ROH DVD Discussion/Ratings/Rankings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Why not...

2.Round Robin Challenge I
(Results from ROHwrestling.com)
1. Christopher Daniels defeated American Dragon to go up 1-0 in the Round Robin Challenge
2. Da Hit Squad defeated The Towel Boy & Prince Nana
3. Joey Matthews & Christian York defeated CW Anderson & Elax
4. Xavier defeated James Maritato
5. The Natural Born Sinners defeated The Boogie Knights
6. Low Ki defeated Christopher Daniels to go up 1-0 in the Round Robin Challenge and drop Daniels to 1-1
7. Chris Marvel and Paul London fought to a draw when Marvel broke his ankle in a horrible accident
8. Spanky defeated Jay Briscoe in a fast paced matchup
9. The SAT defeated Amazing Red & Brian XL and Divine Storm when Joel rolled up Red
10. American Dragon defeated Low Ki in the final match of the Round Robin Challenge. Daniels, Dragon and Low Ki ended the first Round Robin Challenge tied at one win and one loss apiece.

-I thought this was a better show than Era of Honor Begins. The whole Round Robin matchups was a great concept, and all three matches were good in a different way. Dragon vs Low Ki was a very stiff match, the best match hands down out of all 3. Ken Shamrock being the ref put over how "real" ROH wanted to create an image of. The Chris Marvel accident was really bad, but I think it's what helped propel Paul London to a big spot. Spanky vs Jay was good, they really wanted to start Jay's feud with Mark every show. They just had to wait until they were in a legal state. SAT vs Red & XL was very fast paced, it was a match that would make the ROHbots complain because it was "too spotty". I'm a fan of the fast paced/less "wrestling" style, I'm shocked why the SAT aren't as popular as they were back then. The rest of the matches were decent, but nothing really stood out in my mind from the matches other than I discussed before.

---Don't Have Night of Appreciation---

4. Road to the Title

Road to the Title- Philadelphia, PA 6/22/02
1. American Dragon defeated Biohazard to advance to the finals of his block
2. Spanky defeated Paul London to move on to the tournament semi-finals
3. Doug Williams defeated Jay Briscoe to continue on to face American Dragon later in the show
4. Jody Fleisch defeated Jonny Storm to advance to take on Spanky for the right to fight for the ROH World Title
5. Low Ki defeated Prince Nana to move on
6. Amazing Red defeated Xavier to advance to take on Low Ki
7. Christopher Daniels defeated Scoot Andrews to continue to his block's finals. After the match, he challenged anyone to a match against Simply Luscious, and the debuting Sumie Sakai accepted the challenge.
8. Sumie Sakai defeated Simply Luscious
9. AJ Styles defeated Jerry Lynn to move on to square off with Christopher Daniels
10. Spanky defeated Jody Fleisch to win a spot in next month's Four Way Iron Man Match for the ROH World Title
11. Doug Williams defeated American Dragon to gain a shot at the ROH World Title
12. Low Ki defeated Amazing Red to advance to next month's Iron Man Match
13. Christopher Daniels defeated AJ Styles to become the final man to challenge for the ROH World Title

-This was the best out of the first 5 shows in my opinion. The matches had meaning and flowed well, something that wasn't there on the other shows. The matches in the tournament got better as the show progressed, even though most of the matches were pretty predictable. Doug Williams qualifying was a little bit odd, with him beating American Dragon to get in. If you watched the past shows, you could almost bank on Dragon to be in the match. It was good to see Styles and Lynn wrestle in pretty good matches, the announcers really promoted NWA-TNA as a good fed. The only non-tourney match was Luscious vs Sakai, which I skipped. It actually made sense in my mind, with someone trying to take the Prophecy's female out. My favorite matches out of the show were Daniels vs AJ and Ki vs Red.

---Next - Night of Champions and Honor Invades Boston (If I get it by tomorrow or Thursday)

Beer Money Army

don't get Honor invades Boston.. (worst roh show i seen)

just d/load aj/low and mark/jay matches...

there about 2-3 3 star others matches, but the 9 others are crap

MC Rae

Reaction score
Just watched BloodStained Honor (I see Montana's reviewed it already). I'm not usually a fan of compilation DVD's and the likes but I didn't complain when I recieved this from my brother for my birthday! The matches looked pretty damn good. Haha.

