. This led to Stokely cutting a promo and claiming that Moose will be the next ROH World champion! That brought out #BigMike, who said Moose could take the mic and speak for himself. Elgin said he doesn't back down, while Moose said they could do this right now. This was obviously a tease for a future #1 contender's match. Anyway, the House of Truth came out, and Truth Martini said that Elgin and Moose are not on the same level as Jay Lethal. Elgin followed it up with the only action that would happen tonight is when he takes his side piece (Taeler Hendrix) and checks into a hotel with her. Who wouldn't, eh? That led to a tag match, which started right away...

- Moose & Elgin vs Dijak & Diesel was decent. Elgin and Moose won when Elgin hit a Buckle Bomb on Diesel, and Moose (who tagged himself in previously) hit the Spear and that was it. They had a big stare down post-match.

- We got a great Roderick Strong video package.

- The Decade was in the ring for promo time. Oh, joy! BJ ran down Corino, then Nigel came to the ring and said since Corino can't make it to Final Battle, neither will The Decade. Thank you, Nigel! That almost brought a tear to my eye.

- Roderick Strong vs Jay Lethal was a very good ME and the Lethal/Strong chapter is finally over... Because we have a NEW ROH World TV champion!
I'm happy Roddy was the one to dethrone Lethal.

Anyways, a good show this week.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode was good, they did a lot to build to Final Battle. Highlights of the episode were Cole's promo and that AJ/Lethal segment. Hope AJ can make it to Final Battle.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Alrighty, actually did catch this week's episode in large part thanks to Shadow's recommendation, and while not watching many episodes of ROH, maybe this is the way to go. After all, if you watch a Takeover special with no context, it's not as great as if you watch all these characters go through, little by little, on the TV show.

It was a perfectly fine show with a chaotic main event, and now I see why Adam Cole is so beloved among wrestling fans. Damn, son.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
THIS WEEK ON ROH TV:

- reDRagon vs Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser was a solid show opener.
The reDRagon won and kept their momentum heading into Final Battle, by hitting Chasing The Dragon on Beer City Bruiser.
Post-match, Silas forced The Boys to attack the ref, which they did (with a DDT) and they shook hands afterwards. That brought out Dalton Castle who said Silas had something that belonged with him. The BCB, dazed and all, got in the ring and tried to attack Castle, but instead got hit with a mic. The Boys then teased returning to Castle, but chose to still stick with Silas.

- Chris Sabin was in the ring for some promo time and went on to rant about the mystery man stealing the KRD gimmick and costing The Addiction their ROH Tag Team titles. Sabin called out the mystery man to come face him and so he did. The man behind the red mask is... ALEX SHELLEY! It was a short segment, highlighted Shelley's return and set up a future match.
Now, this is really interesting. Since ACH, Sydal and Shelley are booked to face Daniels, Kaz and Sabin at Final Battle, it has me wondering if Shelley and Sabin will remain on the opposite sides of the fence or if they'll be reunited to further strengthen the ROH tag division.

- Roderick Strong vs Samson Walker was okay given the time constraint.
Bobby Fish was heeling it up on commentary, as Roddy was trying to put away this big dude. Ultimately, a Sick Kick did the job.
Post-match, Fish came to ring wearing the TV title around his waist, but Roddy got the title back and then they jaw-jacked to add some heat to their match at Final Battle.

- Mandy Leon is back for Inside ROH and she talked about Survival of the Fittest.

- The Young Bucks vs Dem Boys was a good, fun ME. I enjoyed it. The Young Bucks won with More Bang For Your Buck.
Post-match, The Bucks, The ANX and Dem Boys got into a brawl to hype their triple-threat match at Final Battle, which will determine the next #1 contenders for the ROH Tag Team titles.

Overall, this was a pretty darn good episode!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Average go-home show for Final Battle, I thought. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly great either.

I'm positive the PPV will deliver, though!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's a big event, so my guess is it'll be up fairly quickly, by Sunday, I reckon. I'll let you know.
Hey, thanks! Figured Final Battle will get uploaded quickly, pretty pumped for that show!

Meant more of the weekly show, though. Been checking on Wednesday but it's usually not up then, seems to just pop up on random days lol

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Hey, thanks! Figured Final Battle will get uploaded quickly, pretty pumped for that show!

Meant more of the weekly show, though. Been checking on Wednesday but it's usually not up then, seems to just pop up on random days lol

Oh, sorry. Thought that post was implying when would FB get uploaded...

Well... Try torrents.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
A fine episode this week.

The opener could've indicated that in 2016 we'll see the return of the Embassy. We've seen Prince Nana give the envelope to Coleman, Ferrara and Dijak so far.

LOL'd at Lethal getting mad for drawing Cheeseburger as his partner instead of Moose.

Christmas Surprise 10-Man Tag Match was a fun ME.
Team Strong (Roddy, Cedric, Mark Briscoe, Moose & Matt Jackson) defeated Team Lethal (Lethal, Jay Briscoe, Adam Page, Cliff Compton & Cheeseburger)

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
So, the 1/2/16 episode was solid and easy to watch.

Roddy vs Stevie, CC vs Willie, CA vs Gresham and Elgin vs Dijak were all pretty solid matches and the ME did an a'ight job of selling the Lethal/Elgin match for WK 10.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The January 9th episode of ROH TV was not a must-see, but it was a solid one.

The ANX vs RPG Vice, War Machine vs HoT and the ME (Castle vs Jay Briscoe vs Sydal vs Moose) were all solid matches.

Dijak being fired from the HoT and possibly joining Nana is good, and the triple-threat for this week's ME (Bucks/reDRagon/Kingdom) was nicely done.