Samoa Joe vs. Jay Briscoe - ***

Second City Saints vs. The Prophecy - ****1/2 (WOW)

CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave - ***

Steel Cage Warfare - ****

Homicide vs. Colt Cobana - ***1/2

Team ROH vs. Team CZW - ****

Jimmy Jacobs vs. Colt Cobana - ****

Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Briscoes - ***1/2

A really good DVD overall. If you like hardcore wrestling this should be a good purchase for you, it shows how ROH can do amazing hardcore matches.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Do Or Die II

Mellow vs. Jerrelle Clark- Great opener. Both men wrestled a good match. **1/2

Jared Steel and Todd Sexton vs. The Soultion- *3/4

Rainman vs. Caprice Coleman- Coleman was great, but Rainman botched some stuff. The ending sucked. *1/2

Allison Danger vs. April Hunter- Squash. *

Jimmy Jacobs vs. Brad Bradley- Good big man vs. little man match. **1/2

Roderick Strong vs. Hydro- These two put on a really good match. ***

Austin Aries vs. Danny Daniels- The match felt like it could go either way. ***1/2

Super Dragon vs. Excalibur- Technical wrestling for the first couple of minutes. This match was the best match on the DVD. ***3/4

Outcast Killaz vs. Caprice Coleman and Rainman vs. Don Juan and Fast Eddie vs. Dunn and Marcos- Spotfest near the end. ***1/2

Do or Die III

Outcast Killaz vs. Mike Foxx and Gabe Roach- Squash. *1/4

Dazzie Haze vs. Allison Danger- Okay womens match, could have been a lot better. *1/2

Angel Dust vs. Tony Kozina- **

Dunn and Marcos vs. Don Juan and Jared Steel- *3/4

Rainman vs. Shawn Daivari- Slow moving match. *

Colt Cabana vs. Christopher Street Connection- Comedy match, good for what it was. *1/2

Colt Cabana vs. Caprice Coleman- **

Matt Sydal vs. Delirious- Just like their many encounters this match is great. ***3/4

Joshua Masters vs. Brian Gamble- *

Josh Daniels vs. B-Boy- Didn't feel like a main event. **

DVD length- 2:56:13

This is an okay DVD, but it if it's on sale for $5.

Beer Money Army

this Is My 2002 ROH Shows ratings.. in the near future(pby end of this year) I'm going Post MY NWA/WCW/WWE/ECW/TNA/ROH/WWA PPV/Show Reviews ratings..

sorry bout the results, but i cbf fixing....

ERA of Honor Begins 2002 45%
1. TAG MATCH: Da Hit Squad VS Christopher Street Connection w/Allison Danger.. 1/10
2. MATCH: The Amazing Red Vs Jay Briscoe w/Mark Briscoe.. 4/10
3. MATCH: Xavier Vs "The Black Nature Boy" Scoot Andrews.. 5/10
4. TAG MATCH: The Boogie Knights (Drake & Tobin) Vs The Natural Born Sinnerz (Homicide/Boogaloo) by DQ.. 5/10
5. ELIMINATION 6-WAY: Quiet Storm Vs Red, Jose Maximo, Joel Maximo, Brian XL, Chris Devine (Mikey Whipwreck as referee).. 6/10
6. MATCH: Prince Nana defeated "Towel Boy" Eric Tuttle.. 0/10
7. TAG MATCH: Spanky & Ikaika Loa defeated Oz & Michael Shane (Spanky wins an ROH Contract).. 5/10
8. MATCH: Super Crazy defeated Eddie Guerrero to become first IWA Intercontinental champion.. 6/10
9. THREE-WAY MATCH: Low Ki defeated Christopher Daniels and American Dragon.. 9/10
o All three agreed to a Round Robin challange next month..

Round Robin Challenge 2002 53%
1. ROUND ROBIN MATCH #1: Christopher Daniels defeated American Dragon.. 7/10
2. TAG MATCH: Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) defeated Prince Nana & Eric Tuttle w/Simply Lucious.. 1/10
3. ROUND ROBIN MATCH #2: Low Ki defeated Christopher Daniels.. 7/10
4. MATCH: Spanky defeated Jay Briscoe.. 5/10
5. TAG TEAM 3-WAY: The SAT defeated Amazing Red & Brian XL and Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm).. 3/10
6. ROUND ROBIN MATCH #3: American Dragon defeated Low Ki.. 9/10
o Ken Shamrock came out before the match and made himself the special guest referee

A Night of Apprecication 2002 48%
1. 3-WAY TAG: Da Hit Squad defeated Prince Nana & Simply Luscious and Christopher Street Connection.. 1/10
2. MATCH: Jay Briscoe w/Mark Briscoe defeated Tony Mamaluke.. 3/10
3. TAG MATCH: Divine Storm defeated Christian York & Joey Matthews.. 6/10
4. TRIPLE THREAT: James Maritato defeated "The Black Nature Boy" Scoot Andrews and Xavier.. 4/10
5. MATCH: Low Ki defeated A.J. Styles.. 7/10
6. TAG MATCH: The Carnage Crew (HC Loc & DeVito) defeated The Ring Crew Express (Marcos & Dunn).. 4/10
7. MATCH: Donovan Morgan defeated "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels.. 6/10
8. TWA GAUNTLET MATCH: Paul London vs John Hope vs Michael Shane vs Spanky vs American Dragon.. 6/10
9. MAIN EVENT: Eddy Guerrero & Amazing Red defeated The SAT (Jose & Joel Maximo).. 7/10

Road to the Title 2002 44%
1. ROH TITLE TOURNAMENT ROUND #1:
o American Dragon defeated Bio-Hazard (Block C).. 2/10
o Spanky defeated Paul London (Block A).. 5/10
o Doug Williams defeated Jay Briscoe w/Mark Briscoe (Block C).. 5/10
o Jody Fleisch defeated Jonny Storm (Block A).. 4/10
o Low Ki defeated Prince Nana by referee stoppage after a roundhouse kick to the head (Block D).. 1/10
o The Amazing Red defeated Xavier (Block D).. 4/10
o Christopher Daniels defeated Scoot Andrews (Block B) - Simply Lucious is named the 1st member of the Prophecy.. 2/10
o A.J. Styles defeated Jerry Lynn (Block B).. 7/10
2. WOMANS MATCH: Sumie Sakai w/Scoot Andrews defeated Simply Luscious w/Chris Daniels.. 2/10
3. ROH TITLE TOURNAMENT ROUND #2:
o Spanky defeated Jody Fleisch.. 4/10
o Doug Williams defeated American Dragon.. 7/10
o Low Ki defeated The Amazing Red .. 7/10
o Christopher Daniels defeated A.J. Styles.. 8/10

Crowning A champion 2002 41%
1. MATCH: Tony Mamaluke defeated Jeremy Lopez.. 4/10
2. TAG MATCH: Joey Matthews & Christian York w/Alexis Laree beat Prince Nana & Jacobs Ladder.. 0/10
3. ROH CONTRACT MATCH: Michael Shane & Bio-Hazard defeated Paul London & Don Juan.. 4/10
4. TAG MATCH: Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) defeated Divine Storm (Chris Divine & Quiet Storm).. 2/10
5. MATCH: James Maritato (formerly Little Guido) defeated Jay Briscoe.. 4/10
6. BUNKHOUSE MATCH: Natural Born Sinners (Homicide & Boogalou) defeated Carnage Crew (HC Loc & Tony DeVito). 6/10
7. NWA-TNA X-TITLE 3-WAY: A.J. Styles defeated David Young and Adam Jacobs to retain.. 6/10
8. SIX MAN TAG: Dunn & Marcos & Mike Tobin defeated Brian XL & Dixie & Black Gordon.. 2/10
9. MATCH: Scoot Andrews defeated Xavier.. 4/10
10. IRON MAN MATCH: Low Ki beat Chris Daniels w/Simply Lucious and Spanky and Doug Williams to win the ROH title.. 9/10

Unscripted 2002 40%
1. Los Maximos vs. Christopher Daniels & Donovan Morgan 4/10
2. James Maritato & Tony Mamaluke vs. Dick Togo & Ikuto Hidaka. 5/10
3. James Maritato vs. Tony Mamaluke. 2/10
4. Divine Storm vs. American Dragon & Mike Modest. 4/10
5. Dick Togo & Ikuto Hidaka vs. Christopher Daniels & Donovan Morgan. 6/10
6. Alex Arion (w/Prince Nana) vs. Dunn 0/10
7. Low Ki vs. Xavier. 3/10
8. Takao Omori vs. Sonny Siaki. 3/10
9. Jay Briscoe vs. The Amazing Red. 5/10
10. Michael Shane vs. Paul London. 8/10

Honor Invades Boston 2002 37%
1. OPENING MATCH: Amazing Red defeated Quiet Storm.. 3/10
2. TAG SCRAMBLE: The SAT & Chris Devine defeated Special K (Izzy & Dixie & Brian XL).. 4/10
3. ROH TITLE MATCH: Low Ki defeated Chris Devine in less than a minute to retain.. 1/10
4. TAG MATCH: Christopher St. Connection defeated Marcos and Dunn.. 1/10
5. MATCH: "The Black Nature Boy" Scoot Andrews defeated Mike Tobin in a short match.. 1/10
6. MATCH: Xavier defeated "The Black Nature Boy" Scoot Andrews.. 3/10
7. MATCH: Michael Shane w/Biohazard defeated Paul London..6/10
8. MATCH: American Dragon vs Donovan Morgan ended in a time limit DRAW.. 7/10
9. BOSTON MASSACRE MATCH: Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) defeated Carnage Crew (DeVito & Loc).. 3/10
10. MATCH: Biohazard w/Michael Shane defeated Don Juan.. 1/10
11. NECW TITLE MATCH: Alex Arion defeated Maverick Wylde.. 3/10
12. TAG MATCH: Natural Born Sinners defeated Tony Marmaluke & James Maritato.. 6/10
13. MATCH: Mark Briscoe defeated Jay Briscoe.. 8/10
14. ROH TITLE MATCH: Low Ki defeated AJ Styles to retain.. 8/10

Glory by Honor 2002 43%
1. TAG SCRAMBLE: Homicide (alone) defeated Special K (Izzy/Dixie) & The SAT & Divine Storm.. 5/10
2. TAG MATCH: The Backseat Boyz (Trent Acid & Johnny Kashmere) defeated Homicide & Steve Corino.. 4/10
3. INTERGENDER MATCH: Christopher Street Connection & Allison Danger beat Joey Matthews & Christian York & Alexis Laree.. 1/10
4. FBI MATCH: Tony Mamaluke defeated James Maritato to win the rights to use the FBI name/gimmick.. 6/10
5. MATCH: Amazing Red defeated Ikuto Hidaka with the Infra-Red followed by the Code Red.. 7/10
6. EXTREME TEXAS WRESTLING TV TITLE MATCH: Fast Eddie defeated Don Juan to retain.. 2/10
7. TEXAS DEATH MATCH: Steve Corino defeated Rudy Boy Gonzalez with a Cobra Clutch.. 2/10
8. FIGHT WITHOUT HONOR: Low Ki defeated Samoa Joe (representing The Prophecy).. 9/10
9. MATCH: Prince Nana defeated Special K's Elax.. 1/10
10. NON TITLE MATCH: Jay Briscoe defeated Xavier (ROH Champion).. 5/10
11. TAG MATCH: Carnage Crew (HC Loc & Tony DeVito) vs Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) was a NO CONTEST.. 4/10
12. TRIPLE THREAT: Michael Shane defeated Spanky and Paul London.. 5/10
13. HANDSHAKE MATCH: Christopher Daniels w/Simply Lucious defeated Doug Williams.. 6/10

ALL star Extravaganza 2002 55%
1. TAG SCRAMBLE: The SAT beat Special K (Dixie/Joey Matthews) & Divine Storm & Da Hit Squad.. 6/10
2. FIRST ROUND GAUNTLET MATCH: Michael Shane defeated C.M. Punk with his hands
3. SECOND ROUND GAUNTLET MATCH: Paul London defeated Michael Shane..
4. THIRD ROUND GAUNTLET MATCH: Paul London defeated Amazing Red..
5. FORTH ROUND GAUNTLET MATCH: American Dragon defeated Paul London by tap out to the Cattle Mutilation.. 6/10
6. 6-MAN TAG: Chris Daniels & Donovan Morgan & Samoa Joe defeated Low Ki & Doug Williams & Homicide.. 8/10
7. WOMANS MATCH: Alexis Laree defeated Allison Danger w/Mace Mendoza.. 1/10
8. TAG MATCH: The Carnage Crew (HC Loc & DeVito) defeated The Ring Crew Express (Dunn & Marcos).. 1/10
9. ROH TITLE MATCH: Xavier w/Simply Lusicious defeated Jay Briscoe to retain.7/10.
10. FINALS OF THE GAUNTLY MATCH: A.J. Styles defeated American Dragon with the Styles Clash.. 9/10
11. MAIN EVENT: Shinjiro Otani & Masato Tanaka defeated Steve Corino & Low Ki.. 6/10

Scramble Madness 2002 42%
1. KICKOFF: Mark Briscoe & Mystery Partner vs Jay Briscoe & Mystery Partner.. 7/10
2. INTERGENDER MATCH: Alexis Laree beat Mace Mendoza (of the Christopher St. Connection) w/Allison Danger.. 1/10
3. NON (ROH) TITLE MATCH: Xavier w/Simply Lucious defeated Jeremy Lopez with a 450 to retain.. 4/10
4. TAG MATCH: Da Hit Squad (Mafia & Monsta Mack) defeated Tony Mamulake & Matt Thompson (6'8 Rookie).. 3/10
5. SCRAMBLE MADNESS: The SAT & Divine Storm & Red w/Trinity beat Special K (Izzy, Joey, AngelDust, Deranged, Slim J).. 7/10
6. HANDICAP MATCH: Samoa Joe defeated The Ring Crew Express (Dunn and Marcos).. 1/10
7. STREET MATCH: Paul London & Rudy Boy defeated Bio Hazard & Michael Shane.. 4/10
8. TAG MATCH: The Carnage Crew (HC Loc & Devito & Masada) defeated Alex Arion & Don Juan & Fast Eddie.. 2/10
9. MATCH: Homicide defeated Samoa Joe.. 5/10
10. MATCH: AJ Styles defeated Christopher Daniels w/Simply Lucious.. 6/10
11. 30-MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH: American Dragon defeated Doug Williams 1-0.. 7/10

Night Of the butcher 2002 51%
1. MATCH: Michael Shane defeated Jeremy Lopez.. 4/10
2. BEST OF THE MIDWEST MATCH: "Classic" Colt Cabana defeated C.M. Punk.. 6/10
3. #1 CONTENDER SEMI-FINALS: Paul London defeated E.Z. Money.. 4/10
4. #1 CONTENDER SEMI-FINALS: "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson defeated Chad Collyer.. 7/10
5. TAG SCRAMBLE: The SAT defeated Joey Matthews & Deranged and Da Hit Squad and Jay Briscoe & Amazing Red.. 7/10
6. TAG MATCH: Devine Storm (Chris Devine & Quiet Storm) defeating Jeff Starr & Shockwave.. 1/10
7. #1 CONTENDER FINALS: Paul London defeated American Dragon to become the #1 contender for the ROH Title..7/10
8. ROH TITLE MATCH: Xavier w/Simply Lusicous defeated A.J. Styles w/Alexis Laree to retain.. 7/10
9. BUNKHOUSE MATCH: Homicide & Abdullah the Butcher defeated The Carnage Crew (Loc & DeVito)..
o Lots of tables, forks, chairs and blood.. 3/10

Final battle 2002 47%
1. ROH CONTRACT MATCH: C.M. Punk defeated Colt Cabana with a spectacular Pepsi Plunge finisher.. 6/10
2. WOMANS MATCH: Simply Luscious defeated Alexis Laree after Chris Daniels attacked Alexis.. 0/10
3. TAG SCRAMBLE: Special K (Deranged/Angeldust) defeated Da Hit Squad (Mafia/Mack) & The Backseat Boyz (Acid/Kashmere).. 6/10
4. TAG TITLE 2/3 FALLS: The Prophecy (Morgan & Daniels) defeated The SAT (Jose & Joel Maximo) to retain.. 8/10
5. TAG MATCH: Christopher Street Connection (Buff E & Mace) defeated The Carnage Crew (Loc & Devito) by DQ.. 1/10
6. MATCH: Jody Fleisch (England) defeated Amazing Red with help from Special K (Fleisch joins Special K).. 3/10
7. ROH TITLE MATCH: Xavier defeated Paul London to retain.. 7/10
8. #1 CONTENER 4WAY: American Dragon vs. Low Ki vs. Samoa Joe vs. steve corino 7/10

I got most of 2003-June 2006 shows (except for about 10-15) so i may post them up...(if people are interested)

If i overrated matches then fuck off :).. but i rate my shit pretty well...(if you like the 5 star ranking just divide / 10 by 2, you will have my answer, as i hate using 1/4 and 3/4 bullshit crap)...

ROH 2002 = 45%.... (decent for a 1st year as you don't expect much from a 1st, wrestling quality wise they did better than TNA in this Year.. But gaining audience wise TNA best them...)

If you just wanted to see matches from this year..

my top 5 very High choices would be

1. Low Ki Vs Bryan Danielson vs Christopher Daniels Era of Honor begins 2002
2. Low ki Vs Bryan Danielson Round Robin Challenge 2002
3. ROH World Championship: Low Ki Vs Spanky Vs Doug Williams Vs Christopher daniels Crowning a Champion 2002
4. Low ki Vs Samoa Joe glory By honor 2002
5. bryan Danielson Vs AJ Styles ALL star Extravaganza 2002

Low Ki was Dipset 2002 ROH MVP

Reaction score
Products__2656_14.jpg

Bedlam in Beantown

The show starts with the returning Jack Evans and The Vulture Squad doing a little promo of how Jack is back (hey that rhymes :p) and how their going to win their respective matches.

1.El Generico vs. Roderick Strong vs. Erick Stevens vs. Rocky Romero (Four Corner Survival- Winner Receives World Title Match)
Stevens and Roderick started the match and pretty much continued where they left off and started to beat each other up. The match went on almost as a tag match with Roderick and Romero teaming up and cutting the ring in half with Stevens. You could really not appreciate the match as a Four Corner Survival with the 4 men almost pairing up. Stevens even apologized to Gneerico for breaking the pin attempt. The match ended after NRC finally gets into each others faces but they just pretty much slapped each other and received a double "Choo Choo" from Stevens followed by a roll up to Strong for the win and chance for the World Title later at the night. (***)

Stevens cuts a promo about winning the championship this time saying that he won't let the chance slip his fingers after losing to Morishima before.

2.Jason Blade vs. Mike Bennett
Bennett pretty much jobbed to Blade and getting little offense in. The match ended pretty quickly and didn't really have any high spots. (**)

The debuting Kota Ibushi cuts a promo and Davey cuts in showing off his belt and saying that Kota is now at NRC's world.

3.Jigsaw vs. Eddie Edwards
The match was ok, Not much of a fast paced match like Jigsaw would normally have. Both guys had some offense in and the match ended with Larry Sweeney's music playing as he comes out to the stage, Distracting Jigsaw. With Jigsaw distracted Edwards turns him around and hits the 2k1 Bomb for the win. Sweeney then announces that Eddie Edwards is the new member of Sweet and Sour Inc. (**)

3.Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Jack Evans & Ruckus
The match started with a dance off between Jack and MarkBriscoe and Jack as usual did a great routine followed by Mark doing a routine of his own to say the least (Funny stuff). The match started off pretty slow with Jack and Mark chain wrestling but knowing both teams things picked up after Ruckus was tagged in. Match ends with Evans hitting a 630. (***1/4)

A scheduled match between Sara del Ray and Daizee Haze was canceled when Larry Sweeney came out saying that that he didn't negotiate for that match and Sara was under SnS and not ROH. So Sara couldn't go on with the mach or Sweeney would sue her. Sara had no choice but to go the back leaving Haze behind. Haze asks for Sweeney to face her and Sweeney accepts but with his 2 guys with him. Hero and Albright proceed to come down the ring and approach the defenseless Haze till Delirious comes to save her. The numbers game picks up on him and his two partners Claudio and Pele come out to even the odds.

5. Delirious, Claudio Castagnoli & Pelle Primeau vs. Larry Sweeney, Brent Albright, & Chris Hero (Six Man Elimination Match)
The match was pretty enjoyable, I mean just take a look at the talent in the ring (well except for Sweeney lol) Albright came out as the executioner for his team finishing Pelle but Sweeney stole the tag for the pin which Albright didn't appreciate and knocking out Delirious with a series of knees. Claudio was left with no partners and came out a star after eliminating Hero with the Ricola Bomb leaving Sweeney and Albright. Eventually Sweeney left Albright in the ring. Claudio and Albright came out putting up a great match against each other with the fans getting in to it. The match ends with Claudio hitting the Ricola Bomb scoring his team the win. (***1/2)

Nigel cuts a promo saying that someone must hate him having him defend his title every night his in the ring. He then goes with heating his match with Stevens and finishes with telling us that his looking forward at Necro Butcher beating up Steen so that at his match the next night with him Nigel will just be picking up the remains.

6. Davey Richards vs. Kota Ibushi
A MOTN candidate I believe and was the match I enjoyed most. Both men showcased their moves and the fans were really into it. The match had a nice pace to it and was very exciting. Both men, Especially Ibushi showed great athleticism. The match ended with a bell-to-back to tombstone - Kimura combination from Richards. After Davey leaves , "Please come back" chants echoed throughout the arena towards Ibushi after a very impressive ROH debut. (***3/4 - ****)

7. Nigel McGuinness vs. Four Corner Survival Winner (ROH World Title Match)
While Stevens was making his entrance, He gets attacked from behind by Strong who sends Stevens arm first to the steel post and apparently doing damage to the arm of Stevens. Nigel then enters and claims that he knows how it feels to be injured before a title match and how difficult it is to take a night off. He continous by saying that he cares about Stevens unlike the fans and tells him to go back. He then says that he will still compete in a title match and asks Osiris to come out to show these fans all the lariats they like. Stevens urges to continue and the match is set. The match had Nigel targeting the arm of Stevens. The fans were cut in half with "F*ck you Nigel" chants and "Lets go Nigel chants". Stevens puts up a fight but comes out short after slipping from the 2nd turnbuckle after a flying shoulder block attempt and Nigel finishes off with a London Dungeon. (***1/2)

Delirious cuts a promo and I don't know what the hell he said except that he'll get retribution against Albright. He ends the promo and as he exits he sees Haze who gives him his vest and thanks him for the save and we all know where this storyline is headed.

8. Necro Butcher vs. Kevin Steen (Boston Massacre Match)
The match starts with Steen coming from the fans and attacks Butcher who was expecting him to come from the entranceway. The match had some pretty nice spots like a neckbreaker to the table, A top rope hurricanrana and Tigerdriver on thumbtacks. It was an all out brawl between the two using trash cans, tables,chairs,the ring bell and a barbedwire board. It was funny how Necro scattered the thumbtacks and tried to avoid stepping on them cause he has no shoes on. The match ends with Steen executing the sharpshooter with Necro on the barbedwire board and Necro giving up. The fans gave Necro a standing ovation for his efforts and looks like he took quite a blade job.(***3/4)

Overall the show was good. Had some great matches and some not so good. It was no Super Card Of Honor but was good for what it was worth. (8.5/10)

Montana

INJUSTICE

Heres a quick review of the matches and overall thoughts of the show.

1. Jack Evans vs. El Generico

Good opener, Jack made his ROH return here from some time off. Two of the most under utilized faces in ROH faced off and in hot opener. Solid match, and i loved the ending. After the match, Nigel came out and pounded on Generico, only to pour gas on the fire, for the title match on the show.

2. Jigsaw vs. Mitch Franklin

I dont like Mitch Franklin....Alright match, short and sweet. **

3. Chris Hero & Eddie Edwards vs. Erick Stevens & Pelle Primeau

More Promo action before the match. CHris Hero basically said the games were over, and he would no longer entertain the fans of ROH. The new Chris Hero was more intense and to the point in this match. I was impressed by all four men. This match wasn't really that long though. I'll give it a solid **3/4

4. Delirious vs. Brent Albright

This match kinda surprised me. I wasn't expected much, but they put on a another solid 10 minute match. Nothing too extreme, but some good pyschology. More aftermath with Sweeny/Albright.
**3/4

5. Necro Butcher vs. Roderick Strong (No DQ Match)

I really liked this one. Say what you will about Necro, but he's pretty entertaining to me. It was basically a brawl but these guys threw lots of stiff shorts and a memorable spot too.

***3/4

6. Kota Ibushi vs. Claudio Castagnoli

This was another great match, however this is tough to rate. Kota did his typical spots, but after a while they arent as special. None the less, very good match.

***3/4

7. Nigel McGuinness vs. Kevin Steen (ROH World Title Match)

Kevin Steen went about 7-8 months with a undefeated singles record heading into this match. Some people hated the ending, however i thought it wasn't that bad. I actually liked the ending + more aftermath. It sets things up for future shows very nicely imo.

8. Davey Richards & Rocky Romero vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (World Tag Team Title Match

Two of the best tag teams in the world and they put on a great match. After seeing four great matches in a row, its hard to say which was the best. They gave these teams time, and if you seen Romero/Richards team up, you know they can put on a great match.

***3/4

OVerall thoughts. Very Solid show. BEtter than i was expecting. I thought any of the final four match could be match of the night, or at least four stars. I wanted to rate at least the final three at four stars, but figured it may be over rating, so i under rated. This show is my type of show, as far as storylines and promos go. The action was fast paced and hard hitting. Good variety. Depending on how many ROH dvds you purchase, would depend on if this is worht getting. I think ROH has put on a few better shows. But i'd say this is a top 5 show this year so far, from what i've seen.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I finished watching 2002 ROH this week, and it's so different from what it is today, it doesn't even look like the same promotion. It wasn't great, but I guess at that time, it was something new to everyone.

Beer Money Army

hi i just finished watching 2 ROH's shows

Death Before Dishonor 4

1. Seth vs delriious *1/2
2. Colt/Jay Vs Rave/sal ***
3.Strong Vs Nigel ***1/2
4. Briscoes Vs irish airbourne ***
5. Davey Richards vs Aj styles ** 1/2
6.Bryan Daneslon Vs Sonjay Dutt ** 1/2
7. ROh vs CZW *****

overall the show is a 60% .. Thumbs up.. the show is up there with fate of an angel, final battle 2003 n scramble cage merlee...

War on the Wire 2

1. Trik vs Jacobs **
2. RAVE/sal Vs Davey/clark ***
3. Nigel Vs Colt Cabana * 1/2
4. Daniels Vs Sydal ***
5. 4 Corners *** 1/2
6.briscoes Vs evans/strong *** 1/2
7. BJ Whitmer Vs Necro butcher ****

Overall: 61%

Thumbs up this show... I recommend it .. a good roh show just like D4D 4 Pt1, Nowhere 2 run, Manhattan Mayhem and at our best....

2002 was alright HFH, it's was new at its time.. I'm glad show aren't like them anymore.. but the crap stuff in ROH 2002 was terrible...

Soulpower

Since I don't have enough cash to buy new ROH DVD's, I've been catching up with some of the older shows I had lying around. This won't be an actual review, just star ratings and a couple of comments. I'll be talking about some of the 03 shows for the time being.

FINAL BATTLE 2003

This show was highlighted by some matches between ROH talent and AJPW talent. It has Great Muta, and that's good enough for me.

2lb18gn.jpg

Bryan Danielson vs Jay Briscoe: At the time, this was one of ROH's better openers in its short history. Jay was able to go toe to toe with Danielson, but Danielson got the win after a Dragon Suplex and The Cattle Mutilation. This was about making Jay look good, since he was next in line to a title shot.

Rating: ***1/4

Xavier vs John Walters: This was the conclusion of a long feud that started at Glory By Honor II, and watching this almost makes me miss Xavier. Some of the spots were a bit off, but didn't take away all that much from the match. Walters wins with a Sunset Flip Powerbomb through a Ladder. Post-match, Prince Nana sides with Xavier and creates a little group called THE EMBASSY!!

Match Rating:**** (***1/2 for the match, another half a star because of the post-match angle)

Matt Stryker vs BJ Whitmer: This is one of BJ's better matches in his ROH career. Very good match with some PSYCHOLOGY (Really, Kaedon!). This was the finals of The Field of Honor, and Stryker won it with the Strykerlock (A modified Figure Four).

Match Rating:***1/2

Samoa Joe vs Mark Briscoe: Yet ANOTHER good match. There were a couple of moments where you really thought Mark would pull of the upset. However, Joe got the win after hitting some repeated knees and making Mark tap out to the Koquina Clutch.

Match Rating:***

Post-Match. Punk hits the ring, and we find out who attacked Lucy (Daffney). It turned out to be BJ Whitmer, who ended up joining The Prophecy. I might try to explain this angle later.

This was pretty much the end of the "first half" of the show. For the second half... ROH vs AJPW.

CM Punk & Colt Cabana vs. Tomiaki Honma & Kazushi Miyamoto: Just a lot of wild action from start to finish, including an impressive spot with a lot of big moves which led to everyone getting KO'ed momentarily. The Saints pick up the win after Punk hits the Pepsi Plunge on Honma.

Rating:***1/2

AJ Styles vs Kaz Hayashi: Hayashi had improved a lot after leaving WCW. Unfortunately, he didn't show it here. This was actually a dissapointing match. Styles wins with the Styles Clash. Some cool moments, but nothing really outstanding.

Match Rating: **1/2

Homicide vs Satoshi Kojima: Another match that I found to be underwhelming. The action picked up in the second half of the match, but it was too little too late. Kojima picks up the win after hitting a couple of Lariats.

Match Rating:**1/4

The Great Muta & Arashi vs. Christopher Daniels & Dan Maff : This was for the All Japan tag titles, so you knew Maff and Daniels had no chance. Solid match, but the fans really didn't care. They loved Muta, and popped for everything he did. Muta and Arashi win after Muta mists Maff, and hits a Shining Wizard on Daniels.

Match Rating:***

A nice promo by The Prophecy ends the show.

Its tough to buy this show on the ROH site (Its usually out of print :(), but worth a pickup if you can find it. Some of the matches could have been better, but it was still a fine show. I'll give a 7.5/10, and a thumbs up.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
2003 was an OK year for ROH, I'm starting to watch the shows I have of that now. I'm pretty surprised that I don't have FB03, that might be the only in stock show I don't have.

OK so, quick question for everyone. I'm going to DBD6 on Saturday, and I don't know what I should get for DVD's. A New Level and Take No Prisoners are the only ones I'm sure of. So I need 2 more shows to fill out what I'm getting. Any help with this? I already have from this year...
Eye of the Storm
6YAS
DGC2
SCOHIII

Montana

I'd say the top 5 from this year you don't have on your list of seen...

1) Return engagement

2) Tag Wars

3) Injustice

4) Proving Ground

5) Up for Grabs (yet to see)

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'd say the top 5 from this year you don't have on your list of seen...

1) Return engagement

2) Tag Wars

3) Injustice

4) Proving Ground

5) Up for Grabs (yet to see)

that looks like a nice list after seeing the card. Southern Navigation doesn't look bad either, it sounded better than A New Level after reading the Live Reports. I think I'm set now, it all depends on what my brother gets for himself.

Diablo4life

Reaction score
Top 5 that I have seen from ROH this year(keep in mind, only saw 10)

1. Supercard Of Honor III (Just the best all around show ROH has had since BTOB

2. 6 Year Anniversary Show

3. Take No Prisoners (Mostly because of Nigel/Black)

4. Return Engagement

5. Tag Wars

A New Level was great too, but I was there :p.